1. Post #1

December 2011
    34 Posts
    I and all my players got an issue in my HL2RP server, the footstep sounds, and pretty much everything else isn't loading/working.

Client Console Errors:
    "Unable to read particle definition particles/footstep_fx.pcf! UtlBuffer is the wrong type!"

I can also see the my client console is spammed of other .PCFs...

EDIT:

I also found this spammed down my console:
    "Didn't find particle function oscillating_movement
    Didn't find particle function random_number
    Didn't find particle function oscillating_movement
    Didn't find particle function random_number
    Didn't find particle function "

2. Post #2
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    525 Posts
    It's obvious you never had a community before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

December 2011
    34 Posts
    Are you gonna help me or not?

4. Post #4
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    you serious?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2009
    85 Posts
    You should read the instructions very carefully, and actually download the content. It seems like helping you would require somebody to go through the entire process of installing it properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6

December 2011
    34 Posts
    Hmm... I fixed it... Just saying this:

Thanks for being complete jerks, next time you reply to a thread like this - learn properly coding. I had this server up working great for 7 months, now its working again because that I realized being lazy got me nowhere. Yeah, only reason I made this thread is because I was too lazy to look through the sh_auto.lua where I knew where the problem was.

Thanks for nuthing morons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    Sorry I was late.

What were you doing wrong?

8. Post #8

December 2011
    34 Posts
    Nothing I did wrong... Talking about hackers... sh_auto looked like a mess... All the models were... Yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

June 2012
    23 Posts
    Also, how do I fix that whenever I do /textadd or /doorsetunownable texthere , the text won't show up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2010
    1,187 Posts

Thanks for being complete jerks, next time you reply to a thread like this - learn properly coding. I had this server up working great for 7 months, now its working again because that I realized being lazy got me nowhere. Yeah, only reason I made this thread is because I was too lazy to look through the sh_auto.lua where I knew where the problem was.

*learn to properly code.

*nothing

Now, first off, you really should think about where you are. you're in the gamemode section. you should have taken this question to the LUA scripting section, especially since most people here don't like HL2RP. But, I'm sorry to see that no one offered to help you and I'm glad to see that you solved the issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts

Watch out guys, we got a badass here!