1. Post #41
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Sorry for the delay. Done now.

I'm currently working on adding new software. There are many things to be done.. including imporving the duel page. It would be cool if two of you could test that one again and see if you can end the duel without reaching the time limit.
    Alright, I'll test it out as soon as one of my friends go online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    werewolf and flames are cool guys
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    And please add more words for the work because it is just too easy.
    I love the train challenge though :3

Edited:

And somehow the training panel with numbers is dissapeared :C

Edited:

Please fix it, itīs annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Sent in a suggestion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Sent in a suggestion.
    Sended a support ticket.
    Lets hope it helps.

5. Post #45

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Answered both tickets. Fixed the bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Answered both tickets. Fixed the bug.
    Could you please re-upload those thread in which you get familiar with hacking?
    It would be very helpful.

7. Post #47

July 2012
    29 Posts
    I am sorry but I do not understand your request :-?.

If you mean during a duel. Type /help for the command.

Also to get familiar with hacking click the /HELP button on the top right of the menu. And you have the Hacking, Connecting & Pinging.

8. Post #48
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    I am sorry but I do not understand your request :-?.

If you mean during a duel. Type /help for the command.

Also to get familiar with hacking click the /HELP button on the top right of the menu. And you have the Hacking, Connecting & Pinging.
    In my opinion, for the dueling thing there should be like a box at the bottom of the page that lists all the possible commands and there should be a way to make a command repeat its self multiple times (ie. "crack dadada 10"
    -Cracking dadada 10 times in 0.5 second intervals.
    Which can be interrupted if you do
    "reconfigure firewall 10" (or whatever amount) because right now its just typespam with not that much variety, for some commands you should be able to have it repeat for you (perhaps at the cost of energy?)

Edited:

Sending this as a ticket now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    April 2008
    108 Posts
    Just sent an app for the org!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Just sent an app for the org!
    Accepted!

11. Post #51
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    I cannot access duels.
    This error happens:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/thesecre/public_html/battles.php on line 48

Help?
    And yes, ive sended a ticket.

Edited:

And please make a tutorial with this game, it would really help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #52

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Please click the help button on the right top for a couple of basic things.

I will copy my answer to the ticket you created about duels:

"There was a box at the bottom but it was removed. As explained when you write a wrong command you can type /help like in a real linux interface (well there you would type something else but whatever you would still have to type a command to get a list of commands) in order to get a list of some of the available commands, there will still be others that you will have to discover via training etc. etc.

Also the point of the duel is not to be automatic. If You will have interval you would just write 3 commands in the entire duel and it would be over... thats why theres that bot check also to prevent automatic writting.."

Also to keep you updated with what will happen in the next few hours:
    Multi tasking will be enabled. Up to 5 tasks in the same time (eg. mission +train + work + mercenary recruitment + development). I'm curious how many bugs this will generate xD.

Also organization level will limit the number of features the org has. Example level 2 => forum level 3 = warehouse level 4 = development and so on.

And we are also working on logs.. when you crack a computer a log will be generated which you can delete but if someone has a log recovery tool better than you log deleter tool they can recover the logs and find out your IP.

PS: The duel currently is for testing purpose. The final version will have perhaps around 100 commands. With tons of possible combinations and strategies. You will even have many viruses and exploit and spywares you will be able to upload and execute not just the judgement blow.

PS2: I do not have the time to write a tutorial. I am trying to write as much as I can on the Help page which you can find by clicking the help button in the top right menu.

PS2: I love your organization intro xD. Very creative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #53

July 2012
    29 Posts
    PS33:

We need ideas for abilities, mercenary, mercenary assistants, software and hardware names (hardware just for the one you already see in the shop and 2 extra per category which are invisible to you but better than the ones you see there).

If you have any cool ideas feel free to write theme here so others can give an opinion also. Make the list as huge as you want but don't say Microsoft Word or things like that. Must be a bit creative and original.

Also maybe for level ranks? At each level you have a new title/rank. And for organization facilities and training facilities.

UPDATES:
    Help page updated a bit more. Quit button at duel should work now, you will lose if you quit. organization facilities now limit org. features (like forum, warehouse and development page).

And other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Just asking:
    Could we get a copy-paste (or even a report maybe) of the work that we have done in Advanced Training Area?
    It would be REALLY helpfull to remind ourselves exactly what we are supposed to do.

