1. Post #121
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,630 Posts
    I was just walking outside of Cherno and I saw a bus driving by, so I tried flagging it down with my flashlight. He stopped, and I was like, "oh, should I walk to it?" Lo and behold the driver steps out, snipes me, and gets right back in.

Who does that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #122
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    I was just walking outside of Cherno and I saw a bus driving by, so I tried flagging it down with my flashlight. He stopped, and I was like, "oh, should I walk to it?" Lo and behold the driver steps out, snipes me, and gets right back in.

Who does that?
    Bus drivers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 24Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,528 Posts

Who does that?
    I do.

Edit for clarification; I wasn't the one who did it this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,630 Posts
    Don't tell me that was you?

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,199 Posts
    Your bus drove within 50 meters of me and milktree getting ready to take off in his chopper. We heard Flicky get shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,371 Posts
    I'm telling you right now, if I had a car approaching me, I'm taking out the driver as he goes by, jacking his shit, and driving my ass up north
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #127
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,613 Posts
    I'm telling you right now, if I had a car approaching me, I'm taking out the driver as he goes by, jacking his shit, and driving my ass up north
    Thats what I did earlier (well I wasn't that interested in their car, but they pulled up to the car I was repairing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,630 Posts
    Except I didn't have a gun. I used my only equipment, my flashlight, to flag it down.

9. Post #129
    Please tell me we're not going to start a shitty argument about how someone got killed again? I mean if you had nothing on you, then why does it matter, you didn't lose anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    January 2008
    1,198 Posts
    oh god best experience i had in dayz in a while ( on the private server). since i crashed a huey i found on top of cherno firestation because of a lack of fuel, i headed to the NW airfield to find another one. i did, at the north end of the runway. it was damaged and nearly empty with fuel so i filed it up with a fuel tank and 3 jerry cans nearby which took about a half hour to do.

i then took off, and since it had pretty much zero repairs done it was spinning like hell. however if you disable auto hover and just wait in the air a minute or two you can eventually get control of it. so i headed south to the coast and passed cherno and electro, getting shot at along the way. i landed near balota so i could pick up 11er and dogmachines but i hit the ground a little to hard and the engine broke. i met up with dogmachines and we searched bolata, komarovo and cherno for hours looking for parts. we fixed the fuel tank, and engine but we never found a rotor assembly which i think would of fixed the spinning.

so dogmachines and i took off spinning like hell while getting shot at by a lee enfield. i was able to get control though and the hull didnt take much damage. it was as dark as hell and the light on the huey was massive, which was really cool. we then proceeded to strafe cherno with dogmachines as the gunner, seeing lots of flashlights, flares and headlights along the way. we ran out of ammo and then headed to the NW airfield to look for a rotor assembly to fix this spinning. at around stary sobor, james says in admin chat that the server is restarting in five minutes. we freaked the fuck out, and tried to land asap. it was next to impossible with all the spinning and we had trouble finding an open area to land too. i tried, but it was just too much and we proceeded to crash into a tree. if it weren't for that damn server restart we would of been fine. well it was fun while it lasted.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,371 Posts
    Except I didn't have a gun. I used my only equipment, my flashlight, to flag it down.
    Some people are just dicks. This isn't the 1998 era of internet gaming where those you met up with had some manners and respect, and honor to not be cheap dirty assholes or even cheat. This is 2012. Where the majority of people you play with are 3 hours late in taking their ritilin

Personally I won't shoot someone unarmed, but unarmed means hands down to their sides. A Flashlight out means they could still have a pistol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    Once again, I find myself asking why I don't shoot first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,283 Posts
    Hmm, someone who isn't actually in the server just posted some shit in cyrillic? Why can I see this?

14. Post #134
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Hmm, someone who isn't actually in the server just posted some shit in cyrillic? Why can I see this?

I get that sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,698 Posts
    Thats what I did earlier (well I wasn't that interested in their car, but they pulled up to the car I was repairing)
    We could've settled that like men, but you had to go all rambo on us
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,388 Posts
    Single shot through the engine block.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

17. Post #137
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Single shot through the engine block.
    Big fuckin' gun.

18. Post #138
    December 2010
    354 Posts
    Just finished up some scavenging in Cherno on the FP server, if you saw it, that was me throwing Road Flares everywhere. Anyways I got A Lee Enfeild with 5 mags, a Makarov with 8 mags, some food, binoculars, a compass, a watch, and a map.

19. Post #139
    Some people are just dicks. This isn't the 1998 era of internet gaming where those you met up with had some manners and respect, and honor to not be cheap dirty assholes or even cheat. This is 2012. Where the majority of people you play with are 3 hours late in taking their ritilin

Personally I won't shoot someone unarmed, but unarmed means hands down to their sides. A Flashlight out means they could still have a pistol.
    I mean I honestly can't tell if this is satire or not, it's just complete retardation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Just finished up some scavenging in Cherno on the FP server, if you saw it, that was me throwing Road Flares everywhere. Anyways I got A Lee Enfeild with 5 mags, a Makarov with 8 mags, some food, binoculars, a compass, a watch, and a map.
    I saw you an you scared the crap out of me... also, thanks for leaving all those chemlights around.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,283 Posts
    Lookee what I found! Wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not hahaha.

