1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    It hurts DirectTV way more.

Those channels are pretty much the main channels the majority watches.

Viacom doesnt need DirectTV since DirectTV doesnt exclusively air those channels and no one else does.

Viacom pretty much has DirectTV by the balls and they know this and are huge cunts.
    Maybe it does but DirecTV is still one of the most popular if not THE most popular. The drop in ratings for all those channels will be hugely substantial.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,823 Posts
    I loathe Viacom's bullshit, glad I got Direct TV.

3. Post #43
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    I hope DirecTV doesn't back down and tells Viacom to go fuck themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,045 Posts
    Oh no

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    14,326 Posts
    My Dad got DirecTV, and our box for it was installed the day after these channels were removed. Dish Network did the same thing years ago, so did Time Warner Cable, and they will eventually cave and allow the channels to be watched again. Hopefully.

6. Post #46
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,453 Posts
    "This video is private."

:geno:

7. Post #47
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    9,150 Posts
    Found a reupload

Edited:

Shit quality but you can still read it, Viacom's just shitting out libel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,585 Posts
    God damn Viacom is full of pricks, I hope Colbert Report and Futurama find a new channel to be on, so I wouldn't care what Viacom does either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #49
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,147 Posts
    What the hell the video is private but has some noise in the background, I've never seen that before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,356 Posts
    Shows can't just switch channels, they're under contract to be there more often than not.
    Pretty much "See it here or not at all."
    It's a good system until something like this happens.

I do like how Viacom's other videos fail to mention WHY DirecTV dropped them, and the video that did mention it got removed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,004 Posts
    Viacom are fucking scum, first the Youtube bullshit, now this. Christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,198 Posts
    DirecTV got a court ruling to shut off the channels, and now viacom decides to trick people into thinking DirecTV did it without notice

I read their facebook page, literally nobody is on their side, viacom are fucking idiots for thinking this was a smart move, isn't lying illegal on proportions like this? Couldn't DirecTV make some serious money and reputation out of this when viacom is found guilty of tricking customers?

Jesus christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,585 Posts
    DirecTV got a court ruling to shut off the channels, and now viacom decides to trick people into thinking DirecTV did it without notice

I read their facebook page, literally nobody is on their side, viacom are fucking idiots for thinking this was a smart move, isn't lying illegal on proportions like this? Couldn't DirecTV make some serious money and reputation out of this when viacom is found guilty of tricking customers?

Jesus christ
    DirecTV always gets shit no matter what they do. Even if it was a good thing.

14. Post #54
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,693 Posts
    What the hell the video is private but has some noise in the background, I've never seen that before.
    Unless you're talking about the static effect and not audio noise, you're late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    Found a reupload

Edited:

Shit quality but you can still read it, Viacom's just shitting out libel

Posted it in the OP. Thanks.

Also they used Jersey Shore as the poster child for MTV:

Way to represent the "Music Television".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,252 Posts
    Why are you guys taking DirecTV's side? This is happening because DirecTV threatened to stop airing Viacom channels unless they stopped giving out Comedy Central episodes for free online. As hard as it is to believe, Viacom is on the consumer's side this time. Supporting DirecTV is supporting censorship in this case.

It went like this.

1. Viacom begins posting south park episodes to southparkstudios.com and The Daily Show episodes to ComedyCentral.com
    2. DirecTV threatens to sue Viacom for "Undermining the established pay-per-channel system of television." and begins threatening to stop airing Viacom-owned channels if they don't stop "undermining direcTV's rights to profit" by giving away their TV shows for free on the internet.
    3. Viacom says "We own the rights to our shows, so we have the right to provide our shows to consumers for free."
    4. DirecTV pulls Viacom channels
    5. Viacom is sick of DirecTV bitching, so they pull their episodes off the internet so that DirecTV will stop threatening lawsuit.
    6. DirecTV pulls a total 180, retcons their entire position, pretends that the exact opposite of what really happened happened, and shifts all of the blame onto Viacom.

TL;DR DIRECTV IS SUPER-VIACOM AND YOU SHOULD ALL BE ROOTING FOR VIACOM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

17. Post #57
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    Why are you guys taking DirecTV's side? This is happening because DirecTV threatened to stop airing Viacom channels unless they stopped giving out Comedy Central episodes for free online. As hard as it is to believe, Viacom is on the consumer's side this time. Supporting DirecTV is supporting censorship in this case.

It went like this.

1. Viacom begins posting south park episodes to southparkstudios.com and The Daily Show episodes to ComedyCentral.com
    2. DirecTV
    If that was true why would Directv tell you where to watch the shows for free on their site?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    March 2010
    5,194 Posts

It went like this.

2. DirecTV threatens to sue Viacom for "Undermining the established pay-per-channel system of television." and begins threatening to stop airing Viacom-owned channels if they don't stop "undermining direcTV's rights to profit" by giving away their TV shows for free on the internet.
    3. Viacom says "We own the rights to our shows, so we have the right to provide our shows to consumers for free."
    5. Viacom is sick of DirecTV bitching, so they pull their episodes off the internet so that DirecTV will stop threatening lawsuit.
    6. DirecTV pulls a total 180, retcons their entire position, pretends that the exact opposite of what really happened happened, and shifts all of the blame onto Viacom.

If that were true, then why did Viacom pull their own online shows recently? Why didn't DirectTV not notice it until now? And why did DirectTV didn't attack FX or Cartoon Network as well? They host their own shows online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,252 Posts
    If that were true, then why did Viacom pull their own online shows recently? Why didn't DirectTV not notice it until now? And why did DirectTV didn't attack FX or Cartoon Network as well? They host their own shows online.
    A. Viacom really pulled their online shows because DirecTV threatened to sue them if they didn't. That's the entire point. However, they did it with a lot of sass to fuck with DirecTV mentally.

B. One at a time. Would you take on Viacom and CN at once?

I'm just saying that it's not as black and white as AT&T would have you think. It's two gigantic, unfeeling, greedy corporations battling it out for maximum profit. That's all. They don't give a fuck about you or your opinion. I just happen to support the position that Viacom has taken, even though it's taken it purely out of financial interest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    satalite television cool

Edited:

please bring black BET
    oh shit

21. Post #61
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    A. Viacom really pulled their online shows because DirecTV threatened to sue them if they didn't. That's the entire point. However, they did it with a lot of sass to fuck with DirecTV mentally.

B. One at a time. Would you take on Viacom and CN at once?

I'm just saying that it's not as black and white as AT&T would have you think. It's two gigantic, unfeeling, greedy corporations battling it out for maximum profit. That's all. They don't give a fuck about you or your opinion. I just happen to support the position that Viacom has taken, even though it's taken it purely out of financial interest.
    Can you link me sources to back up anything you are saying? Google hasn't provided me with anything backing you up.

22. Post #62
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,198 Posts

It went like this.

Seeing as DirecTV is offering customers with alternatives like watching episodes online, this kind of makes your argument flawed

23. Post #63
    June 2012
    505 Posts
    It's kinda funny to see the juggernaut that is Viacom, using childish youtube pop ups to ridicule the other side.

You would think they would try to be more professional and release a similar statement.

Edited:

Or just sue.
    They always sue, and that is more unprofessional.