1. Post #41
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    I'm planning on opening a bank account next month when I get my ID.

2. Post #42
    September 2010
    912 Posts
    I have a similar problem. A few years ago I was in a serious car crash and the left side of my jaw was completely obliterated.It has been awhile and most of it has healed up. Sadly, I will have to live the rest of my life with this pain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22 (list)

3. Post #43
    If PayPal finds out you're underage they'll lock your account indefinitely. Fuck PayPal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

4. Post #44
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    I'm 22

5. Post #45
    You definitely don't look that, my bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

6. Post #46
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    The low quality hides my age :p
    Though I do look a bit young.
    But it's flattering nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I don't want to rain on your parade OP, but you're quite literally, on the scale of probabilty, throwing away everyone's money.

PayPal is NOT a business site for this sort of "donation" work, and while I feel for you and understand this would be public charity, and quite literally a donation to you, PayPal will confiscate all of the funds and you will not see a penny, nor your account again.

You have no bank account.

You have no charitible organization identification tied to your account, nor any form of business.

You need raw funds in the thousands.

This is 110% a clear quick way for them to freeze your account and withhold the funds indefinitely. Even during my time working with small businesses, I've seen this happen to legitimate registered entities.

Suddenly you have acquired a large amount of income in your account with no prior history... hmm, totally not suspicious to them?

Once again, I'm not looking to put you down, but you are risking everyone's donations.

Edited:

We've even had members and businesses that originated from Facepunch which had this happen to them. If you don't believe me, I can have some of them post here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    October 2005
    49 Posts
    Like amc said if you actually start to get a sizeable amount of money it's probably going to be taken away by paypal. You're 22 and you don't have a bank account? Get one asap, couldn't imagine not having one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    I know what you feel, I have a similar misalignment, though not as major. On the other hand, my bottom center incisors (I'm not sure about the names, English isn't my primary language) are quite terribly irregular, probably because my jaw was/is growing too slowly and one of them is partially behind the second one.
    The only hope I have is that after finishing college I'll work abroad in order to afford braces or an operation because I live in eastern Europe and wages are horrendous here.

10. Post #50
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    OP, it probably doesn't mean much, seeing as how I've got no money myself, but I'd like to wish you the best.

I'm not a religious man, but I hope things go the way you need them. I want the best possible outcome to happen to you man, I read your story... the whole stuff with your dad...

I don't know how it will... but this will work out. Somehow.

11. Post #51

May 2012
    180 Posts
    Good luck OP

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    This is why I love Facepunch.

Also
    The TMJ is on the right side of my jaw, which makes my jaw pop, creak, crack, and snap alot
    I don't have TMJ (I hope) but my jaw does that too, should I be worrying?

Also, I would donate... If my paypal account wasn't frozen for some reason.
    But I wish you lots of luck...You're going to need it.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,737 Posts
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1112320
    These guys may be able to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    I removed the paypal link, amcfaggots post makes sense, i wouldnt want anybody's money to wasted. The amount that's in there now is plenty to cover bus fare for a few round trips to the dentist which is helpful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Damn bro I feel really fucking sorry for you. I have like $15 leftover in bitcoins that I'll donate once I can figure out how to get it from bitcoins to paypal. Goodluck bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    Oh God I just browsed LMAO pics thread and came here, this upsets me :(

OP. I am underage (16), and since PayPal don't allow me in that age there's nothing I can donate. But if there is one way, some kind of another way to donate I'd like to know. I don't got alot but I'll donate what I can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Dennab
    July 2012
    62 Posts
    get a job you dumb goober
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,518 Posts
    I'd donate money to this kid before i donate money to lithifold and his fat partner for a steampunk wedding that's for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    7,011 Posts
    Like others said, make a Kickstarter, and don't just put it on Facepunch, try putting it on Reddit too. If you're lucky, you might get enough cash to pay for it in full and maybe even a little more to help cover day to day expenses. I've seen a lot of kickstarters gain huge momentum on Reddit and its full of generous people, like Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    July 2012
    62 Posts
    Like others said, make a Kickstarter, and don't just put it on Facepunch, try putting it on Reddit too. If you're lucky, you might get enough cash to pay for it in full and maybe even a little more to help cover day to day expenses. I've seen a lot of kickstarters gain huge momentum on Reddit and its full of generous people, like Facepunch.
    or stop whining on an internet forum and get a job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    7,011 Posts
    or stop whining on an internet forum and get a job
    He might be lucky to find a minimum wage job, and after taxes and social security, he'll have very little left to fund the braces.

