1. Post #1

September 2011
    77 Posts
    Ever since Valve's big game-breaking update, I've noticed some changes to various gui panels.

The console is lighter...
    Before update: [Image]
    After: [Image]

Certain backgrounds are way more transparent than they used to be...

And certain objects seem to be off-color...
    This one may be related to the transparency thing, not sure.

Call me spoiled, but I feel these are bugs, and should be fixed in Gmod 12. 13 too, if they're present.

Edit:
    surface.SetDrawColor(0, 0, 0, 220)
    surface.DrawRect(1, 1, Wide - 2, Tall - 2)

That's how the background for the middle two screenshots is made. The TTT scoreboard is the vanilla one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2012
    62 Posts
    I'll be honest, I don't really see this as being a bug or any sort of a real problem. Garry's attention should be brought to more pressing matters such as the Garry's Mod 13 beta rather than something like this, I believe your nit picking on this one good sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    None of those have changed. You are looking at different colors in the background, In all of your "issues" you are in a darker area for the "after". Nothing has changed, and nothing is wrong. You are imagining shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4

September 2011
    77 Posts
    Before Update:

The black square to the right was added with Photoshop, and is at 78% opacity. (200 on 255-scale)

After Update

Again, 78%.

Am I still imagining shit?

5. Post #5
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Maybe Valve adjusted the alpha blending?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2010
    121 Posts
    Looks much better now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    I think this should be reverted to stop styles from breaking, it's just annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    Before Update:
    -Image-
    The black square to the right was added with Photoshop, and is at 78% opacity. (200 on 255-scale)

After Update
    -Image-
    Again, 78%.

Am I still imagining shit?
    No, mabye not. How about you do a real test, where you actually look at the exact same spot both times. Until you do that, the entire validity of your test is invalid since the objects/materials behind them differ and will give you different results.

Here's what you can do, go on to gm_construct, and look at either the wall by standing int the same spot and at the same angles, or straight up at the sky. In doing this, your texture will be consistent, and you wont have to worry about the different materials becoming a factor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9

September 2011
    77 Posts
    No, mabye not. How about you do a real test, where you actually look at the exact same spot both times. Until you do that, the entire validity of your test is invalid since the objects/materials behind them differ and will give you different results.

Here's what you can do, go on to gm_construct, and look at either the wall by standing int the same spot and at the same angles, or straight up at the sky. In doing this, your texture will be consistent, and you wont have to worry about the different materials becoming a factor.
    Except for the part where that's impossible since we can't exactly take new screenshots of what it looked like pre-update.

That's why I put the test patches in spots where the background was as close to the same as possible.

10. Post #10
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    Except for the part where that's impossible since we can't exactly take new screenshots of what it looked like pre-update. That's why I put the test patches in spots where the background was as close to the same as possible.
    In garrysmod... NOTHING is impossible. Add an autorun hook for playerspawn to set the position of the player to something, and then set the eye angles to something else. Run that code on GM12 and GM13 on the same map. YAY! The exact same location and view. (You really don't have to do this... Just proof of concept :V: )

11. Post #11
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    This keeps happening between updates, hopefully garry will respond to this thread maybe.