1. Post #521
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    945 Posts
    So the next age.. I can almost confirm that we'll see the return of a day & night cycle and normal weather patterns.

Or, the alternative is we can keep it night and the snowfall going and commit to the end of daylight thing. The lore behind the Age of Darkness was that the sun died and the world froze over. So if we were to commit to that the world would stay as it is, a wasteland. It's a hard topic. The real issue is keeping things interesting for the players but at the same time I really wanted the Age of Darkness to have real consequences on the world. If daylight returns and the snowfall ends I think it might ruin what we had going there.

Any thoughts? (and no, I don't think flooding the world is a good idea )
    You might not think flooding the world is a good idea. But every single person i have talked to who plays on the server thinks the awsome implications a flooded world like in Waterworld(shit movie cool concept/visuals) Would be. (me included :v) Other idea would be that now that the sun is back its too hot and deserts n shit everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,083 Posts
    I'd imagine a compromise would be to replace all low-lying and coastal lands with swamps. The melting ice widened rivers and raised the watertable until the ground all about turned to mires and quagmires. It'll keep the slightly dark and wild theme while at the same time not flooding over a lot of stuff, and leaving it open to exploration.

3. Post #523
    Relinquere omnes seductiones imperium
    October 2007
    609 Posts
    That was an amazing start, starving to death just before I could place my bed .

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    917 Posts
    Need some help, then?

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,648 Posts
    Drakortha, you could try updating your .jar with the newest 1.3 dev build, it should work with any plugins, because as far as I'm aware, not much has changed.

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,703 Posts
    If the sun is to be reborn, some real hard shit should be achieved to make that happen. Like killing a mega-rift, or a god itself?

If the sun is to stay dead (I'm fine with the cold and darkness, it is pretty unique afterall), there could be warm underground habitats forming, perhaps from meteorite impacts or volcanic activity.

Oh wait, there could be volcanoes everywhere. That'd sure bring some warmth without any sunlight.

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    945 Posts
    I just noticed that SOMEHOW our secret chest had been found and we lost all our valuble minerals(gold diamonds iron) I have a feeling someone unclaimed the land and shenanigans happen. Would be neat if a admin could help.

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #529

December 2007
    352 Posts
    I'm trying to join the server but I keep getting the "Internal exception: java.netSocketException: Connection reset" error. How might I go about fixing this?

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    I'm trying to join the server but I keep getting the "Internal exception: java.netSocketException: Connection reset" error. How might I go about fixing this?
    Are you using 1.2.5?

11. Post #531

December 2007
    352 Posts
    Are you using 1.2.5?
    Nope, 1.3.1.

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    977 Posts
    I can only find 'how 2 pritae minecfat!!' links when looking for the old 1.2.5 jar, can someone provide a reliable link that isn't a cracked copy?

13. Post #533
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,068 Posts
    It's always a bit messy when Minecraft updates. Don't worry, we'll get through this.

15. Post #535
    May 2011
    1,162 Posts
    Planning on waiting for the stable release to come out (probably in a couple days or weeks) to start updating it, or are you going to try updating with 1.3.1 in the next week?

16. Post #536
    May 2008
    1,106 Posts
    So the next age.. I can almost confirm that we'll see the return of a day & night cycle and normal weather patterns.

Or, the alternative is we can keep it night and the snowfall going and commit to the end of daylight thing. The lore behind the Age of Darkness was that the sun died and the world froze over. So if we were to commit to that the world would stay as it is, a wasteland. It's a hard topic. The real issue is keeping things interesting for the players but at the same time I really wanted the Age of Darkness to have real consequences on the world. If daylight returns and the snowfall ends I think it might ruin what we had going there.

Any thoughts? (and no, I don't think flooding the world is a good idea )
    maybe have a nether portal that leads to pretty much the surface of the dead sun. and they've got to relite the sun somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,068 Posts
    I haven't decided on what to do yet. All I need is some time

18. Post #538
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    Underwater ruins would be really cool. It would be like Wind Waker or Waterworld.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #539
    March 2010
    969 Posts
    this server is very easy on the eyes and the player base is decent.

20. Post #540
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    I am all for aquaworld
    Its actualy easier than you think to survive under the ocean

21. Post #541
    November 2011
    292 Posts
    Yeah. Too easy.

If aqua-world happens, Underwater supermobs need to be added to spice things up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,703 Posts
    Also, aquaworld PLUS eternal darkness could be fun. Especially if the water is still frozen over. And large, mythical beasts lurk in the depths...

