1. Post #5841
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,999 Posts
    So what the fuck happened ?

Looks like you have wandered into the depths of Hell.

Edited:

It's most likely a helicopter crash

or multiple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #5842
    June 2010
    3,907 Posts
    helercawpter crash. go find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5843
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    Napalm strike, some guy in Cherno must have finally gotten a killstreak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #5844
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    They should really make it so your character is left on the server for 10-20 seconds after you abort.

2 snipers got away from me last night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

5. Post #5845
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,611 Posts
    Satchel Chargers are fun.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5846
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,194 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5847
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts

I don't know, i was there as well, elektro was simply fucked up. Absolutely no zombies around and the whole town was just blazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

8. Post #5848
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,027 Posts
    We found a motorbike there like 4 days ago or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

9. Post #5849
    I saw a picture like this one, but it was Stalker themed, Cherno was Duty base, elektro was freedom, there was a thing in the corner of the map saying "Find strelok, kill strelok"

Anyone still have that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #5850
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,999 Posts
    I saw a picture like this one, but it was Stalker themed, Cherno was Duty base, elektro was freedom, there was a thing in the corner of the map saying "Find strelok, kill strelok"

Anyone still have that?
    Yeah and the Barracks were "Wish Granters"

was on FP server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #5851
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,611 Posts
    So yeah, yesterday I was on a random server in the nwaf. I was camping there until i see this appearing infront of my eyes.

I disconnected so fast. Rejoined after a couple of minutes, I see a heli taking of and crashing near there and at the end, the airfield was looking like this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #5852
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    The Great Helicopter Heist, FP Server

Hey look, a helichopper.

So I found 2 helicopters, picked the best one and destroyed the other.

As I was leaving I saw another one.

And it's broken now.

Then I flew away and looted some camps and vehicles.

And karma got me when I heard footsteps right next to me and someone shooting me right next to me. I spun around like I had ants in my pants but I couldn't see him. I'm pretty sure he was invisible but oh well, I deserved it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #5853
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    Out of curiosity, why did you damage the choppers you couldn't take?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5854
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Possession goods. Have something no-one else can have. Burn the field after a harvest kind of thing, you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #5855
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    Possession goods. Have something no-one else can have. Burn the field after a harvest kind of thing, you know.
    Oh, same reason nc suggests saving tents after emptying them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5856
    September 2010
    13 Posts

That was me! My friend was driving the heli and accidently ejected and it crashed and we both died. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #5857
    September 2009
    925 Posts
    I'm trying to join the uspvt server but it keeps saying it's locked even though there's people on it, any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #5858
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,999 Posts
    Oh, same reason nc suggests saving tents after emptying them.
    Yep.

Problem is is that it doesn't work because of server glitches

19. Post #5859
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,194 Posts
    I'm trying to join the uspvt server but it keeps saying it's locked even though there's people on it, any ideas?
    Its about to restart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #5860
    September 2009
    925 Posts
    Its about to restart
    Oh right, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5861
    July 2012
    1,762 Posts
    Found a chopper at chernogosk, didn't take it because I don't know how to fly choppers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #5862
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Found a chopper at chernogosk, didn't take it because I don't know how to fly choppers
    It's as easy as holding Q, tipping the chopper forward and flying into a powerline.

Howto DayZ Choppers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #5863
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,269 Posts
    So I spent about two hours yesterday running from Pavlovo to Kabanino to regroup with a bunch of my friends. While I'm laying down waiting for them to arrive at my location I get shot by some douchebag sniper. They were like half a click away from my location. Man this game feels so pointless yet I can't stop playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #5864
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    I was dicking around on side chat and noticed a silhouette on a hill. I looked up and 2 guys were looking down at me, first thing I thought was "Oh shit, sniper spotter team" so I lined up a shot on one guy and shot just as he moved. I popped a couple in the direction of the guy who seemed to be the spotter(he was prone) and shot, narrowly missing as they both retreated behind the hill. I talked to them over side chat and apparently they didn't want to shoot me, so we went our separate ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #5865
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    My buddies and I have a strict scorched earth policy. We destroy all tents and vehicles, hide all bodies, etc. We tend to find a lot on our routes, we sort of have a rough idea of where people hide stuff usually (like where I found the choppers) so we manage to scorch a lot of earth. It has served us well since the first couple weeks of DayZ release, and even moreso now since tents and vehicles are a-okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #5866
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,999 Posts
    My buddies and I have a strict scorched earth policy. We destroy all tents and vehicles, hide all bodies, etc. We tend to find a lot on our routes, we sort of have a rough idea of where people hide stuff usually (like where I found the choppers) so we manage to scorch a lot of earth. It has served us well since the first couple weeks of DayZ release, and even moreso now since tents and vehicles are a-okay.
    IMO its better to leave them with nothing and have them know you were there then leave them with everything and a chance to fight back.

