1. Post #1
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    case and point for concealed carry.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 78Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    what gives him the authority to use lethal force
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 135Agree x 4Funny x 3Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    one got a .380 to the hip and thigh, the other just got grazed on the arm.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,282 Posts
    The incoming debate in this thread is so strong i nearly fell out of my chair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 64Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    Umm maybe the 2 guns pointed at him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 69Zing Zing x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    474 Posts
    Because he is the law.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 40Funny x 7Artistic x 4Agree x 2Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,301 Posts
    Your opinion would change if you were in any sort of danger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,709 Posts
    Victimizing gun-wielding thugs... classy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 45Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,356 Posts
    If someone was pointing a gun at me, and I also had a gun, I would definitely shoot them. I don't know if they're going to pull the trigger, so why should I give them the chance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

10. Post #10
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    Victimizing gun-wielding thugs... classy.
    did you read this over or did you post this with the intention of "heh...... ill own that noobe"

If someone was pointing a gun at me, and I also had a gun, I would definitely shoot them. I don't know if they're going to pull the trigger, so why should I give them the chance?
    have you ever had a firearm pointed at you before in a authoritative manner

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling/Trying to start a shitstorm" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 101Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts
    The guy that shot at the robbers was a grown ass man, I think he used the privilege to carry a gun properly.

Although I think maybe he shouldn't of shot to injure though, maybe very close to do the same affect of them running out like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    The guy that shot at the robbers was a grown ass man, I think he used the privilege to carry a gun properly.

Although I think maybe he shouldn't of shot to injure though, maybe very close to do the same affect of them running out like that
    I don't think he was trying to shoot to injure I think he's just an old man who's a pretty bad shot.

13. Post #13
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,123 Posts
    I couldn't help but laugh at the way some old guy just runs out of nowhere with a pistol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    If someone was robbing me at gunpoint and I had a gun that I could use I would not hesitate to shoot them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,356 Posts

That's a different case entirely. These guys definitely aren't cops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    did you read this over or did you post this with the intention of "heh...... ill own that noobe"

poor, poor armed robbers.. the horror.. i hope the old man sent a written apology to them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 40Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    If someone was robbing me at gunpoint and I had a gun that I could use I would not hesitate to shoot them.
    you do not reserve the right to kill or maim someone if they're just gonna steal your computer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 97Funny x 2Agree x 2Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    4,052 Posts
    you do not reserve the right to kill or maim someone if they're just gonna steal your computer
    Yes I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 63Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    Because I have the time to stop a fucking robber and debate with him about his or my authority to use lethal force to prevent me from dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    See the part in my post that says "robbing me at gunpoint."

If someone is waving a gun around and trying to commit a crime then me or someone else can get injured or killed.

If they came in with like a knife or something I would pull a gun and say something along the lines of "drop your shit." If the knifeman came charging at me THEN I would fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #21
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    Yes I do.
    oh no he's gonna steal all your software and hardware

get help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 73Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts

get help
    oh no he has a gun and is going to shoot me

leave him alone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 54Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,254 Posts
    That old man was fucking awesome. And he did the right thing. If those thugs are going to be stupid enough to reduce themselves to stealing from people at a fucking internet cafe, then they deserve to be shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts

get help
    He has a fucking gun.

He pulls a trigger and you are dead.

Its not him stealing the shit thats the problem.
    Its him having a gun and waving it around while doing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    6,240 Posts

get help
    How do you know he's going to just steal from you? I hope, one day, you have a wife and kids, and your house gets broken into. That way, you can sit there, and let them murder your kids, rape your wife, and steal all your belongings while you twiddle your thumbs saying "oh yeah, you do that, I don't have the right to defend myself!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    You must be trolling because no-one is that retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts

get help
    okay let's say I have a gun at your head and you have a gun at mine, and I shout "YOU DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SHOOT ME" Does that mean I win?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    You must be trolling because no-one is that retarded.
    it isn't trolling just because you don't agree with it

and i never mentioned self-defense, once
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2007
    8,254 Posts

get help
    Ownederd, are you one of the guys who got shot here and scurried off? You can tell us the truth, we won't report you to the police, getting shot by an old man and running that fast is punishment enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2009
    6,240 Posts
    Yeah, you're right, it's not trolling.

It's having the most nonsensical, idiotic, unfounded opinion based in ideologies that make no sense in the real world. It's easy to say "just walk away" when you've never experienced any kind of armed conflict whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts

and i never mentioned self-defense, once
    You are saying that because they were just there to steal computers and money that no-one should have shot them EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE WAVING GUNS AROUND.

That is stupid.

32. Post #32
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    Ownederd, are you one of the guys who got shot here and scurried off? You can tell us the truth, we won't report you to the police, getting shot by an old man and running that fast is punishment enough.
    epic troll

Loriborn posted:
    Yeah, you're right, it's not trolling.

It's having the most nonsensical, idiotic, unfounded opinion based in ideologies that make no sense in the real world. It's easy to say "just walk away" when you've never experienced any kind of armed conflict whatsoever.
    please directly quote where i said anything about self-defense

oh wait i never did

you reserve the right to preserve yourself and others, not to kill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    please directly quote where i said anything about self-defense

oh wait i never did

There would be no force of any kind if it wasn't in self defense.

34. Post #34
    August 2007
    8,254 Posts
    It's about more then self defense. It's about putting people like this in their place. If people didn't fight back against crooks then that means they're gonna do it again in the future because they know noone's gonna resist.

Are you saying you want assholes like this to steal from innocent people and get away with it? Are you saying we don't have a right to protect what's ours, to fight back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    hey
    August 2006
    5,683 Posts
    There would be no force of any kind if it wasn't in self defense.
    yea but there's a difference between lethal force and force that's actually warranted

if i was sprayed with high grade caspium spray i would be in agony, but it wouldn't be lethal to me

It's about more then self defense. It's about putting people like this in their place. If people didn't fight back against crooks then that means they're gonna do it again in the future because they know noone's gonna resist.

Are you saying you want assholes like this to steal from innocent people and get away with it? Are you saying we don't have a right to protect what's ours, to fight back?
    good job twisting what i'm saying in a vain attempt to marginalize my argument
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2007
    8,254 Posts
    yea but there's a difference between lethal force and force that's actually warranted
    Because running at two guys armed with guns with just your bare hands is a pretty good idea. And sorry even if you got pepper sprayed there's a chance the crook could flail his gun around, shooting randomly and potentially hurting or killing someone in the process.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    Your acting like the guy thought in his head "I am going to KILL these people because they are robbing us"

Life isn't like cod where you aim down the sight and then magical straight aiming. Its shoot in their general direction and hope for a hit.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,709 Posts
    Sometimes the only way is to kill.

You're making the mistake of thinking people who carry guns are maniacs. Most of them never end up using their gun, and I imagine they're quite happy about that. This man is going to get a lot of pats on the back for what he did, but I'm sure he's not going to feel 100% comfortable with what he did. Still, he made sure everyone who wasn't waving guns around the store got home in one piece, and that's a good thing no matter how you look at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2007
    2,429 Posts
    Guis we hav 2 think about the ritez of the people who disregard the rights of others, all life is sacred :)))

i hope they were okay :((((

old man deserves life in prison

/sarcasm   

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,356 Posts

if i was sprayed with high grade caspium spray i would be in agony, but it wouldn't be lethal to me
    If you had a gun and get pepperspray'd, you wouldn't drop the gun and give in. You'd shoot the one that sprayed you. If they shot you on the other hand...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)