1. Post #3201

April 2010
    2,739 Posts
    Found this on craigslist

"given to me from a friend"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

2. Post #3202
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,765 Posts
    Can't you even get it into recovery mode?
    I can't get into recovery mode but I can get into download mode. So now I shall now be spending my lunch break at school de-bricking this fucking thing. Fuck you phone, I will beat you. Cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #3203
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,636 Posts
    If you can get into download mode then your phone is far from bricked. Odin is like, the best thing to happen to android. That and Jelly Bean.

I've been sitting on a pair of G.Skill 2GB Ripjaws DDR3-1333 sticks that i had assumed were dysfunctional since they caused instability. Turns out i only needed to update my BIOS to make them work properly. And i've had these things since november '11, just never decided to RMA them.

Yay 6GB of RAM instead of 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3204
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,405 Posts
    The panel fan on my PC seems to be stopping and starting every once in a while. is this normal? y/n

Edited:

i dunno if it's normal because i just got it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3205
    Switch(config)#
    October 2007
    3,699 Posts
    So I just sat here for a good 2-3 minutes pressing the power button a customer's netbook, trying to get it to boot up. I guessed that the battery was dead and it needed charging so I let it sit for a few minutes. I come back and it's still not powering on.

Because I wasn't pressing the power button I was pressing something else.

damnit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #3206
    August 2008
    14,765 Posts
    Got into clockwork. Fuck yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

7. Post #3207
    I need a codec pack. What's the best one floating around these days?

8. Post #3208
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,158 Posts
    I need a codec pack. What's the best one floating around these days?
    For what? Playing media files? Check out LAV audio and video decoders.

Edited:

Also MPc-HC for a proper media player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

9. Post #3209
    I deny that I'm a Weebo Warrior
    September 2011
    4,641 Posts
    Back from moving house. Hur-fucking-rah.
    Also. LOOK WHAT I GOT.

IBM = Intel Celeron 360 M 1.4Ghz, 256MB DDR 40GB Toshiba HDD and has no OS.

Advent(rebranded ECS 321 series) = Intel Celeron 370 M 1.5Ghz 1GB DDR 40GB Hitatchi HDD and as you can see XP SP2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #3210
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    Found this on craigslist

"given to me from a friend"
    I think he means unlock as in if you have a Verizon phone you unlock it to use it on all of the carriers instead of just Verizon...

Not unlock as in he doesn't know the password.

I could be misunderstanding, but I am pretty sure that is what that means.

11. Post #3211
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,304 Posts
    I think he means unlock as in if you have a Verizon phone you unlock it to use it on all of the carriers instead of just Verizon...
    s.

I could be misunderstanding, but I am pretty sure that is what that mean
    have a Verizon phone you unlock it to use it on all of the carriers instead of just Verizon...
    have a Verizon phone you unlock it
    Verizon phone unlock
    Best joke of the year, unlocking a Verizon phone

For those that doesn't get it, Verizon phones activates by ESN and doesn't even have a sim card slot.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #3212
    August 2008
    14,765 Posts
    Hahahahahaha.
    I get home, about to finish fixing the SGS and there's a package on my desk with my Nexus S in it. I knew this would happen. Best timing ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #3213
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,325 Posts

I could be misunderstanding, but I am pretty sure that is what that means.
    the joke is the
    'friend" bit

cough cough stolen

14. Post #3214
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,915 Posts
    or his friends are assholes

15. Post #3215
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    My headphones gave me earwounds because that... inner ear bridge thing is sticking out in my ear
    So that part of my ear is always getting friction, not my ear shell

This has always happened to me with all headphones, why me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3216
    My script for the Dxtory video I'm working on

http://twitpic.com/aisfqd/full
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #3217
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,551 Posts
    or his friends are assholes
    or don't understand how carrier locking works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

18. Post #3218
    I sound so dry in my recording, but I might put some music on it or something. It sounds pretty neat though. I sound like I'm a pro :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #3219
    "CERTIFIED" SYSTEMS BUILDER
    June 2007
    2,647 Posts
    Damn, OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD): $189.99 + free shipping. I spent $10 less for a Crucial m4 of the same size less than a month ago.

