1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    268 Posts
    Leon Kennedy Campaign -

Chris Redfield Campaign -

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,473 Posts
    I don't know if I should watch this or not. But I hope it's so dark because of the video quality, not the actual game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Leon Campaign all day erry day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,318 Posts
    Fuck yeah, actual zombies

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,132 Posts
    I just wanna move and shoot at the same time, please.
    I know it's a signature of the RE games but sometimes habbits' gotta go.

^That's what I was saying throughout the entirety of RE4 / 5, and now it looks like we can, somewhat.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,473 Posts
    I just wanna move and shoot at the same time, please.
    I know it's a signature of the RE games but sometimes habbits' gotta go.

^That's what I was saying throughout the entirety of RE4 / 5, and now it looks like we can, somewhat.
    You could never move and shoot in a RE game. I think they should stick to that. It adds to horror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,122 Posts
    I don't know if I should watch this or not. But I hope it's so dark because of the video quality, not the actual game.
    It's the video quality. There's other videos and none of them are nearly as dark.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,132 Posts
    You could never move and shoot in a RE game. I think they should stick to that. It adds to horror.
    You're in horror when you see how old and clunky not being able to move while shooting is, it doesn't add much more than annoyance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,373 Posts
    ^

Totally agree with that. It was a bitch in RE5.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,473 Posts
    You're in horror when you see how old and clunky not being able to move while shooting is, it doesn't add much more than annoyance.
    Clearly it's not your type of a game then. I also don't like strategic games or MMO games, but I'm not complaining. I just don't play them, even though they might be amazing. If you want run and shoot games, there are plenty of them. Even horror ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ
    November 2010
    1,882 Posts
    No he is right, it adds to the horror. Imagine running away from some zombies and the only way to shoot them is to stand still and shoot. it's a constant question of whether to turn around and risk it or keep running for your life.

Go play left 4 dead if you want a shoot and run type zombie game faggot

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,289 Posts
    basically you'll fight zombies as Leon/Helena

and everyone else will fight zombies that shoot back, but don't worry, they'll mutate or some bullshit that was featured in the half of RE5.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,373 Posts
    They should at least make something new about it. Like if you run and shoot your accuracy is total shit.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,473 Posts
    Like if you run and shoot your accuracy is total shit.
    Then why bother?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,661 Posts
    No it doesn't, bad gameplay mechanics should not be in a game just because it's been in the game before. Not being able to move and shoot at the same time is fucking dumb and is a bad gameplay mechanic that should be fixed. Keeping a fucking dumb part of the game just because it was in the previous ones is fucking stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,092 Posts
    It's interesting that each character has their own unique HUD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,373 Posts
    I just think that it's restricting and annoying that you are only allowed to shoot while standing still.

But this is just my opinion

18. Post #18
    February 2012
    626 Posts
    Guys, you can move and shoot in this Resident evil.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    927 Posts
    Moving while shooting wasn't as bad as some might think. Revelations did it pretty well, and that game was a refreshing balance much like RE4. The good thing about Revelations was that you could no longer brush past enemies like you could in RE4, and RE5, since they would at times predict your general direction and could intercept you, and faking them out was a bit more difficult. That's why dodging was implemented again I assume.

As for RE6, I don't know... Ever since a Capcom producer blatantly stated they're making the game a certain way in attempt to simply captivate a Western audience, things seem bleak for me.

In Leon's demo portion, you have these dark corridors which seem to be attempts to add suspense, but the game never fully capitalizes on that suspense until the very end when it becomes the most obvious, and all that suspense is lost. Hell, I thought it was funny to see that buggy moment where the player had to wait for that guy to actually open a couple of doors for you. Small things like that give me a bad impression of things to come.

20. Post #20
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,859 Posts
    > REGENERATING HEALTH

blunder of the century

Edited:

Not moving and shooting added to the sense of claustraphobia in my opinion, especially having to turn around and run instead of just running backwards.

I mean imagine resident evil with full third person shooter controls, oh wait that's what operation racoon city was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,661 Posts
    Not moving and shooting added to the sense of claustraphobia in my opinion, especially having to turn around and run instead of just running backwards.
    No it doesn't, the only thing it adds is the sense that you're playing as a cripple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,158 Posts
    Clearly it's not your type of a game then. I also don't like strategic games or MMO games, but I'm not complaining. I just don't play them, even though they might be amazing. If you want run and shoot games, there are plenty of them. Even horror ones.
    Non moving while shooting isn't its own specific type of game though, your really telling him it isn't his type of game over an annoying feature. They could just make the characters move very slow when aiming. That would eliminate the horrible clumsiness of the past games but not take away the element.

