1. Post #2881
    My boyfriend has that one Razer mouse with a keypad on it's side
    I cannot imagine working with something like that, that's way too many buttons for a mouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2882
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,020 Posts
    Well, that one wasn't out when I got my G9 But yeah, get a G9x instead of that one bazillion button with macro-fad-thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

3. Post #2883
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    786 Posts
    I cannot imagine working with something like that, that's way too many buttons for a mouse.
    Razer Naga. It's pretty useful if you use applications that utilise the numpad or number keys, but it's pretty useless for gaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2884
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,282 Posts
    Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to do a photoshop with that mouse + a keyboard with keys from 1-6 and below it (So Y, H and N would be in, maybe U, J and M too.) so it would look like a mouse with a keyboard attached to it for extreme gayming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

5. Post #2885
    I love this computer so much. I never imagined games could ever be this beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

6. Post #2886
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,254 Posts
    I got one a few years back, it was neat but swapping the batteries every 8 hours got annoying and it doesn't have onboard memory so you can't take your profiles with you (something I use as I take my mouse with me) so I replaced it with a G700 and sold it to a friend for $60, never looked back. Apparently the sensor died on him about a month after that, though he's not exactly a careful person.
    oh, the g700 has about everything I look for

cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2887
    December 2009
    8,714 Posts
    I would just trigger every button accidentally every few seconds. I'v noticed that i grip the mouse pretty hard when there is a tense moment in a game, So i would probably trigger all kinds of shit by using that

Nah, 2 topside program buttons is enough for me....with 2 on the keyboard....and 3 on the headset

Actually, some more buttons might be nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #2888
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Get a microsoft arc touch, it's so good it combines the best controls (touch!) with extremely high latency wireless while having no grip at all, I don't regret buying this at all.

Edited:

3 on the headset
    This doesn't sound useful at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #2889
    June 2010
    9,083 Posts
    I like my Arc touch mouse, I use it with my laptop. Obviously not a gaming mouse by any means, but it's very nice for everything else. Light gaming is also possible, it certainly beats the touch pad in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #2890
    December 2009
    8,714 Posts

This doesn't sound useful at all.
    It's surprisingly useful actually. Apart from volume control, i got backward on media players (mostly spotify), audio mute and one unused. Mic mute got a separate button
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

11. Post #2891
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    I like my Arc touch mouse, I use it with my laptop. Obviously not a gaming mouse by any means, but it's very nice for everything else. Light gaming is also possible, it certainly beats the touch pad in my opinion.
    I only keep it because it looks good, seems to last forever on one charge and good wireless mice are expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2892
    June 2010
    9,083 Posts
    I keep it in my pocket when I have my laptop with me, heh. Also a good conversation starter, because it's so unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2893
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Those look really uncomfortable to use.
    Are they just something to get used to or what?

14. Post #2894
    June 2010
    9,083 Posts
    You get a bit confused as to where your thumb needs to go but it's something you forget about quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2895
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,020 Posts
    I love this computer so much. I never imagined games could ever be this beautiful.
    Got myself a new computer this week, and holy fuck, gaming is so much better when your fps is 60, not 30 and below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

16. Post #2896
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,068 Posts
    Just plugged in my netbook as it was only on 10% battery remaining, said it was going to take 11 hours to charge.

What?!

now (less than a minute later) it's saying 1 hr 36. Computers are weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #2897
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    Gah, why am i so poor, i want an ivy bridge rig!

18. Post #2898
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Gah, why am i so poor, i want an ivy bridge rig!
    I regret going Ivy to some extent, wish I'd have just paid the extra 100 and gone with 2011 (i7 3820), 3570k blows away my 1090T but I dunno, going from 6 to 4 cores, regardless of speed just sits strangely in my head, I know that the 4-cores on this is faster than all 6 on the AMD but it doesn't feel right dammit.
    2011 is so large, has that dapper quad-channel RAM layout and I can say "X79 baby", although the HD4000 is a real life saver so far.

19. Post #2899
    It's surprisingly useful actually. Apart from volume control, i got backward on media players (mostly spotify), audio mute and one unused. Mic mute got a separate button
    And using buttons on the outside of your headset looks cool as hell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #2900
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    I regret going Ivy to some extent, wish I'd have just paid the extra 100 and gone with 2011 (i7 3820), 3570k blows away my 1090T but I dunno, going from 6 to 4 cores, regardless of speed just sits strangely in my head, I know that the 4-cores on this is faster than all 6 on the AMD but it doesn't feel right dammit.
    2011 is so large, has that dapper quad-channel RAM layout and I can say "X79 baby", although the HD4000 is a real life saver so far.
    I wonder what it would be like going from a q6600 at 3GHZ to a 3570k

21. Post #2901
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Is it 2011 or 1155 that's now 'dead'? I thought it was 1155 and 2011 still had the 22nm 6 and 8 cores coming out soonish, but someone said otherwise.
    On another note, we should get a H&S post yourself going, I'd like to see who I'm speaking to, it'll probably end up with loads of pictures of BRT though.

