1. Post #81
    August 2009
    2,086 Posts
    So...that site is trying to sell everyones stuff?

2. Post #82
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    I think you guys are getting a little confused. The unusuals on the warehouse are consigned, they weren't sold to the warehouse (however they were actually traded to the bots) they were put on there by people and those same people are also selling them on SourceOP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    God damnit
    I had 500 credits on there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #84
    March 2012
    78 Posts
    New information:

There were aproximatdly 40.000 dollars on that site(you read it right)

These guys just stole 40K from tf2....I feel sorry to whoever had more than 10K credits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

5. Post #85
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    New information:

There were aproximatdly 40.000 dollars on that site(you read it right)

These guys just stole 40K from tf2....I feel sorry to whoever had more than 10K credits
    How'd you calculate it into dollars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    March 2012
    78 Posts
    How'd you calculate it into dollars?
    There's a site for that,someone in the trade just checked all the bots and summed it all up.
    Here's the site,btw:

http://backpack.tf/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    November 2010
    1,429 Posts
    Hopefully they get them unbanned.

Edited:

There's a site for that,someone in the trade just checked all the bots and summed it all up.
    Here's the site,btw:

http://backpack.tf/
    I looked at my backpack on my site, and I didn't know that my strange flaregun is 1.67 refined metal!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,232 Posts
    I read that on a 4chan thread last night,and they brought up some really interesting facts:

-Hats already moved to other accounts
    -Were being sold on SourceOP for Money
    -Forums going crazy
    -Mods deleting stuff like that on sight
    How in the hell would it be possible to move the hats when they're already trade banned? Going to agree with Benlecyborg on this one. I'd also like to see screenshots of the trade threads too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,070 Posts
    How in the hell would it be possible to move the hats when they're already trade banned? Going to agree with Benlecyborg on this one. I'd also like to see screenshots of the trade threads too.
    Apparently they weren't trade banned and the mods only pretended they were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    February 2008
    3,460 Posts
    Is it really a surprise that the people running TF2WH decided to cut and run?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #91
    April 2011
    274 Posts
    Does anyone have a source for WH running with the money?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #92
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Wait.. so all my 237,000 credits are gone?!

I sure hope not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    well this took an interesting turn.

I'll being staying tuned to see how this turns out. I don't even use the WH, but this could be interesting to watch melt down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #94
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    well this took an interesting turn.

I'll being staying tuned to see how this turns out. I don't even use the WH, but this could be interesting to watch melt down
    If all of this is true, Valve shouldn't do nothing. Valve won't do nothing as this would be a big assed scam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,155 Posts
    I didn't even know this place but to me it's quite clear why Valve trade banned the bots. Just read what Yanis was hired for: to analyze the TF2 economy. TF2 is a barter economy, and Valve had all the data. Now this website was maintaining their own version of the TF2 economy and influenced the main one, even adding a currency in the form of credits. This means that Valve no longer had all the data of how the economy was running. And thus they're forcefully excluding it from the TF2 economy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,070 Posts
    First we need a better source, then we all e-mail Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    I didn't even know this place but to me it's quite clear why Valve trade banned the bots. Just read what Yanis was hired for: to analyze the TF2 economy. TF2 is a barter economy, and Valve had all the data. Now this website was maintaining their own version of the TF2 economy and influenced the main one, even adding a currency in the form of credits. This means that Valve no longer had all the data of how the economy was running. And thus they're forcefully excluding it from the TF2 economy.
    Tinfoil hat much? He was hired to analyze the economy, not control it. TF2WH influencing the economy is no reason to shut it down, that's just stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,155 Posts
    Tinfoil hat much? He was hired to analyze the economy, not control it. TF2WH influencing the economy is no reason to shut it down, that's just stupid.
    They don't have any sight on TF2WH's currency and how it flows through the system. They would have an incomplete dataset. And that was the thing that made analysing a virtual economy so exciting: they had all the numbers. Otherwise you'll just end up like the real world where economists can only guess.

19. Post #99
    November 2010
    283 Posts
    If the admins are commencing a massive fuck-over of everyone who sold things and consigned things, valve won't do shit except maybe ban them. Even though you traded to a bot, you still accepted. That's their excuse every time. I remember when the inventories were bugged and someone scammed me for "lvl 0" items

Even though valve fucked up, they initially would not return my items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    August 2011
    274 Posts
    If all this shady stuff is really going on, will TF2WH have a liquidation after they get the bots back online?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Aren't the people behind TF2WH responsible for a very trustworthy WoW system that works just like this one does?

I don't think they'd just run off with the stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,232 Posts
    First we need a better source, then we all e-mail Valve.
    Agreed. If we get a confirmed source that the admins are trying to run, then I'll put my tinfoil hat on.

Edited:

Aren't the people behind TF2WH responsible for a very trustworthy WoW system that works just like this one does?

