1. Post #201
    January 2012
    1,825 Posts
    A village is bad enough.
    There were no civilian casualties at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

2. Post #202
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    ugh this is so utterly inconsequential
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    892 Posts
    What I don't get is why they used an entire fucking missile to blow up one man instead of just gunning him down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #204
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    7,837 Posts
    What I don't get is why they used an entire fucking missile to blow up one man instead of just gunning him down.
    Maybe they figured it would destroy whatever he was planting as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    Russia today jumps at any chance to make the US look like shit. Everyone knows that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #206
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,214 Posts
    Whether he sang the song or not, the man was going to die.

Maybe he did it to calm his nerves. It's a pretty jaunty song, I dunno.

I don't see what the big issue is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #207
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,246 Posts
    Russia today jumps at any chance to make the US look like shit. Everyone knows that.
    Media all over the world does this. When was the last time you read something truly positive about Russia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,315 Posts
    Not really news. There's hundreds of videos like this. My favorite being the Pilot and Gunner watching ground troops approach a guy hiding in a tree. Waste him. The gunner saying Oh they just shot him out of the tree, and the pilot saying all sarcastic. Aww that's too bad

9. Post #209
    I work under clearence dumbfuck
    June 2009
    1,530 Posts
    the victims were ‘innocent farms planting poppy seeds in the middle of the road,
    Just going to go ahead and plant some random ass poppy seeds in the middle of the damn road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

10. Post #210
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,297 Posts
    Alright. You guys got me. I joined the Army as a Kiowa mechanic in an effort to kill as many people from other nations as possible. You know, because all of those people are not from 'murricah, and I am a bloodthirsty psychopathic killing machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Title Attrition Belligerent
    November 2009
    2,022 Posts
    Just going to go ahead and plant some random ass poppy seeds in the middle of the damn road.
    just go ahead and advertise with a random ass LED in boston

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #212
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    Alright. You guys got me. I joined the Army as a Kiowa mechanic in an effort to kill as many people from other nations as possible. You know, because all of those people are not from 'murricah, and I am a bloodthirsty psychopathic killing machine.
    no-one on this forum believes this, so stop wasting your time saying pointless stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts

We still do it. Just not very often.
    i
    for one
    say enthusiastically "get some"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    "Uh, that target has been lit up, over"

15. Post #215
    November 2007
    2,488 Posts
    How is this any worse than saying "Good kill good kill" after a successful missile hit or cheering at the sight of an A10 strafing an enemy position? It's like some of you have never seen war footage before in your life. That's how war is.

16. Post #216
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,686 Posts
    Don't argue otherwise, the guy was a jerk.

Coping mechanisms or not, he did not show any respect for the life of the guy he just killed, also when you start thinking about musical numbers while killing people you've been probably doing it for a bit too long.
    hi i sit on a computer chair all day i think my shitty opinion matters helicopter gunner who is in afghanistan this is my little fuck u heh sure did own him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,386 Posts
    Who fucking cares? He just killed someone and everyone is tripping shit because he said a few words?
    Really? Common, i think there are more important things to discuss and pick at.

People trip about the most stupid stuff, and real atrocities are just overlooked.

Its his job, if people think what the pilot/gunner said was awful their heads would explode if they heard the way ground troops talk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #218
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,965 Posts
    Oh man. Imagine if the "Collateral Murder" video pilots sang the song. Holy shit this thread would be like 300 pages long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,766 Posts
    I'd say yes. Collateral damage is terrible, but it's what we have to deal with in war. At least we're not carpet bombing cities anymore.
    So manslaughter should carry no penalty?

Collateral damage is beyond terrible. These are innocent people have lose their lives for absolutely no good reason. Don't you dare try and say that collateral damage is okay. How would you feel if some country decides to blow up a house in your village and then your mother is killed in the process? You think its okay to just call that collateral damage? Fuck war, the US is no better than the Taliban when civilians die, because those civilians should not have died in the first fucking place.

Its the same shit with drones, why is an American soldier's life more important than the countless numbers of innocent women and children that die?

Edited:

Like US media is any better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,523 Posts
    Takes out planted IEDs as well.
    Either that, or there's a sale on for Hellfires.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    July 2007
    3,333 Posts
    Guns at that range aren't accurate enough plus the uranium depleted rounds could have bounched up into buildings around it.

