1. Post #81
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,841 Posts
    Ahhhh, the thread title brought me here, to be honest I'm not surprised about it.

Here in Poland the advertising for WoT is so intense, you can see it on almost every site and even frequently on TV. But it's hillarious. On the tv comercial you can hear them saying that 30 milion people play WoT

Edited:

I hope it's not true, is it?
    siema kurwa pozz pluton

In Russia....
    I guess the playerbase in russia is really big - every game in the current global test release of WoT is filled with ruskies

and oh god they are always talking about something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Some people are bitching about the E3 (like saying it has shit lower hull armor when in fact it's 250mm of heavily sloped bullshit) but every time I met one it ended really badly for me.
    I have this nagging feeling that the E3 is going to end up like the E5. When the T110E5 came out, everyone was basically crying that its tumor ruined the tank, yet it wound up as the best one. I'll wait till it hits the server before I make my judgement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #83
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    I have this nagging feeling that the E3 is going to end up like the E5. When the T110E5 came out, everyone was basically crying that its tumor ruined the tank, yet it wound up as the best one. I'll wait till it hits the server before I make my judgement.
    The E3's tumor dings a lot more than the E5's tumor. It's also smaller than the T95's 2 weakspots. It even has its own cute tiny mantlet

I really don't see why the community is crying about how UP it is. Sure, your side armor is shit but once something gets to your sides you're pretty much going to die even if you have 150mm of armor there. The only downgrade you get from the T95 is the lack of skirts. The gun is much better, the mantlet is bigger and the front is basically impenetrable to anything but a 268/German Ion Canon getting an insanely good roll.

4. Post #84
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,135 Posts
    The E3's tumor dings a lot more than the E5's tumor. It's also smaller than the T95's 2 weakspots. It even has its own cute tiny mantlet

I really don't see why the community is crying about how UP it is. Sure, your side armor is shit but once something gets to your sides you're pretty much going to die even if you have 150mm of armor there. The only downgrade you get from the T95 is the lack of skirts. The gun is much better, the mantlet is bigger and the front is basically impenetrable to anything but a 268/German Ion Canon getting an insanely good roll.
    The tumor isn't exactly a weakspot on the E3, it's 305mm thick AND sloped in a < shape. Impenetrable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    758 Posts
    The tumor isn't exactly a weakspot on the E3, it's 305mm thick AND sloped in a < shape. Impenetrable.

It's pretty solid from the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #86
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    I just noticed that, I thought it was something like 250mm

Is the lower hull dark orange (229mm) or slightly less dark orange (152mm) because I really can't tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

It's pretty solid from the front.
    What is that strip of 70~mm armor at the top? Is that penetrable from the front?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    758 Posts
    I just noticed that, I thought it was something like 250mm

Is the lower hull dark orange (229mm) or slightly less dark orange (152mm) because I really can't tell.
    It's 152mm

Edited:

Nope.

9. Post #89
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    What is that strip of 70~mm armor at the top? Is that penetrable from the front?
    It looks pretty huge but in-game it's only a slight bump that you can't hit properly unless you have the height advantage.

I'd love to test it out but either no one has a T110E3 or the god damn test server goes down.

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    758 Posts
    It looks pretty huge but in-game it's only a slight bump that you can't hit properly unless you have the height advantage.

I'd love to test it out but either no one has a T110E3 or the god damn test server goes down.
    I got one on the test server if you want to test it.

11. Post #91
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    E3 is decent but T10s can penetrate the lower hull about 50% of the time. I could in the M48 every time but I used gold ammo and in the E3 I can penetrate another E3s lower hull every time with normal shells and I had a E5 penetrate my E3s lower hull about 50% of the time, don't know if he was shooting normal or gold. The main thing is the terrible side armour. People underestimate good side armour on a TD. Especially when you have side skirts. The T95 was immune to splash from arty and unless the splash damage was from behind the worse that happened was you were tracked. With the E3 you lose your entire crew if a shell lands to the side of you. The T95 always had magically side armour. There were countless amount of times that a high tier would bounce of my side which potentially saved my life. 152mm side armour with slopes or double tracks (depending where you hit) in the way is very nice considering you are most likely going to be sloped side ways when a tank hits your side meaning over 220mm side armour on the T95. Beats the 76mm on the massive super structure of the E3 with a small slopes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #92
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    8,019 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,482 Posts
    E3 is decent but T10s can penetrate the lower hull about 50% of the time. I could in the M48 every time but I used gold ammo and in the E3 I can penetrate another E3s lower hull every time with normal shells and I had a E5 penetrate my E3s lower hull about 50% of the time, don't know if he was shooting normal or gold. The main thing is the terrible side armour. People underestimate good side armour on a TD. Especially when you have side skirts. The T95 was immune to splash from arty and unless the splash damage was from behind the worse that happened was you were tracked. With the E3 you lose your entire crew if a shell lands to the side of you. The T95 always had magically side armour. There were countless amount of times that a high tier would bounce of my side which potentially saved my life. 152mm side armour with slopes or double tracks (depending where you hit) in the way is very nice considering you are most likely going to be sloped side ways when a tank hits your side meaning over 220mm side armour on the T95. Beats the 76mm on the massive super structure of the E3 with a small slopes.
    T95 had 13 km/h top and 6 hp/ton ratio.

E3 has 26 km/h top speed and 12 hp/ton ratio.

It's literally twice faster - Fucking worth it.

