1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,079 Posts
    What's a UHC scammer? Two of my friends are marked as that, one of them saying he didn't deliver a single weapon for spycrabbing or something. :S

2. Post #122
    November 2010
    285 Posts
    What's a UHC scammer? Two of my friends are marked as that, one of them saying he didn't deliver a single weapon for spycrabbing or something. :S
    Unusual Hat Club - a now defunct trading website and server that used to be the ultimate source for all things unusual
    New people can't get marked as uhc because uhc no longer exists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    July 2010
    66 Posts
    You're asking this? Really? When you stand as the #1 REASON why that won't ever happen. What happens the second you think you can get back in to scamming? YOU START SCAMMING AGAIN.

Your actions answered your own question. Because of people like you who only want to manipulate others and the system for your own personal benefit and who don't care about who you hurt as long as YOU get what YOU want, programs like this are nearly impossible. It's like the guy who gets out of prison and robs a bank two hours after his release. And everyone then screams about how the parole system is flawed, etc.

YOU are the answer to your own question. Clearly some people never change their ways. Of course you'd do anything to get unmarked because you want to continue to steal from people. You only care about yourself and getting what you want. Friendships mean absolutely nothing to you, and clearly you just want to hurt as many people as you can just so you can try to continue doing whatever the heck you want.
    What about me? I scammed once and now I'm banned from all trade servers and even /r/tf2trade.
    I have been changing my ways and i want to get back into normal trading.
    I have done mulitple sucessful paypal trades, but its not like that means anything as that is really the only way i can trade. People won't even allow me into their highlander teams for "We don't allow marked scammers". So yes, I think a second chance system would be a lot better to give guys like me a chance to actually prove that I can trade safely now.

For example, If you commit a crime, and you go to Steam Rep prison, you can never leave. There are no second chances. Nothing.
    However if you commit and crime and then go to an actual prison, you get a chance.

TL;DR Make a second chance system so people who scammed just once get another chance to do good.

Paypal History: http://i.imgur.com/9BtOc.jpg
    Steam Rep Profile: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198008107656
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Don't use this thread to appeal, like really..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    People won't even allow me into their highlander teams for "We don't allow mark scammers".
    That's just dumb at that point. All you're going to do is play, not trade in a league.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,546 Posts
    That's just dumb at that point. All you're going to do is play, not trade in a league.
    Some teams give team hats

I had to deal with a story about the team hat being a houwar, and the guy spent his own money buying 9 houwars.

Like 2-3 of the people ran off with the houwars, left the team, and removed everyone

:L
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Zing Zing x 3Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    April 2011
    8,322 Posts
    Scamming in TF2 is quite interesting.

I mean, the ways of life really are colorful, but stealing pixels on screen?

Where's even point in that? This really puzzles me even more than murders. Those can be at least explained via psychology to some degree. But with this virtual hat business, there's no reason to even care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,169 Posts
    Scamming in TF2 is quite interesting.

I mean, the ways of life really are colorful, but stealing pixels on screen?

Where's even point in that? This really puzzles me even more than murders. Those can be at least explained via psychology to some degree. But with this virtual hat business, there's no reason to even care.
    considering you can sell items for a bunch of money (some reach as high as 2k+ per), i'd say it very much has a point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #129
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    why did everyone make this thread about some random scammer and not the actual person the thread was about?

I bet he's happy everyone shut up about him

Edited:

is that actually him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weyGfo-QyDM

he looks like an emo fag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    April 2011
    8,322 Posts
    considering you can sell items for a bunch of money (some reach as high as 2k+ per), i'd say it very much has a point
    But you can find a job and make 5x as much money way faster without trading anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    But you can find a job and make 5x as much money way faster without trading anything.
    But it also takes 5x more effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,615 Posts
    Underage russians meng.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,250 Posts
    He kind of looks like me.... I thought he was like, 30.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #134

June 2012
    321 Posts
    Back to the OP shall we?

