1. Post #3201
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,770 Posts
    shame on the invoker who doesn't spend the one point in wex for ghost-walk!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3202
    June 2011
    379 Posts
    just turned around a game as enigma :v were down by 10 kills the first 10 minutes because 2 of our guys didnt even know how to shop, (just turned lvl2). Then blink, E, R, gg.

Definitely my favourite hero atm, just need to improve on controlling my minions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

3. Post #3203
    June 2012
    532 Posts
    I hate how they put phase boots as reccomended items. Those were always the worst pick-ups on pudge.

Power Treads is the way to go since you get lots more health, damage, and you can reduce mana used with the intelligence option on the boots. Phase's are really stupid and only good for late game when you can spam rot and chase all day long with the speed boost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

4. Post #3204
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    except treads isn't the best choice either, you go boots of travel or mana boots over them.

For me it's tp boots if I'm doing well, mana boots if if I'm doing bad and can't save up those 2k, treads if I'm doing terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #3205
    June 2012
    532 Posts
    except treads isn't the best choice either, you go boots of travel or mana boots over them.

For me it's tp boots if I'm doing well, mana boots if if I'm doing bad and can't save up those 2k, treads if I'm doing terrible
    You save the mana problem with the treads though. At least long enough to get a power booster (thats what I do) to sustain your mana better. Plus, you should have bottle pretty damn soon since you'll probably be mid anywho.

And yes, boots of travel give pudge crazy mobility but thats for like late game, when you have made up the strength and what not to where you don't have to worry about losing what you get from PT's.

6. Post #3206
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts
    Power threads its pretty good if you got a bottle(which u mostly do with a pudge) and u know tread switching.

Arcane are really good tho It helps the team and eliminates your mana problems.

Edit;

I read that MTW picked Razor in a pro game today or something, goes anyone know if there is a VOD from that game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Guatemala Show Events

7. Post #3207
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts
    Today I realised you could build power treads with a robe of the magi
    I feel so retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #3208
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,197 Posts
    Today I realised you could build power treads with a robe of the magi
    I feel so retarded
    Doesnt it work with the Elvenkin boots too?
    (Any of the 450g attribute items)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #3209
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts
    I read that MTW picked Razor in a pro game today or something, goes anyone know if there is a VOD from that game?
    I must watch the replay, razor is one of my favourite heroes

Doesnt it work with the Elvenkin boots too?
    (Any of the 450g attribute items)
    I think so, I was a bit surprised when I got a robe to make drum and then the boots appeared on my inventory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

10. Post #3210
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,072 Posts
    it does, its just default to the belt in the shop, which is the one I normally get anyways for the health in-lane (since you can get everything you need for treads in the side shop)

11. Post #3211
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,958 Posts
    death prophet has the best + coolest accent qtiyd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3212
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,770 Posts
    Does the active bonus on phase boots stack with Yasha/Yasha-based items?

I don't see why not, but I haven't played a character out to test it..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3213
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,871 Posts
    Last screenshot.

Pudge is far easier than I imagined, even if we were against not so good people. Might be because I've watched him for God knows how many years so I sorta get it. Regardless, fun times. Must play more.
    I think hitboxes on Dota 2 heroes are bigger than the ones on DotA 1 heroes, so it's easier to land your hooks. I may be wrong though.

14. Post #3214
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Does the active bonus on phase boots stack with Yasha/Yasha-based items?

I don't see why not, but I haven't played a character out to test it..
    yes

15. Post #3215
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Randomed Undying and played him for the first time... so good.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/5/5a...mmy_vit_02.mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #3216
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    I hate how they put phase boots as reccomended items. Those were always the worst pick-ups on pudge.

Power Treads is the way to go since you get lots more health, damage, and you can reduce mana used with the intelligence option on the boots. Phase's are really stupid and only good for late game when you can spam rot and chase all day long with the speed boost.
    I think you got that backwards, phase boots are great early game for rotting between cooldowns on your other skills when people drop from being in it really quickly. It sounds like you play too cautiously with a very position-dependent hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #3217
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    Randomed Leshrack, oh my god can he GANK in the beginning parts of the game.

18. Post #3218
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,119 Posts
    Randomed Leshrack, oh my god can he GANK in the beginning parts of the game.
    I love when people try to fight against Edict in the early game
    NEVER BET AGAINST EDICT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3219
    June 2012
    532 Posts
    I think you got that backwards, phase boots are great early game for rotting between cooldowns on your other skills when people drop from being in it really quickly. It sounds like you play too cautiously with a very position-dependent hero.
    I don't like to die :<

20. Post #3220
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Power threads its pretty good if you got a bottle(which u mostly do with a pudge) and u know tread switching.
    what more is there to know besides changing from str to int when low mana and roaming?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #3221
    Nyan~:3
    December 2009
    5,575 Posts
    What the fuck was my team doing. Stomped botlane ridiculously hard, and AM rushes vanguard while BH gets vlads.

Never ever dota after midnight again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #3222
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    anyway ah, what is more nice than necrolyte after u get bloodstone+mek at around 30min (yes a bit slow farm and start didn't go that well, died a couple of times supporting PA and shit)

Some douche on our team told me to leave after which i got the farm and started spamming healing pulse 24/7 and went Godlike with a lot of nice Necrolyte ults, pulse-positioning, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #3223
    July 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Oh my god kotl is so much fun its unfair.

