1. Post #161
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,481 Posts
    Honestly you guys are pretty sad. 4 pages of blood boiling rage and argument just wanting to convince someone else to buy something? If you guys had any common sense and maturity, you would have abandoned the thread long ago instead of putting in so much effort onto a subject so pointless to persuade, especially since it is clear that the chance of your success is low because of certain opposition's ego and attitude.

(User was banned for this post ("Help or don't post." - cosmic duck))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #162
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    hindsight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,610 Posts
    Thread's a trainwreck, needs locked.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    My god, facepunch is really showing its childish side with this thread. You guys help hundreds of people build new computers every year, but you won't help this guy because he wants to build a really nice one? Allow me, a professionally employed systems builder for several years now, guide you.

LINK to wishlist on newegg (with links to all parts): http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=19770692

Let me give you a rundown on component selection here:

CPU: i7-3770k. The 3820, 3930, and 3960 are actually older 32nm parts, which are less efficient (in terms of both speed and power) clock-per-clock than the 22nm Ivy Bridge parts, and the Ivy Bridge, with 4 cores (but with hyperthreading for 8 threads, and intel hyperthreading is getting even better and better with the newer architectures) has more thermal overhead, which means it can run at much higher clock speeds anyways, which is what's more important for gaming once you have 8 threads. This is the top-performing CPU in most games these days, even without being overclocked. This CPU requres the Z77 chipset, which does mean you can only get up to 32GB of RAM, but this configuration will still let your run your games much better than with the older CPUs with more RAM anyways.

Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 Z77. This is a completely full-featured and top-end motherboard that will let you make the most of your 3770k.

GPU: 2x GTX 680. The two of these in SLI hardly costs more than a single GTX 690, and will far outperform it. These are also superclocked models, so you don't have to bother trying to manually OC them - not that you really would want to with them in SLI, it'd start making a ton of heat. Regardless, the GTX 680 is still one of the most efficient and coolest-running top-end cards.

RAM: 4x8GB Mushkin DDR3-1600MHz. This will max out your mobo's RAM capacity and this specific kit also comes with tight timings, which make it even faster than cheaper 1600MHz kits. Your mobo supports even faster-clocked RAM, but that's in an overclocked state and might compromise stability, not to mention RAM faster than this will have literally zero impact on anything anyways.

PSU: Corsair professional series HX1050 1050W. Corsair makes some of the highest quality PSUs and this unit is a good match for the rest of your build. Look at the ratings distribution for your OCZ unit in the OP and compare it to that of this model - almost all reviews for this one are 5-stars, while there are lots of 1-star reviews on yours. Since it only takes 30 samples to establish statistical significance, I'd say this one is pretty much certainly much more reliable.

Storage: 1x Vertex 4 512GB SSD, 1x WD 1TB velociraptor HDD. You don't want to RAID SSDs because you sacrifice TRIM functionality, which is what prevents your SSD from slowing down over time due to dirty blocks. This is the same reason you NEVER do a full-format on an SSD. This SSD is also the fastest one out there in pretty much all situations, especially real-world tasks, thanks to its new Indilinx controller. The hard drive should be enough for several years of storage, not to mention it's one of the fastest drives out there. You could even drop the hard drive if 512GB is enough for you, and unless you have plans with what to store with all the extra space, the SSD may be all you need.

Case: Corsair 650D. This is a large mid-tower case with all the latest features, and will fit all your stuff nicely without being pointlessly huge like full-tower cases.

CPU cooler: H100. The best pre-assembled water cooling kit out there, and works great with the above case.

Your thoughts?
    Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Edit: I just read back a few pages, and I'm glad a lot of you are starting to understand the situation. I'm looking into each one of your suggestions, and I'll definitely consider all of them. Thanks again to those that have been understanding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,680 Posts
    I'm looking into each one of your suggestions, and I'll definitely consider all of them.
    Finally! Thanks for at least considering what we've all been trying to tell you.

Right now, mblunk's build is definitely one of the better ones, but one thing: Biostar doesn't make the greatest mobos. Swap it out with an equivalent ASRock or an Asus mobo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

6. Post #166
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Finally! Thanks for at least considering what we've all been trying to tell you.

Right now, mblunk's build is definitely one of the better ones, but one thing: Biostar doesn't make the greatest mobos. Swap it out with an equivalent ASRock or an Asus mobo.
    You all have been trying to tell me that money is bad and I shouldn't spend a lot. I'm looking into the people who have actually posted something to my liking. I'm not following the whole 'spend a couple bucks now and spend a couple bucks a year from now' rule. I'm still going to spend a lot of money now, and maybe update when I feel it be needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    Get an i5 over an i7. The only difference is that i7s have hyperthreading which games don't use.

