1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    Deleted until more content is available.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb x 8Funny x 2Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    264 Posts
    Are you using a base for this game mode or is it being done from scratch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    The entire gamemode is from scratch.

I have a full dev team and I am looking for more talented people to join the team. Active devs that see the game to the end will be rewarded. Also including exclusive access to the game before its released.

Jump in our teamspeak and Ill talk to anyone thats interested to be a part of the team.

I am looking for someone to join the team that enjoys modeling and making entities. I would also enjoy to have some concept artists on the team.

4. Post #4
    February 2012
    23 Posts
    Sounds like a great mod! Would love to see some screenshots of what you have!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    your website...
    am i back in the 90s???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny x 10Dumb x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I think I remember reading about this a few weeks ago. You wanted it to be like Morrowind, I think?

Good luck with it anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,650 Posts
    Is the map size limit going to be big enough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    193 Posts
    Forums are broken; Don't use phpbb, there are way better forum software's out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    257 Posts
    Forums are broken; Don't use phpbb, there are way better forum software's out there.
    MyBB Is awesome.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    Forums are broken

Forums are not broken, the background needs to be adjusted and the colors need to be organized better. I also need a better banner for the website. The names of the sections could be thought out better. Now look at all those suggestions I just made for myself.

Dont use phpbb

Why should I not use phpbb? Are you suggesting I just trust your opinion and switch to a different software that you haven't even bothered to suggest?

There are better forum software's out there. <-- That right there is a statement, not a suggestion or idea. You couldnt bother to name 1 software that you thought would be better.

Here's a good example to make a suggestion

Is the map size limit going to be big enough? -nick_9_8

The way that I have designed the game-play with the map I plan on having will offer players a diverse way to play the game.

There are multiple cities within the map the player can travel to. Between being in the city you will also discover caves and other places to explore.

The grid in Hammer Editor offers me enough room to make a full designed world. I can create a "wilderness" section that is the size of the hammer grid. With the skybox being at a lower height than most maps I can utilize the rest of the grid to create multiple places for the player to travel to. Doing it that way would only have me create doors that teleport players to different parts of the map, for the player to travel between. Having multiple servers with "different" parts of the "world", I can expand my ideas further. This is what I hope to be able to accomplish.

Edited to be less of a rant. /dev/ was somewhat right.

Im going to update the content information more tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    i hope you know that brush/entity limits might prevent you from making your dream map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12

May 2011
    17 Posts
    Forums are broken
    Dont use phpbb

Why should I not use phpbb? Are you suggesting I just trust your opinion and switch to a different software that you haven't even bothered to suggest?

There are better forum software's out there. <-- That right there is a statement, not a suggestion or idea. You couldnt bother to name 1 software that you thought would be better.
    Rolling a few off the top of my head: vBulliten, iPB. These both cost a fair amount of money, mind you.

13. Post #13
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    Forums are broken

shitty rant about pointless things snipped....
    ok so you just made yourself look like a total smartass and a dick
    good luck getting help from facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    jesus christ webdesign
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    March 2012
    2,614 Posts
    Yeah for this map you plan on making. Entity limit is no longer an issue in gmod13. However brushs and the light maps are limited. You will hit limits. Imo make a couple of servers with 1 per territory.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    Guys if you think my webdesign is shit please say what is making it shit. I dont know what to fix if you dont tell me what you think is wrong or missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    The fact that it looks like a 90's website.

Learn2webdesign or hire someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    If your referring to the brown and black rows where the buttons sit, then I agree. They are completely horrid.

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    24 Posts
    This looks very promising, avoid responding to general Facepunch hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    Im starting to learn that fast pirate. Ill have the page updated soon.

21. Post #21
    May 2010
    1,087 Posts
    never mind

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    The website has been updated.

The logo has been refined.

I have also converted the server to Gmod13beta. If you plan on signing up for alpha testing, then be sure to get it.

Im still looking for someone with great orginizational skills. Someone who can sit with us in teamspeak and orginize ideas over a google doc.

There is also a story and npc dialogue writer position.
    In this position you would be writing missions and thier dialogue.
    Creating names for characters, and their races and placement in the world.
    You will also be invited to help create the main storyline and lore for the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2012
    63 Posts
    The website has been updated.

The logo has been refined.

I have also converted the server to Gmod13beta. If you plan on signing up for alpha testing, then be sure to get it.

Im still looking for someone with great orginizational skills. Someone who can sit with us in teamspeak and orginize ideas over a google doc.

There is also a story and npc dialogue writer position.
    In this position you would be writing missions and thier dialogue.
    Creating names for characters, and their races and placement in the world.
    You will also be invited to help create the main storyline and lore for the game.
    Story and npc dialogue sounds interesting but I suck so, meh.