I have traded with aces in the past and sold my purple modest to him. He paid me the full amount after we traded and there wasnt any issue at all. I didnt find any problem with him. I fail to see what problem people have with him other that making fun coz he's famous etc etc.

Also there's a difference between trading up and buying a hat for few strange weapons or game copies. You can buy say a energy milkman for 4 and then sell it for 5, but buying it for a few keys or Stranges/craft hats is unethical and essentially scamming since you are deceiving the seller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 India Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    That hair color doesn't fit him... even if it's his natural color..

Edited:

I have traded with aces in the past and sold my purple modest to him. He paid me the full amount after we traded and there wasnt any issue at all.
    No one is calling him a scammer so that's really irrelevant, read the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136

June 2012
    321 Posts
    No one is calling him a scammer so that's really irrelevant, read the OP.
    Nah that's not what I meant. What I am saying is that I know him from that instance and he seemed like a normal guy. And the OP and some others accused him of sharking which I doubt seeing some of his trade histories.

17. Post #137
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    Nah that's not what I meant. What I am saying is that I know him from that instance and he seemed like a normal guy. And the OP and some others accused him of sharking which I doubt seeing some of his trade histories.
    Well aces isn't some super shark who uses a private search and sharks burning god tiers all the time, but it's still very hypocritical from him to dedicate a whole board to reporting sharks when he himself gives tips on how to shark to his fans.

[url]

Some quotes from the video:

"Note that this is not scamming. Getting a good deal out someone is not scamming since you're not using like scamming methods. You just... taking advantage of him I guess. But it's not scamming. Please know the difference"

"So first of all you have to find your potential target. Let's say you see a guy and he got like 50 hours and a vintage tyrants helm."

"And if you're on a trade server. The person most likely knows what he is doing so..."

"Never mention the quality of the item you want"

"What would you like for it? Would you like some weapons? Stranges? Hats?" "Most people are interestes in stranges" "You have to have a stock of shit stranges like boston basher or like flamethrowers 1 rec stranges or stuff like that"

"What's you favorite class?"

"Most of my trades go along that path"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    September 2010
    1,093 Posts
    I got a question about steamrep. I'm working on a trading bot and I don't feel like making an alt. Gigabyte doesn't use one of his accounts and I was wondering if I could use it for my trade bot without being marked for using an alt of Gigabyte.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,898 Posts
    I got a question about steamrep. I'm working on a trading bot and I don't feel like making an alt. Gigabyte doesn't use one of his accounts and I was wondering if I could use it for my trade bot without being marked for using an alt of Gigabyte.
    here's an idea

make an alt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #140
    September 2010
    1,093 Posts
    here's an idea

make an alt?
    I'm really cheap and rather not spend the $.49 cents

Edit:
    I made the alt.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/tr4d3b0t
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,898 Posts
    I'm really cheap and rather not spend the $.49 cents
    well then you're just an asshat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,258 Posts
    I'd rather spend $.49 than use an account of one of the most well-known (well, according to him anyway) scammers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #143
    September 2010
    1,093 Posts

24. Post #144
    July 2012
    69 Posts
    well then you're just an asshat
    Kabuto asked the shopkeeper, "Here's a bright idea. Why not buy one yourself?"
    The shopkeeper drank some of his ale, looked at Kabuto, and replied, "I'm a cheap man, lad; I'd rather not spend the pence."
    "Well, then you're just bloody ignorant," said Kabuto in disgust to the shopkeeper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    November 2010
    285 Posts
    What about me? I scammed once and now I'm banned from all trade servers and even /r/tf2trade.
    I have done mulitple sucessful paypal trades, but its not like that means anything as that is really the only way i can trade. People won't even allow me into their highlander teams for "We don't allow marked scammers". So yes, I think a second chance system would be a lot better to give guys like me a chance to actually prove that I can trade safely now.

