1. Post #1761
    September 2012
    11 Posts
    The next time, I will make sure that AO actually works on all models involved. Both the car and the boombox don't even show up in "AO-vision". So it ends up looking like this.

And here's the same scene with AO turned off.

And here you see three street wannabes about to get by an unfamiliar hazard on Viaduct. (Well, at least two.)

i was wondering where you found the track terrorizer in film maker i can't seem to find it anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #1762
    August 2011
    204 Posts

Yeah I know this has a lot of errors and mistakes in it (AO lines, sharp lines in volumetric light), but it really was just a quick test to experiment with SFM, and see how much my computer could handle.

AKA I was too lazy to re-render it, and need to move on to something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1763
    July 2012
    23 Posts
    i was wondering where you found the track terrorizer in film maker i can't seem to find it anywhere
    That's because it isn't in it. Valve hasn't synched SFM with the most recent additions to TF2 yet. If you want items that are not yet in SFM, you will have to open the "team fortress 2 materials" gcf file with GCFScape, extract the model and textures, and put it into the correct folders in the "tf" folder of SFM.

I couldn't get it to work perfectly with the HWM Scout model though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

4. Post #1764
    September 2012
    11 Posts
    That's because it isn't in it. Valve hasn't synched SFM with the most recent addition to TF2 yet. If you want items that are not yet in SFM, you will have to open the "team fortress 2 materials" gcf file with GCFScape, extract the model and textures, and put it into the correct folders in the "tf" folder of SFM.

I couldn't get it to work perfectly with the HWM Scout model though.

okay thanks for that one i was just wondering how people were getting all the newer stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1765
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,030 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #1766
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1767
    July 2009
    9,830 Posts
    Nice. Makes an awesome wallpaper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1768
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #1769
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    675 Posts
    Second Picture I've done so far.

Is there a way to change the team color?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #1770
    June 2008
    1,568 Posts
    In the animation set browser, right-click and "Set Skin" and select the one that suits you.

EDIT: Fuck writing with a phone that has auto-correct is hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1771
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    675 Posts
    In the animation set browser, right-click and "Set Skin" and select the one that suits you.

EDIT: Fuck writing with a phone that has auto-correct is hard.
    Thanks!

Edited:

Please excuse the weird cross thing going on, if some one can help me on it that would be amazing!

Helping out my F2P Bro.

12. Post #1772
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,030 Posts
    I like that TF2 posters gets loads of recognition whilst anything that isen't TF2 gets ignored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

13. Post #1773
    January 2012
    152 Posts
    Thanks!

Edited:

Please excuse the weird cross thing going on, if some one can help me on it that would be amazing!

Helping out my F2P Bro.
    Looks like 2000's. Raise dem progressive refinement settings. And use damn [t] thumbnails.
    The cross thing is because of AO. Turning it off would be your only chance, or maybe exporting movie with the image sequence as PNG.
    At the very beginning I had the AO lines on my HD4850 as well, but not on my nvidia 540M laptop. Few updates later it got fixed on my HD4850 as well. Right now I use an HD7770 and they're still fixed. Probably depends on GPU. Render at lower resolutions is also a fix.
    Or if you're good at photoshopping, exporting the AO separately and fixing it in photoshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

14. Post #1774
    November 2011
    299 Posts
    Looks like 2000's. Raise dem progressive refinement settings. And use damn [t] thumbnails.
    The cross thing is because of AO. Turning it off would be your only chance, or maybe exporting movie with the image sequence as PNG.
    At the very beginning I had the AO lines on my HD4850 as well, but not on my nvidia 540M laptop. Few updates later it got fixed on my HD4850 as well. Right now I use an HD7770 and they're still fixed. Probably depends on GPU. Render at lower resolutions is also a fix.
    Or if you're good at photoshopping, exporting the AO separately and fixing it in photoshop.
    Nope, the solution for me was to remove resolution from launch settings and everything started working even on a HD4850. I have GTX 680 now and everything works fine too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

15. Post #1775
    January 2012
    152 Posts
    Nope, the solution for me was to remove resolution from launch settings and everything started working even on a HD4850. I have GTX 680 now and everything works fine too
    Strange tho you're probably right, didn't think of that. I certainly need an 1080 screen :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

16. Post #1776
    September 2012
    17 Posts
    This Sucks, and can someone tell me whats with the big ass line in my poster? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1777
    August 2012
    14 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1778
    November 2011
    299 Posts
    Strange tho you're probably right, didn't think of that. I certainly need an 1080 screen :(
    No what I mean is you leave the sfm_guardband 0 but don't add -height and -width
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #1779
    June 2012
    647 Posts

I really wish that SFM could export overlays with the posters so you don't have to export them as a 1 frame movie but oh well!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #1780
    August 2012
    33 Posts

Click image for larger version.
    Oh i like it. Question, how did you get the smoke effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1781

September 2011
    4 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #1782
    I'll Go all tadpole on you
    June 2005
    1,245 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #1783
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    Dennab
    August 2012
    3,635 Posts

24. Post #1784
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    103 Posts
    Oh i like it. Question, how did you get the smoke effect?
    El Photoshop'e
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #1785
    January 2009
    1,275 Posts
    This picture sums up my pleaythrough of the first chapter pretty well

With all of these new voice lines and ways to interact with the NPCs, it's all very amusing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1786
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,547 Posts
    I take it basically anything that isn't TF2 or portal 2 is frowned upon here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #1787
    February 2008
    815 Posts
    I must be stupid and doing something wrong. How'd you load up the map with all the original props still there?
    When I load it, most everything is missing. I had to put stuff back in just to do this.

28. Post #1788
    I'll Go all tadpole on you
    June 2005
    1,245 Posts
    I must be stupid and doing something wrong. How'd you load up the map with all the original props still there?
    When I load it, most everything is missing. I had to put stuff back in just to do this.

You have to have your ingame character in the room, then enable other entities
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1789
    January 2009
    1,275 Posts

IT WAS A NEIGHBORHOOD GAME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1790
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,930 Posts

IT WAS A NEIGHBORHOOD GAME!
    Please tell me you're making the entire short and not just this poster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1791
    January 2009
    1,275 Posts
    Please tell me you're making the entire short and not just this poster
    No, i am not

Actually i will, which is why i decided to make a clam model (it's default skin doesn't have the eyes)   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #1792
    October 2011
    4,277 Posts
    So I tried to import Apoc Hedgie's Mario ragdoll into Source Film Maker to see what I could do with it and this is what I get:

I think I need to lie down now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1793
    May 2012
    16 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #1794
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1795
    August 2009
    961 Posts
    So I tried to import Apoc Hedgie's Mario ragdoll into Source Film Maker to see what I could do with it and this is what I get:
    There's an eye fix over here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AcmmhFm7V4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1796
    :D
    October 2011
    4,812 Posts
    Imported Daft Punk models, and they have our beloved purpleblack squares. How can I fix this?
    The problem might be caused because of animated heads(glowing lights).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events

37. Post #1797
    May 2010
    849 Posts
    You have to have your ingame character in the room, then enable other entities
    When I tried putting my player into the scene, there was so much going on in the console it crashed SFM in about thirty seconds.

Also, how would you enable other entities?

38. Post #1798
    September 2012
    15 Posts

A cinematic effect test for a video I'm working on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #1799
    Thaaaat's Whyt!
    January 2012
    1,671 Posts

Poster of my spy loadout and a friends heavy loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1800
    June 2012
    647 Posts

I've been working on some stuff with silhouettes lately and the first picture is one of my posters turned into a Tumblr background.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)