Oh and good luck with this, sounds interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    Yeah for this map you plan on making. Entity limit is no longer an issue in gmod13. However brushs and the light maps are limited. You will hit limits. Imo make a couple of servers with 1 per territory.
    Yes there are limits, and I am aware of it. I say typically you would hit the brush face limit before hitting the brush limit. I plan on optimizing the map by separating the "areas" in a way where most brushes can be func_detail. Not many brushes would have to be world geometry. Separating the actual cities with the wilderness through out the map will allow me to have mostly detail brushes. Using a series of teleporters between the wilderness and the city allows me to have an open map. Once in the city, you would enter the buildings the same way. I could literally have only the city walls, floor, and sky as world geometry, the rest can be detail brushes.

tldr I have a plan for optimization that makes rendering brushes and brush faces simple and efficient.

25. Post #25
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Website is better, but I still wonder why the logo has the quality of a gif.

26. Post #26
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,978 Posts
    Website is better, but I still wonder why the logo has the quality of a gif.

"Bandwidth"

27. Post #27
    July 2012
    14 Posts
    Looks intresting.

28. Post #28

April 2011
    20 Posts
    Hello everyone, I am Tyzer the lead web developer.

As I can see everyone has mixed opinions on the website and I am a good friend of LtShinySides so I said I would help him out and for the best way for me to do this would be for you guys to give your opinions to me so that I can implement them and see how they work and look so feel free to suggest stuff here or even PM me here.

All suggestions are welcome, no one will be laughed at for suggesting things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    May 2010
    1,087 Posts
    Hello everyone, I am Tyzer the lead web developer.

As I can see everyone has mixed opinions on the website and I am a good friend of LtShinySides so I said I would help him out and for the best way for me to do this would be for you guys to give your opinions to me so that I can implement them and see how they work and look so feel free to suggest stuff here or even PM me here.

All suggestions are welcome, no one will be laughed at for suggesting things.
    In that case, can we have rainbowdash and Derpy as mounts? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    If your saving system is based around SQLite and not regular SQL I could probably handle doing this, but I am a bit rusty with GLua because I haven't touched Garry's Mod in quite some time. But I could handle the base code, rendering 3D2D type things, Quest System and no doubt, the Skill system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    264 Posts
    The site is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, of course a good logo will help, but I think your main page is just fine. The forum could use a better face lift, probably just to match the colors of the main page better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #32

April 2011
    20 Posts
    In that case, can we have rainbowdash and Derpy as mounts? :D
    No :) No rainbows bro.

The site is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, of course a good logo will help, but I think your main page is just fine. The forum could use a better face lift, probably just to match the colors of the main page better.
    And thanks for that dude :)

The website has been updated and the forum has been fixed.

I can actually say the website is at a version where it can be browsed and use properly.

But updates will still be coming guys :)

33. Post #33

June 2011
    199 Posts
    http://esroleplay.com/images/banner1.png
    Couldn't help but notice you've copyrighted your non-existent game.

34. Post #34

April 2011
    20 Posts
    We haven't copyrighted the game because the game does not exist yet.

We have copyrighted the name "Echelon Sixteen Roleplay", "ESRP" and "ESRoleplay"

35. Post #35
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts
    We haven't copyrighted the game because the game does not exist yet.

We have copyrighted the name "Echelon Sixteen Roleplay", "ESRP" and "ESRoleplay"
    That's not a copyright, that's a trademark.

You have to apply for a trademark, not for a copyright. You can't copyright a name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    That's not a copyright, that's a trademark.

You have to apply for a trademark, not for a copyright. You can't copyright a name.
    plus it costs more than 1k$ to register a name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    plus it costs more than 1k$ to register a name.
    No it doesnt. Do your research here.

http://www.uspto.gov/

You need to apply for a trademark after researching that the name doesnt infringe on someone elses trademark.

38. Post #38
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    That's because they changed the design.

To clarify trademarks and copyright, anything you make is copyrighted by you. You can also register your copyright with the US Copyright Office, which can cost upwards of $35, but gives added protection. A copyright is a work that you produce.

A trademark is a sound, slogan, symbol, or anything else that identifies your work. The name EchelonSixteen would be a trademark, but the gamemode would be copyrighted. The fees for the trademark process are a lot higher, and can cost hundreds of dollars.

I would like to mention that, as of now, the only thing that is copyrighted on this website is the website itself,as you can't copyright ideas, words, slogans, names, or titles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    147 Posts
    I just updated the thread. You will notice under the contact information, I have given you a summary of the Echelon Sixteen Build Server. Its in the Beta stage, and we are making progress on it every day. Im looking forward to some constructive feedback.

40. Post #40
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    http://tess2.uspto.gov
    Found nothing about your "copyrighted" names.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)