1. Post #41
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,764 Posts
    Problem with Halo is the FOV, it was about 75 in reach which was a first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,447 Posts
    Wait for the PC version. It will come out when Half-Life 2 Episode 3 is released.

3. Post #43
    Oh man, the memories of playing through after school. That music is powerful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,991 Posts
    am i the only one who thought halo 2 was the worst of the series

it has the worst level in halo (i fucking hated that arbiter level) and the only thing that redeems it is the multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,628 Posts
    I liked Halo 2, but I do agree it was probably the least entertaining of the series. Reach is my absolute favorite of the Halo games, but that's mostly because of the insane amounts of character customization that made me care a lot more about Noble 6 than Master Chief because Noble 6 was whatever I could make him/her. That, and the lack of annoying Flood levels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,383 Posts
    It would have been nice if they had Halo remastered for the PC also. Seeing as there was a pc version of the first game. (And the second.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #47
    April 2012
    3,341 Posts
    Anyone remember Quarantine Zone? That was an intense level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,099 Posts
    am i the only one who thought halo 2 was the worst of the series

it has the worst level in halo (i fucking hated that arbiter level) and the only thing that redeems it is the multiplayer.
    I'm pretty sure we've already established that the worst level in the entire Halo series so far was 'The Library'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,825 Posts
    I'm pretty sure we've already established that the worst level in the entire Halo series so far was 'The Library'.
    it is the absolute worst but at the same time it's probably my favorite

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    759 Posts
    It would have been nice if they had Halo remastered for the PC also. Seeing as there was a pc version of the first game. (And the second.)
    Microsoft has apparently given up on the PC gaming market, it's all about the Xbox now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I honestly don't like how companies are deliberately not including backwards compatibility and then rereleasing old games from the previous system for full price.
    Halo 1 Anniversary was almost half the full price of any other games. If this is true and Halo 2 is re-released then it would likely be the same price. Also, this is a huge upgrade if true because Halo 2 suffered from MASSIVE texture pop in which took away from the immersion. The anniversary edition would fix these problems while giving us the good old Halo 2 we all know and love (don't deny it, you have a place in your heart for it if you're in this thread).

I don't care if they replace the multiplayer either. I didn't buy H1A for the multiplayer. I bought it for the updated visuals and of course updated 360 support. That's what it was designed for, that's what I bought it for. Same thing for Halo 2 if this is true. I loved replaying Halo 1, the updated visuals really brought the game to life and made the world more believable. Halo 2's campaign was great, even if we did swap from one character to the next every other chapter, I didn't mind at all. I enjoyed seeing the perspective of both factions.

12. Post #52
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,133 Posts
    What was so bad about it? I've never played it so I don't know.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    Well, after Halo 4, it would be a nice thing to see.

The remake of the first Halo could have been much better imo.

They sacrificed quality and flexibility with the remake for that shitty gimmick of being able to switch between the classic and remastered versions.
    As a result, they had to stick with the 2001 code which made a lot of things, especially the animations on the characters look like broken shit.

Hopefully if they do a remake for Halo 2, it'll be 1000 times better than their remake of Halo: CE.

Edited:

Hell I think they did more of a 'remastered' thing with Halo 1 rather than a full remake.
    (Which is really what I was looking foward too. But still, something is better than nothing.)
    They wanted it to stay faithful to the gameplay. They had to choose between diehard fanboys breathing down their necks for changing the engine or regular people that expected something different than Halo 1     for some reason   . The Halo singleplayer has always been more about the overall story than the graphics or the gameplay, those two are what multiplayer focuses on, and that's one big reason they made the multiplayer portion of CEA DLC for Reach.

As someone who fucking loves almost everything about Halo 2 I'd buy an anniversary edition in a heartbeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    I loved Halo 2 and I'd love a remastered version to come out. Now all I need is an Xbox 360.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,099 Posts
    What was so bad about it? I've never played it so I don't know.
    You basically had to fight your way through MASSIVE hordes of flood to get to the top floor of this Forerunner security facility called The Library (Which every ring has) to get the index which activated the ring.
    (You saw Delta Halo's library in Halo 2 if you've played it so that should give you an idea of what the level was like)

It's just nonstop fighting the entire way through the level, the sentinels that help you are almost useless on any difficulty beyond Easy, and every so often you come across that bitch with a rocket launcher that instantly kills you.
    I've still never been able to beat it on legendary and I have serious trouble with it on Heroic.

Watch some videos of it on youtube (Make sure you look for videos where the guy is playing on legendary) or better yet, just get the Anniversary edition if you've never played Halo 1 before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    June 2008
    3,398 Posts
    Microsoft has apparently given up on the PC gaming market, it's all about the Xbox now.
    I'd assume it's Gearbox's fault. They ported the first one.

17. Post #57
    January 2008
    1,203 Posts
    i remember halo 2 having the hardest legendary dificulity in the entire series by far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    i remember halo 2 having the hardest legendary dificulity in the entire series by far
    Up until Reach and that fucking canyon level

actually I also remember getting stuck for hours in the hall of brutes early on in Halo 3 but other than that it was a cruise

19. Post #59
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,388 Posts
    All I want is a newer version of halo on PC (at least 3)

20. Post #60
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,504 Posts
    Up until Reach and that fucking canyon level

actually I also remember getting stuck for hours in the hall of brutes early on in Halo 3 but other than that it was a cruise
    Reach has several canyons in it's levels. What specific level?

