1. Post #1
    DRIEHUIS, NETHERLANDS (BNO NEWS) -- Teenagers who witnessed a man jump in front of a train in the Netherlands Wednesday took photos of his decapitated body and posted them to the social networking website Twitter, where the victim's son saw them before learning it was his father.

The incident took place on late Wednesday morning when the unidentified man entered the track at a train station in Driehuis, a small town in the province of North Holland, about 18 kilometers (11 miles) northwest of Amsterdam. It happened as a group of teenage students stood on a platform nearby.

Moments after the man was killed by a train, several students posted photos and a video of the man's body on Twitter, where thousands of people viewed it. "Here. Here is the body. Here he is," a boy can be heard shouting in the background of the video. Another student talks about the victim's severed head as the camera points at it.

The photos and video spread quickly among Twitter users in the Netherlands, many of whom expressed their shock and condemnation. "Disgusting these photos on Twitter of the suicide in Driehuis. The person who posted these is really sick," user LBangma wrote on Thursday morning.

Police were reluctant to comment on the incident but called on people to delete the photos. "Everyone who felt obligated to make a picture of the train victim [in] Driehuis: remove picture immediately. Disrespectful and goes way too far!," Kennemerland police wrote on their Twitter account.

Local police officer Edwin Verweij, who informed the man's relatives of his death, wrote on his Twitter account that the victim's son had seen the photo's before he knew it was his father. "Have had to tell relatives of the victim that their husband and father has been killed," he said. "Very emotional. Son saw pictures online before he knew it was his father! Very heavy so that's why the request (to delete the photos)!"

Verweij refused to comment on Thursday and referred questions to the communications department, where a police spokeswoman confirmed the victim's son had viewed the pictures online before he knew it was his father. "Yes, that is correct," the spokeswoman said, declining to go into further details.

The spokeswoman said police do not want to discuss the incident, saying it had received enough attention. "They were very shocking photos and the person who posted the pictures realized this immediately and started deleting things," she added. "And we prefer to leave it at that, because the cause itself is tragic enough."
    http://www.bnonews.com/inbox/?id=876

Video:(NSFW)
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e6_1340814090
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 86Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,968 Posts
    Why would you videotape that? Disrespectful pricks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 81Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,959 Posts
    Oh god that's awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2011
    1,657 Posts
    I cant even begin to fathom what might be going through this person's head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,626 Posts
    Whoever uploaded that is an ass.

I still can't explain why I watched the video though, I wasn't expecting anything pretty, but I did it anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    beep
    January 2006
    7,470 Posts
    It reminds me when my dad was a cop. Normally they would get calls for fatal accidents and they would come out and direct the traffic and such. One time my dad and his friend invited one of the 911 operators to come with them to check out the wreck during the guy's break. Ends up when they got there the woman who died in the crash was the guy's mom who immediately broke down completely which my dad had to help him. after that operators were no longer allowed to go to any calls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 75Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,571 Posts
    I cant even begin to fathom what might be going through this person's head.
    A train of bad thoughts.

I bet I'm going to hell for that one.

I actually witnessed someone jump in front of a train a couple of years ago. It's a really numbing experience to see someone end their own life, even if you don't know them at all. Funny thing at that moment was that while everyone was going hysterical, screaming and crying, all I could think was "I'm going to miss my train". Sans expletives. I felt nothing at all, just apathy. Then when I went to bed that evening I just got the shakes. I couldn't sleep for a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Zing x 14Friendly x 7Dumb x 6Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,674 Posts
    A train of bad thoughts.

I bet I'm going to hell for that one.

I actually witnessed someone jump in front of a train a couple of years ago. It's a really numbing experience to see someone end their own life, even if you don't know them at all. Funny thing at that moment was that while everyone was going hysterical, screaming and crying, all I could think was "I'm going to miss my train". Sans expletives. I felt nothing at all, just apathy. Then when I went to bed that evening I just got the shakes. I couldn't sleep for a week.
    To be honest jumping in front of a train is really inconsiderate thing to do. If you're gonna kill yourself don't, 1) potentially mentally traumatise (or even mentally scar for life) up to dozens of random people who have to watch you partake in your selfish act (not to mention the fucking train driver himself who's most likely going to blame himself), and 2) ruin everybody's fucking day by making them miss their train to their job/uni/school, whatever.

