Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Rapist you better build up your ships.

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Don't rush it. I'm trying to sprite some better ships. I'll get more active tomorrow.

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    Declare Beta Proximus/Krakos Eye.

The Tau use their gravitic drives to jump out of the system, and they find themselves in Krakos Eye.

Once they get there, they find themselves face to face with a familiar fleet. The commander personally hails the TPN fleet.

Greetings! We come in peace on behalf of the Tau Empire. Our records currently recognize your faction within good standing with us, and so I believe it is safe for me to tell us our mission here. Our associates alerted us to a presence that built a strange apparatus in their sector, and we were sent to investigate their motives. We seemed to have been able to track them down to this sector, and we still want to question them. We must stress that our mission is a peaceful one, and we do not want to cause any alarm or un-needed violence.

4. Post #244
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Those ships look like frikin icebergs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    They're painted in the Sac'ea Sept color scheme. If it were the T'au Sept, they would look like sand.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Pictureless declare:
    Greetings, Tau commander. This "faction" you're referring to is indeed here. The Golden fleet is here! We are reunited, we stand united!
    You have our permission to question them, but we do not know if they will be so cooperative.
    Edited:

Also, should a gas giant I use for fuel also count as a planet?

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    Thank you. We have communicated with the Golden Fleet on private comms, and we are working out an agreement now. I'm sure they will fill you in on the details. Congratulations on being reunited with your long lost comrades.

8. Post #248
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Seeing as my small fighter is close enough to the sun, it lets off an eletro-pulse to try and get a better reading of the sun. It still does not detect other life in the galaxy. (I need to research advanced scanning arrays when my labs are done.)

The electronic pulse can be detected and triangulated by big ships, but it will take one turn, not including yours.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    The secrets of the Krakos' eye anomaly have not even been discovered by the research station orbiting it, a small ship like that would only detect large energy fluctuations, and 9 unknown types of radiation. Perhaps in the future, the station could harness it's powers, but a faction that has never seen it before could not.

10. Post #250
    December 2011
    358 Posts
    Declare on Capella.

Having Hailed the Unidentified Vessel but not received a reply , The Captain decides to Bring his ship in closer to the vessel , to scan it at close range , and If needs be , Prepare a boarding Party.

They start scanning the Vessel.

Alright , It's Probably time you knew of my ship's weapons and Capabilities.
    Weapons:
    1x Hull laser Array
    Fore and Aft Torpedo Tubes
    20 Long range multi role Missiles , Launched from silos in the hull

It's extremely slow manuevering , but very fast with its Impulse engines.
    Has limited warp Capability.
    Has a "Silent Drive" System , effective rendering the ship non-existent to Radar and Heat scanners/Thermal Imaging.
    Research:
    FINISHED: Mining Bases
    STARTED: Shipyards (1/40)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,436 Posts
    Fuck, Tanagra is fucking beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Someone has darkened the image again.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,044 Posts
    Errrr could have been me

Some guy in the last thread used Paintbrush and it did the same thing. It's a piece of shit. Alternatives?

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Photoshop? Paint.net?

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    GIMP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Use GIMP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    I personally use Paint.net

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,489 Posts
    I just use MS Paint.

19. Post #259
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    I just use MS Paint.

20. Post #260
    Dennab
    June 2012
    1,199 Posts
    Despite the lack of quality many users in this subforum provide, this thread has some of the most thought out and detailed sprites I've seen in a match like this.

21. Post #261
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Despite the lack of quality many users in this subforum provide, this thread has some of the most thought out and detailed sprites I've seen in a match like this.
    Welcome, to where paint gets legit. Pixels are our paint, and these maps are our canvas. We are artists, via digital means. Welcome, to create a planet and invade.

Edited:

Oh, and BTW, the electronic wave can be traced back to my ship in krakos by bigger ships. (*Cough* Dark Fleet *Cough*)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Erm, woop die doo

some guy's microwave broke and that's how they tracked the electronic wave

Greetings, we are the organisation of space monkeys, we like pie.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Erm, woop die doo

some guy's microwave broke and that's how they tracked the electronic wave
    Get on steam

Also declare.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    pictureless declare:

magic occurs, they trace the frequency, and they contact them.
    Greetings, unidentified ships. You have entered a TPN Da- TPN owned sector. What is your purpose here?

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts

The Voyager returns to Votto prime.

They contact the Magellan.

We've taken care of that business. Shall we continue our mission?
    (I improved the Magellan and Voyager)

26. Post #266
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    Declare Daruuk!

On Daruuk, the warp ship gets ready to leave again, to explore the next couple of stars. The one that they are going after this time, referred to by the scientists as K-14-7-9, looks like there might be more civilizations there. The warp ship starts off.

Warp Ship to Command, we have successfully entered warp. Setting course to K-14-7-9 now.
    As the warp-ship goes on its way, the scientists send out a message on the ansible.