Edited:

i will say this though, going all out and expecting it to last that long isn't a very good idea. A midrange PC built now will last quite a while if you gave it an upgrade every 3 years or so, or whenever you feel you need it upgraded.

Currently, my q6600 and GTS250 does what i want it to do, which is games, the same as you. the CPU is what? 5 years old?, the GPU is pretty much a 9800GTX+ which is from 2008? The GPU is starting to show its age, yet it still manages BF3 on high.

I don't expect you to listen to me, but if i was you, i'd keep some money to one side in case something dies, for upgrades or games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    Doesnt the 3570 have hyperthreading?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,468 Posts
    i3 and i7 are the only cpus with hyperthreading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    June 2012
    175 Posts
    Some of us have real jobs that pay real money, and it's fun to put it to use.
    Yes. A lot of us have real jobs that pay real money. We also have things called bills, which take precedent over extravagant and frivolously over the top PC builds.

Dropping anything over $2000 on a computer is not money from "real jobs that pay real money". It's gift money. Most likely he either inherited it from a relative that passed away or won some sort of lottery / has a trust fund / has rich parents.

I have a real job that pays real money. I also have real bills that cost real money, and a stomach that needs real food that costs real money.

You're being a real arrogant jackass.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #171
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    i3 and i7 are the only cpus with hyperthreading
    Apparently some mobility versions have hyper threading, IDK, never really cared enough to find out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

12. Post #172
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Yes. A lot of us have real jobs that pay real money. We also have things called bills, which take precedent over extravagant and frivolously over the top PC builds.

Dropping anything over $2000 on a computer is not money from "real jobs that pay real money". It's gift money. Most likely he either inherited it from a relative that passed away or won some sort of lottery / has a trust fund / has rich parents.

I have a real job that pays real money. I also have real bills that cost real money, and a stomach that needs real food that costs real money.

No, I actually plan on working for the money to pay for the computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #173
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    I will go to Prom and be extra pretty like mum always wanted me to.

or

I will mow the lawn patch infront of the garage in our villa!

or

I will decide who to fire in my manager position at Fuckemover Co. Ltd. (Not this one)

Edited:

Seriously, I make a decent living and I like them computers, hell, I actually need more power than you ever will, but I would never drop 4000$ on a new machine as long as things are remotely similar to how they are.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    March 2012
    112 Posts
    This thread needs taking out back and shooting. Who cares where he gets the money from. He wants to spend it on a really over the top PC, so just let him. He's stubborn as a mule, isn't going to budge from his decision. It really IS infuriating to see someone drop so much on a PC, when you aren't going to see a good price to power ratio. However, it's his money, we can't tell him how to spend it. Let's just all move on, and help others in the PC Building forum, because this thread has taken up so much of everyone's time and attention. Let's go folks, nothing to see here anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

15. Post #175
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    This thread needs taking out back and shooting. Who cares where he gets the money from. He wants to spend it on a really over the top PC, so just let him. He's stubborn as a mule, isn't going to budge from his decision. It really IS infuriating to see someone drop so much on a PC, when you aren't going to see a good price to power ratio. However, it's his money, we can't tell him how to spend it. Let's just all move on, and help others in the PC Building forum, because this thread has taken up so much of everyone's time and attention. Let's go folks, nothing to see here anymore.
    You're right. I am stubborn. I could say the same thing about you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    March 2012
    112 Posts
    You're right. I am stubborn. I could say the same thing about you guys.
    And I would completely agree. You want a really extravagant computer, and we want you to spend $2k now, and use $2k to upgrade over the years. However, your money, your rules. One thing I will say, enjoy building the thing. It's a fun experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #177
    August 2009
    9,424 Posts
    Or keep 1k for games and the other 1k for future upgrades or uh oh money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #178
    "CERTIFIED" SYSTEMS BUILDER
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    So deaded, I've finalized my build for you. This is about the fastest gaming computer you can buy today without throwing away lots more money just for a couple extra frames, if any.

Link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=14936529

The only difference between this one and the one from my last post is that I've swapped the mobo for an MSI model which is a bit higher quality, and also reduced the RAM to 2x8GB instead of 4x8GB. Keep reading and I'll tell you why.

