1. Post #6281
    AMD usually fucks up on drivers the odd times they do release updates for them, I'd go with nVidia which nets you better driver support and decent differences with same-price AMDs in other games.
    I have never ever had "fucks up on drivers" happen to me within the last 2 years using Windows 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6282
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts

We Shot Franz Ferdinand

This happened on US199. My buddy and I were making our regular routes where we most commonly find vehicles. We both logged out on the coast yesterday so we were doing our noob route that we normally take when we first spawn.

We found an ATV at the orange marker but we didn't find anything along our route until we reached the end of the red marker shown above. We saw 1 fella and a shit ton of camps. We kill the person, decent gear but not better than ours. We loot the tents and save/run them over. Then we continue on. Although it was hard to see at night the moon was hella bright so we weren't having the worst time doing this.

At location 1 we find a HUGE amount of tents on a hill. Plenty of satchel charges, lots of supplies. Again, loot-pillage-burn tactic was used. Then we notice some more camps which lead us to location 2. At location 2 there was a truck with a lot of supplies and more tents. But we heard trouble. A helicopter was scouting the area. This would have normally made us piss our breeches but we have had this situation happen before. We assume we messed with a small group of 2 or 3 other people. We hide the in the trees, hoping the moonlight won't give us away. Then the chopper stops moving and hovers probably 600, maybe 700 meters away. My friend couldn't make the shot because he was too close to it (he was at location 2, I was at 1)). I took a few shots and managed to kill 3 people in the chopper (!!!!!), the chopper loses control but stabilizes and flys to the left of location 2. At this point we realize that maybe we're in for a bit of a rape.

My friend at location 2 pursues the chopper and watches it land, 1 person gets out and makes his way up a hill. My friend backed off and went north for a bit because this guy was too far away to judge the range of the shot. So he was just spotting him for me. The guy who gets out of the chopper eventually gets to a useless location where he can't see either of us so we weren't too concerned about him. I start looking south from location 1 to see if anyone was sneaking up on us. I saw 2 vehicles parked (truck and a UAZ) and 6 people standing around outside them. Quickly I run back and place some satchel charges in the camp at location 1 hoping they would come up there (spoiler: they didn't :( ).

Meanwhile my friend (blue) snipes helicopter pilot sitting on a hill (green) and then begins to run for the helicopter (purple). Immediately the group of 6 people that I was watching start barreling down to the chopper and completely go around the hill I was on. My friend tells me to take the ATV over to the north hill above location 2. He gets in the chopper and starts to get shot at.

My buddy breaks the helicopter on a shitty landing (oh well, at least nobody gets it now) but doesn't get blown up or anything. We both move to the blue location knowing that they would be enticed to the helicopter. Sure enough we see in the moonlight 3 people charging the helicopter to get it and 3 people sniping on a small hill. We try taking out the snipers first but the people charging the chopper were really annoying. They had thermal L85A2's so they could see us when we weren't behind trees, whereas we had a fucking hell of a time seeing them. We take out 2 snipers and 2 people by the chopper. We saw 1 sniper straight up disconnect and another guy was MIA. After 5 minutes of waiting for it all to cool down we go check the bodies. And then the madmin alert was sounded as we got kicked for being able to see with our AS50's (non-thermal) despite the moon shining bright. We weren't even mad though.

This was easily our most memorable DayZ experience since playing in April and one of our only "wars" that didn't end in either complete tragedy, hilarious failure or comedic betrayal.

tl;dr

I most likely got the location wrong but it's the rough idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 16Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #6283
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,226 Posts

We Shot Franz Ferdinand

This happened on US199. My buddy and I were making our regular routes where we most commonly find vehicles. We both logged out on the coast yesterday so we were doing our noob route that we normally take when we first spawn.

We found an ATV at the orange marker but we didn't find anything along our route until we reached the end of the red marker shown above. We saw 1 fella and a shit ton of camps. We kill the person, decent gear but not better than ours. We loot the tents and save/run them over. Then we continue on. Although it was hard to see at night the moon was hella bright so we weren't having the worst time doing this.