Spamming my Q getting cash money I ain't even playing no mo

come at me drow y'all cant touch this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #3224
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts

I had a enemy play kotl.

traveler boots in 10 mins, scared in 15, next you know he has a radiance

needless to say we got stomped

hard

25. Post #3225

June 2012
    117 Posts
    I love it when people think they're safe under their towers.

Me:GO MY HORSES! GO!

Them:Lol. He shot wind at us? What a scrub.

*FIRST BLOOD*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #3226
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,770 Posts
    I had a enemy play kotl.

traveler boots in 10 mins, scared in 15, next you know he has a radiance

needless to say we got stomped

hard
    he's p damn effective. It really isn't that hard to get the full 5 seconds off without his ultimate..

Best support hero in the game? Fair to say?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3227
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,197 Posts
    He'd be the best support if he didn't get all the carries' kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

28. Post #3228
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,749 Posts

I have to keep myself from spamming illuminate if I lane with a carry, thats why I always try to lane with someone who isn't farm dependant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

29. Post #3229
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,708 Posts
    So what heroes is Aghanim's Scepter completely useless on, and what heroes is it absolutely necessary for?

30. Post #3230
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    Oh my god, I played Dark Seer and I was sticking by my team's Sank King the entire game... We killed the entire enemy team on our own every time. The Dark Seer's speed ability lets the Sand King have the ability to run your ass down anytime, anywhere, and there's no stun that can save you.

Edited:

Best combo ever.

Edited:

So what heroes is Aghanim's Scepter completely useless on, and what heroes is it absolutely necessary for?
    Dark Seer is necessary, and I've yet to see a useless one. Then again, I always play Agile or Intelligent characters.

31. Post #3231
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,428 Posts
    Pretty sure its near useless on lion and lina.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,072 Posts
    I dont think its worth it on faceless void personally
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3233
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    It's good on Night Stalker, 1800 unobstructed vision might as well be a maphack

It's also good on Brewmaster, making his Brewlings really damn powerful and increasing the duration a bit.

It's pretty bad on Doom, as it gives little damage for the cost, and like 1 extra second.

34. Post #3234
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts
    On Clockwork its the best item you can get,
    On Nightstalker its really good,
    Brewmaster is another one in which its great ,
    On Gyro its sooo good if farmed early,
    Jakiro gets such a nice buff from Agh,
    Viper, QoP, Huskar, Chen, Invoker and Pugna get a nice cooldown decrease from it(In the case of Pugna it makes it 0!),
    Visage's extra familiar, Meepos extra meepo and Warlocks extra Golem are great,
    Enchantress increase of attack-range from Agh its nice,
    Ogre Magis extra fireblast its also neat.
    Tinys cleave and siege its glorious.
    Beastmasters extra ulti range its nice.
    Earthshakers double eco its very nice(if you ever manage to farm it lol)
    Sand Kings extra pulse and decrease on cooldown are nice(after you got Veil)
    If you got your Stygian and AC on Razor and you wanna go full fuck-your-armor, get Aghs.
    Witch Doctor and Pudge ONLY if you are sure you can pull off your entire ulti.

Heroes in which its USELESS or REALLY REALLY situational: Furion, Zeus, Lina, Lion, Bane, Necrolyte(debatable), Dazzle, Outworld Destroyer, Shadow Shaman, Puck, Crystal Maiden, Luna, Faceless Void(Situational, borderline useless), Juggernaut (Only good after you got ALL your other luxury items), Undying, Doombringer, Axe and Spiritbreaker(You will never have enough mana to spam it), Venomancer(get veil instead or other support items), Vengeful Spirit and Windrunner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Guatemala Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,309 Posts
    i wouldn't say its really really situational for furion, it's a good purchase in many lineups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #3236
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,119 Posts
    God fucking dammit last game I bought a BKB basically purely against DP and then realized her ult was physical
    Professional dota
    The worst part is DP is one of my most played heroes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #3237
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Heroes in which its USELESS or REALLY REALLY situational: Axe
    this is a joke right
    youre joking
    rated funny for good jokes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #3238
    June 2012
    532 Posts
    I'm not sure exactly how Agh's is a bad pick-up on Lion and Lina. The cooldown is like 60 seconds for a 1000+ damage nuke. You walk in, use it on the biggest baddest son of a bitch and then he gets taken down because he's probably at 2/3 health at that point. The stat boost is well needed on both of them in my opinion, however, I guess I can see where people are coming from. "Better itemz 4 prise" yeah maybe, but those two shouldn't be getting too much farm so gradually spending 1k for some stats as you go is better than saving the whole game and risk getting nothing.

39. Post #3239
    January 2011
    115 Posts
    Aghanim's really isn't that great on Warlock, honestly if you really want to golems just get a refresher. Since it gives you two stuns as well as two golems and it doesn't make your golems any weaker. Also Aghanim's on Veno is decent, the cooldown reduction is pretty great, and the damage boost is pretty nice. I'd say get it after veil though since his ult does almost as much damage with veil as it does with aghanim's.

40. Post #3240
    June 2012
    532 Posts
    Aghanim's really isn't that great on Warlock, honestly if you really want to golems just get a refresher. Since it gives you two stuns as well as two golems and it doesn't make your golems any weaker. Also Aghanim's on Veno is decent, the cooldown reduction is pretty great, and the damage boost is pretty nice. I'd say get it after veil though since his ult does almost as much damage with veil as it does with aghanim's.
    The trick is to get refresher first on Warlock so that he has 2 equal in power golems and 2 stuns. THEN you get aghs, because then you have fucking 4 and everyone will be like :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< when they see it and that is why agh's is "really great" :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)