1. Post #1601
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,014 Posts
    I have 2 questions about Dota 2 in China:

How are there professional Chinese Dota 2 teams if there's no Dota 2 in China?

and when Valve releases Dota 2 in China, will they be forced to play it through Steam also? I only ask this because I was wondering if they'll show up on the stats page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1602
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Pretty sure a lot of dota in china is centered around LAN cafes

Edited:

Also isn't there a Chinese server?

3. Post #1603

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    holy shit how does item distribution work
    Everyone(except me ) in my team abandoned the game, and 2 of them were the only ones who got items

also does reporting actually accomplish anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,626 Posts
    holy shit how does item distribution work
    Everyone(except me ) in my team abandoned the game, and 2 of them were the only ones who got items

also does reporting actually accomplish anything?
    It has nothing to do with your performance. As far as I can gather, every time you hit around 50% or 100%/level up on battle points, you get an item.

And yeah, it'll either get them sent to low priority for a while, or presumably banned from playing if whatever they were doing was bad enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #1605
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Does Radiance aura and Diffusal's mana burn transfer over to PL's illusions?
    I know Radiance aura does, that is why it's such a core item on him.

Stacking Radiance's aura with PL's illusions=tonnes of damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,626 Posts

Mana burn does too.

7. Post #1607
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts
    The aura is transferred to illusions, but it doesn't stack.

Diffusal's mana burn is the only attack modifier that works on illusions, and is why it's commonly used on Lancer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1608
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Woo more abandons due to random crashes that have never happened before this update...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

9. Post #1609
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Woo more abandons due to random crashes that have never happened before this update...
    It doesn't take that long to reconnect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1610
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    It doesn't take that long to reconnect
    You're not very smart are you?

When you crash from a multitude of things, including but not limited to: buying items, voice overs and using abilities, your 5 minute waiting time eventually runs out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1611
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,084 Posts
    i wanted to get a strange witch doctor item really bad so opened another crate and guess what i got.
    another fucking strange part. the same exact one too.
    i just want a strange witch doctor item. is that too much to ask for T-T

12. Post #1612
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    You're not very smart are you?

When you crash from a multitude of things, including but not limited to: buying items, voice overs and using abilities, your 5 minute waiting time eventually runs out.
    just reboot usually when you crash you should reboot because once shit is corrupt it won't uncorrupt itself. Or just reset steam. No need to be mad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1613
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,014 Posts
    So is anyone here in high or very high skill level matchmaking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1614
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    just reboot usually when you crash you should reboot because once shit is corrupt it won't uncorrupt itself. Or just reset steam. No need to be mad
    I had already done that thank you though, and I'm not mad at all, Breaking Bad is on :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

15. Post #1615
    October 2009
    12,681 Posts
    I am.

I think I alternate between high and very high according to my recent games.

I still get stuck with complete morons though.

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,175 Posts
    im in high i guess, thats what it tells me

17. Post #1617
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    That feel when you one shot an oncoming creep wave as templar with psi blades. The sound from the psi blades and the ching sound from all the gold is just so satisfying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Started watching Korok's VODs for some hot TA action but god, his friends are so fucking annoying
    Steamroll teams because they have a competitive stack and then usually the worst players who are just there along for the ride are trash talking all game.

19. Post #1619
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,592 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #1620
    November 2007
    646 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We don't need anymore posts about these Dragonclaw hooks. After my friend unboxed 3 in a row, I don't think they are that rare.

21. Post #1621
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    We don't need anymore posts about these Dragonclaw hooks. After my friend unboxed 3 in a row, I don't think they are that rare.
    Too bad I see people in US East 9 chatroom trying to sell them for unusual couriors

22. Post #1622
    July 2010
    4,089 Posts

Radiance aura does not stack. Overlapping auras only apply the effect once. It just exists in multiple areas of effect at once, meaning you can jungle and lane at the same time, or push two lanes.

Diffusal does carry over, and it's why that item is amazing on phantom lancer. He can drain mana considerably faster than even anti mage, and the bonus damage output is considerable. With a modest army of illusions, even level 1 diffusal is basically equivalent to an undroppable rapier + mana burn and purge.

Edited:

Too bad I see people in US East 9 chatroom trying to sell them for unusual couriors
    There's always an idiot waiting to be parted with his valuables.

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,592 Posts
    I'm just happy I got it, I didn't want a ice bow. Not saying its rare.

