1. Post #361
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    > Try and talk to it, if it does not respond, or if it attacks, 2 attack 1 bail out.
    >ESCAPE! (pussy)
    You do not have a single Bail Out card in your hand, how can you even do these actions without them?

Dodge her attacks until she makes a mistake, then sieze the opprotunity to deal a serious blow.
    >one two punch
    You decide to allow the doppelganger to have the first attack so you may counter with a One-Two Punch, costing 2 cards.

You successfully dodge its LUNGE attack and do a perfect counter with a One-Two Punch! She loses her footing, giving you one extra turn.

You now have 1 Attack Card and your only 2 Bail Out cards.

She's not as strong as you initially thought. She seems absolutely angry for whatever reason you're unaware about. She bears the same colors and symbols that Nyx had before...

>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    > Use Tackle while she's still unbalanced from the previous attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #363
    September 2010
    1,377 Posts
    attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #364
    May 2011
    942 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #365
    April 2011
    4,828 Posts
    ^^^>tackle, then kiss her on the lips to surprise her or even stun her, perhaps giving you another turn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #366
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    With your free turn, you go all in for a Tackle, costing all three cards.

Welp, there goes all your Bail Out cards...

...If you're ever going to need them. The doppelganger is now in critical condition with no way to fight back. It's almost sad that she's all beaten up without laying a scratch on you. It doesn't change that she tried though.

You now have 1 Gold Attack Card, 1 Attack Card and 1 ??? Card.

Gold card? What's that?
    When a gold card is at the same time with other cards, only the gold card is discarded and the rest is sent back to your deck. If you use more than one gold card, only one of them is discarded.

The ??? Card looks gold, but it seems that if you used it, you can't use any other card...

You're also now allowed to end the strife as your opponent cannot fight. It's not right to kick someone when they're down.

>

Well I hope these strife mechanics are interesting enough. There's actually a layer of strategy that I didn't think about until now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    > Loudly exclaim "I FUCKING HATE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! GO SUCK ON CRYSTAL TESTICLES!"

Then ask what that was all about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #368
    April 2011
    4,828 Posts
    FINISH HER
    actually, interrogate her
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    rip in peace bfg9000

Edited:

Oh, lucky you, you got unbanned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    > Loudly exclaim "I FUCKING HATE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! GO SUCK ON CRYSTAL TESTICLES!"

Then ask what that was all about.

Before you can finish the second word... You already know where this is going.

A loud burst of wind comes from a crack in the air, blowing your hair into your face and getting hair in your mouth before you can finish.

Oh! There you are!

Karas calls from the other side of the crack, which appears to be a Red Domain. She came with you to the Black Domain for sure, but she wasn't with you and now you find she's in a red one instead, on a large crack in the air.

Now that you mention it, that crack was there while you were fighting...

K:- Man, I was looking everywhere for you!
    MP:- What are you doing in that red place?
    K:- I dunno. Must be another part of this domain. There's nothing in here though... Who's that?

She looks down to see your shadowy doppelganger, limp on the floor.

K:- Is that you?
    MP:- Just some sort of doppelganger. She attacked me when I got here.
    K:- Really? ...Oh shit.
    MP:- What? What's wrong?
    K:- Dammit! This wasn't supposed to happen!
    MP:- Woah! Just tell me what's going on!

K:- It's nothing that should concern you, just me.
    MP:- What? This is my dream, my mind, why shouldn't this concern me?!
    K:- This isn't your mind!
    MP:- What are you talking about?!
    K:- I... Hmm...

K:- Describe Daedalus to me.
    MP:- A large blue-
    K:- Stop right there. That's all I needed to hear to know that your Daedalus is not the same as my Daedalus.
    MP:- Why? What's your Daedalus like?
    K:- The less you know about my Daedalus, the better. Now tell me about this doppelganger.
    MP:- She had blades coming out her wrist. She had the same symbols on her body that Nyx had when I first saw her.
    K:- How connected do you think the two are?
    MP:- I don't know. Daedalus summoned Nyx to fight me when I wanted to beat some truth out of him.
    K:- So then this doppelganger might have been summoned by Daedalus then?
    MP:- Could be.
    K:- Interesting...
    K is starting to confuse the hell out of you now. Not your dream? The doppelganger concerning her more than you? The Daedalus' not being the same?