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    July 2012
    62 Posts
    uh no
    before taxes if he worked 40 hours a week for a month he'd make $1184.00 (7.40/hour)
    after taxes (17%) he would have $982.72
    even if he spent 90% of that on lube and cheetoes he'd still have money to put away for braces
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    Full time job would be hard to get. Even a janitor job requires a GED and experience. How you're supposed to get experience when you need it to get experience is beyond me.

Edited:

Plus I'd have to make $150, after taxes, more a month than I get via disability, in order to pay for braces, not including the gigantic up-front fee for the installation.

The amount they give you for disability is changed depending on income. Say I got a job and made 400 a month, they'd take away 400 from my disability, I think. T

he only reason anybody should be getting disability is if they've been deemed unfit to work because either physical or mental issues or both by a professional doctor through incredibly frustrating and time consuming testing and examination, and it's difficult as fuck to even pass the legal investigations too. They check everything, they don't want to give people money, so they're very careful to make sure the person really is too ill to work. Anybody who is fit to work and manages to get on disability is committing fraud.

If they manage to get better and get a job without notifying whoever it is that gives them the money will be in for some big legal shit.

Sorry for the random brain dump, I just felt like explaining more about what disability is for some reason, because alot of people think it's as easy as walking in, saying "hello i can't work i'm sick" and walking out with wads of cash to blow on gadgets.

24. Post #64
    Dennab
    July 2012
    62 Posts
    it's called working at mcdonalds. they hire fuckups, they'll hire you
    all you're doing is making excuses for yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    You're amazing! Where'd you get your medical degree? You've managed to prove all 10 of the doctors, and their assistants, I've seen over the past 12 years wrong without even performing an examination on me. They had to have me come in for testing 4 hours a day for a week, but they were wrong all along. You deserve a nobel prize for your incredible abilities!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    Dennab
    July 2012
    62 Posts
    if you actually have anxiety issues then getting your repulsive teeth fixed isn't going to cure that
    lern2talk2ppl

Edited:

do you plan to be jobless your entire life

Edited:

aka useless

(User was banned for this post ("Don't be an ass" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    Pffhahaha

I love the picture, it's hilarious, my new facebook picture, thanks.

Here's the picture he posted by the way, since he edited it out.
    http://i.imgur.com/5SSz4.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    921 Posts
    Honestly man, I am beyond confused. You are 22, went through school, but don't have a high school diploma?

You have a medical condition, and qualify for medicare/medicaid(or do you not live below the poverty line)? It also appears you have insurance, but aren't willing to make it a legal battle that could cost you nothing, instead you want a ton of strangers to donate to your cause. Do you really have more faith in us than people who are experts on the system? As I said before, you could call up your local lawyer, explain your problem, and you'd probably get a FREE consultation, then if he takes the case, the settlement would cover your lawyer fees in your situation.

You seem to think a job won't help because it doesn't pay enough. In this day and age, there are banks, and these banks do financing. Hell, some dentists offices do financing(some 0%!). I have a close friend who is in a worse situation than you, lives paycheck to paycheck(her parents threw her out at 18, while she was in high school, and she worked FULL TIME at Dennys to pay for an apartment, without a diploma at the time mind you), and even she was able to afford braces for herself. Every month on her Calendar she has a day marked to pay them. At least you have insurance, she has nothing. She's also 3 years younger than you, she'll be turning 20 in a month. I, nor anyone else, has given her a dime, and I don't see why your situation is any more deserving.

