1. Post #1

March 2012
    202 Posts
    Is there any way to get any of the MW3 maps with a software like you would in COD4, with 3d ripper....if you can please can you try and get for me interchange....forget about placing the materials...just get me the map please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Level Design Portfolio
    November 2009
    2,040 Posts
    There are a ton of these threads in this section. There is no program to do this.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1166626

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1163925

You'll need to:

Port every model individually, Port every texture individually, and then recreate the map from scratch with brushes working from reference.

Have fun.
    You must not have seen them without various filters and effects applied then. Because they look like sin.
    It really isn't that simple. The two formats have almost nothing in common, one is mesh based (.3ds) and the other is brush based (.vmf). And that's not even putting into account all the entities in the map, textures, sprites, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2007
    4,785 Posts
    Is there any way to get any of the MW3 maps with a software like you would in COD4, with 3d ripper....if you can please can you try and get for me interchange....forget about placing the materials...just get me the map please
    learn to map, and make the map...

or you could pay one of us to do it...

Also there's a requests section, I'm glad you read things before posting.... /sarcasm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,743 Posts

Also there's a requests section, I'm glad you read things before posting.... /sarcasm
    Stop being rude

On topic:
    No I don't think there's anyway sorry apart from creating a mw3 map from scratch using similar or the same textures that you're gonna need by yourself.

I'm going to assume you have experience with hammer, this might be a big task to tackle but yeah, also the models inside the maps you're gonna need as well - again you could just find something from source and slip it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,138 Posts

Are you even a mapper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2007
    4,785 Posts
    Are you even a mapper?
    I know how to map if that's what you're asking, but what does that matter? The point is there is no way to just convert MW3 map files into .BSPs, regardless of whether I can map or not I know this information.

And to reply to the comment above yours, I was not being rude, there is a requests section for a reason, and just because I didn't sugar coat my post and simply answered the question, doesn't make me rude.

Stop being rude

On topic:
    No I don't think there's anyway sorry apart from creating a mw3 map from scratch using similar or the same textures that you're gonna need by yourself.

I'm going to assume you have experience with hammer, this might be a big task to tackle but yeah, also the models inside the maps you're gonna need as well - again you could just find something from source and slip it in.
    Yes, please make the same point I made with different phrasing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,047 Posts
    I was not being rude, there is a requests section for a reason, and just because I didn't sugar coat my post and simply answered the question, doesn't make me rude.
    You were being a sarcastic fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2007
    4,785 Posts
    You were being a sarcastic fuck.
    oh well, if he had been slightly more observant, he would've seen the requests sub-forum right next to the "new thread" tab. and who cares, It's not like all I did was give a sarcastic comment, I answered his question, who cares if I didn't explain why you can't do it, the point is, you have to know how to map, then make the map yourself.

Or is the new user with 4 posts too good to have to post in the requests section like everyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,743 Posts
    oh well, if he had been slightly more observant, he would've seen the requests sub-forum right next to the "new thread" tab. and who cares, It's not like all I did was give a sarcastic comment, I answered his question, who cares if I didn't explain why you can't do it, the point is, you have to know how to map, then make the map yourself.Or is the new user with 4 posts too good to have to post in the requests section like everyone else?
    No you were being a rude fuck to him, you just masked "fuck off and never post in here again" with your post. All you needed to say was "well the only way is to map it again and get the textures either from the game or use alternative measures etc.. Maybe request it in the request area."Seriously, he wasn't being rude, you don't have to either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2007
    4,785 Posts
    No you were being a rude fuck to him, you just masked "fuck off and never post in here again" with your post. All you needed to say was "well the only way is to map it again and get the textures either from the game or use alternative measures etc.. Maybe request it in the request area."Seriously, he wasn't being rude, you don't have to either.
    Being rude is relative to how you take it, I'm never trying to be rude to anyone who isn't rude first, and certainly my intended message I was trying to send to the OP was to point him in the right direction, I don't think I was being rude. Also, I don't think it's very pleasant to call me a "rude fuck" out of the blue, white knighting some new user who used the wrong section of the mapping forum for a post, and then I answer his question bluntly because it can be annoying to see people who can't follow instructions. But seriously, where do you get off calling me a rude fuck? If anything, you're the "rude fuck" for calling me one. have you seen me post around the forum before? I tend to be a pretty fair and nice individual. Also notice how I don't stoop to your level and start swearing all over the place too, show some formality when you're trying to prove a point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,495 Posts
    newsflash, gentlemen

it's irrelevant, no one cares
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)