Well, for level ranks, it could be like this:
    1 - Fresh Junior Member
    2 - A Bit Stronger Member
    3 - Eating Knowlegde Member
    4 - Somewhat Experienced Member
    5 - Experienced Member
    6 - Master Member
    7 - G33k Member

I think i have lost the imagination to continue naming the level/ranks.
    Will update with more ideas later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55

July 2012
    29 Posts
    "Could we get a copy-paste (or even a report maybe) of the work that we have done in Advanced Training Area?
    It would be REALLY helpfull to remind ourselves exactly what we are supposed to do."

Sorry but could you be more specific? How could that be helpful? :-? What data to be able to view? How much exp you got or what?

Btw I saw that you tried to edit your organization intro to:
    ooooooo_ooooooo__oo____oo____oooo____
    oo______oo____oo_oo____oo__oo____oo__
    oooo____oo____oo_oo____oo_oo______oo_
    oo______oooooo___oooooooo_oo______oo_
    oo______oo_______oo____oo__oo____oo__
    oo______oo_______oo____oo____oooo____

Facepunch Hacking Organization: Who are we? Well, we're Facepunchers. We will Facepunch our way to victory within this universe by being Facepunchers. That is all.

And failed because of a bug which you didn't report. But I've just seen the error, fixed the bug and updated both the public and member intro :D.

16. Post #56
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    I mean all of the things that we have done in the Advanced training area?
    All of the commands that we have executed in the ATA.

17. Post #57

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Why would that be useful, i still don't see the point. The ATA has currently 3 different scenarios which are randomly pick when you start a training session.

And there you type commands in a certain order. So what exactly do you mean by things you have done? All you've done was to type the predecided commands how could knowing what you typed in the past help you (in this case) in a future training?

Or do you mean in case the commands will be useful in a real duel? (I think thats what you mean, well anyway currently all the commands from there aren't used in duels and that's why we created a notepad for example so you can add to it, we are aiming to make it a bit as the real thing not where you can find everything in an easy way :D To be a cool powerful hacker you have to learn the commands by heart).

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,534 Posts
    Ok I submitted an App to the group, what exactly do you do here?

Edited:

RE_U___C

yeah fuck that.

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Ok I submitted an App to the group, what exactly do you do here?

Edited:

RE_U___C

yeah fuck that.
    Thatīs easy.
    You donate cash and upgrade our systems.

20. Post #60

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Yeah I will add more words to that challenge.. but there are more important things I'm working right now on like the logs system and fixing bugs when you submit them :P.

And you join an organization to help the others, make the org stronger, get help for yourself and so on.

As theres a forum inside the organization you can talk there also and I'm thinking on a live chat for the org also.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    July 2009
    591 Posts
    Applied to the group

22. Post #62

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Soooo... you have to edit the members rank Steven... they have reversed because of a bug... as in I and god are now members and the rest co owners xD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #63

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Improved the duel page, commands are at bottom and they are new commands. They are cooler commands, I think.

Try the simulation button to see how they work. Also the ddos feature should be fixed now. Software power has been increased and all your applications have been reseted so you have to buy again software (if you dont already have some in inventory).

But you do have enough money, if not reply here :P.

24. Post #64

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Hello,

It's time for our first hacking competition.

You have 24 hours, till tomorrow night at 00:00, GMT+2. See the time here:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-3/

What you have to do?
    Hack the server: 6.6.6.6

When do you win?
    Somewhat the last man standing. The one that is in control of the server 6.6.6.6 and the end of the competition wins.

A new feature is also available. Cracking is not instant, you have to attack the server multiple times. And if more people attack in the same time, the security of the server lowers faster. You can also reset it's security once you are in and keep the access, locking the others out.

This is a matter of speed and resources. 40% of your energy is required to reinitiate security and 1% for every crack attempt.

What do you get?
    1.000.000 ingame money and new software which is not available in the shop that offer more protection than whatever the others have.

You will also get this software after the game exits the beta.

You also gain reputation as the best beta tester and increase your chances of winning the money price on the main page.

Good luck,
    N.A.M.

http://thesecretrepublic.com

Please report all bugs:
    http://help.thesecretrepublic.com

25. Post #65
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Hello,

It's time for our first hacking competition.

