1. Post #1
    May 2012
    676 Posts
    Nine police officers have been injured dealing with trouble following the passing of a Protestant parade through the Catholic Ardoyne area in north Belfast.

Their injuries are not believed to be serious.
    Petrol bombs and bricks have been thrown at police by nationalists and loyalists.

Police have responded by using water cannons to contain the crowds. Six plastic bullets have been fired.
    There have been two arrests although police expect more to follow.

Three cars have also been hijacked and two of them pushed at police. At least one of them has been set alight.
    Police are continuing to deal with "significant disorder" in the nationalist Brompton Park and Balhom Road areas in north Belfast.

A short distance away police were attacked with bricks and bottles thrown by loyalists on the Crumlin Road near the junction with Hesketh Road.
    On the other side of the Ardoyne flashpoint zone at Twaddell Avenue, bricks and bottles were also thrown at police by loyalists.

The senior police officer in charge of the security operation in north Belfast, Assistant Chief Constable Will Kerr urged "individuals and communities" affected to respond to developing events in a "calm and responsible manner".
    "Violence has serious and unwanted consequences for us all and we will robustly investigate all incidents of disorder," he said.

Some nationalists object to the parade which marks William III's victory at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690.
    Earlier, 24 Orange Order marchers completed a parade past the area.

The trouble broke out after Protestant Orangemen, who are members of north Belfast lodges, walked past a row of shops in the Catholic area.
    A protest by Catholic residents to show their opposition to the Orangemen walking through the area was held along with a parade by the group Greater Ardoyne Residents Coalition (GARC).

"The Greater Ardoyne Residents Coalition parade was delayed at Estoril Park by agreement due to a public safety issue caused by the significant disorder and a burning vehicle," said ACC Kerr
    "Once this was cleared, the GARC parade continued on to the Crumlin Road.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18823292

Shit, this really doesn't need to be restarting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    sorry restarting what? you think this would restart the troubles? get a clue kid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,221 Posts
    sorry restarting what? you think this would restart the troubles? get a clue kid
    I'm sure there are a million better ways to reword that to not be nearly as rude as it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2012
    211 Posts
    I went to the 12th parades, even though I'm not protestant. They're the same every year; boring as fuck. I just went because my mates wanted me to. Catholics always start trouble. Not one parade has gone by without some trouble from each side.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    I went to the 12th parades, even though I'm not protestant. They're the same every year; boring as fuck. I just went because my mates wanted me to. Catholics always start trouble. Not one parade has gone by without some trouble from each side.
    yeah protestants march through a predominantly catholic area on 12th of july singing of the battle of the boyne and it's them catholics starting the shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,356 Posts
    i think most these people just look for a reason to get rowdy or pissed off or have a scrap. religion or nationalism they just want to cause shit

7. Post #7
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Why are you always so rude

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Why are you always so rude
    He's Parket Jones.

I'm surprised he even has time to post considering how he basically spends his entire day rustling jimmies on tgstation.

9. Post #9

June 2012
    396 Posts
    i think most these people just look for a reason to get rowdy or pissed off or have a scrap. religion or nationalism they just want to cause shit
    Nah imo. Although I'm not from NI, I've read enough to tell that religious/nationalist tensions run deep. Regardless of how stupid they are (and they're usually p. stupid), they're there as motivation.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Actually nevermind his second to last ban was "Trolling - next ban is a perma" and his most recent one is for twelve hours. That should be corrected soon.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    pretty much every 12th of july i can remember has had incidents like this, you would need to have next to no idea of what's happening in NI to misinterpret this lol - nevermind think its an indication of the troubles rebooting???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)