20. Post #3220

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    The panel fan on my PC seems to be stopping and starting every once in a while. is this normal? y/n

Edited:

i dunno if it's normal because i just got it
    Probably. Is the fan making a nasty noise or anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #3221
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,953 Posts
    Well this is great. My SGS Fucking nuked itself and now it won't boot. Just burnt the bridge between me and phones entirely. Why the fuck can't I get a phone that works?
    Did it just stop turning on at all?
    Because that's what happened to me about two weeks ago

Edited:

I can't get into recovery mode but I can get into download mode. So now I shall now be spending my lunch break at school de-bricking this fucking thing. Fuck you phone, I will beat you. Cunt.
    Didn't see that post
    Its really easy to fix it with Odin, as long as you can get into download mode your phone is always fixable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

22. Post #3222
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    7,215 Posts
    Looking at sploshing some dosh on another SSD to upgrade my 60gb Agility 3 (which I'll probably stick in my laptop), got about 80 to spend max. There's either the Samsung 830 128gb, or the Vertex 4 128gb. How do the two compare? If there's a clear winner I'll order it off Prime in time for Windows 8 on Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #3223
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    I don't know about OCZs newer SSDs but their older ones were plagued with issues and I don't trust them anymore, I'd go with Samsung if you want reliability, and the speed difference should be negligible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3224
    August 2008
    14,765 Posts
    Did it just stop turning on at all?
    Because that's what happened to me about two weeks ago

Edited:

Didn't see that post
    Its really easy to fix it with Odin, as long as you can get into download mode your phone is always fixable
    Not gonna bother. I'm certain the NAND is fucked. I couldn't write anything, I could only read with the speedmod CWM kernel and no other kernel could even see the partitions. Doesn't matter, got my Nexus S anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #3225
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,405 Posts
    Probably. Is the fan making a nasty noise or anything?
    actually i found out by sticking a small amount of string (just enough to touch the fan) that it was continuously going, but appeared to be stopping because of the pulsating lights.

Edited:

i also found out that 2 9800gt's in SLI are decent enough to run BF3 at ultra, play-ably, at my monitor's resolution of 1366x768 :I

26. Post #3226

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    actually i found out by sticking a small amount of string (just enough to touch the fan) that it was continuously going, but appeared to be stopping because of the pulsating lights.

Edited:

i also found out that 2 9800gt's in SLI are decent enough to run BF3 at ultra, play-ably, at my monitor's resolution of 1366x768 :I
    I can do it at 1080p with a single 460 and a Q6600, which gets about 30-40fps.

27. Post #3227
    Finally!!! 8gb G.skill sniper kits are on newegg. Not 1.25v though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231610
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #3228
    Switch(config)#
    October 2007
    3,699 Posts
    Me at work:

"Let me check our knowledgebase to see if we documentation on this error"

www.google.com

Also this:

Gotta love it when random people from High School seek you out for their computer problems.

GASP NOW YOU ALL KNOW MY TRUE IDENTITY. Hit me up on Facebook if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

29. Post #3229
    Zourdos is a fucking awesome last name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

30. Post #3230
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    So EVGA sent my RMA today, they've sent my 5 emails at different intervals (two this morning, two this afternoon and just now another one) telling me they've sent it, also the tracking says the weight is 3.54kg which is strange considering they way 700grams each, so what the fuck have they sent me?

31. Post #3231
    Gold Member

July 2005
    3,180 Posts
    I did what the manual for my motherboard said, and it was wrong. I apparently had a shit load more ram than it let me use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,139 Posts
    So EVGA sent my RMA today, they've sent my 5 emails at different intervals (two this morning, two this afternoon and just now another one) telling me they've sent it, also the tracking says the weight is 3.54kg which is strange considering they way 700grams each, so what the fuck have they sent me?

Don't fuss over the weight. Apparently, my little right angle power connector that's an inch long and came in an envelope was 5 pounds and my laptop which weighs 8 pounds by itself was 9 including the AC adapter and box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

33. Post #3233
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Don't fuss over the weight. Apparently, my little right angle power connector that's an inch long and came in an envelope was 5 pounds and my laptop which weighs 8 pounds by itself was 9 including the AC adapter and box.
    The last time this happened I got free headphones worth $1300, lightning might strike twice (unlikely).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #3234
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,949 Posts
    The last time this happened I got free headphones worth $1300, lightning might strike twice (unlikely).
    Holy shit.

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,292 Posts
    Wait you got to keep them?

Nice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

36. Post #3236
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Wait you got to keep them?

Nice!
    Aye, they didn't even seem to care, that's what got my foot in the door for reviewing audio equipment.

37. Post #3237
    Dual 690's are on the way to David, I bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #3238
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,292 Posts
    Aye, they didn't even seem to care, that's what got my foot in the door for reviewing audio equipment.
    Yeah, last time it was 1300$, now it is 2000$ and then one day you might get a million.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

39. Post #3239
    April 2011
    3,176 Posts
    I want to review shit. But I'd need to buy my own stuff for the first, like, 50k subscribers. Which would take a few years. And I can't afford to buy new shit once a week for a few years

40. Post #3240
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    Just ordered this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)