1. Post #241
    Fairly Gay
    March 2008
    724 Posts
    Awesome biome shit + a good plan
    Exactly what I wanted. Thanks for doing this for us, Dankie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    I love how all the deserts have more ponds then any other biome.
    I thought you ragequit ~3-4 pages ago

Edited:

I love how all the deserts have more ponds then any other biome.
    It's cause they are vast and flat, world painter has an option to generate random ponds of lava and water, but they don't generate on hilly areas/densely forested areas hence the majority of them being in deserts and fields. I selected the option on a whim, but now I see that it should be disabled.

Anybody have any specific suggestions on ore placement?

I wish I could specify which ores spawn where, cause then we'd have different areas with different ore specialties.

Edited:

Quoted the same person's quote twice, fuck the police.

Edited:

Doing some changes to the server, it'll be down for a bit.

3. Post #243
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    ok nevermind then

4. Post #244
    December 2008
    311 Posts
    Anybody have any specific suggestions on ore placement? I wish I could specify which ores spawn where, cause then we'd have different areas with different ore specialties.
    What it sounds like you need is patches of land where certain ores are more or less common. Not continent-sized patches, like suggested earlier, but randomized areas of ~10x10 chunks where, for example, redstone is twice as common but iron is twice as rare. Another patch might have four times the coal, twice the lapis lazuli, but hardly any diamond at all. I feel this would encourage more resource trading between factions, as already occasionally happens for places short of saplings, wood, or lava.

However I can see this giving an element of luck to faction creation, and that may not be so popular. I for one am still fine with default ore placement.

5. Post #245
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Putting in some work

New changes:

Enderpearls will be blocked
    Obsidian will be weakened so it can be destroyed with tnt (Albiet very slowly)
    Cobble will be buffed up for explosions
    Clay bricks will be near new obby strength (A bit weaker, but still pretty strong)
    Stonebricks will be buffed
    Smooth Stone will be buffed
    Nether brick will be buffed
    TNT will be less expensive
    TNT may have a chance on exploding when placed or broken
    Water will no longer be protected from explosions (Tnt cannons will subsequently require maintanence between firing, less then normal due to buffs however)
    Lava will no longer protect from explosions

Also going to look into buffing leather armor (making it faster movement and ranged damage lowered)
    Also going to look into reenabling creeper explosions
    Also going to look into armor slowdowns (Diamond/Steel/gold is heavy!)
    Also going to look into blocking underground farming

What these changes will accomplish:

A huge revamped PvP experience, not only will sieges take longer, and require more work/man power
    but new elements of combat will open up with leather armor and stuff.

These changes will also contribute to more civilization styled building by allowing regular materials to be resistant to explosion and actually giving large walls function, instead just being hopped over or blasted through in one bomb.

This means we can have long wars between factions, complex alliance systems, instead of just one 2 hour war where everybody gets pwnt by the guy with knowledge of the tnt cannon.

New plugins will also be coming to emphasize trade, but for now PvP is going to have some alterations.

Please rate/reply with your opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

6. Post #246
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Most of the changes are pretty unneeded. PvP is fine as is, I don't think anyone here was even complaining about TNT. Also that TNT may have a chance to explode on place is really stupid. I'm kinda on the fence about the cobble being buffed because yes, I am tired of walls doing absolutely nothing against TNT, but you have to understand, TNT is what made walls obsolete in the real world.

How did any of that add something to the alliance system? And how did you make TNT less expensive, did you change the recipe? Also, if you're going to make TNT cheaper, you shouldn't nerf obsidian. If I can get enough obsidian to line my entire wall with it, I do not think it's fair that it can be destroyed so easily. I guess it depends on how "slow" you can destroy it, I don't want 3 tnt blasts and my obsidian is useless.

Edited:

You didn't even buff walls lol:

1 tnt.

I'm starting to think you haven't even implemented them, TNT isn't even cheaper.