All of these parts are generally agreed to be among the highest quality and performance components, based on both brand and manufacturer histories as well as individual Newegg item ratings distributions, but are also all very well priced. I doubt anyone else on this forum could create a more optimal system. That being said, there are 3 ways you could modify this build to create literally the most top-end of machines, but these upgrades are borderline pointless and any performance "benefit" would be negligible or entirely nonexistent: (in order from least to most helpful)

1. Order two of those memory kits, or switch it for faster 1600MHz memory, or both. Please understand that the upgrade from 16 to 32GB would do absolutely nothing for you, I promise. It's literally wasted money and the extra capacity wouldn't even be useful 8-10 years from now. Additionally, memory speed, especially when it's 1333MHz vs 1600, means NOTHING for performance. I've seen people downclock their RAM to absurdly slow speeds (~400MHz,) then overclock it to the max (1800MHz+), and there was a difference in game FPS of about 3-5% on average, with most of the loss from slow speeds disappearing once clocks were back up into the more typical regions. The difference between 1333 and 1600 is probably less than a tenth of a percent, but the difference in cost is much greater than that.

2. Upgrade the SLI GTX 670s to SLI GTX 680s. This will add about $200 to the overall cost of the build and you'll sacrifice the great coolers on the Gigabyte models that I've picked out (unless there are 680 models with this cooler) that would let you overclock to 680 levels of performance easily and for free. You could maybe get up to 5-10% more performance with the upgrade to 680s if you found models that also have great coolers and you overclocked them.

3. Upgrade the 128GB Vertex 4 SSD to the 256GB model. The 256GB model does have about 10% faster write speeds, but for another ~$120 it's not worth it unless you think 256GB is going to be plenty for you for several years to come (which it might, you know your storage needs better than I do.) If you need extra capacity above 256GB, that money would be better spent getting a large HDD to supplement the 128GB SSD.

If you truly need the most amazing build you can get without being plain wasteful, I guess you could get upgrades #2 and #3, but #1, getting the full 32GB of RAM, is absolutely pointless, trust me. Just read your motherboard manual when everything arrives to make sure you insert your RAM into the correct slots for two-stick dual channel mode. The pattern varies from board to board.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts

You are the arrogant jackass for assuming that all this was given to him. Just because he is more fortunate than you doesn't me it was all handed to him. I'm 19 and have been making about 20/h since I was 16. Am I an arrogant jackass because I have money and want to spend it on things?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,879 Posts
    Cant remeber where the original is, so had to ms paint it.

Once you spent over a certain ammount, the performance per $ decreases.

As a wise poster once said: "The best form of future proofing is money in the bank"

Besides, its more fun to do another build in the future. You'l probably feel like changing something in the future, and it makes sense to have some money to do it with.

But whatever, your choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Cant remeber where the original is, so had to ms paint it.

Once you spent over a certain ammount, the performance per $ decreases.

As a wise poster once said: "The best form of future proofing is money in the bank"

Besides, its more fun to do another build in the future. You'l probably feel like changing something in the future, and it makes sense to have some money to do it with.

But whatever, your choice.
    Personally, I don't know if I'm going to build it with all the money I'm putting into it. Even if I spent $2000, I wouldn't want to fuck something up. I mean, I guess I could experiment with maybe getting a cheaper computer and building it for a friend... but there's no way I'll spend the amount of money I want to and end up fucking something up. I guess Newegg replaces some of the parts, though.

I'm still thinking about actually building it myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    Personally, I don't know if I'm going to build it with all the money I'm putting into it. Even if I spent $2000, I wouldn't want to fuck something up. I mean, I guess I could experiment with maybe getting a cheaper computer and building it for a friend... but there's no way I'll spend the amount of money I want to and end up fucking something up. I guess Newegg replaces some of the parts, though.

I'm still thinking about actually building it myself.
    You'll be fine, building it is the best part. Just take it nice and slow, make an afternoon out of it. Read the manuals, watch a couple youtube videos on it if there's something you're unsure about, but other than that, it's nothing more than connecting ~8-10 components and a dozen screws or so. The hardest part is figuring how to run the cables behind the motherboard to make it look nice with the side panel off. As long as you don't try to force things together that aren't fitting, it's pretty much impossible to screw up.

What do you think about my build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #183
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    So deaded, I've finalized my build for you. This is about the fastest gaming computer you can buy today without throwing away lots more money just for a couple extra frames, if any.

Link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=14936529

The only difference between this one and the one from my last post is that I've swapped the mobo for an MSI model which is a bit higher quality, and also reduced the RAM to 2x8GB instead of 4x8GB. Keep reading and I'll tell you why.

