1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,914 Posts
    I suppose he's also helping children learn to read for publicity too.
    Well ya probably. The only reason I volunteer for anything is to look good to my leadership and get good evaluations. I can imagine its some of the same for famous people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Dennab
    April 2012
    470 Posts
    I suppose he's also helping children learn to read for publicity too.
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    April 2011
    382 Posts
    you're a F**king idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,787 Posts
    continue to tell us how the world works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Dennab
    April 2012
    470 Posts
    continue to tell us how the world works
    It orbits the sun while having a cycle of 24 earth hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    December 2011
    1,657 Posts
    Its nice knowing such an organization exists. It is even nicer when celebrities are willing to help those organizations out without wanting some form of payment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,681 Posts
    Wow he's also lord hood in the Halo games.

He's played so many fucking parts!

He has a really tough, hardass front, but he's one of the nicest actors on the planet. Nice to see him doing things off his own back, instead of him doing it for a massive paycheck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,456 Posts
    He has a really tough, hardass front, but he's one of the nicest actors on the planet. Nice to see him doing things off his own back, instead of him doing it for a massive paycheck
    Usually the people who play the baddies are very nice in the real life. Ron Perlman is cool, stories like that are very heartwarming and only an idiot would think that he's doing it for publicity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #49
    June 2009
    190 Posts
    Well ya probably. The only reason I volunteer for anything is to look good to my leadership and get good evaluations. I can imagine its some of the same for famous people.
    That is low. If you are going to volunteer for something you should do it for the cause, not for the looks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,630 Posts
    Wow he's also lord hood in the Halo games.

He's played so many fucking parts!

i'm pretty sure these types of charities get huge amounts in donations so he probably did get a paycheck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,913 Posts
    wow he's 62...
    Sam Jackson is 63

all of my favorite actors are old as fuck now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    February 2011
    1,726 Posts
    That kid has good taste in film/comics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    Just because you're not one of them doesn't mean nice people don't exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #54
    It orbits the sun while having a cycle of 24 earth hours.
    lol earth hours. The concept of the hour isn't based upon the earth you know, an hour is an hour everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    January 2012
    59 Posts
    Man that's pretty cool/nice of him to do such a swell guy

16. Post #56
    but it doesn't say what illness the kid suffers and how serious it is.
    Terminal?

17. Post #57
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    Now get Vin to dress up as Riddick :(

18. Post #58
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,637 Posts
    Sam Jackson is 63

all of my favorite actors are old as fuck now
    Bill Murray

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,857 Posts
    If I was an actor/famous in any way for doing something, and a kid who was going to die young and not get the chance to do any of the shit I'd done wanted me to spend one day with him - I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    November 2007
    1,221 Posts
    I was in the make a wish foundation. Got a VIP pass to every park in Orlando flordia for 2 weeks. I was 4 or 5 at the time. Also free arcade 24 7 in our resort we stayed at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    April 2012
    470 Posts
    lol earth hours. The concept of the hour isn't based upon the earth you know, an hour is an hour everywhere.
    Go find a science thread about the universe... You'll understand what I mean, I hope.

22. Post #62
    Go find a science thread about the universe... You'll understand what I mean, I hope.
    wikipedia posted:
    The hour (common symbol: h or hr) is a unit of measurement of time. In modern usage, an hour comprises 60 minutes, or 3,600 seconds.

Since 1967, the second has been defined to be:
    the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.[1]
    An hour is an hour everywhere.

23. Post #63
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #64
    October 2008
    1,802 Posts
    i love his fucking role in Desperation

he played it so good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)