1. Post #1
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    My class idea was a bit too much to handle; everyone's schedules made it damn near impossible. I'm offering tutoring for building in gmod. I can teach pretty much anything except advanced expression 2.

Thing is, my server cost money, and I usually don't have the spare cash to do so. I'll offer my services for a fee; 5 USD and i'll teach a single subject (IE how to use acf, or how to build suspension, not just a general HOW2GMOD; but I can do that if you're willing to do more subjects. We can do the sessions at any time, and it doesn't have to be done all at once, we'll be done once the client fully understands what he wanted to learn. I may be an impatient ass, but I know when not to be.

It's an odd concept, but I feel it's a productive use of my many years of gmod.

Here's some examples of my work if you don't know me:
    http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac109/XanderKarbine/Gmod 2/
    http://www.youtube.com/Amplar2

If you are interested, the easiest way to transfer funds would be paypal, or my host's Clanpay system (anything paid to that goes directly to my server).

Hit me up on steam, pm me here on fp, or just say so in the thread.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,294 Posts
    It is possible and even fun to use trial and error as well as tutorials or asking your friends to learn stuff in gmod.

Hell, you could even look at videos if contraptions until you figure out how they work, that's what I did.
    I don't think there's going to be any demand for this when people can learn it for free.

3. Post #3
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    there are a lot of things you can't learn by sight; that would be like watching martial arts and thinking you can do it

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    watching martial arts and thinking you can do it
    snicker

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Shall we place our bets on whether or not this will work? I'll put in one wrench that says it wont.

If it does work, interdasting. I wish people would just give building a shot before coming to one of us saying omg how do you build like that though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2009
    2,142 Posts
    I swear I have like eight people following me around constantly asking me how I use my walking chips or use PA like I do.

7. Post #7
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    yeah, I have that too. i'd like to help people, but i have problems with motivation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    i'll give you $5 if you teach me how to put wheels on a box

9. Post #9
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    nice

10. Post #10
    January 2005
    237 Posts

Amplar taught me how to use ACF engines and how to build tanks. He knows what he's talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2009
    3,936 Posts
    there are a lot of things you can't learn by sight; that would be like watching martial arts and thinking you can do it
    That's what commentary and annotations are for, in the case of a video tutorial.
    It doesn't compare to real-time tutoring sure, but vid tuts for fairly complex subjects are certainly possible.

12. Post #12

June 2012
    21 Posts
    will you teach how to acf tank(except for the suspension)?

EDIT:I am from Russia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2009
    184 Posts
    Amplar taught me how to use ACF engines and how to build tanks. He knows what he's talking about.
    He taught me how to make sweet sweet love....Sadly i forgot how five minutes later...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts
    teach me how mak babby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,609 Posts
    He taught me how to make sweet sweet love....Sadly i forgot how five minutes later...
    4 minutes is a long time to remember something, you did just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    I can also teach you how to do basic things. $5 for every weld made.

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I swear I have like eight people following me around constantly asking me how I use my walking chips or use PA like I do.
    charge them $5 a pop.

18. Post #18
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i'm not charging 5 bucks to teach a simple thing; i'm teaching whole things such as building tanks for acf, building an entire car, how to build effectively, etc.

Edited:

will you teach how to acf tank(except for the suspension)?

EDIT:I am from Russia
    yes, I can, and suspension is included with that; it's easier than you think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

June 2012
    21 Posts
    Ok.That's what i need.

20. Post #20
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i got your message on steam. I might not be around today- we can schedule for this weekend, perhaps. i'm usually available all hours

21. Post #21

June 2012
    21 Posts
    I don't need you today.I'll be free around end of July

22. Post #22
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    sounds fine

23. Post #23

June 2012
    21 Posts
    so we agreed to

24. Post #24
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    yeah, just let me know a day ahead of time when you want to meet up.

25. Post #25

June 2012
    21 Posts
    inform you day earlier,right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    yes

27. Post #27
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,999 Posts
    Amplar why don't you just have someone host a server for you and teach people for free?

28. Post #28

June 2012
    21 Posts
    He said he has problems with motivation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    I have a server, and not a lot of time. that would be the same of a math tutor, why not host a class and teach for free? i'm not teaching run of the mill shit you can learn off youtube. what I teach will make gmod a lot more fun for those who want to learn it.

30. Post #30
    August 2007
    229 Posts
    Good luck on this! I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from it.

31. Post #31

June 2012
    21 Posts
    Good luck on this! I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from it.
    Playboy logo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)