Well, if you haven't then wasting that 1 tnt isn't amazingly useless, we can use it to test the difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,206 Posts
    Most of the changes are pretty unneeded. PvP is fine as is, I don't think anyone here was even complaining about TNT. Also that TNT may have a chance to explode on place is really stupid. I'm kinda on the fence about the cobble being buffed because yes, I am tired of walls doing absolutely nothing against TNT, but you have to understand, TNT is what made walls obsolete in the real world.

How did any of that add something to the alliance system? And how did you make TNT less expensive, did you change the recipe? Also, if you're going to make TNT cheaper, you shouldn't nerf obsidian. If I can get enough obsidian to line my entire wall with it, I do not think it's fair that it can be destroyed so easily. I guess it depends on how "slow" you can destroy it, I don't want 3 tnt blasts and my obsidian is useless.

Edited:

You didn't even buff walls lol:

1 tnt.

I'm starting to think you haven't even implemented them, TNT isn't even cheaper.

Well, if you haven't then wasting that 1 tnt isn't amazingly useless, we can use it to test the difference.
    will be. kinda means, in the near future. anyway, tnt will be made cheaper in the shop so that its not 1000$ anymore but much less instead. and the whole obsidian thing is a legit enough point, certain factions on the server have solid obsidian under ground bunkers that are impenetrable as of now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Oh, he restarted the server so I thought he put them in...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    People rating me and raging over shit I haven't even implemented yet, hold your horses jeez.

10. Post #250
    Fairly Gay
    March 2008
    724 Posts
    I'm not white-listed for the server. Wat?

11. Post #251
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    People rating me and raging over shit I haven't even implemented yet, hold your horses jeez.
    you told us to rate your post accordingly...

also accept my steam invite

12. Post #252
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    you told us to rate your post accordingly...

also accept my steam invite
    You rated me before i had even put it in.

13. Post #253
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    What

I rated you because you said "Please rate/reply with your opinions."

(accept my inviteeee and whitelist me, i wanna help :c)

14. Post #254
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Whitelist is removed, some people are helping make the spawn look nice with creative mode, pay not attention to them.

15. Post #255
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,870 Posts
    I'm getting an End of Steam error. Are you guys on 1.2.5 or further, or is it down?

16. Post #256
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    The reason walls were buffed is because it would require more work and people to take down an elaborate fort/base. We would have longer wars rather than enderpearling over a wall or just blasting the base to smithereens in two shots. This means alliances would be more useful for longer wars and building would be less restricted to obsidian boxes and factions can actually focus on building more rather than constantly PvPing.

Also notice the "will be" part of those new changes, I'm still adding shit.

Edited:

I'm getting an End of Steam error. Are you guys on 1.2.5 or further, or is it down?
    Running 1.3.1, I get it too sometimes just restart.

17. Post #257
    June 2010
    2,870 Posts
    Edited:

Running 1.3.1, I get it too sometimes just restart.
    I'm on 1.2.5. How would I get to there without getting to 1.3.2 (because it came out apparently.)

18. Post #258
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    You cannot.

Thanks very much for all my helpers today

Gotta love it when the community runs itself :)

Credit to:

ninJakenyan
    ASmellyOgre
    Fordlover89
    kybe
    AshtonArdoin

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    I don't mean to toot my own horn (and Jake's and Dankie's), but spawn looks awesome now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,975 Posts
    Wow, you guys and my brother did a great job. I'm really impressed.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,975 Posts
    FRANCOCELTICA RULEZ YEAHHHHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    June 2010
    2,870 Posts
    This is Coal Town. It was a cool town. Not pictured are the other cool stuff.

it was nuked by drunk irishmen   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Didn't you start playing like 2 days ago? Why didn't francoceltica nuke somebody else? They are probably the most powerful ATM.