At location 1 we find a HUGE amount of tents on a hill. Plenty of satchel charges, lots of supplies. Again, loot-pillage-burn tactic was used. Then we notice some more camps which lead us to location 2. At location 2 there was a truck with a lot of supplies and more tents. But we heard trouble. A helicopter was scouting the area. This would have normally made us piss our breeches but we have had this situation happen before. We assume we messed with a small group of 2 or 3 other people. We hide the in the trees, hoping the moonlight won't give us away. Then the chopper stops moving and hovers probably 600, maybe 700 meters away. My friend couldn't make the shot because he was too close to it (he was at location 2, I was at 1)). I took a few shots and managed to kill 3 people in the chopper (!!!!!), the chopper loses control but stabilizes and flys to the left of location 2. At this point we realize that maybe we're in for a bit of a rape.

My friend at location 2 pursues the chopper and watches it land, 1 person gets out and makes his way up a hill. My friend backed off and went north for a bit because this guy was too far away to judge the range of the shot. So he was just spotting him for me. The guy who gets out of the chopper eventually gets to a useless location where he can't see either of us so we weren't too concerned about him. I start looking south from location 1 to see if anyone was sneaking up on us. I saw 2 vehicles parked (truck and a UAZ) and 6 people standing around outside them. Quickly I run back and place some satchel charges in the camp at location 1 hoping they would come up there (spoiler: they didn't :( ).

Meanwhile my friend (blue) snipes helicopter pilot sitting on a hill (green) and then begins to run for the helicopter (purple). Immediately the group of 6 people that I was watching start barreling down to the chopper and completely go around the hill I was on. My friend tells me to take the ATV over to the north hill above location 2. He gets in the chopper and starts to get shot at.

My buddy breaks the helicopter on a shitty landing (oh well, at least nobody gets it now) but doesn't get blown up or anything. We both move to the blue location knowing that they would be enticed to the helicopter. Sure enough we see in the moonlight 3 people charging the helicopter to get it and 3 people sniping on a small hill. We try taking out the snipers first but the people charging the chopper were really annoying. They had thermal L85A2's so they could see us when we weren't behind trees, whereas we had a fucking hell of a time seeing them. We take out 2 snipers and 2 people by the chopper. We saw 1 sniper straight up disconnect and another guy was MIA. After 5 minutes of waiting for it all to cool down we go check the bodies. And then the madmin alert was sounded as we got kicked for being able to see with our AS50's (non-thermal) despite the moon shining bright. We weren't even mad though.

This was easily our most memorable DayZ experience since playing in April and one of our only "wars" that didn't end in either complete tragedy, hilarious failure or comedic betrayal.

tl;dr

I most likely got the location wrong but it's the rough idea.
    Bahahaha, you know you pissed off the admin when he bans you for fucking his shit up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #6284
    Press A to continue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #6285
    February 2008
    1,784 Posts
    Hahaha, I just love it when admins ban you for killing them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6286
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,840 Posts
    I'm on a regular HIVE server right now, searching for camps 'n' shit
    Can people still store vehicles hundreds of kilometers outside the map?
    If so, this may be a fruitless search
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #6287
    I'm on a regular HIVE server right now, searching for camps 'n' shit
    Can people still store vehicles hundreds of kilometers outside the map?
    If so, this may be a fruitless search
    Yes they can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #6288
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,840 Posts
    Yes they can.
    DAMNIT

9. Post #6289
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,611 Posts
    Epic story here
    I think you can report servers, because an owner of a server should NOT kick you from the server at all (unless it's a private server). You were not hacking of any sort. If you report the server and you have some proof, you could get the dude that owns the server banned and his server blacklisted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

10. Post #6290
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Last time I reported obvious admin abuse nothing happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

11. Post #6291
    Its a impossible for the DayZ staff to actually go over abuse reports because of the time it takes and the nature of "photographic evidence" and manipulation etc. The section is just in the forums so people think the devs are looking after it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #6292
    May 2010
    225 Posts
    These two bandits decided to shoot at our bus and they pretty much wrecked it so we ended up breaking their legs and forcing them to drop their pistols. We then waited for our buddy to pick us up with the helicopter to bring us to a field, after healing them up, this is what we did to them.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #6293
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,188 Posts

Oh god this is the best thing I've ever seen. His entire channel just has this guy stalking him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #6294
    These two bandits decided to shoot at our bus and they pretty much wrecked it so we ended up breaking their legs and forcing them to drop their pistols. We then waited for our buddy to pick us up with the helicopter to bring us to a field, after healing them up, this is what we did to them.

