1. Post #2601
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,484 Posts
    I will try KV-2 ramming. That thing weighs enough to get a decent speed down a hill and would probably lose the turret if I did that irl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2602
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    New engine+track sounds for tanks in the 8.0 video confirmed by Russian dev to be real (not dubbed over like in the "old videos") and will be included in the patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #2603
    March 2009
    1,208 Posts
    YES

Mauses going downhill at 50 km/h crushing fucking everything
    This is a good thing and a bad thing.
    The good thing is that I can go faster without having to stop, the bad thing is that I can't stop once im going downhill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2604
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Almost all of the other sound effects will also be in 8.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #2605
    April 2007
    4,905 Posts
    Almost all of the other sound effects will also be in 8.0
    Great, now I can see if it's actually worth it over these great sound packs I'm using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #2606
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    And in today's "what will 8.0 yet again improve?", the camo system is being overhauled.

In update 7.0 camouflages were introduced in the game. With them tankers are now able to change the exterior of their battle vehicles. But aside of adding more and more patterns, no changes were done to the system itself. In update 8.0 we plan to change this situation.

In the next World of Tanks update camouflage system will be reworked. Players will receive the possibility to purchase 3 types of camouflage which will coincide with 3 types of maps – ‘Summer’, ‘Winter’ and ‘Sand’. The ‘Summer’ pattern will be displayed only on summer maps, like Prohorovka, while the ‘Winter’ pattern will camouflage tanks only on ‘Winter’ maps. The ‘Sand’ camouflage will color the vehicle in a similar way on the more sandy maps like El Halluf.

Camouflage will adapt to landscape automatically if the appropriate pattern is purchased for the vehicle.
    The camouflage menu will be changed: (seeing this is only a draft, we were unable to create an English version):

But the main thing in the update is the fact that adaptive camouflage will now give a slight bonus to the camouflage rates of the vehicle. Currently it’s set to 5%, but the end percentage may change after tests. Bonus camouflage will stack with camouflage net and camouflage crew skill.

Camouflage, as it is currently, can be temporary purchased for credits or permanently set up (until a new purchase is made) on the vehicle using gold.

We want to remind you that this is only a work concept that may change upon your feedback and Public Test statistics.

Please provide your feedback on these changes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #2607
    June 2010
    2,154 Posts
    MORE INVISIBLE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #2608
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    I still want decals, damnit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #2609
    May 2011
    601 Posts
    Do you have to pay gold for the bonus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #2610
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Do you have to pay gold for the bonus?
    No, the only advantage to gold camo is that it's permanent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #2611
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    I'm skeptical of the 'pay to win' aspect of gold camo but I love the visual aspect of it changing according to map.

Edited:

Oh, I stand corrected as above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #2612
    October 2008
    2,399 Posts
    I'm going remain pessimistic for the time being about 8.0, it all just seems far too good to be true, and knowing wargaming they will likely find a way to completely fuck it up.

On a related note, I wonder if they will reduce the cost of camo now that you can have 3 of them per a tank. Oh, who am I kidding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #2613
    March 2008
    428 Posts
    I'm not being funny but with all the supposed updates in 8.0 they could release it as a brand new, separate game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #2614
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    I'm going remain pessimistic for the time being about 8.0, it all just seems far too good to be true, and knowing wargaming they will likely find a way to completely fuck it up.

On a related note, I wonder if they will reduce the cost of camo now that you can have 3 of them per a tank. Oh, who am I kidding.
    Well if you look at the russian server stats, registrations per month (the first chart) are in a massive nosedive. Might be the reason they're actually improving the game now (mm 2.0, physics, rendering engine etc), their source of vodka is dying.

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/ru/norm/ru
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2615
    I'm definitely not selling M18 before 8.0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

16. Post #2616
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    Well if you look at the russian server stats, registrations per month (the first chart) are in a massive nosedive.
    That's because the last data point is only 9 days man.

Edited:

My mistake, graph was updated 6th August so the last data point isn't even the first week of August.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #2617
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    That's because the last data point is only 9 days man.
    Blast! My theory has been destroyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

18. Post #2618
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    Oh jesus they're removing the speed limits

Prepare your anuses for Christie tanks going 193 kph up a hill.