27. Post #5867
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,020 Posts
    Battle brothers! I have been unable to play recently as I am switching computers. I'll be back when it's all put together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #5868
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Came back to my tent, found a dead guy inside of it with all my missing loot

Don't crawl into tents kids, they'll fuck your shit up.

29. Post #5869
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    I prefer to leave tents intact since the contents respawns after every server restart.

Edited:

I think James is bored.

30. Post #5870
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    3,985 Posts
    I killed a guy in the Firestation who was shooting at some zombies, earlier.

L86 with silenced ammo FTW.

Thanks for the M14 AIM and Toolbox. The latter was exactly the item I was looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #5871
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    I killed a guy in the Firestation who was shooting at some zombies, earlier.

L86 with silenced ammo FTW.

Thanks for the M14 AIM and Toolbox. The latter was exactly the item I was looking for.
    Another asshole who kills in spite (not that I'm any different, trying to reconcile myself though).

Jesus Christ this is like living on Omega, you don't have to look far for scumbags to shoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #5872
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    3,985 Posts
    Another asshole who kills in spite (not that I'm any different, trying to reconcile myself though).

Jesus Christ this is like living on Omega, you don't have to look far for scumbags to shoot.
    In my defense, reading this thread has made me super parano´d, I've only killed 2 people so far (they were far from unarmed, if maybe a bit sub-par equiment-wise), I don't bait or don't bullshit people about being friendly (heck, I just try to avoid giving away my position), and I have a really useful rifle I don't want to lose. Not to mention the NEAF is kind of a designated kill-zone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #5873
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    In my defense, reading this thread has made me super parano´d, I've only killed 2 people so far (they were far from unarmed, if maybe a bit sub-par equiment-wise), I don't bait or don't bullshit people about being friendly (heck, I just try to avoid giving away my position), and I have a really useful rifle I don't want to lose. Not to mention the NEAF is kind of a designated kill-zone.
    I understand self defense but you didn't have to kill him. I mean I would understand if he jumped you or saw you at least, but if they're arrogant to you're existence then I usually just sit there and wait for them to piss off or scare them off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #5874
    The Great Helicopter Heist, FP Server
    ye
    are a cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5875
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,842 Posts
    Found a tubeframe pickup dangerously close to the coastline north of Berezino
    The instant I got in and drove off, sever admin says "shame on you"
    uhh

Edited:

I understand self defense but you didn't have to kill him. I mean I would understand if he jumped you or saw you at least, but if they're arrogant to you're existence then I usually just sit there and wait for them to piss off or scare them off
    that doesn't work at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #5876
    Going to port DayZ to another map, either Panthera, Ovaron or something else I dont know what yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

37. Post #5877
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

38. Post #5878
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,323 Posts
    So I spent about three hours on a quiet DayZ server with some friends. It was 2am server time, so it was pitch black. I logged in first and stumbled across an old half-build concrete building with a perpetual trashcan-fire within its center; and surrounding every entrance, a previous player barricaded it.

It was on the edge of a major town, surrounded by a tall fence. So after an hour of hanging out, waiting for my friends to home in on my location, using landmarks as map points, we finally did meet up.

After which we surrounded the area and armed ourselves with the misc. crap spawns that the building provided. Some of us got lucky and received hatchets... while the others were on flare and flashlight duty.

So, with the one guy with the pistol (THAT HE DARE NOT USE) taking point, two axmen backing him up with our flashlight dude at the back (and one guy that was lucky to find a map on his way to our base navigating from home over VOIP), we slowly made our way into town and gathered supplies.

We found some pistols, revolvers, food, canteens, watches, plenty of bolts and a few crossbows. We dispatched a handful of zombies and retrieved two tents and some more hatches, plus a few boxes of matches.

We carefully returned to base, spread our gear between the lot of us, and decided to find a place to set up camp.

We decided atop a hill with lots of trees for firewood, and around a few towns and sites, with fresh water at the base of said hill for refilling.

All-in-all, my first successful night of DayZ. (:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

39. Post #5879
    Just checked, when did they nerf the fucking bizon? it does 800 points, the same damage as a fucking makarov? what the fuck is that? I went to go shoot somebody and he turns around after taking 7 shots in the back and shoots me once.

40. Post #5880
    Just checked, when did they nerf the fucking bizon? it does 800 points, the same damage as a fucking makarov? what the fuck is that? I went to go shoot somebody and he turns around after taking 7 shots in the back and shoots me once.
    The Bizon shoots makarov ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)