I mean I'd be pissed off if I missed a really useful lecture at uni that would have helped me greatly in future assignments/an exam or something because some wanker decided to off himself in such a dickish way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 45Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    To be honest jumping in front of a train is really inconsiderate thing to do. If you're gonna kill yourself don't, 1) potentially mentally traumatise (or even mentally scar for life) up to dozens of random people who have to watch you partake in your selfish act (not to mention the fucking train driver himself who's most likely going to blame himself), and 2) ruin everybody's fucking day by making them miss their train to their job/uni/school, whatever.

I mean I'd be pissed off if I missed a really useful lecture at uni that would have helped me greatly in future assignments/an exam or something because some wanker decided to off himself in such a dickish way.
    Suicide is in no way selfish.
    Jumping in front of a train is another thing, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 39Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2010
    6,411 Posts
    Suicide is in no way selfish.
    Jumping in front of a train is another thing, though
    Which is what he said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    Which is what he said.
    Uh no

up to dozens of random people who have to watch you partake in your selfish act
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts
    What a selfish asshole to go and kill himself, he has a son and a wife who loved him very much and he just went and ended his life. Did he not think about how they would feel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,381 Posts
    Considering that there is a video of him doing it, he was doing it as an act of attention to himself, and therefore is considered selfish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2010
    871 Posts
    What a selfish asshole to go and kill himself, he has a son and a wife who loved him very much and he just went and ended his life. Did he not think about how they would feel?
    Read the article next time.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,674 Posts
    It IS selfish. I mean if you're entirely hell bent on doing it, at least do it somewhere private where you're not going to traumatise too many people (other than whoever finds you and whoever loves and cares about you), and make sure to do it in a way that's also not traumatising either (nobody needs to walk in on their husband/wife with half of their head gone and a shotgun in what used to be their mouth - just OD or something slightly less horrific).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts
    Read the article next time.
    He jumped in front of the train and had a wife and son. Are you stupid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    Because expecting someone in a screwed up enough mental state to commit suicide to rationally think about others' emotions is entirely reasonable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    It IS selfish. I mean if you're entirely hell bent on doing it, at least do it somewhere private where you're not going to traumatise too many people (other than whoever finds you and whoever loves and cares about you), and make sure to do it in a way that's also not traumatising either (nobody needs to walk in on their husband/wife with half of their head gone and a shotgun in what used to be their mouth - just OD or something slightly less horrific).
    Yeah, like I said, committing suicide in a very public manner is quite selfish I would say.

But suicide itself is not selfish in at all, because it is more selfish to ask a person to continue living for your own mental stability. Just so that you wont feel a little sad for a couple of weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,123 Posts
    Considering that there is a video of him doing it, he was doing it as an act of attention to himself, and therefore is considered selfish.
    I dont think he was expecting anyone to post a video of him online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts
    Because expecting someone in a screwed up enough mental state to commit suicide to rationally think about others' emotions is entirely reasonable.
    So you're saying everyone who is suicidal isn't going to think about other people's emotions? Clearly wrong there. Many people have thought about suicide but have stopped because they have a family or another reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,895 Posts
    im pretty sure that if your life sucks enough to drive you the point of suicide, you don't give a shit about where you do it, just as long as it gets done
    i figure that you'd have to be on an adrenaline rush or something to have the balls to end your own life anyhow, so it'd have to be on impulse in a way

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,524 Posts
    My mom used to live real close to the train tracks. One night, she was woken up by the blaring of a dozen or so sirens, so she decided to look outside and see what was up, only to see blood and guts everywhere.

I also just remembered I could've seen someone jump in front of a train too had it not been for the simple fact that I decided to not wait for the train when it passed.