I don't think they'd just run off with the stuff.
    Yeah, they've also got that and the WOM Minecraft Classic client.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,077 Posts
    lol. Do you guys really think that they're stupid enough to think that they can get away with this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    May 2011
    519 Posts
    lol. Do you guys really think that they're stupid enough to think that they can get away with this?
    Shhh, don't stop the drama.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,855 Posts
    They would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling Valves and their stupid Yanis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    They don't have any sight on TF2WH's currency and how it flows through the system. They would have an incomplete dataset. And that was the thing that made analysing a virtual economy so exciting: they had all the numbers. Otherwise you'll just end up like the real world where economists can only guess.
    So you're saying Valve shut down TF2WH because they had no way of collecting "data" about the economy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,998 Posts
    this is valve we're talking about.
    they wouldn't randomly take down a site as popular as tf2wh just so they could observe the tf2conomy better; if they really wanted data that bad they'd ask first because valve is cool like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    If the admins are commencing a massive fuck-over of everyone who sold things and consigned things, valve won't do shit except maybe ban them. Even though you traded to a bot, you still accepted. That's their excuse every time. I remember when the inventories were bugged and someone scammed me for "lvl 0" items

Even though valve fucked up, they initially would not return my items.
    The people at support seem to suffer from erratic mood swings. People like you can get scammed and get nothing and some people who were at fault themselves get expensive glitched items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #109
    June 2010
    6,193 Posts
    this is valve we're talking about.
    they wouldn't randomly take down a site as popular as tf2wh just so they could observe the tf2conomy better; if they really wanted data that bad they'd ask first because valve is cool like that
    I dunno, they can be pretty strict when people mess with their systems. Remember the Golden Wrench days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    I dunno, they can be pretty strict when people mess with their systems. Remember the Golden Wrench days?
    Running a bot that does trades is hardly on the level of running a script to craft an item on the exact second a golden wrench drops...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #111

December 2011
    401 Posts
    It's not even monday. Valve isn't even at work.

They were probably autobanned cause of theDirector hijack and a lot of items circulated through TF2WH bots.

So, sadly we'd all suffer because of "Standard procedures" (Aka Fuck dem all, let's make some progress and then unban via support ticket act) of Valve.

Or you can go with the crazy conspiracy theories and listen to /v/. Which by the way, is 10/10 effort.

Oh, and a little tidbit they've already made progress with some "new" features like "WHX". This was posted June 24th. I'm pretty sure if they were going to become even stronger force by going the bitcoin route of things. I'm pretty sure, that they were just tagged with a investigation tag, which doesn't actually pop up on their respective profiles.

Meanwhile, these guys have taken care off other business related things in the past, also am I the only one that finds it funny that the team behind this is from Australia?

Heh, get it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    282 Posts
    Apparently their trade bots got put on fraudulent activity alert (which doesn't show up publicly) as soon as they announced they were going to let you buy and sell warehouse credits for bitcoins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Apparently their trade bots got put on fraudulent activity alert (which doesn't show up publicly) as soon as they announced they were going to let you buy and sell warehouse credits for bitcoins.
    Well, they were given the alert on friday. No one checked it out and they contacted their rep, but he wasn't there anymore, cause he was having a break or went home. So 'eh the alert was probably an auto mark which happens in most cases when big hijackings occur.

If that was the case, I'd pretty sure Valve would give them a C&D on that service and not screw up EVERYONE who were using their services (aka the Warehouse itself)

And Saturday and Sunday nothing happened, because well no one works on Saturday and Sunday. So 'eh I'd wait for Monday and see if anything will happen.

None of the accounts have been online in the past 24 hours.

34. Post #114

December 2010
    177 Posts
    Well, they were given the alert on friday. No one checked it out and they contacted their rep, but he wasn't there anymore, cause he was having a break or went home. So 'eh the alert was probably an auto mark which happens in most cases when big hijackings occur.

If that was the case, I'd pretty sure Valve would give them a C&D on that service and not screw up EVERYONE who were using their services (aka the Warehouse itself)

And Saturday and Sunday nothing happened, because well no one works on Saturday and Sunday. So 'eh I'd wait for Monday and see if anything will happen.

None of the accounts have been online in the past 24 hours.
    [tinfoil]You don't need to be online in Steam Friends to trade out valuable unusuals to other accounts to unload them on other traders for cash.[/tinfoil]

35. Post #115

December 2011
    401 Posts
    [tinfoil]You don't need to be online in Steam Friends to trade out valuable unusuals to other accounts to unload them on other traders for cash.[/tinfoil]
    [tinfoil]but what about chemtrails?[/tinfoil]

36. Post #116
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    Wow thank god I only had 300 credits. It's really too bad they got trade banned. I really hate dealing with players when it comes to trading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #117

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Wow thank god I only had 300 credits. It's really too bad they got trade banned. I really hate dealing with players when it comes to trading.
    [tinfoil]What if you're not really trading with players, but with demons?[/tinfoil]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    June 2011
    747 Posts
    From now on, I will only accept payments in Runescape gold.
    Clearly, all other currencies are doomed to fail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    August 2011
    226 Posts
    If it wasn't for the fact that it's actually the users with credits that are getting screwed, I'd be glad they get banned.

Why? First because that website allows people with stolen items (account stolen/scam) to quicksell them quickly.
    Secondly because everytime I went on that website it felt like a scam:
    - Paying premium.
    - Fees.
    - Additional fees for everything (want to buy a specific item ? Want to sell an item while X have amready been sold ? Better be ready to pay more).
    - Adds.

I can understand that they need financial help to run the service, but really, that's a lot of help they are asking for.

/opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #120

December 2011
    401 Posts
    I don't care what happens to them afterwards as long as I can spend my credits NOW

/thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)