That is sadistic as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6295
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Source is very modular, it could probably run a map two by two miles if the devs wanted to make it so
    Actually that's not true at all. The source engine is, by its very nature designed for small interior spaces, dating back to the quake engine with it's limited .bsp format. A vast open world would apply next none of sources optimisation techniques, as they're mostly based on hiding what the player cannot see. In order to make source work well with a map that large, the entire engine would need to be significantly revised, and then it'd wouldn't be source any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #6296
    May 2010
    225 Posts
    That is sadistic as fuck.
    they deserved it, they destroyed our bus that took us long as hell to get the parts for.

17. Post #6297
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    Who was the dude in a supermarket with a motorcycle, i desynced and panicked then got oneshot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #6298
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,268 Posts
    I had a really good run with a friend yesterday. Fully stocked on supplies, weapons and ammunition. Not sure what to do now. I don't feel like griefing or being an asshole. I've visited most of the inland citites are there any nice places I should visit? I've got a map and compass on this character so navigating is pretty easy. Also, are there any specific areas where helicopter crash sites are more common?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

19. Post #6299
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,611 Posts
    I had a really good run with a friend yesterday. Fully stocked on supplies, weapons and ammunition. Not sure what to do now. I don't feel like griefing or being an asshole. I've visited most of the inland citites are there any nice places I should visit? I've got a map and compass on this character so navigating is pretty easy. Also, are there any specific areas where helicopter crash sites are more common?
    Most heli crashes I've seen are around Stary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #6300

July 2012
    86 Posts
    Was having fun until I fly into an invisible wall with my heli. And now I'm stuck swimming above the ground and cannot access my gear and cannot respawn. :/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #6301
    Anyone got a good map suggestion? Namalsk and Thrisk are discounted for being shit.

Edited:

Was having fun until I fly into an invisible wall with my heli. And now I'm stuck swimming above the ground and cannot access my gear and cannot respawn. :/
    I've reset your location.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #6302
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,750 Posts
    AMD usually fucks up on drivers the odd times they do release updates for them, I'd go with nVidia which nets you better driver support and decent differences with same-price AMDs in other games.
    I've had a 6870 since about release. Never had an issue because of drivers. Stop being a fanboy.

Hosting a Lingor Island server if anyone is looking for one. It's private hive. look up Lingor Island TX1. It's in Houston, TX. It might move to Washington area soon as I have someone who could host it for free with better upload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #6303
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    You should be able to ride horses in dayZ. Tons of animals walking around without the zombies caring about them. Why are there no horses!? A million friggin stables and farms but nooo horses :( I'm serious guys, it should really be implemented. Imo it sounds like a better alternative then a car, doesn't make shitloads of noise and doesn't require gas. Just imagine, hunting people on horseback. A squad of like 5 bandits riding around in elektro shooting people :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #6304
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,869 Posts

Oh god this is the best thing I've ever seen. His entire channel just has this guy stalking him.
    I can't stop laughing, that is possibly the creepiest and most hilarious thing I've seen in DayZ so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

25. Post #6305
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,036 Posts
    is anyone near NWAF on the Fp server?, I was going in the barracks and clipped into the door breaking my legs, I don't have anymore bandages can someone save me? I had lots of medical supply but my backpack disappeared and non I got nothing.

26. Post #6306
    FWB
    July 2012
    1 Posts
    is anyone near NWAF on the Fp server?, I was going in the barracks and clipped into the door breaking my legs, I don't have anymore bandages can someone save me? I had lots of medical supply but my backpack disappeared and non I got nothing.
    I was heading there after i saw your post, but some fuckwit camping in grishino shot me with an L85 (or something)

DC'd and now I have a 5 minute incap. Sorry buddy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #6307
    August 2008
    641 Posts

So.. what happened here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

28. Post #6308
    what are those skins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #6309
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    446 Posts
    what are those skins
    lingor island

30. Post #6310
    Dennab
    July 2012
    1,278 Posts
    Is there an FP server currently running Lingor?
    If so, may I have the connection information?