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,161 Posts
    I'm somewhat confused by this statement, since the Xbox 360 can play all Xbox games.
    It doesn't play Midtown Madness 3. An unforgivable sin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    6,148 Posts
    Halo CE anniversary was a bit shit, as its been said the animations looked awfull. It honestly looked like it was just a HD Texturepack mod for a pre-existing game. Being able to switch view was nice, but I have halo 1 on pc and xbox aswell so it was a bit unnecessary. I have my 360 plugged int oa vga monitor and the one thing that pissed me off about anniversary is that it was widescreen only, it was wierd playing aniversary then switching to the reach maps and have it go from widescreen to practicaly square.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,418 Posts
    I'm waiting for Halo Anniversary Anniversary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    July 2009
    1,687 Posts
    Worst level in any Halo game is that fucking level on Halo 3 where you're in that Flood hive thing. It's been a while, but I think it was the level Cortana.

Swear to god I nearly put my controller through my screen

25. Post #65
    February 2010
    16,241 Posts
    Worst level in any Halo game is that fucking level on Halo 3 where you're in that Flood hive thing. It's been a while, but I think it was the level Cortana.

Swear to god I nearly put my controller through my screen
    I treated that level like a speed run, getting mobbed by the Flood just isn't worth it.

26. Post #66
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,159 Posts
    Halo 2's multiplayer was amazing. Anybody remember the X-Y-RT bug?

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,622 Posts
    Oh man, the memories of playing through after school. That music is powerful.
    Fuck, I can't even listen to that anymore. I remember how fun the game was and how I can't play multiplayer on it anymore.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,141 Posts
    You can still play multiplayer through system link and xlink kai (I think that's the name)

29. Post #69
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,075 Posts
    You can still play multiplayer through system link and xlink kai (I think that's the name)
    Or you just play Halo 2 PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    You can still play multiplayer through xlink kai
    Reading up on this, sounds like an awesome idea but sadly I've only got a 360, couldn't play with anyone outside of Texas.

The two major reasons for making the multiplayer part of CEA DLC for Reach were that they didn't want to split up the Halo multiplayer community, and more importantly, since Halo CE never had netcode in the first place, it'd either take much longer to make CEA or it would have absolutely awful unoptimized multiplayer. Since H2 came with multiplayer and it was much different than Reach what with dual wielding and map sizes, I think there's a good chance that either it will get its own multiplayer or, if Halo 4 is out by its release, DLC again.

this is all assuming they're going to do an h2 anniversary edition and that was just a rumor, still, fingers crossed

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,369 Posts
    Or you just play Halo 2 PC.
    How the fuck did they go from such an awesome port with the first one to a completely terrible one with the second?

32. Post #72
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,075 Posts
    How the fuck did they go from such an awesome port with the first one to a completely terrible one with the second?
    There isn't that many problems with it anymore.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,141 Posts
    Reading up on this, sounds like an awesome idea but sadly I've only got a 360, couldn't play with anyone outside of Texas.
    Yeah, that'd limit you (The 360 apparently enforces a 30ms latency limit on system link connections, which isn't enough for any form of internet gaming)

So yes, Halo 2 PC is your best bet (I'd do that if stores weren't still selling it for $50, I got it and Halo 1 for $20 off eBay)

34. Post #74
    October 2010
    2,040 Posts
    In other Halo-related news, they added dynamic lighting to forge mode blows party whistle

Man, the memories of Halo 2. I remember the first day I played Halo 2 was the first day I discovered System of a Down. (Yeah, I was pretty late, but hey!) I remember at how mesmerized I was by the game. The characters, the covenant, the art design, music, man, the music. But then, "Finish The Fight"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    January 2010
    5,172 Posts
    Man, I loved the hell out of Halo 2... Also, I don't understand the hate people had for the Arbiter levels. I thought it was really neat that they had something from the perspective of an alien pariah and not, you know, yet another nigh-unstoppable space marine.

I just realized, they're probably going to fix all the places you can get out of the maps. And superbounces. God damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,811 Posts
    Anyone remember Quarantine Zone? That was an intense level.
    I have fond memories of taking a Ghost, boosting straight for Flood soldiers, and missing completely to surf off the side of the platform and into a bottomless pit.

I didn't have the best experience with Halo 2 as I played it on PC when Microsoft was trying that cheap ploy of only making it work on Vista.

I played it on XP, you had to fool the game into thinking you were on Vista which took a while but the game ran perfectly. Fuck Microsoft.
    I did that too and enjoyed every moment of it until the Windows Live suite changed and ruined the fix, fucking the game files beyond comprehension.
    Got Windows 7 now though, so I'll probably dig it out and give it a spin.

37. Post #77
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,388 Posts
    There isn't that many problems with it anymore.
    last time I tried to install halo 2 it ran worse on my quad core than it did my pentium 4

38. Post #78
    April 2010
    3,282 Posts
    I would love button combos and super jumps to stay if it ever were to be created. They were so much fun to do, even though so many people hated it. I feel like you could explore the maps in Halo 2 so much better, like Headlong and Turf. That was so much fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    January 2010
    5,172 Posts
    I would love button combos and super jumps to stay if it ever were to be created. They were so much fun to do, even though so many people hated it. I feel like you could explore the maps in Halo 2 so much better, like Headlong and Turf. That was so much fun.
    So many hours spent dicking around on maps, trying to find and do exploits... It seems like with each successive game there got fewer and fewer, until there were basically none in Reach because of that stupid soft kill barrier. Which, by the way, felt really out of place on Forge World.

Maybe they'll do the thing like CE:A with the graphics but instead you can switch back and forth between "old glitchy physics" and the patched physics.