K:- Did this doppelganger say a word at all?
    MP:- No. Why?
    K:- How'd you get Nyx to become a part of you?
    MP:- You mean as a familiar?
    K:- Yeah, whatever.
    MP:- I had her come inside me. When I woke up, I puked her out. You think I can do the same thing with the doppelganger?
    K:- Nope, this is a husk of you. Nothing will happen in the real world if you try to bring her over.
    MP:- So what's Nyx then?
    K:- Nyx is a full person. She's not your familiar but I bet that she thinks that she is right now.
    MP:- What? You mean to say that she was someone before?
    K:- Yeah, I've met her too. I just never got her name.
    MP:- How long ago was it?
    K:- Ten years.
    MP:- How can you know someone for ten years and not know their name?
    K:- It was a... tricky time to try get each others names.
    MP:- So why'd you call me an old friend then? Did we meet before?
    K:- No, we've never met. You just kind of gave that vibe that we might have met ten years ago in that tricky time.
    MP:- Well I'm certain that I've never met you before. My hometown was small so I would've remembered you, even if you were just a passerby.
    K:- Yeah, your hometown... So where's Nyx?
    MP:- You tell me... Oh shit, maybe Daedalus found her!
    K:- I doubt that. We all ended up in different places. She won't be found so easily.
    K's attempt to reassure barely helps you out in this situation. You just hope that Nyx isn't in trouble right now.

K:- So what's the plan now? This is your mind after all.
    MP:- You just said it wasn't.
    K:- Yeah, my bad.
    ---

Strife Decks are locked while inside your dreams. You currently only have the Default Martial Deck, and the Default Ranger Deck which can only be used when you have a Bow and Arrow.

Martial Deck
    12 x Attack [3 gold]
    2 x Bail Out
    1 x ???
    Ranger Deck
    5 x Attack [2 Gold]
    5 x Close Quarters [1 Gold]
    2 x Power Shot
    2 x Bail Out
    1 x ???
    >
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    > Begin to say the forbidden words, but just before you finish the second word, awaken.

Edited:

Alternatively:

>Go to Daedalus, you seriously need to talk to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #372
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    i just moved to my mom's house and forgot to bring the pen for my tablet holy damn im an idiot

to think i really wanted to make a video update today because i had the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,182 Posts
    Find the "Blue Daedalus" (Im going to term the 2 Daedalus's Blue and Red now), he has some explaining to do.

EDIT: I think I found the theme to this thread (skip to 1:50)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    >Go to Daedalus, you seriously need to talk to him.
    Find the "Blue Daedalus" (Im going to term the 2 Daedalus's Blue and Red now), he has some explaining to do.
    Yeah, this is serious shit right now. Daedalus can't keep avoiding you.

You wonder if it's because you humiliated him. That would be funny, but also pretty rude.

The domain suddenly distorts, somehow being the black void but also being something else entirely. You feel your own self change from the chaos happening around you as you hold your head from the splitting headache. You feel really sleepy.

Eventually, you give in to the power of sleep.

---

Battle Report

You now have possession of the Party Panel, Strife Deck Panel, Item Panel, and Equipment Panel. Any time you want any of them to be brought up at the end of a post, say so along with your command.

>You are going to wake up and go to classes. What would you like to do after classes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    September 2010
    1,377 Posts
    > go hang out with distant friends/visit family?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,182 Posts
    >Activate Chapter 02
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #377
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    Chapter 2 is delayed

Edited:

okay maybe not

18. Post #378
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    I thought you weren't using sprites...?

19. Post #379
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    I thought you weren't using sprites...?
    possibly reconsidering that decision

20. Post #380
    April 2011
    4,828 Posts
    possibly reconsidering that decision
    Yea; escpecially considering that we have battle decks at our disposal now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    >Be very bored and revel at the fact of how bored you are.

22. Post #382
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    Yea; escpecially considering that we have battle decks at our disposal now
    True. Also, I've got a horrible art block and having Gastric do it doesn't feel right at the moment.

So that's a bigger delay than I expected :(

23. Post #383
    IPK
    August 2012
    2,341 Posts
    I could draw while you get rid of your art block but my paint skills are not the best in the world...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

24. Post #384
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    oh my god i figured out my problem

expect the update in the next few hours

25. Post #385
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,158 Posts
    More like in a couple of minutes, thanks to moi.

26. Post #386
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts

what the heck

Fe:- Snoozing in class again I see.
    MP:- Um...
    Fe:- Is there something wrong?
    MP:- No Ms. Ferru.
    Fe:- Then why are you sleeping in class?
    MP:- ...Because I didn't get enough sleep last night?
    Fe:- Then why couldn't you sleep when you were free then?
    oh

You just said what was at the top of your head. A stupid reason but whatever.

You also realize that this is the last class you have to attend today and that Sylvia should be done too. You go to your usual meeting place with her.

Odd, she's not here. Maybe she's with Nyx instead, which is another good question. But for now...

> go hang out with distant friends/visit family?
    All distant friends and family are outside the continent. You have no time to visit them.

This now leaves you dumbstruck on what to do today. Knowing Sylvia, it is indeed very likely that she's with Nyx, so you won't have to worry about her. K has been fairly... enigmatic. It wouldn't hurt to look for her. Kaolos still has lessons to attend.

>

And the solution to all my problems is to use a lower resolution.