For example, If you commit a crime, and you go to Steam Rep prison, you can never leave. There are no second chances. Nothing.
    However if you commit and crime and then go to an actual prison, you get a chance.

TL;DR Make a second chance system so people who scammed just once get another chance to do good.

They MAY untag you if you return the item and show regret. That's the ONLY way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    November 2010
    285 Posts
    Some teams give team hats

I had to deal with a story about the team hat being a houwar, and the guy spent his own money buying 9 houwars.

Like 2-3 of the people ran off with the houwars, left the team, and removed everyone

:L
    wow what the fuck
    by the way can you get me in touch with that guy? I want to be on a HOUWAR team where the leader gives the clan hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,546 Posts
    They MAY untag you if you return the item and show regret. That's the ONLY way.
    after a little someone, i doubt that'd happen anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    July 2012
    69 Posts
    after a little someone, i doubt that'd happen anymore
    Sage explained how he wanted to be allowed back into the town.
    The man looked at him and said, "Perhaps if you return what you have stolen and apologize, they'll let you back in."
    The old, frail lady next to the man remarked, "I doubt you'd be let back in after what one lad did."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

29. Post #149
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I never knew what they looked like, but now I think Ace is pretty attractive. Even if that wasn't true, I could think of much better things to call them out on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    I'm not a SteamRep admin though, neither am I a middleman anymore.

Also, I'd hardly call what I do "sharking" if it's a ladder trade where only ~10~20% profit is gained per trade. Look for people who are willing to overpay for an item because they need it. You know, supply and demand?

wait what the fuck you have a youtube partnership and you're posting your videos in a thread where the opinion is largely negative towards you?

holy fuck what a devious, undermining way to scum a few extra bucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,996 Posts
    wait what the fuck you have a youtube partnership and you're posting your videos in a thread where the opinion is largely negative towards you?

You know whats funny? I never get adverts on YouTube, ever. Even before I installed AdBlock Plus.
    So he never earned a penny out of me when I watched his videos.

32. Post #152
    You know whats funny? I never get adverts on YouTube, ever. Even before I installed AdBlock Plus.
    So he never earned a penny out of me when I watched his videos.
    youtube partnerships get paid by the view

Edited:

or every 1000 views iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,996 Posts
    youtube partnerships get paid by the view

Edited:

or every 1000 views iirc
    Really? Last time I checked it was based of adsenses method, paid in pennies per click.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

34. Post #154
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    I never knew what they looked like, but now I think Ace is pretty attractive. Even if that wasn't true, I could think of much better things to call them out on.
    nigga u gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #155
    September 2010
    1,093 Posts

Reupload his vids on another youtube and repost?

36. Post #156
    OFFICIAL ROLLER COASTER TYCOON ENTHUSIAST
    December 2011
    767 Posts
    Since when is sharking just as bad as scamming (according to SteamRep)...?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but:

Haha what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #157
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,996 Posts
    Since when is sharking just as bad as scamming (according to SteamRep)...?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but:

-snip-

Haha what the fuck
    Most of those he didn't check their posts, he just said yeah they're active rather than checking if they messaged in the last 24 hours. He also could've speeded up the process by copy and pasting the number instead of typing it in, sounds like he was trying his hardest to extend the video as much as possible.

38. Post #158
    July 2010
    690 Posts
    Come at me bros. It's okay; I'm the most hated person in the TF2 trading community.
    ONE of the most hated. You've got the likes of Parazit to keep you company.

Edited:

Even though you've "changed your ways" there's nothing stopping you from returning to the past life of scamming other accounts. This is why trade banning and being marked as a scammer is permanent. There is no second chance to those who have gone down the shadowy path. Your only alternative is to start again and trade items over if possible.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,615 Posts
    I think it's kinda dumb. Criminals don't stay in jail forever unless they murdered someone and comapring murder to hats....ehhh come on now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    I think it's 12 kinds of pathetic what people do for hats

play the game
    get hat drops
    trade your drops for hats you want

woopdedoo