23. Post #23
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,859 Posts
    I'm just saying that without it you'd be strafing zambies to your hearts' content and any semblance of horror would be completely and utterly destroyed.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,158 Posts
    I'm just saying that without it you'd be strafing zambies to your hearts' content and any semblance of horror would be completely and utterly destroyed.
    If the only horror in a horror game is there because you cant move and shoot, you need to fix something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,661 Posts
    If you make your game actually play like a normal game and that gets rid of any horror it had, it's a bad horror game. A game should not rely on bad gameplay mechanics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,682 Posts
    I've talked a bit about it in the News Node thread, and I actually quite enjoy it. There are a few bugs, which is understandable from an unreleased game, but its still solid. The moving and shooting, while a departure from the classic method, is smooth and effective and ultimately doesn't seem to detract from the feeling of it. You don't get enough time with Leon to know how this will impact his more horror focused campaign, but it at least seems to work.

The change makes sense in a way for the characters. Leon has been doing this since his first day, with the Raccoon City incident, and after that, he is a train federal agent. Chris Redfield was a member of S.T.A.R.S. and there for the start of in Arklay mansion and beyond and is now part of an actual paramilitary organization dedicated to fighting B.O.W.s. Sherry literally grew up with it, her father was half the cause of the Raccoon City incident and she was in the middle of the whole thing with Leon and Claire, and she too went on to become a federal agent. The three new characters similarly have their own reasons for being able to handle the situation. To them, its nothing new, there is no horror aspect to these people because, for the most part, its what they've known for years or grown up with. They all have received high-level combat training in some form, and in the case of Chris and Piers it is literally their job. So moving and shooting reflects this aspect of the characters really.

Edited:

> REGENERATING HEALTH

blunder of the century
    It only regenerates up to a certain degree. Its broken up in to six segments, and to heal any lost ones, you have to use some form of healing item. It actually works well in the demo.

Edited:

Non moving while shooting isn't its own specific type of game though, your really telling him it isn't his type of game over an annoying feature. They could just make the characters move very slow when aiming. That would eliminate the horrible clumsiness of the past games but not take away the element.
    I actually have a friend who has wanted to play the Resident Evil games, but has refused to simply because you couldn't move and shoot, he didn't like how clumsy the system was.

Edited:

Not necessarily. Your accuracy does take a hit while moving, the zombies are actually fairly hard to kill even while standing, and the zombies, while they don't run or anything, aren't that slow. They can close ground on you faster than you realize. And when you're fight in a dark, enclosed parking garage where you can barely see whats around you, it helps to keep the suspense alive.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,473 Posts
    If you make your game actually play like a normal game and that gets rid of any horror it had, it's a bad horror game. A game should not rely on bad gameplay mechanics.
    So you guys hate all resident evil games?

28. Post #28
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,682 Posts
    The classic Resident Evil games had to use it out of necessity, so there really isn't anything to complain about in that regard.
    Furthermore, that isn't what they said at all, so go away with your silly straw man.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,661 Posts
    No, they've got plenty of good and the first ones had those gameplay restrictions more because of technical limitations and because gameplay hadn't been fully developed and all that is fine. Having the same stuff in a new game, where any of those limitations is long gone is just dumb and means the developers don't have to actually make the game scary, they just make you move like a tank and it'll be scary because it'll take forever just to dodge a zombie that's coming at you which means you'll die quicker.

30. Post #30
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,461 Posts
    i'm not sure i've ever played a game where better controls would have lead to less scary

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,676 Posts
    Fuck yes Choplin.

32. Post #32
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,682 Posts
    i'm not sure i've ever played a game where better controls would have lead to less scary
    The problem is a small group of fans who are clinging to the past and too scared of change. I'm excited for it, everyone I know is excited for it. Hell, my 45 year old father is excited for it and he only ever played the classic ones.

33. Post #33
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,461 Posts
    bad controls don't bother me seeing as i'm a huge fan of the first 3-4 silent hill games
    but you'd have to be out of your mind to prefer them. the bad controls didn't add to the games at all, and they didn't for classic resident evil either

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,560 Posts
    That's borderline racist...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,984 Posts
    That's borderline racist...
    HOW?

in what possible way is that racist?

36. Post #36
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,682 Posts
    HOW?

in what possible way is that racist?
    He may be making a reference to the stupid allegations that Capcom was being racist with Resident Evil 5 by having them kill black monsters in Africa.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    if I was any closer to the person I was playing it might as well be first person

seriously, if they're going to do horror, they should do it right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,682 Posts
    if I was any closer to the person I was playing it might as well be first person

seriously, if they're going to do horror, they should do it right
    What?

39. Post #39
    February 2009
    22,617 Posts
    Looks nice but is it just me or does this game look really out of date? The graphics are really mucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,906 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I saw a video where you could move and shoot.