24. Post #264
    June 2010
    2,870 Posts
    Didn't you start playing like 2 days ago? Why didn't francoceltica nuke somebody else? They are probably the most powerful ATM.
    I actually started playing yesterday morning and built that city during the afternoon. There was a lot of drama over why they decided to invade, but I'd really, really rather not bring that to the forums.

25. Post #265
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    I actually started playing yesterday morning and built that city during the afternoon. There was a lot of drama over why they decided to invade, but I'd really, really rather not bring that to the forums.
    Good decision :|

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,975 Posts
    Everyone in the faction who was in the raid felt really really bad after that. We even planned on burning down your tree, but when they saw it, they decided it was too awesome to ruin all that good work.

It's just unclaimed right now, so if the faction leader or an op comes on they can reclaim it.

I didn't kill anyone, I only blew open a door with tnt :3   

Edited:

Like I said, highly impressed.

27. Post #267
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    I've finished about 70% of the world. All i need to do are the americas and the antarctic and the map will be complete.

28. Post #268
    December 2008
    311 Posts
    I've finished about 70% of the world. All i need to do are the americas and the antarctic and the map will be complete.
    When is this new map getting implemented, and what's getting overwritten?

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,609 Posts
    Can someone explain to me what the 3 numbers mean when you type /f list? the 56/80/80? Everyone tell me something different.

30. Post #270
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Mannoks 2: Electric Boogaloo tried to raid USBR and failed with my help and some other factioners.

Get shit on niggers.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    Can someone explain to me what the 3 numbers mean when you type /f list? the 56/80/80? Everyone tell me something different.
    Land/Power/Maxpower.
    56 is how many chunks the faction has claimed.
    80 is the combined power of all the members of the faction. If one of them were to die, the faction's power would go down. If the power were go below the amount of land claimed (56/50, for example) opposing factions would be able to claim the chunks making up the difference.

The second 80 is the faction's max power- the combined maximum power of all the members of the faction. If there are 8 people in the faction and each person has 10 power, the faction would have a maximum of 80 power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,975 Posts
    Fuck you Dankie, one of our members wrecked your shit!

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    1,240 Posts
    Also going to look into blocking underground farming
    Why the hell would you do that :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    July 2009
    1,001 Posts
    Lol zertuk controls sdwilliams and superdaiu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Fuck you Dankie, one of our members wrecked your shit!
    Yeah and then I got all your shit afterwards

Ya'll niggas got raped

TOP DOG #SLAM DUNKIN ON HOES

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,609 Posts
    Another Glorious Sunrise in Spain.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    632 Posts
    Who ever finds the ruins of the Gun Runners: please take care of my cat for me.

38. Post #278
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    GJ people

honestly I don't know why this isn't against the rules, it's amazingly easy to do and amazingly hard to clean up. Take maybe a total of 2 minutes to do and like 30 minutes to clean up.

Edited:

Oh wait, no I thought it might just be alot of water, but no, it was one source block and lava I guess was under it:
    http://puu.sh/X4tg

Make that like an hours worth :/

Edited:

So yeah, a stack of TNT later and I only got rid of a fourth of it. I can't even use the McMMO super giga breaker or w/e the fuck because it doesn't work on cobble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,975 Posts
    Yeah and then I got all your shit afterwards

Ya'll niggas got raped

TOP DOG #SLAM DUNKIN ON HOES
    Gimme back my axe!

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,206 Posts
    GJ people

honestly I don't know why this isn't against the rules, it's amazingly easy to do and amazingly hard to clean up. Take maybe a total of 2 minutes to do and like 30 minutes to clean up.

Edited:

Oh wait, no I thought it might just be alot of water, but no, it was one source block and lava I guess was under it:
    http://puu.sh/X4tg

Make that like an hours worth :/

Edited:

So yeah, a stack of TNT later and I only got rid of a fourth of it. I can't even use the McMMO super giga breaker or w/e the fuck because it doesn't work on cobble.
    war is hell son
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)