1. Post #121
    January 2012
    689 Posts
    I got the torrent version to prepare.

I'm progressing nicely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,459 Posts
    Torrent doesn't even work for me. When I try to load a map it tells me that it can't verify my ownership.

I ran it with -nosteam and everything like it said to AND I exited Steam while doing so. But the damn thing still wants to open Steam everytime I open the program anyways...

I guess I will just wait to receive an official copy of a piece of software that's in closed beta for no good reason to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #123

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,275 Posts

Success! Woke up to seeing him in my friends list, tomorrow I am going to ask him about getting in to the Source Film Maker beta, along with a couple of questions of what it's like to work at Valve and so on.
    Have fun with that. He's a jerk if you disagree with him on even the smallest things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Why would you reveal to everyone you're downloading a torrent. Just download it, and get it over with. No need to post it on a public website.
    Have you not been following this whole forum? He's been complaining about not having it since it got announced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #126

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #127
    February 2009
    552 Posts
    I tried the old SFM about two years ago. Didn't render anything (I had a shoddy 64 mb GPU laptop), but I had fun changing the bones into weird shapes.

My entire experience with it was a crash-fest, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #128

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    -snip-

9. Post #129
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    Fuck it, i'll use the torrent copy.

Edited:

38%
    I'm going to have fun messing with the torrent version.
    Torrent finished downloading.
    Seems like the files are ready. Time to test it!
    Watch out. That can get you banned right quick around here.

Oh wow, you already snipped the posts that could get you banned. You learn quick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,157 Posts
    QTCF.dll is gone

fuck

Edited:

Oh, still works. damn
    I don't think you understand.

NOBODY HERE CARES THAT YOU'RE IMPATIENT ENOUGH TO TORRENT THE SFM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

11. Post #131
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    I tried the old SFM about two years ago. Didn't render anything (I had a shoddy 64 mb GPU laptop), but I had fun changing the bones into weird shapes.

My entire experience with it was a crash-fest, though.
    This be true. I started up a 3-year old version earlier in an attempt to create something to prove to Valve my incredible Filmmaking skills.

Jesus Christ, I forgot how much of a pain in the ass that thing was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #132
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    You're just mad that you're too much of a pussy to "pirate" a free program.

You still aren't supposed to have access to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,415 Posts

Success! Woke up to seeing him in my friends list, tomorrow I am going to ask him about getting in to the Source Film Maker beta, along with a couple of questions of what it's like to work at Valve and so on.
    Please don't ask him for a key, he gets HAMMERED with that question 24/7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,782 Posts
    Have fun with that. He's a jerk if you disagree with him on even the smallest things.
    Explain more in depth, so that way I can prepare my anus, I also have experience with dealing with people like that, also known as nearly everyone in Arizona.

Just saw Game Dev's post and I have to agree on him about that, I don't want to come off a douche and I'm more curious about why he accepted the invite. My father had also applied for a job at Valve, but I'm too afraid to ask him about that as I'm afraid it will ruin his chances and I will come off as that woman who made a song just to get in but still failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,922 Posts
    God that wait for CS:GO was terrible and then when I finally got it, IT FREAKING SUCKED.

I got an invite to the GS:GO beta while back. I was like. Oh, guess I'll check it out. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference other than some new maps weapons, gungame, and better graphics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,611 Posts
    Thanks for letting us know!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #137

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    Yea, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #138
    February 2010
    12,415 Posts
    Yea, thanks.
    Well now that we know you're impatient and annoying, we can't wait to see what incredible films you have to offer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,782 Posts
    Well now that we know you're impatient and annoying, we can't wait to see what incredible films you have to offer.
    Lens flares and explosions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Hey, I torrented it. I don't give a shit.

Personally? I'm enjoying the SHIT out of this, and already uploading some cool shit.

Honest to god people are biased towards Valve, both good and bad. "Valve is always good to their customers1!!Eleven" and/or "You can steal from anyone else but not valve you flaming anus".

Those are just examples and I don't really agree with them but it happens.

And this is coming from a Valve fan-boy.

So quit beratin' and start filmin' (and/or make' lovin').

I'll have some videos of my own up tommorow.

(User was banned for this post ("Warez" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    February 2010
    12,415 Posts
    Why do people think they're immune to warez bans in the SFM section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,459 Posts
    Why do people think they're immune to warez bans in the SFM section
    Pretty sure Warez isn't classified as "leaked" betas of things. Look what happened with DX:HR and the precedent that it set.

Edited:

And to be honest, there is absolutely NO reason this should even be in closed beta to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,782 Posts
    It's a closed for a reason so that they can gather hardware data so they can make it run more efficiently and other types of things related to that.

Just be patient for once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

24. Post #144
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,765 Posts

I did get a key off him but I didn't run up to him demanding for one, you won't get one if you do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,782 Posts
    I did get a key off him but I didn't run up to him demanding for one, you won't get one if you do.
    I'm probably just going to ask him the questions and post the logs in the I Emailed somebody at valve thread.

