I loathe Viacom's bullshit, glad I got Direct TV.
I hope DirecTV doesn't back down and tells Viacom to go fuck themselves.
My Dad got DirecTV, and our box for it was installed the day after these channels were removed. Dish Network did the same thing years ago, so did Time Warner Cable, and they will eventually cave and allow the channels to be watched again. Hopefully.
"This video is private."
Found a reupload
Shit quality but you can still read it, Viacom's just shitting out libel
God damn Viacom is full of pricks, I hope Colbert Report and Futurama find a new channel to be on, so I wouldn't care what Viacom does either way.
What the hell the video is private but has some noise in the background, I've never seen that before.
Shows can't just switch channels, they're under contract to be there more often than not.
Pretty much "See it here or not at all."
It's a good system until something like this happens.
I do like how Viacom's other videos fail to mention WHY DirecTV dropped them, and the video that did mention it got removed.
Viacom are fucking scum, first the Youtube bullshit, now this. Christ.
DirecTV got a court ruling to shut off the channels, and now viacom decides to trick people into thinking DirecTV did it without notice
I read their facebook page, literally nobody is on their side, viacom are fucking idiots for thinking this was a smart move, isn't lying illegal on proportions like this? Couldn't DirecTV make some serious money and reputation out of this when viacom is found guilty of tricking customers?
Why are you guys taking DirecTV's side? This is happening because DirecTV threatened to stop airing Viacom channels unless they stopped giving out Comedy Central episodes for free online. As hard as it is to believe, Viacom is on the consumer's side this time. Supporting DirecTV is supporting censorship in this case.
It went like this.
1. Viacom begins posting south park episodes to southparkstudios.com and The Daily Show episodes to ComedyCentral.com
2. DirecTV threatens to sue Viacom for "Undermining the established pay-per-channel system of television." and begins threatening to stop airing Viacom-owned channels if they don't stop "undermining direcTV's rights to profit" by giving away their TV shows for free on the internet.
3. Viacom says "We own the rights to our shows, so we have the right to provide our shows to consumers for free."
4. DirecTV pulls Viacom channels
5. Viacom is sick of DirecTV bitching, so they pull their episodes off the internet so that DirecTV will stop threatening lawsuit.
6. DirecTV pulls a total 180, retcons their entire position, pretends that the exact opposite of what really happened happened, and shifts all of the blame onto Viacom.
TL;DR DIRECTV IS SUPER-VIACOM AND YOU SHOULD ALL BE ROOTING FOR VIACOM
B. One at a time. Would you take on Viacom and CN at once?
I'm just saying that it's not as black and white as AT&T would have you think. It's two gigantic, unfeeling, greedy corporations battling it out for maximum profit. That's all. They don't give a fuck about you or your opinion. I just happen to support the position that Viacom has taken, even though it's taken it purely out of financial interest.
satalite television cool
please bring black BET