1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,554 Posts
    Were basically calling you out and saying that you're full of shit by claiming that the animations are bad because the game might share some resources with a previous title.

You can't know by screenshots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    No, I've played War Inc., the game whose assets War Z borrows heavily from.
    Enlighten me, then. How much stuff do you see that's taken from War Inc, and tell me about your absolute certainity that everything will stay this way and eventual re-used models aren't just placeholders, this thing being in alpha and whatnot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    What you're doing isn't sharing anything, you're pulling false things out your ass like they're facts.
    Ok maybe it's a bit much to assume that every shortcoming in War Inc. will be present in this game as well but the assets they're reusing still aren't very good. I'd rather have had Hammerpoint create their own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

4. Post #764
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    you act as if the assets they're reusing are final

they haven't even released the goddamn beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #765
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Ok maybe it's a bit much to assume that every shortcoming in War Inc. will be present in this game as well but the assets they're reusing still aren't very good. I'd rather have had Hammerpoint create their own.
    Can you please give examples of these assets they're reusing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #766
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Can you please give examples of these assets they're reusing?
    Guns, playermodels, gun anims, player anims. Even for F2P standards they're p bad, and this is a game that, according to a few pages back, will cost $60.

I don't even like Day Z, but the mod has a military sandbox as a backbone while War Z has a mediocre arcade shooter. War Z will probably have more features and be user friendly but the former will have tons flocking to it just for the immersion factor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Okay and where did you see this video that shows these animations?

Edited:

Also quit getting game and engine confused. Did you know Civilization IV is on the same engine as The Elder Scrolls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    379 Posts
    I don't even like Day Z, but the mod has a military sandbox as a backbone
    A military sandbox legendary for it's poorly designed engine and lack of ANY sort of first person arm mesh or view model for the guns, they just took the lazy route and tacked on a camera onto the third person model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #770
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    A military sandbox legendary for it's poorly designed engine and lack of ANY sort of first person arm mesh or view model for the guns, they just took the lazy route and tacked on a camera onto the third person model.
    I don't see this so much as the lazy route as them being lazy in how they implemented it. I prefer a camera tacked onto third person, but only if it's done well. I believe there were a few source mods that did it.

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,013 Posts
    I don't really see how not being able to see your legs would affect a game such as this but okay.
    People go completely apeshit over seeing your legs in shooters. A few games did it and now everyone demands every game ever does it. It doesn't bother me at all, I grew up on DOOM. Legs are neat, but I don't kick my feet and cry about it when a game doesn't have them, like I've seen a lot of people do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

War Inc.'s stability crumbles once 10 people shoot each other in the same vicinity. Imagine that but with hundreds of zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

13. Post #773
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    For the sake of immersion it's cool, but I can live without it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    People go completely apeshit over seeing your legs in shooters. A few games did it and now everyone demands every game ever does it. It doesn't bother me at all, I grew up on DOOM. Legs are neat, but I don't kick my feet and cry about it when a game doesn't have them, like I've seen a lot of people do.
    I agree that it's nice to see smaller details like this, however it definitely doesn't ruin the game if it's missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,013 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

War Inc.'s stability crumbles once 10 people shoot each other in the same vicinity. Imagine that but with hundreds of zombies.
    War Inc. =/= the full capabilities of that engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    379 Posts
    I don't see this so much as the lazy route as them being lazy in how they implemented it.
    Ah yes that's what I meant but my statement was too vague, thanks for the correction!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #777
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

War Inc isn't exactly an optimized game. You're still getting game and engine confused.

Look: Day Z is a MOD of Arma 2, whose ENGINE is already LESS THAN INCREDIBLE.

War Z is a GAME being built on the ENGINE of War Inc, which is LESS THAN GOOD.

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

You do realize you're just digging yourself deeper into this hole, yes?

Just because it's the same engine, doesn't mean it'll be as badly optimized.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    Guns, playermodels
    Again, could be placeholders.

gun anims, player anims.
    Because we've totally seen them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #780
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    Ignore and don't answer please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Yes. In War Inc.

Edited:

Ignore and don't answer please.
    Ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

22. Post #782
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,732 Posts
    Again, could be placeholders.

I'm pretty sure we've only just recently got screenshots of guns in-game... so how can he tell especialy from pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    I'm pretty sure we've only just recently got screenshots of guns in-game... so how can he tell especialy from pictures.
    I believe it was sarcasm on jimhowl33t's part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,874 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

stop posting you're only making yourself look dumber for each new post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    Yes. In War Inc.
    I feel as though this just tells me that you're looking for reactions now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

26. Post #786
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    So now I ask another question: How many different ways can you model the same gun? If they're using the same gun in both games and they DID make a from-scratch model, how would you even be able to tell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    Guns, playermodels, gun anims, player anims. Even for F2P standards they're p bad, and this is a game that, according to a few pages back, will cost $60.

I don't even like Day Z, but the mod has a military sandbox as a backbone while War Z has a mediocre arcade shooter. War Z will probably have more features and be user friendly but the former will have tons flocking to it just for the immersion factor.
    yesterday as I was playing dayz a hacker teleported the entire server to himself, spawned towers of crates containing every weapon in the game, and then proceded to break 3 players legs my looking at them

immersion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,845 Posts

Even for F2P standards
    Kind of off topic, but "it's free" isn't a valid excuse for a game being shit. A game can be shit regardless of how much you pay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #789
    July 2010
    3,916 Posts
    95 new posts, think something exciting has happened but instead its you fuckers slapping each others dicks.

no homo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,598 Posts
    But it can handle a lot.

I'm sorry but are you, like, blind?

Did you read what we said or do you think that your opinion is so right that you didn't even read?

War Inc. = F2P Shooter, not too bad but not too good.
    The War Z = Completely different game, looks unique in its own way. It's also a MMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #791
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    I'm sorry but are you, like, blind?

Did you read what we said or do you think that your opinion is so right that you didn't even read?

War Inc. = F2P Shooter, not too bad but not too good.
    The War Z = Completely different game, looks unique in its own way. It's also a MMO.
    While I do agree with you, that's a very generous opinion of War Inc.

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,598 Posts
    While I do agree with you, that's a very generous opinion of War Inc.
    Haven't played it that much so i wanted to remain a bit neutral...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,718 Posts
    Yes. In War Inc.

Edited:

Ok.
    we're trying to get hyped up over a potentially awesome game and you're shitting on our parade.

in other words shut the fuck up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,845 Posts
    we're trying to get hyped up over a potentially awesome game and you're shitting on our parade.

in other words shut the fuck up.
    It's not even that. He's making incredibly ignorant comments like he's a fucking dev.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    It's not even that. He's making incredibly ignorant comments like he's a fucking dev.
    How so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #796
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    How so?
    Saying that animations and assets are being used from War Inc. without any definitive proof.

37. Post #797
    June 2011
    894 Posts
    Wow so much nerd rage in this thread.
    Im with you zeldar!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,239 Posts
    Im with you zeldar!
    You know you can just click "agree" and not have to state it, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,718 Posts
    Im with you zeldar!
    someone give this guy some lube because clearly he wants zeldars butthole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Saying that animations and assets are being used from War Inc. without any definitive proof.

Well gee, that looks familiar..

We established that they were reusing assets pages upon pages ago. If you wanna be hyped don't let me stop you, but I don't get why people are denying this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)