1. Post #1
    March 2010
    410 Posts
    Grabbed some a vista disc and popped it in then downloaded win7, what I didnt know is I cant just change up to win7 ultimate x64.

So now as im using win x32 im only reading 2gigs of ram out of my 16gigs

is there anyway to do this or is it just less trouble to back everything up and ferry it onto my other computer and format

2. Post #2
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,881 Posts
    less trouble to back everything up and ferry it onto my other computer and format
    This is the only option, it's not really possible to change architecture just by upgrading.

So back up everything up and put it on another external drive and then format.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,727 Posts
    You can install 32 bit twice so it makes 64 bit.

Reinstall is the only option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2010
    4,497 Posts
    You can install 32 bit twice so it makes 64 bit.

Reinstall is the only option.
    I remember when my friend said that, he was dead serious too, I nearly punched him and yes back up your files and reinstall, if there's a way to go from 32 to 64bit without formatting I don't know about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,935 Posts
    I remember when my friend said that, he was dead serious too, I nearly punched him and yes back up your files and reinstall, if there's a way to go from 32 to 64bit without formatting I don't know about it.
    There is but it's not worth the effort, back up and reinstall, would only take a half hour max