You have 24 hours, till tomorrow night at 00:00, GMT+2. See the time here:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-3/

What you have to do?
    Hack the server: 6.6.6.6

When do you win?
    Somewhat the last man standing. The one that is in control of the server 6.6.6.6 and the end of the competition wins.

A new feature is also available. Cracking is not instant, you have to attack the server multiple times. And if more people attack in the same time, the security of the server lowers faster. You can also reset it's security once you are in and keep the access, locking the others out.

This is a matter of speed and resources. 40% of your energy is required to reinitiate security and 1% for every crack attempt.

What do you get?
    1.000.000 ingame money and new software which is not available in the shop that offer more protection than whatever the others have.

You will also get this software after the game exits the beta.

You also gain reputation as the best beta tester and increase your chances of winning the money price on the main page.

Good luck,
    N.A.M.

http://thesecretrepublic.com

Please report all bugs:
    http://help.thesecretrepublic.com
    If any and all facepunchers still play the game, lets try and win this competition for at least one of us (If theres a feature to re-create softwares later on for a price, then maybe we can all get a piece)

Good luck fellow FPHO'ers

Edited:

fuck
    S _ _ _ R _ T _
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #66

July 2012
    29 Posts
    That's security :)).

Also by the way if facepunch wins we might have a software named after the forum. Like facepunch virus or firewall or something. Facepunch is actually a pretty good name for such things xD.

And yes I think people from here do still play because you are the active part of the game mainly.

Thanks and good freaking luck!

27. Post #67
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    That's security :)).

Also by the way if facepunch wins we might have a software named after the forum. Like facepunch virus or firewall or something. Facepunch is actually a pretty good name for such things xD.

And yes I think people from here do still play because you are the active part of the game mainly.

Thanks and good freaking luck!
    You have lowered the system security by 0 points.
    Whats going on?

Edited:

What the
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68

July 2012
    29 Posts
    I doubt you still have that xD. You edited it by editing the HTMl code or it just appeared like that at one moment?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    605 Posts
    Just starting check this out it's quite fun, it reminds me of a more epic slavehack, also I sent a request to the FP org.

30. Post #70
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    I doubt you still have that xD. You edited it by editing the HTMl code or it just appeared like that at one moment?
    You got me

Edited:

Accepted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Facepunch has successfully had at least 1 operative own 6.6.6.6 until 00:00 GMT +2, I myself had control of all 3 at 00:00 as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #72

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Congratz. I will deliver rewards soon. Also that abilities bug is now fixed sorry for that. I am out of town so it's harder to get work done.

33. Post #73
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Congratz. I will deliver rewards soon. Also that abilities bug is now fixed sorry for that. I am out of town so it's harder to get work done.
    Theres another issue with the game once again, I sent a ticket in for you too.

34. Post #74

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Server offline for a few hours because of host network reconfiguration. Just like your virtual PC's we are getting a new IP but we are getting it for free.

I will update you as soon as it is online.

New features will be added these days:
    New competitions which require you to hack a chain of servers and when you reach the last one you win. After hacking each srv. you can trace the IP of the next server.

Bank servers will be available today or tomorrow also. Which you can hack then crack their bank accounts and gain money. These servers replenish their money supply once x hours or days.

And many more.

35. Post #75

July 2012
    29 Posts
    Everything should be back to normal now. Adding updates in the next few hours. I'll keep you posted.

36. Post #76
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Everything should be back to normal now. Adding updates in the next few hours. I'll keep you posted.
    Have you gotten to sending the 6.6.6.6 competition rewards yet? I've yet to receive mine. Also, it seems like you've been busy adding these new features in.

37. Post #77
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    I applied to join the group!

Would be awesome to get accepted.

I'm Neikos on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    I applied to join the group!

Would be awesome to get accepted.

I'm Neikos on it.
    Accepted, we now have 19 people!

39. Post #79
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,977 Posts
    Have you gotten to sending the 6.6.6.6 competition rewards yet? I've yet to receive mine. Also, it seems like you've been busy adding these new features in.
    Quoting this due to an issue I'm having, I'm not sure if you've gotten around to sending the software for this competition, but I just noticed that I do infact have that 1 million from the contest.

EDIT: sent another bug report in.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    116 Posts
    Sent in my application to the organization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)