I took some of my free time to study other adventures and what they most had in common is a resolution lower than 800x600. I decided to follow this trend with a test panel and voila, it looks tons better and is easier to work with. It's amazing. The start panel was done before I realized this though. The lower resolution also makes sprites easier to make once I get around to finishing them.

If you think the lower resolution was a bad idea, go away.

27. Post #387
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    >Look for K

Then punch her in the boob and ask why she's being so mysterious   

28. Post #388
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    one hour into the update and power goes out

fuck everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    >Look for K

Then punch her in the boob and ask why she's being so mysterious   
    You leave into town in search of K. After much walking around, you decide that a tavern would be a great place to check. You just have that gut feeling that you'll have a good answer.

MP:- Excuse me bartender...
    Br:- Yes?
    MP:- I'm looking for a red haired woman, roughly taller than me. Know anything?
    Br:- Hmm... I probably know something. Some of my regulars came in the other night talking about this red-headed succubus in the nearby cook shop, but she left as soon as she served one customer, a student like you. The other waiters didn't know who she was. Might this be the one you're talking about?
    MP:- A student... Yeah, that's her.
    Br:- That's all I know about any red-heads. I hope that helped.
    You recall Kaolos having been gone for much longer than Sylvia was when you were in the clinic. Could it be Kaolos he's talking about. It's damn likely, that's for sure. If K took the risk of pretending to work for a cookshop just to talk to Kaolos, it's clear that he's very important to her. Why all of a sudden though is there something special going on?

Thanks for your help

You leave the tavern with this new info in mind but where to look next is out of your mind. You know what cookshop he's talking about but he says that the waiters were clueless so they won't help.

You decide to take some time to think.

>

Fucking power outs are destroying my rhythm and effort so this update is a little disappointing.

I'm gonna chill until this shit stops.

30. Post #390
    October 2011
    1,407 Posts
    You leave into town in search of K. After much walking around, you decide that a tavern would be a great place to check. You just have that gut feeling that you'll have a good answer.

What's going on with the power?

>Go find Kaolos.

You recall Kaolos having been gone for much longer than Sylvia was when you were in the clinic. Could it be Kaolos he's talking about. It's damn likely, that's for sure. If K took the risk of pretending to work for a cookshop just to talk to Kaolos, it's clear that he's very important to her. Why all of a sudden though is there something special going on?

Thanks for your help

You leave the tavern with this new info in mind but where to look next is out of your mind. You know what cookshop he's talking about but he says that the waiters were clueless so they won't help.

You decide to take some time to think.

>

Fucking power outs are destroying my rhythm and effort so this update is a little disappointing.

I'm gonna chill until this shit stops.

>Go find Kaolos.

31. Post #391
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    >Get bored and take a nap

32. Post #392
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    >Go find Kaolos.
    Eh, why not?

The time you spent walking through town should be long enough for Kaolos's lessons to be over and for him to be in his room, changing his uniform to his god awful plain shirt and pants and finishing his work and blah blah blah...

You go the the boys dormitory and make your way to Kaolos's dorm while resisting the urge to punch everyone eyeing you, specifically the ones that saw you running around with a half naked Nyx...

You knock on his door, but there's no response.

You remember back in the first few days that you were here when Kaolos still had a roommate. They suddenly moved that guy to another room and never said why. If he was still in this room, maybe there would have been a response.

Looking for people is harder than you thought.

>

There's something wrong with the power box and we're unsure how to fix it.

33. Post #393
    April 2011
    4,828 Posts
    MilkDairy, Y u rate dumb?

>return to your dorm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #394
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    >knock harder. You've got nothing better to do...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #395
    August 2010
    5,156 Posts
    >knock harder. You've got nothing better to do...
    An excellent idea.

You bang on the door while yelling stupid things at him if he really is there.

You're not in there with another girl are you?

After a while, you can hear loud and angry footsteps. Yeah, he's in there alright. Instead of opening the door though...

It reads:-

Can't hang out today. Too sick to do
    anything. Tell Sylvia and Nyx that I
    said hi.
    That's pretty direct of him.

But why didn't he just say so instead?

>

the plot [SUb]probably[/SUb] thickens

Electricity is fixed but that doesn't mean I'll do more than necessary.

36. Post #396
    January 2012
    965 Posts
    >Knock out the door, something may happen there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,572 Posts
    >Examine mannerisms of writing.

38. Post #398
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    >Knock even louder. You're still bored and have nothing to do.

Edited:

I think I'm so damn funny.    

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,182 Posts
    >Ask the Teachers or other students as to K and Nyx's Wereabouts, they have to have seen the two when you were "Asleep".

40. Post #400
    April 2011
    4,828 Posts
    >Consider that something's up.
    >Wonder if He's in there with K, or Nyx
    >Wonder if its an imposter

>If imposter, find something to ram the door down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)