24. Post #1624
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,014 Posts
    Last month, I was about 100 wins from getting 1:1 W/L Ratio. Now I'm 24 wins away. ALMOST THEREEE

Damnit, I tried changing my name to Banhsupportbags, but Steam censors the word support, so it was just Banh*******bags.

25. Post #1625
    beep
    January 2006
    7,563 Posts
    why are russains the most annoying people to ever be on a team with? me and two friends joined a normal server only to get two russians on our team that kept spamming the beacon on the map 50 god damn times in the same spot to point out something was there. we would walk all the way there and it was completely empty and they would beacon back on the opposite side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #1626
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,910 Posts
    Another game lost because my fine brazilian teammates decided to not end it and instead go on their own
    how do you say "stay with the team faggot" in portuguese?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #1627
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    King of Throwing by BoT'ing in to 1v3 with a Divine coming in

get out of my way I'm trying to get the ladies

So my friend builds divine rapier on Skeleton king. I kept telling him that he would lose it and would lose the game for us that way. He builds it and helps us win the teamfight. All goes well until the team decides to 3v5 the other side and skeleton king doesn't realize he doesn't have enough mana to reincarnate.
    :>

28. Post #1628
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    So my friend builds divine rapier on Skeleton king. I kept telling him that he would lose it and would lose the game for us that way. He builds it and helps us win the teamfight. All goes well until the team decides to 3v5 the other side and skeleton king doesn't realize he doesn't have enough mana to reincarnate.

29. Post #1629
    December 2009
    629 Posts
    Losing streaks are the best when it comes to dota 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1630
    November 2008
    869 Posts
    I've been playing a lot of PL lately, and been building Quelling Blade - Poor Man's Shield( 2 slippers in the beginning and stout shield from the side shop ) for early game survivability, then usual Treads - Diffu - Radiance.
    Does the Poor Man's Shield affect illusions too and if there is, what would be a better build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

31. Post #1631
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,422 Posts
    25 wins
    39 losses

How do i stop being matched with Russians please.
    Picking 4 carries and leaving me to support is not viable ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

32. Post #1632
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,618 Posts
    I've been playing a lot of PL lately, and been building Quelling Blade - Poor Man's Shield( 2 slippers in the beginning and stout shield from the side shop ) for early game survivability, then usual Treads - Diffu - Radiance.
    Does the Poor Man's Shield affect illusions too and if there is, what would be a better build?
    You really shouldn't build Rad on PL, and I think making that Poor Man into a Vanguard would do you better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

33. Post #1633
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    530 Posts
    Illusions do not block. but still get the +6 agi from the shield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #1634
    25 wins
    39 losses

i had a russian axe earlier that built dagon 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #1635
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,007 Posts
    ugh I just lost five games in a row, fucking americans!! how do i stop being matched up with americans they are clearly the only reason for my losses, it couldn't possibly be my own play!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1636
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,938 Posts
    ugh I just lost five games in a row, fucking americans!! how do i stop being matched up with americans they are clearly the only reason for my losses, it couldn't possibly be my own play!
    cute
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1637
    January 2011
    4,170 Posts
    Please let's not start the "i played with people from x country, want to block that place" argument again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1638
    June 2011
    2,946 Posts
    25 wins
    39 losses

get friends to play with you.
    the less random people in your team the bigger chance to win.

Or you can go to Asian servers i think there's no russians there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

39. Post #1639
    "Suicidal thoughts? Depression?  Harden the fuck up." -uzikus
    February 2010
    1,791 Posts
    Guys, I'm in a dire need of help.

I need screenshots of Strange items, and preferably ranks and names - I need to see where they appear and in what format. I don't have any Strange items so I can't test it myself.

I think a screenshot of the item in the backpack would suffice. I'd be happier if this was an already ranked item. I'm a translator and these ranks are really painful and I need to see how can we translate and modify the strings with variables to make our job easier. Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

40. Post #1640
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    Guys, I'm in a dire need of help.

I need screenshots of Strange items, and preferably ranks and names - I need to see where they appear and in what format. I don't have any Strange items so I can't test it myself.

I think a screenshot of the item in the backpack would suffice. I'd be happier if this was an already ranked item. I'm a translator and these ranks are really painful and I need to see how can we translate and modify the strings with variables to make our job easier. Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried looking around for some images on the Dota 2 wiki?