1. Post #1
    I'm halving my usage of math each week.. but, apparently I'll never be able to quit.
    October 2009
    5,831 Posts
    George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer who shot dead an unarmed black teenager in a case that reignited racial tensions in America, has described the incident as "God's plan".
    Mr Zimmerman is charged with murder after shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, in February. He admits killing Trayvon but says he fired in self-defence.
    I simply really don't know what God George Zimmerman is worshipping because there's no way that the God that I serve had in his plans for George Zimmerman to murder my son.
    Fox News broadcast an interview with the 28 year-old this week in which he was asked if he regretted leaving his vehicle on the evening in question or regretted carrying a gun. "No Sir, I feel that it was all God's plan," he said.

Mr Zimmerman once again apologised to Trayvon's parents and said he prayed for them every day. But his comments about God's plan drew an angry response from the couple.

"I simply really don't know what God George Zimmerman is worshipping because there's no way that the God that I serve had in his plans for George Zimmerman to murder my son," said Trayvon's father, Tracy.

His mother, Sybrina Fulton, said: "I have a hard time accepting it because he also said that he doesn't regret anything that he did that night, and I don't think God would have him in his plan to murder an innocent child."

Mr Zimmerman gave an account of the evening he shot Trayvon. He said that he was going to buy food when he saw Trayvon skipping between houses in the complex. He said he followed Trayvon and the pair came face to face.

Mr Zimmerman says Trayvon asked him what his problem was before punching him in the face. He says a scuffle ensued, leaving Mr Zimmerman pinned under Trayvon on the floor.

Mr Zimmerman's gun, which was in a holster at his side, became exposed and he claimed that Trayvon saw it and said: "You're gonna die tonight."

Asked about the moment he reached for his weapon, Mr Zimmerman said he first felt Trayvon's hand reach for the gun. "That's when I didn't have any more time," he added.

Later in the interview, after initially saying he had no regrets, Mr Zimmerman asked to readdress the question and added: "I do wish that there was something, anything, I could have done that wouldn't have put me into the position where I had to take his life."

Asked if he had a message for Trayvon's parents, Mr Zimmerman said: "I am sorry that they buried their child. I can't imagine what it must feel like, and I pray for them daily."

Trayvon was shot dead on February 26. Mr Zimmerman, a neighbourhood watch volunteer, was not arrested for weeks after local police initially decided against pressing charges, which led to a storm of protests from the black community.

Asked during Wednesday's interview about a possible racial motivation behind the shooting, Mr Zimmerman said: "I'm not a racist, and I'm not a murderer."

As the interview ended, he acknowledged the impact the killing of Trayvon had on US society. The case drew comment from President Barack Obama, who called the case a "tragedy" and said that if he had a son he would look like Trayvon.

Looking directly into the camera, Mr Zimmerman said: "I do want to tell every-one, my wife, my family, my parents, my grandmother, the Martins, the city of Sanford and America that I'm sorry that this happened.

"I hate to think that because of this incident, because of my actions, it's polarised and divided America. And I'm truly sorry."

After his arrest in April, Mr Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder and spent time in prison before being released on $US1 million bail.

He has pleaded not guilty and his attorney said his trial could be more than a year away.

================================================== ========
    Source:
    http://www.theage.com.au/world/it-wa...720-22dpj.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Late Late x 10 (list)

2. Post #2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    What a fucking title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,508 Posts
    Way to take the situation out of context; like an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Go eat a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,836 Posts
    Just wanted to make clear that I am rating OP dumb, not article dumb. Not only is there already a thread about this, but your thread title might just be one of the most retarded and overly sensational I have ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,466 Posts
    I like how it's "black teenager" instead of just "teenager".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CONVICTED KILLER AND BABY EATER, MURDERED INNOCENT BLACK TEENAGER FOR ALLAH

more at 11, back to you tom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    I like how it's "black teenager" instead of just "teenager".
    Well according to the bible dark skin is a curse, so it makes sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    yep, sounds like something the god of the bible would do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,977 Posts
    I don't know why people keep taking it out of context, I'm pretty sure he just means that is was fate not that "I killed him for God" jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    I don't know why people keep taking it out of context, I'm pretty sure he just means that is was fate not that "I killed him for God" jesus
    Because people see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and then try to make others see and hear the same.

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    279 Posts
    He's saying it in the same way people say it when loved ones die or tragic events happen to them. It's just another way of saying fate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2008
    1,103 Posts
    "I simply really don't know what God George Zimmerman is worshipping because there's no way that the God that I serve had in his plans for George Zimmerman to murder my son," said Trayvon's father, Tracy.
    It's actually kind of interesting that she said this. Is she saying that God had a bunch of plans laid out, but then Zimmerman came in and stepped on them? That God's big plan for her family were ruined because of one man, whom he failed to take into consideration?

Edited:

Although in all likeliness it was just something said in the heat of the moment and really doesn't mean anything with regards to her take on religion.

15. Post #15
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,835 Posts
    ban god!

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    12,442 Posts
    It seems like no one cares that he trailed off after saying it, like he was just trying to set things straight in his head. He's not some religious crazy.

Damnit facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    4,372 Posts
    He didn't say it like that for sure but in the interview instead of saying "well, I wish I stayed home instead and this incident never went down" he has to instead pander to the Fox audience or something with the whole "gods plan cant decide for god hurp"

You can say anything was God's plan it just isn't an answer besides you trying to not dig yourself into a deeper hole. I was always more against Zimmerman because everything was so cryptic but more and more it's becoming more clear that he's a scumbag and it's becoming harder to defend him. Not to be mistaken as a mad athiest I'm saying this from the other parts of the interview more so added with details just not adding up.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    It's actually kind of interesting that she said this. Is she saying that God had a bunch of plans laid out, but then Zimmerman came in and stepped on them? That God's big plan for her family were ruined because of one man, whom he failed to take into consideration?

Edited:

Although in all likeliness it was just something said in the heat of the moment and really doesn't mean anything with regards to her take on religion.
    Yeah this is going way to deep into this, but I don't think she's "serving" the god she things she serving if she doesn't think God isn't a ruthless cunt who murders millions of people without blinking an eye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)