26. Post #146
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,765 Posts

Personally? I'm enjoying the SHIT out of this, and already uploading some cool shit.

Honest to god people are biased towards Valve, both good and bad. "Valve is always good to their customers1!!Eleven" and/or "You can steal from anyone else but not valve you flaming anus".

Those are just examples and I don't really agree with them but it happens.

And this is coming from a Valve fan-boy.

So quit beratin' and start filmin' (and/or make' lovin').

I'll have some videos of my own up tommorow.
    Can everyone who pirated it PLEASE shut the fuck up, we don't care if you were impatient enough to go out of your way and find a torrent. It was a waste of time anyway because when it is officially released or if you get a key out of the blue you would of wasted your time pirating it and now you gotta redownload the whole thing.

Not worth it IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    December 2010
    394 Posts
    Torrenting it ruins the excitement/fun of getting it. I'd rather just anticipate getting it and earn it like everyone else. And if I'm let down and don't get in the closed beta, oh well. Just be patient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    If anything, use the time to, again, plan out your video ideas. At least have a general idea of what you're doing and any assets you need so that, when you do get into it, you have a pretty clear idea of what you're making.

I guess that could go for anyone making serious OR silly videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

29. Post #149
    May 2011
    59 Posts
    It is very tempting to torrent, but I'm going to wait until Monday when another batch of keys go out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    May 2012
    60 Posts

Added him when he was offline, and when he came online I tried to take the moment to take him off and re-add him so the pop-up appears at the bottom right. And this is what happens.

Does anyone know when this wears off? It's been about a day and it has still been saying this, I know it is probably some thing Steam added in to avoid people spamming in requests to people, but does this mean I'm automatically blocked?

I was going to ask him multiple questions about the SFM and what different options it has, and also ask if I can take a chance in the beta myself.

Edit:

Alright, I fixed it by blocking him myself and unblocking him, it's fine now. c:

Wait, what could you even disagree with him on? Also, I thought the guy is a bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

31. Post #151
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    Spiraloid is a huge bro that dealt with my barrage of questions and told me when EP3 is gonna be released.

No really. He said "banana" so I said "Banana has 3 a's so EP3 is coming out in banana harvesting season."

He then said crabapples and went away :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #152
    May 2012
    60 Posts
    Spiraloid is a huge bro that dealt with my barrage of questions and told me when EP3 is gonna be released.

No really. He said "banana" so I said "Banana has 3 a's so EP3 is coming out in banana harvesting season."

He then said crabapples and went away :/
    Whenever you ask him questions in a message does he get to you in seconds or is he really avoiding in terms of when or what he responds to?

He hasn't accepted my request yet and I'm going to ask him a few basic questions about SFM that someone who doesn't have it wouldn't be able to know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #153
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    Whenever you ask him questions in a message does he get to you in seconds or is he really avoiding in terms of when or what he responds to?
    He takes a little bit to answer but he did answer every question eventually. it took maybe 15 seconds before I got an answer.

EDIT: I only asked him about Valve though, I never asked about SFM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    May 2012
    60 Posts
    He takes a little bit to answer but he did answer every question eventually. it took maybe 15 seconds before I got an answer.

EDIT: I only asked him about Valve though, I never asked about SFM
    I'm just wondering if he has access to the keys while he's working at home, I'm going to take my chance to ask him questions about SFM then a request for an SFM beta but if he doesn't have access to the keys, it's going to be hella awkward.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,382 Posts
    Can everyone who pirated it PLEASE shut the fuck up, we don't care if you were impatient enough to go out of your way and find a torrent. It was a waste of time anyway because when it is officially released or if you get a key out of the blue you would of wasted your time pirating it and now you gotta redownload the whole thing.

Not worth it IMO
    Wrong.

All the files for SFM are stored in the steamapps/common, and not in a GCF from what I've seen. So technically, we can just cut&paste all of the files in if we do end up getting a key, or for when SFM is open to everyone - and then we don't have to redownload anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    I'm just wondering if he has access to the keys while he's working at home, I'm going to take my chance to ask him questions about SFM then a request for an SFM beta but if he doesn't have access to the keys, it's going to be hella awkward.
    I haven't asked him about key, but I'm fairly sure he doesn't have access to them at home.

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    378 Posts
    Did we find out why the empty sourcefilmmaker folder randomly appears in steamapps/common folder?

Because it just happened to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

38. Post #158
    May 2012
    60 Posts
    I haven't asked him about key, but I'm fairly sure he doesn't have access to them at home.
    Well hopefully he's prepared for a shitstorm on Monday.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,032 Posts
    Here's just one more quote from the chat before I stop. (above)

Fource Milm Saker

Oh god i'm laughing.
    hi?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #160
    June 2012
    4 Posts

YESSSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)