All of these parts are generally agreed to be among the highest quality and performance components, based on both brand and manufacturer histories as well as individual Newegg item ratings distributions, but are also all very well priced. I doubt anyone else on this forum could create a more optimal system. That being said, there are 3 ways you could modify this build to create literally the most top-end of machines, but these upgrades are borderline pointless and any performance "benefit" would be negligible or entirely nonexistent: (in order from least to most helpful)

1. Order two of those memory kits, or switch it for faster 1600MHz memory, or both. Please understand that the upgrade from 16 to 32GB would do absolutely nothing for you, I promise. It's literally wasted money and the extra capacity wouldn't even be useful 8-10 years from now. Additionally, memory speed, especially when it's 1333MHz vs 1600, means NOTHING for performance. I've seen people downclock their RAM to absurdly slow speeds (~400MHz,) then overclock it to the max (1800MHz+), and there was a difference in game FPS of about 3-5% on average, with most of the loss from slow speeds disappearing once clocks were back up into the more typical regions. The difference between 1333 and 1600 is probably less than a tenth of a percent, but the difference in cost is much greater than that.

2. Upgrade the SLI GTX 670s to SLI GTX 680s. This will add about $200 to the overall cost of the build and you'll sacrifice the great coolers on the Gigabyte models that I've picked out (unless there are 680 models with this cooler) that would let you overclock to 680 levels of performance easily and for free. You could maybe get up to 5-10% more performance with the upgrade to 680s if you found models that also have great coolers and you overclocked them.

3. Upgrade the 128GB Vertex 4 SSD to the 256GB model. The 256GB model does have about 10% faster write speeds, but for another ~$120 it's not worth it unless you think 256GB is going to be plenty for you for several years to come (which it might, you know your storage needs better than I do.) If you need extra capacity above 256GB, that money would be better spent getting a large HDD to supplement the 128GB SSD.

If you truly need the most amazing build you can get without being plain wasteful, I guess you could get upgrades #2 and #3, but #1, getting the full 32GB of RAM, is absolutely pointless, trust me. Just read your motherboard manual when everything arrives to make sure you insert your RAM into the correct slots for two-stick dual channel mode. The pattern varies from board to board.
    Thanks for being friendly. In any case, I do like to have pretty decent capacity. Would you reccommend using a small 64GB SSD for the OS and maybe a VelociRaptor drive for the HDD? I mean, the whole reason I have the 512GB SSD is for the faster read/write speeds. If I get a 15,000 RPM HDD, will it be close to the read/write speeds of an SSD? Also, there's a factory overclocked model of the Gigabyte GTX 680 that has pretty good cooling from what I've read of it.

GPU Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125422
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    Are you sure you even need those speeds on anything? Like the difference on load times is minimal if you have 8 gigs of RAM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

25. Post #185
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    You'll be fine, building it is the best part. Just take it nice and slow, make an afternoon out of it. Read the manuals, watch a couple youtube videos on it if there's something you're unsure about, but other than that, it's nothing more than connecting ~8-10 components and a dozen screws or so. The hardest part is figuring how to run the cables behind the motherboard to make it look nice with the side panel off. As long as you don't try to force things together that aren't fitting, it's pretty much impossible to screw up.

What do you think about my build?
    I like it. The one thing I'm a little iffy on is the processor. I read a benchmarks review and I know the i7-3960X came out on top. I'm just wondering if maybe that would be the same with gaming? Also, I read somewhere back that if I get a full tower case, my cooling will be better, is that true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #186
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    Thanks for being friendly. In any case, I do like to have pretty decent capacity. Would you reccommend using a small 64GB SSD for the OS and maybe a VelociRaptor drive for the HDD? I mean, the whole reason I have the 512GB SSD is for the faster read/write speeds. If I get a 15,000 RPM HDD, will it be close to the read/write speeds of an SSD? Also, there's a factory overclocked model of the Gigabyte GTX 680 that has pretty good cooling from what I've read of it.

The speeds will be fast, but not as fast as the ssd. If you want faster speeds with mechanical drives, I'd get some western digital re4's and put them in raid. Which is faster and quieter than a raptor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #187
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    8,010 Posts
    I like it. The one thing I'm a little iffy on is the processor. I read a benchmarks review and I know the i7-3960X came out on top. I'm just wondering if maybe that would be the same with gaming? Also, I read somewhere back that if I get a full tower case, my cooling will be better, is that true?
    If the cable management has been done right as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #188
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts

Even velociraptors don't compare to SSDs today, the random access speed is several thousand times faster which is what matters the most. How much data are you storing on your current computer? If you really want something in the 512GB range, then at least get this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227809

The SSD you chose is an older, slower model. The one above is newer and much faster.