22. Post #2902
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,586 Posts
    I use the CPU cooler on the top for my i7.

Because I had no Idea what I as doing, when I built my pc.

Atleast it works.
    Wait, what's wrong with the stock cooler that Intel ships? I get good temperatures on mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #2903
    "CERTIFIED" SYSTEMS BUILDER
    June 2007
    2,645 Posts
    And using buttons on the outside of your headset looks cool as hell
    Are we talking about the G930/G35? I have a G930 and it's the best headset I've ever owned, although the fake leather on the earcups started to crack about a month ago (16 months after I got it) so I opened a Logitech support ticket and asked for replacement pads, but they wanted to replace the whole thing (but they covered shipping via a prepaid UPS label), so I sent it off and just got the replacement Tuesday, the whole process taking under 2 weeks. I'm on vacation now so I had a friend grab it for me until I'm back.

Edited:

Wait, what's wrong with the stock cooler that Intel ships? I get good temperatures on mine.
    Because a $30 aftermarket one will drop your temps by another 10-20 degrees C (more if you're really pushing an OC and use good paste like MX-4)

24. Post #2904
    I went from a stock Q6600 to a 2600k.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2905
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,130 Posts
    I went from stock Q6600 to 3570K.
    Doesn't make much difference than going from a GTX 460 to GTX 670.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #2906
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,924 Posts
    I went from a stock Q6600 to a 2600k.

Pretty much sums what it was like to go from a Pentium III to a 2500k for me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

27. Post #2907
    I dunno, but going from a Core 2 Duo to an IB i7 is pretty fucking sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2908
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,684 Posts
    Athlon XP 2000+ to a Q6600.
    It was quite awesome.
    Soon I will be going from a Q6600 to either an Ivy i7 or 2x SB-EP Xeon. It will be quite awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

29. Post #2909
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts

Ok steam whatever you say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

30. Post #2910
    August 2008
    14,684 Posts

Ok steam whatever you say.
    How...

31. Post #2911
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,072 Posts
    Is it 2011 or 1155 that's now 'dead'? I thought it was 1155 and 2011 still had the 22nm 6 and 8 cores coming out soonish, but someone said otherwise.
    On another note, we should get a H&S post yourself going, I'd like to see who I'm speaking to, it'll probably end up with loads of pictures of BRT though.
    I too thought about getting a 2011 3930k which has 6 cores.
    Im going to buy one later maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

32. Post #2912
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    Including the terapixel BRT?

33. Post #2913
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Noone embed terapixel BRT, It'll crash my tethering!

34. Post #2914
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    Someone should attempt a yottapixel BRT.

My 6GB of ram and triple core athlon II barely managed the terapixel one.

35. Post #2915
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,509 Posts
    Someone should attempt a yottapixel BRT.

My 6GB of ram and triple core athlon II barely managed the terapixel one.
    it's like you want to burn the world

are you a sadistic toaster

Edited:

My Facebook's linked under my avatar, and last I checked almost everything about it was public. Shouldn't be hard to find my ugly mug somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

36. Post #2916
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    I just look like a generic 17 year old

37. Post #2917
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,845 Posts
    My Facebook's linked under my avatar, and last I checked almost everything about it was public. Shouldn't be hard to find my ugly mug somewhere.
    And I have my Google+ under my avatar because I'm hip and cool like that (not)

38. Post #2918
    August 2008
    14,684 Posts
    And I have my Google+ under my avatar because I'm hip and cool like that (not)
    Put your facebook there too. You have it and use it. Only people who could think less of you would be elitist bastards.

39. Post #2919
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,845 Posts
    Put your facebook there too. You have it and use it. Only people who could think less of you would be elitist bastards.
    Not sure I'd call spamming links from Reddit and Facepunch "using Facebook", but sure.

40. Post #2920
    August 2008
    14,684 Posts
    Not sure I'd call spamming links from Reddit and Facepunch "using Facebook", but sure.
    It's what you make of it.
    Even if you greentext on Facebook.