1. Post #1481
    -snip- I had an epiphany and I figured out how to do it.
    Explain this Epiphany so I know how to make that shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1482
    September 2007
    1,448 Posts
    YOU did that? That's pretty cool. It's on facebook fanart thing too.
    Ah yea, I put it up there too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #1483
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Explain this Epiphany so I know how to make that shit
    Step 1: Find video and download it using a youtube downloader or whatever.
    Step 2: Go into your video editor of choice, set size to 80x80, and fuck with it till you get what you want, then render it.
    Step 3: Convert your rendered video to a gif (I used this. http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-gif )

And thats it. Or how I did it.

Edited:

How often does garry/whoever sets people gold check for gold membering?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1484
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,921 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 36 (list)

5. Post #1485
    Step 1: Find video and download it using a youtube downloader or whatever.
    Step 2: Go into your video editor of choice, set size to 80x80, and fuck with it till you get what you want, then render it.
    Step 3: Convert your rendered video to a gif (I used this. http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-gif )

And thats it.

Edited:

How often does garry check for gold membering?
    ...actually I think I'll just fuck around with converting video files to .mov's and importing them in Photoshop.

I just need to find a Converta'.

6. Post #1486
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    ...actually I think I'll just fuck around with converting video files to .mov's and importing them in Photoshop.

I was just saying my peasantly way of doing it. I don't know a faster/better way to do it since thats the first time I tried.

7. Post #1487
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,371 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 43Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1488
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,113 Posts

You should download Virtual Dub. It's free and it let's you export the video into a gif.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #1489
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,942 Posts
    I love the Game Grumps fanbase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1490
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,690 Posts
    I love the Game Grumps fanbase.
    I love you too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1491
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    I know Jon comes back at the end and admits that he's just not as good as a player as ego, but after the first round he came off as really annoying. I mean, holy hell. There's a point where you know you're just not as good. Admit it and keep going. Ego is very patient this episode; I never heard him complain once about things when he died; which makes Jon's bitching that much more cringe-worthy.
    If you heard them talking a little bit later in the video you hear Jon and Ego talking about Jon beating him at Brawl other times before so I can see why he's complaining a bit there. He sounds exactly like me though when I play Brawl with my cousins. Every thing he's complained about Pikachu and Pit before are the exact same things I complain about when I fight against them. Jon just doesn't want to perform that badly in front of their large audience so he complains about things as a sort of defense mechanism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #1492
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,908 Posts
    Pit's spin move is pretty lame

Hi-ya-ya-ya-ya-YA!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

13. Post #1493
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Pit's spin move is pretty lame

Hi-ya-ya-ya-ya-YA!
    Fucking thing deflects some attacks too. I shot Snake's rocket at someone playing Pit just as they did that move and it deflected the rocket off just over Pit's head leaving my vulnerable for a follow up attack that killed me.

14. Post #1494
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1495
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    Actually, off topic but I honestly don't know where to pose this question.

What are the dos and don'ts of LetsPlays? I want to try it out for Metro 2033, but I really don't wanna fuck it up.

I mean these guys are obviously doing it VERY VERY VERY right because they've been doing this awhile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1496
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts

What are the dos and don'ts of LetsPlays? I want to try it out for Metro 2033, but I really don't wanna fuck it up.

I mean these guys are obviously doing it VERY VERY VERY right because they've been doing this awhile.
    Do: Either post commentary or make sure you keep talking.
    Do: Edit the boring bits out. No-one wants to see a straight playthrough of a game (unless you do it correct (see: game grumps)).

Don't: Massive watermark.
    Don't: Spam annotations everywhere asking for subs and likes.
    Don't: Play games everyone has seen before (clop, max payne, things like that. Recent games.)

I haven't tried a lets play but thats what I have gathered from my viewings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #1497
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    Do: Either post commentary or make sure you keep talking.
    Do: Edit the boring bits out. No-one wants to see a straight playthrough of a game (unless you do it correct (see: game grumps)).

Don't: Massive watermark.
    Don't: Spam annotations everywhere asking for subs and likes.
    Don't: Play games everyone has seen before (clop, max payne, things like that. Recent games.)

I haven't tried a lets play but thats what I have gathered from my viewings.
    Metro 2033 is a short game, the levels are about Half Life sized.(And shit gets intense near the end.)

And the don'ts are easy. I was thinking of doing Metro 2033 and Darwinia to start. My only issue is that I have no real video editing program to cut out bits that are boring.

18. Post #1498
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Metro 2033 is a short game, the levels are about Half Life sized.(And shit gets intense near the end.)

And the don'ts are easy. I was thinking of doing Metro 2033 and Darwinia to start. My only issue is that I have no real video editing program to cut out bits that are boring.
    And don't take my previous post as the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy of lets plays. Thats just a few off the top of my head.

19. Post #1499
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    And don't take my previous post as the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy of lets plays. Thats just a few off the top of my head.
    Oh I know, there are a lot of ways I could fuck it up.