22. Post #222
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    After two failed attempts at clearing the village resulted in U.S and Afghan casualties, Flynn’s response was to take the village out. He ordered a mine-clearing line charge, using rocket-propelled explosives to create a path into the center of Tarok Kolache.
    Flynn?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    I wasn't planning to post anything but OH GOD THE YOUTUBE COMMENTS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #224
    October 2009
    2,302 Posts
    Disregarding all the moral bullshit arguments and what not, I always wonder why they always go so overkill on these guys. There's a single person and they fire fucking missiles at him

25. Post #225
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Disregarding all the moral bullshit arguments and what not, I always wonder why they always go so overkill on these guys. There's a single person and they fire fucking missiles at him
    I suppose there'd be a slight chance that he'd get away from the cannon fire, and if he'd manage to get closer to the buildings, the cannon would have to follow and cause some damage to the buildings.

But that'd be quite unpropable, since it'd be almost literally raining hell.

26. Post #226
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,079 Posts
    The guy sounded like someone you would hear playing Cod or something

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,580 Posts
    looks like the round he shot wasn't even HE, there was a gasoline explosion too

from all that innocent person stuff he was planting

in the middle of the road

with a gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,220 Posts
    Yeah, okay. Planting a valuable crop on the side of the road. Sure.
    Better yet, in the middle of it.

Edited:

I can't help myself but laugh every time i see "Poppy seeds"

29. Post #229
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    525 Posts
    I teabag my enemies on BF3, (most of them are american), am I an asshole? :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Why did this remind me of the AC-130 mission in CoD4

Anyway, whats with all the comotion about this? No fun allowed?
    "OH NOES I WILL KILL MY 6TH MAN OF THE DAY AFTER I PUSH THIS BUTTON, WHAAAAA"
    "John has never been the same ever since the media found out soldiers have fun doing their job."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    June 2008
    1,596 Posts
    None of you are thinking from the gunner's point of view.
    It's sane to try and remain sane. If in war you think about all the death and the killing, you're going to get fucked up soon.

Hell, up in those heights you can try and enjoy it. It's all just a dot, just an assignment. Down below, you can't because you see all the shit that goes on. Up there, you don't.
    You try to remain sane, you have fun.
    Don't be ignorant, you'd do the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #232
    Dennab
    April 2011
    503 Posts
    I said people who join the military voluntarily in an offensive war deserve no more sympathy than someone who murders. That doesn't equal disbanding the military.
    Even as a medic? You think that people who volunteer to save lives deserve no sympathy?

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    earlier posts said it was so they could blow up whatever IED he might have been playing... makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,283 Posts
    There's a huge gap between not dwelling on the lives you've taken, and celebrating your current kill with an upbeat musical number.
    have you heard of PTSD

because that's what happens to you if you don't have a coping mechanism

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,014 Posts
    What people don't get, is that you feel way less connected to a person if you kill them with long range weapons like missiles or artillery, instead of close range with an assault rifle, lmg, or a shotgun, because all you see is a white dot on a screen, then an explosion, speaking of that explosion, looks too big to be from a hellfire missile, meaning they did hit some kind of explosive.

36. Post #236
    June 2012
    175 Posts
    Don't argue otherwise, the guy was a jerk.

Coping mechanisms or not, he did not show any respect for the life of the guy he just killed, also when you start thinking about musical numbers while killing people you've been probably doing it for a bit too long.
    The guy(s) he just killed were most likely planting IEDs in the road to kill or maim American soldiers driving through the area. I don't think there's any need for respect there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,273 Posts
    I agree that if you let the soldiers think too hard about the killing they do on a daily basis it would be bad for them
    The thing I'm also concerned about in this case is the creepiness of singing a song while you kill someone, regardless of who it is. The gunner/pilot could have been suffering some mental illness

Remember when Osama Bin Laden was killed? Remember how Facepunch was all "Let's show him respect, he's still a human" and all that, while many were celebrating? Slightly different circumstance, true, but just think about it for a second
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    October 2009
    2,302 Posts
    earlier posts said it was so they could blow up whatever IED he might have been playing... makes sense.
    Did you pick up that new game Battlefield for the IED 3? I hear it's pretty sweet.

anyways yeah that makes sense

39. Post #239
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    All I see are two guys, and one of them crouched by the road for a moment. How did these pilots decided that they are "hurr terrorists" with a shoddy targeting camera? It's not even mentioned if they were doing anything or if they were carrying weapons.

You can't even prove anything with this, so no point arguing either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #240
    July 2007
    3,333 Posts
    All I see are two guys, and one of them crouched by the road for a moment. How did these pilots decided that they are "hurr terrorists" with a shoddy targeting camera? It's not even mentioned if they were doing anything or if they were carrying weapons.

You can't even prove anything with this, so no point arguing either.
    If you dont know anything about military engagement standards.. then yes you should shut up.

BUT, just because this video is about a minute long doesnt mean thats the amount of time the crew has observed these shady guys.

Pretty sure these unlucky guys werent civilians..