To the Capella star system. Some time ago we were able to create a contained blackhole, using our research in space-time. We were thinking that we could set it off around the relic, letting it get sucked in, and then we could contain it again. Nothing escapes from a blackhole, as far as we know, so we think that this technology we have might let us get rid of the threat. Of course, the technology is flawed, and we wouldn't know if it could survive a warp, but we can try. With this message comes an attached print for an ansible, so you can communicate with us.
    (For those who didn't know, the ansible is a faster-than-light communicator)

Large ship (2 turns)
    Space-time research (10 turns)
    Krakos's Eye (2 turns)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Declare Capella.

Edited:

Accelerated building of a Battleship and an Assault ship begins.
    The salvaging ship finishes its work.

28. Post #268
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    Pictureless Declare

Space-time research is coming along well. The scientists have discovered a way to start creating the contained black-holes with no casualties. The big ship is almost done with being built. The Warp Ship, on its way to K-14-9-7, is almost there.

Large ship (1 turns)
    Space-time research (9 turns)
    Krakos's Eye (1 turns)

Where is everyone?

29. Post #269
    December 2011
    67 Posts
    Pictureless Declare:
    The Magellan responds to the Voyager.
    Our repairs are complete, as well as we found our error in the bubble stabilization, let us continue our journey.
    Markren construction crews start work on a new set of ships as word reaches back to the planet that the Magellan was damaged.
    Ships currently being assembled:

2 Frigates: (3 turns)
    One cruiser: (5 Turns)

30. Post #270
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    Krakos's Eye Declare (where is everybody?)

The Warp Ship exits warp

The crew of the warp ship notices the residents of the system

Hello, residents of the K-14-9-7 galaxy. This is the representative of the Daruuk solar system. How are you?
    Manners, manners. Anyway...

------------
    DARUUK
    ------------

The large ship is finished! While the main goal is for establishing alliances and working as a merchant class vessel, the vehicle is also armed in the case of danger, with 8 missile launchers, two tesla cannons, and one experimental contained blackhole cannon. The plan is firing the containment sphere at something, and waiting for it to break. There is also another spare containment sphere onboard, to clear up the mess. The captain has been given orders though to never use it unless there is no other hope of getting out alive. The vessel also has a warp module, which is planned to be used immediately for establishing alliances with other civilizations.

Space-time research is going well. Scientists have successfully made another contained blackhole with no casualties. It now resides as a desk ornament for the head scientist/physicist working on the Space-Time Research.

Space-time research (8 turns)
    Large ship: Find a star to visit (1 turn)

As you can tell, I like having friends.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Doing stuff, I guess.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,436 Posts
    Hey...uh...could somebody post in the Empires & Revolutions thread real quick. I need to split my previous post from my turn post.

Shit That Gets You Mad wasn't so understanding (because they're all circle-jerking douchebags that don't realize its that douche quality that makes others dislike them).

Edited:

Here's a link. http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1190776&page=9

Edited:

Gah, nobody is doing anything in either of the two threads I do anything in.

Edited:

Fuck it. Posted turn anyway.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,044 Posts
    Declare Capella (I fixed up the levels a bit btw)

A small ship is launched from the surface of Tanagra and enters orbit. Energy signatures emanating from the ship are consistent with faster-than-light drive technology. This appears to be a landmark moment for civilization on Tanagra.

As the drive spools up, a disproportionately large gravity well appears in front of the small ship-- something isn't right.

[Prototype FTL drive spool-up] 1 Turn

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Damn you, kommodore and willlawrbet, for copying my ship design!

35. Post #275
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    D: I would never do such a thing! Kommodore, maybe, but not me!

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,044 Posts
    Damn you, kommodore and willlawrbet, for copying my ship design!
    Come on... that thing is tiny; the rest of the ship lineup doesn't look anything like yours.
    I'm also considering changing the window lights to a different color, in which case the difference would be patently obvious.

37. Post #277
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    Terra Amoris Declare

The large ship has found a new set of destinations: First a system called V-71-2-0, and then another called B-0-4-27. Both are relatively close to each other, so straight after the visit to V-71, the large ship will go to B-0. The ship gets ready to warp

The large ship warps successfully, and starts making its way to V-71. The contained blackhole has a little shake, but stays closed. It will take 2 turns for the ship to reach V-71

Space-time research is going well. Now the scientists are trying to link the blackholes, or otherwise creating a wormhole.

Large ship: Reach Votto Prime (:D) (2 turns)
    Space-time research (7 turns)

38. Post #278
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Looks like you downsized that system a bit. Might want to fix that..

39. Post #279
    July 2011
    355 Posts
    That's how big I made it. if someone needs more space in my system, they can extend it and add black. Seems useless to have all that black empty space.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    Fuck, Tanagra is fucking beautiful.
    All the better when we DESTROY IT!

MWAHAHAHAHA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)