31. Post #6311
    December 2010
    386 Posts
    So it's my first day playing DayZ right. Go into ausarma teamspeak and made a friend. We travel for like 2 hours up to the small airfield at Krasnostav. We get 2 motorbikes somewhere and he gives me a gun and shit. Anyway. Takes me to his clan's 'base' mfw 5 tents fully stocked with everything. Bookmark the coords on paper for future reference. Walk down to Grisinov? or whatever, screwing around, shoot him in the head with a revolver. Im in his clan's teamspeak at this point. I get my friend to come onto the server, we end up taking the NVG's and hiding with a surpressed m5 and my akm and we kill the 5 people in the clan. Take 2 AS50's and all their ammo. Clan leader comes on, heads up there, doesn't realise i'm in ts. Tells us where he's approaching from so his other mate doesn't kill him, they come from the southern road. I shoot him and my mate kills the other. At this point the rage in their teamspeak is too good.

Devils tower, hey. Aptly named.

tl;dr got rich/killed a clan w/friend on first day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 11Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #6312
    June 2009
    641 Posts
    So it's my first day playing DayZ right. Go into ausarma teamspeak and made a friend. We travel for like 2 hours up to the small airfield at Krasnostav. We get 2 motorbikes somewhere and he gives me a gun and shit. Anyway. Takes me to his clan's 'base' mfw 5 tents fully stocked with everything. Bookmark the coords on paper for future reference. Walk down to Grisinov? or whatever, screwing around, shoot him in the head with a revolver. Im in his clan's teamspeak at this point. I get my friend to come onto the server, we end up taking the NVG's and hiding with a surpressed m5 and my akm and we kill the 5 people in the clan. Take 2 AS50's and all their ammo. Clan leader comes on, heads up there, doesn't realise i'm in ts. Tells us where he's approaching from so his other mate doesn't kill him, they come from the southern road. I shoot him and my mate kills the other. At this point the rage in their teamspeak is too good.

Devils tower, hey. Aptly named.

tl;dr got rich/killed a clan w/friend on first day.
    that's really mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6313
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,335 Posts
    that's mean
    That's the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #6314
    Mother of Dragons
    March 2006
    1,154 Posts
    that's really mean
    Sounds more awesome than mean to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #6315
    December 2010
    386 Posts
    I figured it to be how the game is played. And for any of the moralistic-s out there, i got killed by a hacker 10 minutes ago.

Joy :/

Also - looking for fp'ers to play with (even though I don't post much I've lurked for 2 years or so, like you on a whole) so if you feel like playing with a scrub, well, i'm alright, add my steam id; r1zn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #6316
    WhiskeyViking
    December 2008
    2,756 Posts
    Getting this shit, dear god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #6317
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    So it's my first day playing DayZ right. Go into ausarma teamspeak and made a friend. We travel for like 2 hours up to the small airfield at Krasnostav. We get 2 motorbikes somewhere and he gives me a gun and shit. Anyway. Takes me to his clan's 'base' mfw 5 tents fully stocked with everything. Bookmark the coords on paper for future reference. Walk down to Grisinov? or whatever, screwing around, shoot him in the head with a revolver. Im in his clan's teamspeak at this point. I get my friend to come onto the server, we end up taking the NVG's and hiding with a surpressed m5 and my akm and we kill the 5 people in the clan. Take 2 AS50's and all their ammo. Clan leader comes on, heads up there, doesn't realise i'm in ts. Tells us where he's approaching from so his other mate doesn't kill him, they come from the southern road. I shoot him and my mate kills the other. At this point the rage in their teamspeak is too good. Devils tower, hey. Aptly named. tl;dr got rich/killed a clan w/friend on first day.
    That is just a horrible thing to do. Freaking funny as hell. But man that is so mean. that's the reason I don't trust anyone! Not even noobs who are unarmed, when they get a gun they aren't trustworthy anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #6318
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    I saw 5 survivors all heading into church in Elektro. The AKM makes quick work of the weary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #6319
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,036 Posts
    still at NWAF with broken leg :(

Edited:

and bleeding out

40. Post #6320
    December 2010
    386 Posts
    That is just a horrible thing to do. Freaking funny as hell. But man that is so mean. that's the reason I don't trust anyone! Not even noobs who are unarmed, when they get a gun they aren't trustworthy anymore
    Honestly, we didn't too anything that bad. We only took 2 guns and left all of their supplies + many more weapons. We took only 1/20 of anything of value and didn't share the coords around, or the server.

So in all honesty I think we were quite kind on our murder-looting venture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events