EDIT:

Oh fucking lol there's another.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    667 Posts
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to servers currently?

23. Post #143
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    I require some assistance in Cherno.
    I got attacked by a laggy bandit and he got the better of me draining me to 1600 blood before he disconnected.

24. Post #144
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to servers currently?
    I'm having it too. Either there's something wrong with the parent server or because I clicked the big update button in the launcher it updated my ARMA to a version most servers don't have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,513 Posts
    What do you guys do with the view distance setting?

I had mine set to 10,000 because I wanted to be able to see things and people far in the distance, but turning it down to 3,000 improved my fps from 25 to 150 (at menu screen)

Am I at a disadvantage having it at only 3k rather than 10k or will it make no difference? I read in some places that servers have it at a fixed value?

26. Post #146
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,302 Posts
    Is there any special install like RC1? Or is it just install and keep original launch parameters (To make it run the beta and DayZ)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #147
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,849 Posts

I had mine set to 10,000 because I wanted to be able to see things and people far in the distance, but turning it down to 3,000 improved my fps from 25 to 150.

Am I at a disadvantage having it at only 3k rather than 10k or will it make no difference?
    To be fair few people have their view distance up that high anyway, chances are you wouldn't even see them with max view distance in the first place.

Higher FPS is much better, most encounters will be within shouting distance if not closer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Anyone want to help give me a Transfusion in Cherno?

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,371 Posts

I had mine set to 10,000 because I wanted to be able to see things and people far in the distance, but turning it down to 3,000 improved my fps from 25 to 150 (at menu screen)

Am I at a disadvantage having it at only 3k rather than 10k or will it make no difference? I read in some places that servers have it at a fixed value?
    No one can effectively engage you at over 1,000m unless they have the larger caliber sniper rifles, even the M24 is pushing it at that range. And if you're moving? Fuckin' forget about it. 3k Is plenty far enough, that's 3 kilometers. Unless you hang around the same spot for 10 minutes, which you should never do unless there's two ways out and you're looking at both of them, you're fine. And even with a sniper rifle, you probably can't see a man at 3km out.

It's people you don't see that you end up walking up on and getting within shouting range that you should worry about

And, as for deciding when to engage, Before you shoot someone, ask yourself this question: Is there anything in it for me? Attention is the worst thing to have in this game, and there's no point in losing a few rounds of ammo, and gaining unwanted attention, without anything else to show for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,001 Posts
    Can anyone upload the newest beta, their website keeps asking me for Username/password
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Doesn't the server limit it at 1.6km?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,371 Posts
    Depends on the server

33. Post #153
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,119 Posts
    Most time when I'm in the weather is hazy or foggy as fuck anyways, so that doesn't really matter.

Man I love how weather influences the game. Now I wish it was exactly as the weather in the real world, like, pick a weather station in London and synch the game weather to it, that'd be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events

34. Post #154
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,302 Posts
    Found a completely fixed up ural on the road on FP Priv Server, although it had hacked items in;

Please don't ban me Chernarus I have gotten attached to this Ural ;o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #155
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Just successfully traded with a nice young man, traded my DMR for his M24.

We parted ways in the middle of the field were we traded, headed North and he went South. Then five minutes later we were sniping at each other across the field

EDIT:

Now I can't get into any servers because BattleEye wont initialize. Great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #156
    June 2012
    1,934 Posts
    So join some random server, and go and look at my map. On it, someone marked a location 'bus'.

Not really caring if I died at this point, I head off in that direction.

Literally, as I reach the point, I see the bus rolling away down the hill. I chase after it, and as the driver gets on the road I unload about a hundred bullets in its general direction.

I don't know if I hit anything important, but I lost track of it as it moved to the coast.

That was a satisfying encounter with my first vehicle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,513 Posts
    Go north or stay south?
    I'm near mogilevka atm and it's pretty uneventful, which is good because loot is easy, but its bad because it's pretty boring.

I kind of miss the danger of cherno. What's the point in just living with ease?

Will I find more fun up north, or shall I go back south?

38. Post #158
    June 2012
    1,934 Posts
    Go north or stay south?
    I'm near mogilevka atm and it's pretty uneventful, which is good because loot is easy, but its bad because it's pretty boring.

I kind of miss the danger of cherno. What's the point in just living with ease?

Will I find more fun up north, or shall I go back south?
    Go to NW Airfield

Become paranoid dangerous redneck with a big gun

39. Post #159
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    So join some random server, and go and look at my map. On it, someone marked a location 'bus'.

Not really caring if I died at this point, I head off in that direction.

Literally, as I reach the point, I see the bus rolling away down the hill. I chase after it, and as the driver gets on the road I unload about a hundred bullets in its general direction.

I don't know if I hit anything important, but I lost track of it as it moved to the coast.

That was a satisfying encounter with my first vehicle
    What a waste of ammo, Siberys.

40. Post #160
    June 2012
    1,934 Posts
    What a waste of ammo, Siberys.
    I've got 5 200 round LMG mags. I really couldn't care less
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)