Edited:

I mean, have you ever shot at T95 with an arty while actually taking your time with aiming and not relying on splash damage?

It's like taking fucking lollipops from kids. Even when I took a shot and the T95 began moving or changing direction, most of the time it ended up as direct hit anyway. Sure, you could eat up splashes, but who cares when direct hit deals 800 dmg and nothing but T92 stationed on north pole is capable of missing your huge ass.

Edited:

And by the way, sides of E3 superstructure are 152mm thick, sides of hull are 76 and 75 mm thick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Yea the speed is a lot better and it's nice to know the super structure has more armour than what I thought but I liked being immune to splash while being slow. It felt awesome driving a slow bunker while have some form of protection against artillery. Beside I had a lot of arty shells miss me but I guess it's worth the sacrifice of the side armour for the big improvement in speed.

It's just there honestly isn't a big improvement over the two tanks. Yea the E3 is better but it isn't that big of an improvement other than the speed and a gun that is slightly better. The T95 had a weaker under belly but the E3s is massive. It's damn near impossible to not hit it.

16. Post #96
    August 2011
    1,476 Posts
    They also got the white tiger event
    ... As part of a cross-promotion with a new Russian movie release called White Tiger. You can't complain about that. The movie hasn't been released outside Russia so why would they advertise it to us?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    Dennab
    December 2008
    275 Posts

3:38
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

18. Post #98
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,922 Posts
    I embark on the quest to the place of military things, if wargaming are there its first come first serve in my inbox for gold codes.

I might post some pictures from my phone if I see anything worth it.

19. Post #99
    Dennab
    December 2008
    275 Posts
    hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    August 2011
    1,476 Posts
    I forgot to mention that the movie (Belyy Tigr) wasn't very good, made no sense, and nothing really happened in it. It did have an artillery barrage with SU-152s and SU-100s though, which was nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,264 Posts
    I'm a tank destroyer and my best TD is the Jagdpanzer.

I'm not very successful, do you guys have any tips on how to do well as a tank destroyer in my tank?

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,430 Posts
    I'm a tank destroyer and my best TD is the Jagdpanzer.

I'm not very successful, do you guys have any tips on how to do well as a tank destroyer in my tank?
    Using the JagdPanzer IV not a lot. It's a horrible TD to be fair. I ended up grinding 40K xp on it, then getting sick of it and free XP-ing the rest. I just stuck music on and zoned out for a few hours whilst grinding in it.

23. Post #103
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Guys

guys

It's that time of the year again

[H2]Skirmish X[/H2]

[H2]Tier & Point Limits[/H2]

With maximum number of 9 players per team, a team must field a selection of tanks based on the following tier limits:

Tier 2 for all vehicles

[H2]Prizes[/H2]

The following prizes will be provided to each member of the respective team, including reserves.
    • First place: 5,000
    • Second place: 2,000
    • Third place: 1,000
    • Fourth place: 1,000

[H2]Maps[/H2]

There will only be one map used during Skirmish X. The map will be Arctic Region.
    How many 38Hs do we have

Edited:

Hell we could also spam T18s

24. Post #104
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    I have a Pz38h.

I'm up for it.

25. Post #105
    October 2008
    8,019 Posts
    I have a 38h, and it has a couple gold rounds in it

26. Post #106
    November 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Let's see

2x Bison for well, being motherfucking Bisons
    1x BT-2 for scouting and general annoying guy
    6x Pz 38H/T18/Pz II

How about that?

I'd swap the BT-2 for a M2 Light for its radio, the BT-2 has absolutely no range.

27. Post #107

December 2010
    109 Posts
    swap 2 out for M2light

28. Post #108
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    m2 light, t2 medium, t18.
    rape team

Edited:

t2 medium because it has the fucking ridiculous semi auto 37mm

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,736 Posts
    Let's see

2x Bison for well, being motherfucking Bisons
    1x BT-2 for scouting and general annoying guy
    6x Pz 38H/T18/Pz II

How about that?

I'd swap the BT-2 for a M2 Light for its radio, the BT-2 has absolutely no range.
    H35s would also work in place of Pz38s

probably better, even.

30. Post #110
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,309 Posts
    As a T95 driver, I think we were expecting something that continued the path of the slow moving bunker. I'm dissappointed that the tree basically does a 180 instead of a slight upgrade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

31. Post #111
    October 2008
    8,019 Posts
    As a T95 driver, I think we were expecting something that continued the path of the slow moving bunker. I'm dissappointed that the tree basically does a 180 instead of a slight upgrade.
    welcome to wargaming logic
    may i take your hat sir

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,736 Posts
    Its not really a 180

Its basically a fast T95 with more HP, a tad less side armor, and fewer frontal weakspots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,309 Posts
    Its not really a 180

Its basically a fast T95 with more HP, a tad less side armor, and fewer frontal weakspots
    Eh, a T95 with a upgraded engine would have been a more satisfying tier 10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,025 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,207 Posts
    siemka tak pl a co

daj itemy plis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,841 Posts
    siemka tak pl a co

daj itemy plis
    idź młuć ozyrysa bo chuja dostaniesz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,878 Posts
    well this team is gonna lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,482 Posts
    Zkurveny poláci, táhněte do prdele vy zmrdi!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,878 Posts
    No wait I got it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Zkurveny poláci, táhněte do prdele vy zmrdi!
    Can you translate that thing in the chat by the way?

Also small bonus:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)