1. Post #6201
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    There's a lot of stuff in CAP.
    Actually it's one of the few reasons left as to why I can still be arsed to play GMod.
    Its a great addon, but wow, its massive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #6202
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,945 Posts
    Its a great addon, but wow, its massive.
    At the end of the day, ~2,5gb isn't that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #6203
    Waiting for con to start and there's a chick with fucking homestuck horns here
    help I am afraid they're gonna tell me bout homestuck

blogpunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #6204
    April 2011
    1,366 Posts
    I don't think I've ever seriously tried spacebuild so you guys have to teach me. One question though, is it going to be a private server?
    Yknow what, Ive never tried spacebuld in my entire life, Can you guys teach me, even though I am more if a sipwicket more than anyone else on this specific thread? Anyways you guys could just watch me crash and burn everytime I try to build a helpless ship that will possibly get me nowhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #6205
    September 2007
    16,945 Posts
    SBEP makes building the ship itself really easy, all you do is pick a couple of pieces, slap them together with the connector tool, you put a chair that's a vehicle in the cockpit, spawn a gyropod, put it in the middle of the ship, wire it up and you're moving, it's super simple.
    After that you can focus on making the thing actually survive in space.

I'll give beginners a hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #6206
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    SBEP makes building the ship itself really easy, all you do is pick a couple of pieces, slap them together with the connector tool, you put a chair that's a vehicle in the cockpit, spawn a gyropod, put it in the middle of the ship, wire it up and you're moving, it's super simple.

<3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #6207
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    I need to have a fiddle with E2. I wonder if I can get a basic text parser working.

Edited:

Obviously so I can run my ship on DOS.

8. Post #6208
    April 2011
    1,366 Posts

Thanks fo the tip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #6209
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #6210
    con blogpunch 2 out of nowhere a pretty Kitana appears, and the two cosplayers I'm with become amazingly socially awkward. One of them gets a picture with her, tho.

Also there are stands selling pirated games and it makes me sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

11. Post #6211
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,792 Posts
    Nah, I think Valve could do something cool with that, besides, it's literally the first thing we've seen of that project, compare the first thing they showed us of TF2 to what it is now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #6212
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,143 Posts
    So now my Server boots for hours every time I run dcpromo and then is stuck at a black screen with only a mouse forever, tried reinstalling WS2008R2 several times, and it always worked fine before I installed AD.
    Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

13. Post #6213
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,667 Posts
    Nah, I think Valve could do something cool with that, besides, it's literally the first thing we've seen of that project, compare the first thing they showed us of TF2 to what it is now.
    Yeah, the first we saw of TF2 was practically a different product, so let's just wait till they revise it completely and build something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #6214
    January 2012
    10,792 Posts
    Yeah, the first we saw of TF2 was practically a different product, so let's just wait till they revise it completely and build something else.
    That's what I'm saying, they wont release it until they've got something good.

15. Post #6215
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,809 Posts
    So I built another i5-2500 rig for another audio related project and bought a cheapass Corsair Nova 2 SSD for it. (For reliability in crap on-the-road conditions, not speed)

I need an SSD for my main machine now, it's insanely fast and it's not even a top spec SSD. Far from it. ._.
    Boot up from cold in under 18 seconds with windows 7, most of that time is the BIOS getting to grips with its existence.

Speaking of reliability, I'm not too sure I trust Intel's push-pin heatsink mounting system for a system that will get thrown about a bit. I know the stock heatsink is fairly light but those pins look feeble. I might pull it apart and put some bolts through the motherboard (With appropriate washers and nylon locknuts of course) - AMD's camlock system is far superior.

16. Post #6216
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    The Intel heatsink mounts scare me, I always worry about putting too much pressure on it and busting the clip.

17. Post #6217
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,953 Posts
    The Intel heatsink mounts scare me, I always worry about putting too much pressure on it and busting the clip.
    Oh god this so much
    It takes so much force and it feels like it's going to snap from a light touch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6218
    August 2009
    9,390 Posts
    You can get heatsinks for Intels sockets where the heatsink screws into a backplate. I've only seen it on prebuilt heatsinks though.

19. Post #6219
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,550 Posts
    Wait, this Spacebuild server's going to be Spacebuild 3 innit

fuck, I haven't played since SB2, i wonder if I can rebuild Spaceboat...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

20. Post #6220
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    Wait, this Spacebuild server's going to be Spacebuild 3 innit

fuck, I haven't played since SB2, i wonder if I can rebuild Spaceboat...
    Yup, I'll be giving up my hover ball addiction and I'm going to try and get my shuttle to self upright with a few delta chips.
    Also I'm trying my hand at writing a simple DRADIS system with an E2 and a digital screen.