Also high five for the HGttG reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1500
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,382 Posts

Do a few videos or whatever but don't put them out until you've done enough and have your style down, so you can judge for yourself the level of quality you need to reach. You don't want your first published Let's Play to be awful, because it might dishearten you when people tell you how shitty it is.

21. Post #1501
    July 2011
    6,098 Posts

Play through the game couple times before doing a lets play so you know where to go and what to do. Lets plays where the person gets lost or stuck are really bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1502
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    Do a few videos or whatever but don't put them out until you've done enough and have your style down, so you can judge for yourself the level of quality you need to reach. You don't want your first published Let's Play to be awful, because it might dishearten you when people tell you how shitty it is.
    Alright, I'll do that then, what about recording software? I know FRAPs or actually getting a decent setup is normal but I don't have the budget for it.

Edited:

Play through the game couple times before doing a lets play so you know where to go and what to do. Lets plays where the person gets lost or stuck are really bad.
    I'll do that as well.

23. Post #1503
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,079 Posts
    Wow, they actually mentioned the thing I drew. That's actually pretty awesome.
    I still can't see the face, somethin is wrong with me.

Edited:

Oh shit I see it now that took me several days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #1504
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,436 Posts
    Have you watched the Matt + Pats Final Fight Streetwise stuff? Spoilers if you haven't:
       Woolie pretty much lies about everything he does in video games, and is generally unskilled. Watch Matt, Pat, and Woolie play Mario Party 9, seriously.   

Back on topic: Jon complained waaay too much about his controller. Still a good video though.
    woolie did pretty good against daigo (read: DAIGO FUCKING UMEHARA) at evo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #1505
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,930 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 30Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1506
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,146 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1507
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    466 Posts
    I really wish Jon would stop saying "atmosphere" over and over again, and forcing his opinion onto Ego.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #1508
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,607 Posts
    yeah banjo kazooie is pretty much jon talking about how good the game is and egoraptor pretending to agree with him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1509
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,942 Posts
    yeah banjo kazooie is pretty much jon getting talking about how good the game is and egoraptor pretending to agree with him
    I don't think Ego's pretending. He likes some things, but he's openly admitted that some things in the game are pretty dated. An example would be when he mentioned the game's swimming mechanics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

30. Post #1510
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,650 Posts
    Yeah every time they play Banjo-Kazooie I just really want Jon to shut up for a second and let Ego play the game.

It's just he gushes and gushes over the most trivial shit in the game and Ego's just kinda "yeah okay I'll give you that alright yeah"

Like any given Banjo-Kazooie episode can be broken down like this:

Jon: "Golly this game is just SOOO good, like I mean literally look at that squiggle on the wall? It looks just like a crab? LIKE A CRAYUB. Don't you just LOVE that?"
    Ego: "yeah uh huh yep I'll give you that hey you wanna talk about something oh no you just wanna keep gushing alright okay cool yep alright"

Any other game is fine, but god these episodes just get on my nerves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1511
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,607 Posts
    I don't think Ego's pretending. He likes some things, but he's openly admitted that some things in the game are pretty dated. An example would be when he mentioned the game's swimming mechanics.
    true, but you can tell he is a little bit bored about jon creaming his pants over the music changing and things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #1512
    May 2007
    2,021 Posts
    true, but you can tell he is a little bit bored about jon creaming his pants over the music changing and things
    I don't think it's so much that he disagrees, but more that he already understands what Jon is trying to say. He remarked in an earlier episode that Jon seems to prefer atmospheric elements in a game, and those are the kinds of things he keeps pointing out.

33. Post #1513
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

34. Post #1514
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Jon said at the beginning of the Banjo Kazooie series that playing with Ego and Ego liking it is like playing the game for the first time all over again. He's just trying to point out all the things he enjoyed in the game and sharing it all with Ego while being flooded with childhood memories. It's a little annoying after five episodes but I'm sure everyone would act like that if they were in the same position.

Now I wanna know how Egoraptor was clapping so fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

35. Post #1515
    bomp
    March 2012
    1,460 Posts
    It's pretty annoying. Also he's taking the backseat gamer role too. It's like come on, give Ego more than half a second to figure something out before you tell him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1516
    December 2010
    6,413 Posts
    When Jon was talking about the giant enemy crab part and how it's amazing, I was expecting him to talk about how the game is really light hearted, but out of nowhere it has these subtle dark undertones. At least it was like that for me. Look, you kill the fucking crab and you feel great, and then you realize it was PREGNANT WITH EGGS AND IT'S CHILDREN WERE ALSO LIVING IN THERE HOLY SHIT.

Game is also like that in the sewer area, that part had weird atmospherics and that fucking metal shark where you could see it's fucking peeled metal skin on it's sides and it's fleshy bloody parts showing was fucking creepy.

It's probably unintentional creepy though and it's just me making it creepy for myself.

37. Post #1517
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,942 Posts
    Wow, Ego seems REALLY annoyed in this episode of Banjo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #1518
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts

Like that probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1519
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,921 Posts
    Used his dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1520
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,942 Posts
    I think Ego might have been slapping his knees when he was "clapping" in the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events