23. Post #543
    July 2012
    50 Posts
    I try to join but I get some internal exception java error and cant join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #544
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    If you get java errors you may have updated and are on 1.3
    I believe the server is still 1.2.5

25. Post #545
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    i'm not sure if enderdragons can be spawned underwater but having to deal with like two enderdragons on a relatively small island/in an underwater city could be a pain

26. Post #546
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    Ohgod underwater ghasts
    Plus i think explosives changed in 1.3

27. Post #547
    August 2012
    30 Posts
    Is this 1.3.1?

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,648 Posts
    No, the server is 1.2.5 until drakortha says otherwise.

29. Post #549
    August 2012
    30 Posts
    No, the server is 1.2.5 until drakortha says otherwise.
    Thanks.

30. Post #550
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    Quiet today...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    maybe have a nether portal that leads to pretty much the surface of the dead sun. and they've got to relite the sun somehow.
    "Everyone bring flint and steel,maybe this will work guys"

Edited:

How about porting the server to using Spout?
    You can make it so the server has serverside custom items that only require the player to connect to the server to use them,as well as a bunch of other stuff(not sure if it's possible but serverside custom mobs might be doable with Spout(kraken mob for age of water gogogo))!

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,068 Posts
    Quiet today...
    Yep, 1.3 has really made the server dead quiet lately.

About the 1.3 content; me and some of the admins were talking about the next age being "Age of Realms". Basically some ancient portals are uncovered in ruins somewhere and players will need to avoid traps and monsters and solve puzzles to reach the portals. When you go through, you are taken to a 1.3 map (we'll do this using a multiworld plugin for bukkit). From there players can choose to play on the new map for a while to collect 1.3 content to bring back to our main realm.

What do you guys think?

Edited:

"Everyone bring flint and steel,maybe this will work guys"

Edited:

How about porting the server to using Spout?
    You can make it so the server has serverside custom items that only require the player to connect to the server to use them,as well as a bunch of other stuff(not sure if it's possible but serverside custom mobs might be doable with Spout(kraken mob for age of water gogogo))!
    I'm too lazy to learn how to implement spout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #553
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    Can the next age not require leathers
    Alteratly can we establish a new city?
    Like in the new world or something

34. Post #554
    September 2008
    1,613 Posts
    I say one of the realms in the age of realms be made entirely out of wool and nothing else, it be the realm of clouds

35. Post #555
    May 2011
    936 Posts
    Yep, 1.3 has really made the server dead quiet lately.

About the 1.3 content; me and some of the admins were talking about the next age being "Age of Realms". Basically some ancient portals are uncovered in ruins somewhere and players will need to avoid traps and monsters and solve puzzles to reach the portals. When you go through, you are taken to a 1.3 map (we'll do this using a multiworld plugin for bukkit). From there players can choose to play on the new map for a while to collect 1.3 content to bring back to our main realm.

What do you guys think?

Edited:

I'm too lazy to learn how to implement spout
    Sounds interesting, but wouldn't just traveling far enough away work? It would take longer, but it is still a option.

P.S I haven't been on because im waiting for the server to update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    Server map is too.damn big for it, but supplied with manpower time and materials we should build a tunnel with minecarts to the new frontier

37. Post #557
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    917 Posts
    Well that'd be neat, a cooperative effort from all the players to 'escape' the current age. I don't know how plausible it is, though.

38. Post #558
    October 2009
    6,976 Posts
    Well that'd be neat, a cooperative effort from all the players to 'escape' the current age. I don't know how plausible it is, though.
    true dat, some douches would probably block off the center of it or something
    we would require admin help honestly

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,068 Posts
    Sounds interesting, but wouldn't just traveling far enough away work? It would take longer, but it is still a option.
    Well this is the world map;
    http://i.imgur.com/2t46W.jpg

Thats an older render. "Blue Peaks Portal" is the old Ancient portal you guys might have noticed outside the entrance of Ironhammer, just down the stone road. Back in that age players could travel freely between all world portals.

We could simply expand the map outwards, generating 1.3 terrain. My only concern with that though is the map is already 3gb in size so It's a bitch to move around and work on. Also, with the map being a large taiga biome, if we generated the map outwards we'd have the taiga biome surrounded by normal biome types (like a ring around it). It would look pretty weird

Doesn't mean I won't do it though. Expanding the map outwards would be a lot easier than the Age of Realms idea I mentioned earlier.

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,279 Posts
    Is there a more updated map with the newer locations? And where is Ironhammer on the map?