1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,858 Posts
    Syrian government troops using tanks and helicopters massacred more than 150 people in the central province of Hama, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, while a rebel leader put the toll at more than 200.

Government troops on Thursday bombarded the village using tanks and helicopters, according to the Observatory, which earlier put the death toll at more than 100.

Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP by telephone that the bodies of 30 villagers had already been identified following the sustained attack, which brought the day's total death toll in the conflict-torn nation to over 200.

Rebel leader Abu Mohamad, chief of a group based further to the north, told AFP early Friday that the attack using helicopters, tanks and multiple rocket-launchers had killed more than 200 people in the village.

Abu Mohamad said he had been in phone contact with a resident of Treimsa who told him that government forces were on hills a few kilometres (miles) outside the town.

The army and the Shabiha, pro-regime militia who are said to accompany troops to make sure they do not desert, started to bombard Treimsa "Thursday around 11:00 am (0800 GMT) and finished around 9:00 pm," Abu Mohamad said.

But a Hama-based activist who identified himself as Abu Ghazi told AFP via Skype that regime troops started shelling the village earlier, at around 6:00 am.

"That was followed by clashes with the (rebel) Free Syrian Army, but the FSA does not have a big presence in Treimsa and could not fight long," said the activist.

"The number of martyrs is very high partly because the army shelled a mosque where scores of people had taken shelter, to treat the wounded and hide from the bombs," Abu Ghazi added.

"But it is obvious that the regime knows no limits. The mosque was shelled, it collapsed, and that killed the people in it."

The village, which had a population of 7,000, he said, "is empty now. Everyone is dead or has run away."

The state-run SANA news agency said there had been clashes between the army and an armed "terrorist" group in the village but made no mention of a massacre and gave no overall death toll.

"There were heavy losses among the ranks of the terrorists," said the report, adding that three government soldiers were killed.

The head of the opposition Syrian National Council, Abdel Basset Sayda, voiced outrage about the latest killings and called for a tough UN resolution that allows for military intervention against the Damascus regime.

"This was a massacre perpetrated by the Syrian regime," he said, speaking to Al Jazeera TV.

"It is a shame for the UN Security Council and the Arab League."

"What we want is a clear and straightforward resolution under Chapter VII of the UN Charter which puts all the options on the table, including the use of force. This Syrian regime only understands the language of force."

Abu Ghazi said that with Idlib in the northwest, Homs in the centre and much of the countryside of Aleppo in the north "out of control, the regime is trying to keep Hama on its side."

"Hama is in the centre of Syria, and is a link in a chain of provinces where anti-regime feeling is strong; the regime will do anything to keep it controlled."

The Observatory said more than 17,000 people have been killed since the uprising erupted in mid-March last year.

It is not possible to independently verify death tolls. The United Nations stopped compiling such figures at the end of 2011.

http://news.yahoo.com/sanctions-ulti...025935665.html

Jesus christ..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 24Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    The Syrians honestly don't give a shit about killing innocent civilians. As long as action is not taken, they will keep doing this over and over
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,520 Posts
    America is smart, we're waiting for Syria to kill itself then we can move in and get more land for Israel. Hope it doesn't take too long though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 29Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,164 Posts
    There are incredible much videos on Liveleak of the massacres and shit that is happening on a daily basis in syria if anybody is interested in seeing how daily life looks there.

17k deaths.. jesus, my mind said it was something among 8 thousand but 17k... they use goddamn snipers to kill people and randomly shoot everything that moves.

5. Post #5
    America is smart, we're waiting for Syria to kill itself then we can move in and get more land for Israel. Hope it doesn't take too long though...
    lol yar fuk us imperalsm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    490 Posts
    You are a fucking asshole.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Kuwait Show Events Zing Zing x 14Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    781 Posts
    you call waiting for civilians to be ruthlessly slaughtered for land a 'smart' thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

May 2011
    585 Posts
    I am sorry but where did israel said it would declare war with syria for no reason?

9. Post #9
    May 2012
    662 Posts
    I think the thing that most annoys me about this conflict is that i don't know who to believe. The rebels say one thing and the government say another. Except most people seem to be sided with the rebels and anything they say is "hard" facts.

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Don't know if it's been posted yet but it seems to be confirmed that there's massive fighting in the area around the village, involving tanks and gunships, and the villagers are reporting the massacre to the UN observers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18829052
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Europe Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Syrian soldiers must have a fucking amazing KDR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Syrian soldiers must have a fucking amazing KDR.
    Probably around 15:1 ratio. I'm not sure if civvies count though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,625 Posts
    Don't know if it's been posted yet but it seems to be confirmed that there's massive fighting in the area around the village, involving tanks and gunships, and the villagers are reporting the massacre to the UN observers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18829052
    "UN Observers"

Seriously, the UN is doing nothing. They should have ground troops in there by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,596 Posts
    "UN Observers"

Seriously, the UN is doing nothing. They should have ground troops in there by now.
    Russia is overruling military intervention by the UN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    And that's why the UN security council doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,930 Posts
    "UN Observers"

The UN is not a single body, it is impossible for something to be the UN's fault

17. Post #17
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,780 Posts
    Action is needed but if action is taken you can't trust the military of Syria to do the right thing. I fear that if action is taken that another Muslim Brotherhood group will take power. We'll see how that works out for Egypt in the coming years. Only can hope for the best of the people effected.

