1. Post #1

August 2011
    138 Posts
    IMPORTANT, READ
    Hello there. Yesterday I visited
    Stonehouse asylum, Dartford in Kent with a freind of mine only to be greeted with many piles of rubble and new housing.

All the labourers had gone home and the site was almost completely abandoned. However, there is still many parts (including

the largest building) still standing but to my misfortune most of which has been destroyed on the interior. This place has

maybe a week left.
    We bumped into the security guard who was a very nice man, we talked to him and explained what we was doing and he was more

than happy to exchange phone numbers and show us around the site on sunday, when the labourers do not work (It was very

late when we went). So my freind and I agreed to come back when t'was sunday. Looking through many windows we, to our

surprise saw that many of the rooms and corridors were still intact as we had hoped for.

A police van pulled up on the premises and asked us what we were doing, we told him that we were just taking photos of the

complex and he was more than happy to share a few stories with us, about how the police used to train their dogs outside

the asylum and in one excersice a woman hid in a cupboard inside th e main building (he said, she was braver than he was)

and none of the police dogs would go inside the main building. These dogs have been trained to endure some of the most

intense envioronments but all refused to enter the main building!!!

On the bus going home wth high hopes for sunday the security guard called me, and said that his project manager had arrived

almost 1 minute after we'd left and had told him that NO-ONE not even for the papers were allowed to take pictures of

inside the complex and he could of lost his job. I was really dissapointed and so sunday had to be called off.

Diggers and other machines on the complex were plentiful and the place has been mostly torn down. It's a shame to say that,

stonehouse asylum, once a great amazing urbex location is now nothing more than a construction site.

If you have question at-all I will answer all.

Below are the very few pictures we captured before meeting the security guard:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2006
    40 Posts
    That looks so scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    282 Posts
    jings...

an abandoned hospital or asylum is the holy grail for me. Specifically an OLD one.

you lucky fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    597 Posts
    Wow, shit, I think I would've stayed outside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    That looks scary as fuck.

Edited:

There are some abandoned buildings in my town (including a hospital)

think I might explore them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,308 Posts
    It's neat that the guards were so polite about you exploring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,674 Posts
    Yeah it's great to hear that the police and security guard were nice. Such a nice building as well, a shame it's being destroyed. It would be hard to find something like that here in Sydney and it would most likely be protected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,472 Posts
    That second-to-last picture is really interesting. What's with the sketches all over it? Is it graffiti? Did someone from the asylum draw it? Did the people boarding up the windows draw it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    82 Posts
    Would love to do this, looks like crazy fun.

10. Post #10
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    this reminded me so much of grave encounters. it's scary how similar some of the stuff looks. you should have watched it before you went in, lol. might have changed your mind about doing it.