21. Post #6221
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    how do you report someone?

22. Post #6222
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    how do you report someone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

23. Post #6223
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,667 Posts
    Oh god this so much
    It takes so much force and it feels like it's going to snap from a light touch
    I didn't have a problem with it when I installed mine. Took like 30 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #6224

April 2011
    4,517 Posts
    You can get heatsinks for Intels sockets where the heatsink screws into a backplate. I've only seen it on prebuilt heatsinks though.
    I've seen quite a few waterblocks do this.

25. Post #6225
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,953 Posts
    And I'm not even uploading yet since my ADSL is getting activated tomorrow.

I was thinking about the list of addons, so far the list looks like this:
    Code:
    Carter's addon pack http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/carterspack/
    SBEP http://spacebuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sbep/
    Wiremod
    Adv Dupe
    Spacebuild3 (LifeSupport3 etc.) http://spacebuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sb3/spacebuild/
    GravityHull http://gravityhull.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    Smart constraint
    Easy precision
    Pewpew
    I'll make SBEP work, apparently you just need to make stuff lowercase and that's just some basic Linux magic that I'll work out fast.
    I'd recommend getting Advanced Duplicator 2, it's much better than the first one http://advdupe2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Also prop protection
    http://falcospropprotection.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

26. Post #6226
    If I got those two asus monitors for the sides, can someone link me to a triple monitor stand that can handle a center 30?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #6227
    September 2007
    16,945 Posts
    I had a quick visit to the Mods and Addons section, haven't been there in a long while.
    I want to put a gun to my head and pull the fucking trigger, that place is worse than Gamespot's forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #6228
    Oh wait shit.

I calculated the pixel pitch and one of those 27"er koreans is effectively like a 29.5" equivilent. I have .2525 pixel pitch on my 30, but the 27"s are .2331, which I thought would be a big deal, but over the whole panel the diagonal is only half an inch or so off. I could live with that, and I could play games windowed fine.

I just need to find a method to calculate the height difference.

Edited:

Here is a visualizer thanks to an online calculator:

Edited:

The difference seems much bigger. Am I missing something?

29. Post #6229
    October 2008
    14,550 Posts
    I had a quick visit to the Mods and Addons section, haven't been there in a long while.
    I want to put a gun to my head and pull the fucking trigger, that place is worse than Gamespot's forums.
    good fucking shit those bastards made a rape SWEP

i don't know what to say here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6230
    August 2009
    9,390 Posts
    good fucking shit those bastards made a rape SWEP

i don't know what to say here
    Oh god, you cannot be serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6231
    Link to rape swep please

32. Post #6232
    October 2008
    14,550 Posts
    I am unbelievably sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

33. Post #6233
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    brt what website is that calculator on?

34. Post #6234
    August 2009
    9,390 Posts
    Of all the things they could come up with...

35. Post #6235
    brt what website is that calculator on?
    http://tvcalculator.com/

My hope is that they would be very close, but simply doing the vague screensize is bringing up diff results
    I need to look at pixel pitch calculators.

36. Post #6236
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,846 Posts
    you honestly can't be surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #6237
    August 2009
    9,390 Posts
    you honestly can't be surprised.
    I don't go to that section.

38. Post #6238
    Went to the Gamestop to pick up some extra controllers for my Gamecube (I only have one right now, wanted more in case I have people over). They were having a buy-two-get-two-free sale on GC games - picked up Double Dash, PN 03, Timesplitters 2 and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, plus a memory card, one original GC controller and two weird Gamestop-brand ones for like $100, total.

Between those, Melee, the first two Metroid Primes, Resident Evil 4, both Pikmins, Ocarina of Time, Twin Snakes, a Megaman collection and Sonic collection, I've pretty much got a full Gamecube library. Just looking for Windwaker, Soul Calibur 2 and Okami to complete the collection. And maybe I'll pick up some GBA games - I've got the GBA Player on my 'cube.

And every time I visit Gamestop, their PC section shrinks more and more. It was down to three shelves, with one whole shelf for the Diablo "war chest" and Diablo 3. I don't even know why they bother at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #6239
    January 2012
    10,792 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I have SC2 around here some where, probably missing the manual though.

40. Post #6240
    Amazon has the monitors and lists them as 22"ers and also are prime so I could get them wednesday for free, or teusday for $7.98. $290 for two of them.

Should I do it?

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS229H-P-...eywords=vh229h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)