And that card looks good. Two of those in SLI would certainly make a beast if the price doesn't bother you.

The 3960X is never going to be used to its potential, the 3770K alone won't even be fully used to keep your 680's busy, especially overclocked. And the 3820, 3930, and 3960 are older architectures that aren't as fast clock per clock.

29. Post #189
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Also, for my processor, would this heatsink keep the CPU cool in enough?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608024

I read somewhere in the reviews that it covers some of your motherboard slots. I plan on using this motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157283

Just from looking at it, would you say that the CPU cooler wouldn't cover any RAM slots? And also, would it keep the CPU cool enough if I had a 140mm fan and a 120mm fan?

30. Post #190
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    That cooler is amazing. IF you get low profile ram, you should be good.

31. Post #191
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    Also, for my processor, would this heatsink keep the CPU cool in enough?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608024

I read somewhere in the reviews that it covers some of your motherboard slots. I plan on using this motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157283

Just from looking at it, would you say that the CPU cooler wouldn't cover any RAM slots? And also, would it keep the CPU cool enough if I had a 140mm fan and a 120mm fan?
    That motherboard will only work with the 3820, 3930, and 3960 CPUs (socket LGA2011), which as stated above, won't ever be put to use, not even in 5 years. And that cooler only blocks RAM if you get silly RAM with gimmicky tall heatsinks, normal-height RAM like what I picked will tuck right under it.

32. Post #192
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    Get the evga x79!

33. Post #193
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Could one of you explain how to make a wishlist? I can't seem to figure it out lol. I just finished editing my cart. But I really don't feel like getting individual links.

34. Post #194
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    Go to here:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...WishLists.aspx

And at the top, enter a wishlist name and hit "create new." Then go to your cart, check the box left of "qty" at the top to select all, then click the "move selected to" dropdown and click on the wishlist you made and it will copy all the items over. Then from the wishlist, click the select all button and hit "add to cart" to copy them all back to your cart, and they'll stay in the wishlist. To share the wishlist, go back to the wishlist page linked above, check the wishlist, then click the "make public" button at the bottom. Then click on the list and copy the wishlist ID from the url, then go to the public wishlist listings, and click on any one of them at random, then paste your wishlist ID in the url, replacing theirs, to make a public linkable list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Go to here:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...WishLists.aspx

And at the top, enter a wishlist name and hit "create new." Then go to your cart, check the box left of "qty" at the top to select all, then click the "move selected to" dropdown and click on the wishlist you made and it will copy all the items over. Then from the wishlist, click the select all button and hit "add to cart" to copy them all back to your cart, and they'll stay in the wishlist. To share the wishlist, go back to the wishlist page linked above, check the wishlist, then click the "make public" button at the bottom. Then click on the list and copy the wishlist ID from the url, then go to the public wishlist listings, and click on any one of them at random, then paste your wishlist ID in the url, replacing theirs, to make a public linkable list.
    Thanks.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=27716428

Look good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #196
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=27716428

This is the correct one. You have to go to a public wishlist and copy the id from yours to that one.

37. Post #197
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    That's a mini-ITX motherboard, it only has one PCI-E slot, so you would only be able to install one of your video cards. Plus, Intel motherboards have less features and usually get worse review distributions (more people have problems with them) than other board builders like the MSI one I linked. Other than that, yeah, looks great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    That's a mini-ITX motherboard, it only has one PCI-E slot, so you would only be able to install one of your video cards. Plus, Intel motherboards have less features and usually get worse review distributions (more people have problems with them) than other board builders like the MSI one I linked. Other than that, yeah, looks great.
    Alright. I'll switch out the motherboard for the one you linked. Thanks again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    June 2007
    2,652 Posts
    It looks like a lot of people are having problems with that OCZ PSU, not to mention it's way overkill. I'd suggest this one, where 91% of people gave it 4 or 5 stars, vs only 61% for your OCZ 1250W (and 23% only gave it 1 star, suggesting dead on arrival/unit failure or worse(!))

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171049

Plus it costs a lot less.

Edited:

It also looks like quite a few people were having issues with the patriot RAM you picked as well, I'd suggest this corsair kit instead (plus it's $15 less and the same speed, and also normal height so it'll fit under your CPU cooler)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233280
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Im Dallas Powers
    June 2010
    1,732 Posts
    best thread ever!!!!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)