I'm sorry, but you just can't convince me you need us to donate to your medical fund. You are more than capable. You don't need a high school diploma to work at McDonalds. If you have a diploma(which you certainly do, you say you went through school), you don't need a GED. There is nothing stopping you either, other than filling out applications. So, from all these tests, are you disabled or are you not? Because if you are, you don't need us, you're covered by free programs. If you aren't disabled, you don't need us again, as you are more than capable to do this yourself. Are you underage? Because if so, this would make much more sense. I would suggest going to your school and talking to your councellor(who are EXPERTS at stuff like this, more than just assigning classes every year). If you dropped out, well then goddamn, what did you expect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    I have medicaid, but they say they don't cover braces for those over 18. Would a lawyer really be able to make them make an exception? I know nothing about the whole legal thing, so if anybody here actually knows if that's possible let me know.

As for getting financing, doesn't that require some kind of credit?

Also, I don't remember ever saying I graduated either but just to clarify I quit the second I could when I turned 16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    921 Posts
    I have medicaid, but they say they don't cover braces for those over 18. Would a lawyer really be able to make them make an exception?

As for getting financing, doesn't that require some kind of credit?

I don't remember ever saying I graduated either but just to clarify I quit the second I could when I turned 16.
    Why exactly? You obviously weren't assisting with one of the core needs of your family without getting a job. If you had stuck with it, you'd be in a hell of a good place right now, at 22 you'd be done with college, and the grant/scholarships at your income level would have made it free. Damn, their lives would be turned around if you had gotten your education don't you think?

So where's the disconnect? Why don't you have a job? It sucks that you're on medicaid bro but you still have options that require effort on your part. Financing is EASY to get at the age of 22, especially when you just get yourself some work.

Here's an article on braces for medicaid patients.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4598492...er-braces.html

Cosmetics: No
    Medical Condition: Yes
    This is for children and teens though, which you honestly look like.

Go get a lawyer if you've been denied. Honestly though, I'd rather you go get a job and pay for it yourself(why waste money when it can be used for someone who really need it?). You still haven't presented a valid reason to not have SOMETHING at the age of 22.

31. Post #71
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Well, I have 100 dollars saved up, the braces are supposedly going to cost $3000-$5000 USD, and the up-front payment 1000-2000 USD.

I'm sorry, I feel horrible asking but I really don't know what else to do, and I don't feel like have to get jaw surgery and full mouth dentures when i'm 35.

I almost considered making a kickstarter and saying I'd make a 30 minute documentary of the progress but I can't imagine anybody wanting to fund that.
    You have literally nothing to lose, and I believe that if you put a sad tune to it, people would be happy to fund it.

Edited:

Well we know my mother can't really help

My dad on the other hand refuses to communicate with me because I am gay and he's very religious.

When I came out he actually went to the police and tried to have them put a GPS anklet on me and take my brother and my sisters 4 year old son out of the house so I don't "fiddle them". One time he saw me walking with my partner and he pulled over, got out, and pushed me against a fence with his hand on my collar at an intersection yelling at me, humiliating me. Luckily it was only like 20 seconds and he quickly left.
    So your dad is extremely poor but thinks he's in a place of power to judge anyone? What a piece of scum.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    I've had braces. Luckily only for 8 months though, they were quickly off for me.

It only hurts the first month or so, and when they change the rubber string that's yanking on your teeth.

It's totally worth it. My teeth looks goodio now.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,447 Posts
    I've had braces. Luckily only for 8 months though, they were quickly off for me.

It only hurts the first month or so, and when they change the rubber string that's yanking on your teeth.

It's totally worth it. My teeth looks goodio now.
    I had braces for a year and a half before I got them off. a few months after taking them off and having perfect teeth, I was hit by a car, screwing up my teeth again. 3 years later, still need more dental work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,665 Posts
    Why are you on disability, op?

Edited:

Honestly man, I am beyond confused. You are 22, went through school, but don't have a high school diploma?

You have a medical condition, and qualify for medicare/medicaid(or do you not live below the poverty line)? It also appears you have insurance, but aren't willing to make it a legal battle that could cost you nothing, instead you want a ton of strangers to donate to your cause. Do you really have more faith in us than people who are experts on the system? As I said before, you could call up your local lawyer, explain your problem, and you'd probably get a FREE consultation, then if he takes the case, the settlement would cover your lawyer fees in your situation.