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Action is needed but if action is taken you can't trust the military of Syria to do the right thing. I fear that if action is taken that another Muslim Brotherhood group will take power. We'll say how that works out for Egypt in the coming years.
    Why would you let the syrian military hold any power at all?

You go in, you eviscerate the armed forces and you leave advisors to oversee a democratic election then you leave the country to it's own devices.

It's either leave them to die, or give them a chance for change, it's a simple enough choice.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,323 Posts
    I think the thing that most annoys me about this conflict is that i don't know who to believe. The rebels say one thing and the government say another. Except most people seem to be sided with the rebels and anything they say is "hard" facts.
    The Syrian government denying massacres that have been recorded extensively and visible on Liveleaks and other such sites rather dents their credibility. One wouldn't put much stock in the word of someone who lied about fucking someone else's wife if there's an entire video of it on Redtube, for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2012
    1,692 Posts
    I'm just waiting for the Turkey-Syria thing to get real. Syria would be so hosed.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Russia is overruling military intervention by the UN.
    Fuck Russia. Putin needs that pinecone in his ass shoved down his throat, we need to get in there and stop this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,596 Posts
    Fuck Russia. Putin needs that pinecone in his ass shoved down his throat, we need to get in there and stop this shit.
    Several countries are already working on plans to work outside of the UN, but honestly I think it's going to be far too late by the time they actually do something.

As of right now, Turkey has a better chance of actually doing anything.

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    May 2012
    39 Posts
    we r all human bengs and deservd to lived
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Several countries are already working on plans to work outside of the UN, but honestly I think it's going to be far too late by the time they actually do something.

As of right now, Turkey has a better chance of actually doing anything.
    As long as they can figure out a timely, concerted effort, then there's still hope. Somebody needs to do something. The damned Russian government needs to stop pulling this shit, they're begging for another Cold War. Posturing and preventing NATO and the UN from stopping crimes against humanity. Getting some vague Chechnya vibes from this whole thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,520 Posts
    You are a fucking asshole.
    That all you have to contribute???????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    That all you have to contribute???????
    To be honest not much more needs to be said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,909 Posts
    The amount of pure stupid emanating from this post is painful.

You are a terribly ignorant person.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,066 Posts
    I take everything each side says in this conflict with a massive amount of scepticism.

29. Post #29
    October 2011
    3,247 Posts
    Jesus Christ... I wonder when this slaughter will end. Assad will hang onto power till the very last moments, so even if there is some external military intervention the death toll will be huge. Even so, I think he will be forced out of power eventually, just after enormous loss of life.

30. Post #30
    gentlemen, i think we've finally found a human being with an IQ below that of common tree lichen, let us bask in the glow of this scientific find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    gentlemen, i think we've finally found a human being with an IQ below that of common tree lichen, let us bask in the glow of this scientific find.
    what did u finally look in a mirror
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Indutibatible my good chap, this poor fellow forum poster has indeed made himself look to be quite the fool with his ignorant comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    May 2012
    24 Posts
    Dude wtf! Hamburger cheese american and zionist die. This is a clear human rights violation and all you can think of land. wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Fucking summer invasion, I swear to God...

Anyways, moving past the apparent retardation of the last half a page or so, I find it surprising that Turkey hasn't decided to up the ante regarding the opposition because of the incidents of the last few weeks, including the loss of a fighter jet and the attack on a rescue craft.

Hell, I'm even surprised they haven't decided to blatantly support the Syrian opposition, consequences be damned. The Turkish can take just about anything Syria throws at them, and a violation of Turkish sovereignty would give Turkey the right to evoke Charter 4 (5?).

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,930 Posts
    Fucking summer invasion, I swear to God...

Anyways, moving past the apparent retardation of the last half a page or so, I find it surprising that Turkey hasn't decided to up the ante regarding the opposition because of the incidents of the last few weeks, including the loss of a fighter jet and the attack on a rescue craft.

Hell, I'm even surprised they haven't decided to blatantly support the Syrian opposition, consequences be damned. The Turkish can take just about anything Syria throws at them, and a violation of Turkish sovereignty would give Turkey the right to evoke Charter 4 (5?).
    Huh? They did up the ante in a big way, they deployed tons of artillery and rocket launchers along the border and said that if any Syrian military units even come near the border they will get blown the fuck up, and they have followed through and scrambled jets several times in the past few weeks because of Syrian helicopters getting a little too close

Edited:

Also NATO had an emergency session and said they support Turkey 100%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2008
    1,534 Posts
    Such is life in the sandbox-lands.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,847 Posts
    guys guys the UN is obviously taking care of everything! don't worry, they're going to be safe!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)