1. Post #1
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    Hi, I was playing Minecraft in Creative Mode, when I saw an Enderman. I Thought it was a bit odd for enderman to just randomly spawn in the middle of the snow, so I went to check it out. The closer I got to it, I started to notice it was a bit red in colour. when I finally reached it I saw it WAS red!! I was using the default texture pack and had no mods installed at the time. My friend saw it as well, he saw it rapidly teleporting and only got a glimpse of it. If anyone knows if the Red Enderman is a feature of Minecraft from 1.8 beta to 1.2.5, please comment and tell me if it is or if you have had an encounter with the Red Enderman. Thanks!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb x 10Informative x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1Friendly x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    moo
    November 2006
    4,767 Posts
    Was it raining/snowing at the time? Endermen hate water, it damages them. So if an Enderman is outside during the rain he'll constantly be getting hurt (which makes him red) and he'll try teleporting away from the rain, often frantically all over the place. I don't know if snow has the same effect as rain, but I'd assume it does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,837 Posts
    Was it raining/snowing at the time? Endermen hate water, it damages them. So if an Enderman is outside during the rain he'll constantly be getting hurt (which makes him red) and he'll try teleporting away from the rain, often frantically all over the place. I don't know if snow has the same effect as rain, but I'd assume it does.
    rain is snow
    if you move from a snow covered area while it's snowing into a warmer grassy area the snow changes to rain (and vise versa)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    it wasn't raining or snowing for my my friend, but it was snowing for me...

5. Post #5
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,414 Posts
    it wasn't raining or snowing for my my friend, but it was snowing for me...
    Your friend may occured a bug.
    And we already explained the snow and rain part of this "mystery".

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    3,507 Posts
    There are no "mystery" things in Minecraft, considering the access we have to the game files, there is literally NOTHING in the game the we don't know about.

Which is unfortunate, because ultra rare mystery items/occurrences/etc, would be really neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,414 Posts
    There are no "mystery" things in Minecraft, considering the access we have to the game files, there is literally NOTHING in the game the we don't know about.

Which is unfortunate, because ultra rare mystery items/occurrences/etc, would be really neat.
    What makes Minecraft great is that we DO have acces to it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

This is the problem with minecraft honestly,and why updates are no longer any fun.

Remember Seecret Friday Updates?
    Because I sure can.
    I remember that one day where I saw some sky render glitch,thought Notch added some super secret sky mob and camped out near a chunk error cliff just watching the sky,posting excitedly about how I thought I found the elusive sky mob.

Then a few hours later,someone discovered the recipe to dispensers or something.

Nowadays,updates are "Hey guys we're adding this and this and this and you craft it like this and it does this you can try it out now with a snapshot and just go to creative and see everything have fun guys!"

In Terraria or Dwarf Fortress,there isn't a creative mode,changelogs don't tell shit and you're always discovering new stuff,one way or another.(Dwarf Fortress gives infinite stuff to discover because it's just dwarf fortress,terraria has a shitload of stuff to do compared to minecraft)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    November 2010
    2,406 Posts
    In Terraria or Dwarf Fortress,there isn't a creative mode,changelogs don't tell shit and you're always discovering new stuff,one way or another.(Dwarf Fortress gives infinite stuff to discover because it's just dwarf fortress,terraria has a shitload of stuff to do compared to minecraft)
    Since this is turning into a discussion thread: you are correct

I think it would be more interesting if jeb went back to secret additions, and then added a creative mode counterpart in the next update. So it would be:

:secret addition:
    :secret addition + last addition added to creative:
    :so on and so forth:

Also, Jeb-san can tease every once and a while, but not all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,929 Posts
    I agree with rrunyan, but I think it gives players incentive to keep playing and checking if the new update is out if we know what to look forward for, you know?

11. Post #11
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,414 Posts
    This is the problem with minecraft honestly,and why updates are no longer any fun.

Remember Seecret Friday Updates?
    Because I sure can.
    I remember that one day where I saw some sky render glitch,thought Notch added some super secret sky mob and camped out near a chunk error cliff just watching the sky,posting excitedly about how I thought I found the elusive sky mob.

Then a few hours later,someone discovered the recipe to dispensers or something.

Nowadays,updates are "Hey guys we're adding this and this and this and you craft it like this and it does this you can try it out now with a snapshot and just go to creative and see everything have fun guys!"

Alright secret friday updates were the coolest thing ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)