Also back when that thing was designed (1920s), most cars couldn't actually reach 120 kph yet this crazy fuck Christie built a tank that goes far over that speed. Just imagine if the Army adopted it and produced a fuckton of them

Straight to Berlin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #2619
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    I'm not being funny but with all the supposed updates in 8.0 they could release it as a brand new, separate game.
    Victor Kislyi said that they will never make a "World of Tanks II", but that the current WoT would slowly evolve into it just like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #2620
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,604 Posts
    So don't give Warplanes any money until 2 years after release, good call.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #2621
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    626 Posts
    Maybe I'm just horrible at mediums because I'd far prefer the T34 / Lowe to the T59.
    More proof that how a tank preforms has more to do with the driver than the tank.

I do much better in Mediums than I do in Heavies and my Type 59 vs my Lowe stats prove it. The real decision on SP vs Type should be which fits your play style. They have the potential to make the same creds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2622
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #2623
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    So in a nutshell, it's pretty much a premium chinese Chaffee.

Edited:

Only 19 euros. Imma get it, lights are great fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

24. Post #2624
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    I'll probably get it, and maybe the B2 as well, because I can't stop collecting tanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #2625
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,484 Posts
    I need slots. Lots of them...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2626
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    You know what's funny.

Here we are in this day and age where we complain about developers making DLC, Yet look at us, lining the fuck up out the door to drop another 20$ on this game.

Jesus if this keeps up we'll have a WOT convention next year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #2627
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,113 Posts
    You know what's funny.

Here we are in this day and age where we complain about developers making DLC, Yet look at us, lining the fuck up out the door to drop another 20$ on this game.

I would love to see five or six people cosplaying as one styrofoam tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #2628
    August 2011
    1,461 Posts
    Touche, but the thing is, I feel ripped off when a 20hr game wants me to buy DLC that's on the fucking disc already. It's easier to justify dropping more money on a game that I play 100hrs a month and didn't have to buy in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #2629
    roar
    January 2008
    13,257 Posts
    Comparing a F2P game to conventional games with DLC isn't fair to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2630
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,649 Posts
    You know what's funny.

Well then again, paying 20$ for maps is pretty retarded. There's a difference here, you don't need the dlc to play with some players. if that makes sense? like if someone on call of duty didn't buy the dlc they would be out a fuck ton of servers am i right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2631
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    And remember that WG gives free updates every ~2 months that tend to have more shit than the paid DLC of other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2632
    June 2010
    6,202 Posts
    I'd probably have bought myself a nice premium tank if I didn't get pissed off at the WoT community so often that I ragequit for a week or so every time I try playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2633
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,464 Posts
    type 62 looks very fun, want stats on the gun doe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #2634
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    And remember that WG gives free updates every ~2 months that tend to have more shit than the paid DLC of other games.
    I like how we're praising WG now that they're fixing stuff while 6 months ago we were all bitching about how much of a shit dev they were

I must admit 8,0 really makes me optimistic about the game's future, it's like they're actually listening to what the players want,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #2635
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    I like how we're praising WG now that they're fixing stuff while 6 months ago we were all bitching about how much of a shit dev they were
    That's kinda the point. If they suddenly start fixing everything, they become better devs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

36. Post #2636
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    I'd probably have bought myself a nice premium tank if I didn't get pissed off at the WoT community so often that I ragequit for a week or so every time I try playing.
    I do that too, it's the only way I can stand the game. Taking a break for a week means that I can actually enjoy the game for 1 day. It also helps that the T29 and Jagdpanther are so good...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

37. Post #2637
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Alright so I'm back from my museum trip and I took a fucklot of photos, used my SGS3, 8M (some of them may be blurred because my hands fucking shake).

Here's the full album: http://imgur.com/a/KICMZ#0

I'll post some of them here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #2638
    roar
    January 2008
    13,257 Posts

I want this in WoT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2639
    Personally I'm not thinking about buying premium tanks because I simply can't afford them. The joys of living in an ex-Soviet country.
    Also after 33 games with stock T25 (obviously I'm grinding 32k experience to buy a non-shitty gun) I have 27% winratio. Can anyone provide some hints how to make the grinding less painful?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

40. Post #2640
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    Alright so I'm back from my museum trip and I took a fucklot of photos, used my SGS3, 8M (some of them may be blurred because my hands fucking shake).

Here's the full album: http://imgur.com/a/KICMZ#0

I'll post some of them here.
    There's a distinct lack of BatChat in your album.

I didn't know the SGSIII could take pictures that good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events