You seem to think a job won't help because it doesn't pay enough. In this day and age, there are banks, and these banks do financing. Hell, some dentists offices do financing(some 0%!). I have a close friend who is in a worse situation than you, lives paycheck to paycheck(her parents threw her out at 18, while she was in high school, and she worked FULL TIME at Dennys to pay for an apartment, without a diploma at the time mind you), and even she was able to afford braces for herself. Every month on her Calendar she has a day marked to pay them. At least you have insurance, she has nothing. She's also 3 years younger than you, she'll be turning 20 in a month. I, nor anyone else, has given her a dime, and I don't see why your situation is any more deserving.

I'm sorry, but you just can't convince me you need us to donate to your medical fund. You are more than capable. You don't need a high school diploma to work at McDonalds. If you have a diploma(which you certainly do, you say you went through school), you don't need a GED. There is nothing stopping you either, other than filling out applications. So, from all these tests, are you disabled or are you not? Because if you are, you don't need us, you're covered by free programs. If you aren't disabled, you don't need us again, as you are more than capable to do this yourself. Are you underage? Because if so, this would make much more sense. I would suggest going to your school and talking to your councellor(who are EXPERTS at stuff like this, more than just assigning classes every year). If you dropped out, well then goddamn, what did you expect?
    Excellent post.

I've seen a few people I know in similar situations.

As long as you have a roof over your head, you'll be able to fix everything.

35. Post #75
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    You have literally nothing to lose, and I believe that if you put a sad tune to it, people would be happy to fund it.

Edited:

So your dad is extremely poor but thinks he's in a place of power to judge anyone? What a piece of scum.
    My dad could probably afford my braces, $150-$200 a month or so, but he's still quite poor, he just has a very cheap apartment and doesn't have cable/internet only the absolute basics. He hasn't lived with us since 1997 or so though.

Edited:

I don't see how I look like a child, very flattering though, but maybe these will show that I am at least 18
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/234...tsideughgh.jpg
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9872/83087239.jpg

Edited:

I had braces for a year and a half before I got them off. a few months after taking them off and having perfect teeth, I was hit by a car, screwing up my teeth again. 3 years later, still need more dental work.
    That sounds awful, I hope at least they aren't causing pain anymore?

Edited:

Apparently my mom made me a savings account 5 years ago so I managed to actually verify my paypal now.

I don't know if anybody would want to donate anymore but if you do you can PM me I guess.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,988 Posts
    If PayPal finds out you're underage they'll lock your account indefinitely. Fuck PayPal.
    It's only locked until you turn 18. I had my frozen because I apparently didn't get a proof of ID, and it was frozen for being under 18 when I sent it in. Got an e-mail saying it would be unlocked when I turn 18 and prove my social social security number is valid.

Still PayPal is far and above a horrible service for reasons stated in this thread and otherwise.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,447 Posts
    My dad could probably afford my braces, $150-$200 a month or so, but he's still quite poor, he just has a very cheap apartment and doesn't have cable/internet only the absolute basics. He hasn't lived with us since 1997 or so though.

Edited:

I don't see how I look like a child, very flattering though, but maybe these will show that I am at least 18
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/234...tsideughgh.jpg
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9872/83087239.jpg

Edited:

That sounds awful, I hope at least they aren't causing pain anymore?

Edited:

Apparently my mom made me a savings account 5 years ago so I managed to actually verify my paypal now.

I don't know if anybody would want to donate anymore but if you do you can PM me I guess.
    If you want to start a new bank account, try wells fargo. They have free checking/savings and all of the fees are for optional services. There might be a minimum account balance though, I don't remember.

Edited:

And my teeth are pretty much fixed now, I just need to swap out my temporary crown for a permanent one before I break it on something.

38. Post #78
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    And my teeth are pretty much fixed now, I just need to swap out my temporary crown for a permanent one before I break it on something.
    That's good, I hope the person who hit you covered the costs, that shit is expensive.