23. Post #23
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,431 Posts
    My best friend committed suicide 2 years ago in july, 2 weeks from now actually. I still think it was an incredibly selfish act and if i could speak to him for 5 minutes now to tell him how i felt i would let him know how fucking stupid and insanely selfish he is for doing such a thing. Honestly, the only time i think something like suicide is remotely okay is when you're in a literally helpless state. For example, if you're completely paralyzed and can't do anything except move your eyes and not even speak. In a case like that, euthanasia i believe is okay. But if you're an entirely capable middle aged man who has a family and aren't disabled in any way or in a dire situation of some sort then it's probably the most selfish thing a human could do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,953 Posts
    But suicide itself is not selfish in at all, because it is more selfish to ask a person to continue living for your own mental stability. Just so that you wont feel a little sad for a couple of weeks.
    Suicide is entirely selfish.

Don't get me wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and it is completely your decision to make, but in virtually all cases, you're doing it entirely for yourself. It is exactly the most selfish thing you can do.

Selfishness is placing concern with oneself or one's own interests above the well-being or interests of others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,041 Posts

Sure did happen to me yesterday.

I was stuck for 2 and a half hour, one day earlier and I had failed my last exam.

26. Post #26
    October 2007
    174 Posts

Listen up kids! It's alright to kill yourself as long as you don't inconvenience anyone else in the act!
    Because that's such a dickish thing to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    So suicide is basically the definition of selfish? Interesting fact.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,524 Posts
    funny because I'm sure that mass suicide that happened wasn't an act of selfishness

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,953 Posts
    funny because I'm sure that mass suicide that happened wasn't an act of selfishness
    Which are you talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,039 Posts
    So suicide is basically the definition of selfish? Interesting fact.
    But not in a negative way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,426 Posts
    I remember we had a suicide incident at a school near me some years ago. A student was at the school in the evening, called his dad and said he was going to hang himself, and told him where he would be. Imagine having to go there as a father, rushing to the school and going into an dark, empty gymnastics hall and see your dead son hanging from the ceiling.

I fucking hated that kid ever since. Seriously. I know that's probably horrible, but I can't for one second sympathize with someone who did that to their parents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    Suicide is entirely selfish.

Don't get me wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and it is completely your decision to make, but in virtually all cases, you're doing it entirely for yourself. It is exactly the most selfish thing you can do.
    Like I said,

it is more selfish to ask a person to continue living for your own mental stability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2010
    170 Posts
    Sorry, but I think that suicide is a very selfish act. Selfishness is doing something with only yourself in mind. Killing yourself because of the situation you are in despite how everyone else you know feels about it is pretty much that. I understand it is selfish to ask someone to keep living for your sake, but I think it's a bit larger to kill yourself despite how everyone feels.

Also, my friend killed himself about a year ago from jumping in front of a train, and I'm still trying to get over it. I dare say it does more than make you sad for a couple of weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    One of my friends fathers works at a train station, and I've heard that most train drivers quit after this happens and never go back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,953 Posts
    Like I said,
    That does not diminish the selfishness of suicide.

36. Post #36
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,440 Posts
    I honestly feel bad for the train driver, what a horrible thing to experience for him..

37. Post #37
    October 2007
    543 Posts
    -snip- I'm an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    Man if I saw a dude get hit by a train I'd just nope the fuck out of the area and try to clear my head
    I certainly wouldn't put it where all my friends could see it too

39. Post #39
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    That does not diminish the selfishness of suicide.
    Suicide isn't an act of selfishness. It is an act of desperation.

You cannot expect people to live for the sake of others - if they don't want to. And no, that isn't the definition of selfishness. Selfishness is basically caring only for yourself; being concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others. This does not apply to suicide because guess what, the victim cannot care for his or her own benefits and welfare. They gain nothing by offing themselves. They're dead.

The statement "suicide is selfish" is not only morally retarded but also wrong by definition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    ohboyherewego.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)