1. Post #41
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,661 Posts
    People were hating on BioShock 2 from what I remember, but when I played it I loved it. Story, presentation and music was top-notch.
    Hate? I have never seen anyone hating on Bioshock 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Bought a handful of mostly cheaper indie games.

This year's sale wasn't that great, but I still managed to up my game library by 7 or 8 games.

Here's to hoping lots of good games come out in the next few months so that the Winter Sale will be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,445 Posts
    I thought it was an extremely boring game that got repetitive very quick.

I wouldn't have gave it any more than 4/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    February 2010
    1,015 Posts
    I bought Bioshock 1 & 2

Bioshock 1 got boring after about 2 hours

Haven't installed Bioshock 2 yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Bought Chaos Theory, this is going to be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,765 Posts
    Atleast I got the Harold Lott dlc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,187 Posts
    I got Boarderlands, Q.U.B.E, Mirrors Edge, Splintercell: Chaos Theory and Arma:CO(Not for Dayz)

I think I can hold out till the Christmas sales to get more games.

8. Post #48
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,580 Posts
    I can't personally endorse the PC version despite it being a pretty good game, too many game/save breaking bugs. Not to mention the fact that they completely neglected to fix the problems that Bioshock 1 had, like audio skipping and aspect-ratio irregularities (although that one was patched).

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I thought it was an extremely boring game that got repetitive very quick.

I wouldn't have gave it any more than 4/10
    That's a bit harsh. It's a fine game, but it feels very different from Bioshock 1 and loses a lot of the charm. You definitely feel the transition from plane crash survivor to Big Daddy.

I also felt the story was weak in comparison to Bioshock 1. Not really as engaging to me.

The one thing Bioshock 2 got right over the first game though; gameplay. The combat felt much more refined and enjoyable, if not a bit easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #50
    May 2010
    2,331 Posts
    Only bought Tropico 4 for myself and gifted a friend Civ 5.

11. Post #51
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,212 Posts
    I only bought Arma2 before it went to $15 oh well, I don't regret it Arma was good. Mind you I rather the Christmas sales waaay more

12. Post #52
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    I got every badge for this years sale... except for buying something. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Got my badge.

Also I bought Q.U.B.E and Metro 2033.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Got my badge as well. In the clear, give me my prize, Valve.

There.. there is a prize at the end for all this effort, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    17,169 Posts
    I bought one game this sale, and it doesn't work on my computer.

Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Icegrim Necrokult Warrior
    December 2007
    1,099 Posts
    Only bought KOTOR.

17. Post #57
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    Got my badge as well. In the clear, give me my prize, Valve.

There.. there is a prize at the end for all this effort, right?
    "Effort" lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #58
    dont get bioshock on pc. play it with a gamepad. mouse controls are so fucked up i couldnt even play it properly
    Takes like 5 minutes of work to make the game completely playable on PC.

19. Post #59
    January 2012
    288 Posts
    And so, I started with $100 dollars in my wallet and by the end, all that's left is... $0.20.

Yessss.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    "Effort" lmao
    Adjust my sleep schedule so that I was able to participate in the community vote every day, let-alone 20 times. It took a little bit of effort, yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    Adjust my sleep schedule so that I was able to participate in the community vote every day, let-alone 20 times. It took a little bit of effort, yeah.
    I participated every day and it didn't require any form of effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    It's a good thing I'm not you, eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    Yeah good thing you feel waking up is an effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #64
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,966 Posts
    Spent $175 dollars. Most I've ever spent during Steam Sales. Depending on how I look at it, it was a great/horrifying sale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,320 Posts
    dont get bioshock on pc. play it with a gamepad. mouse controls are so fucked up i couldnt even play it properly
    Did you have your mouse plugged in?

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,574 Posts
    Arkham City or The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition worth picking up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Yeah good thing you feel waking up is an effort.
    Uh, on the contrary I am an awful sleeper. Sometimes when I wake up I have problems breathing and I have to specifically try to do it in order to be able to, it's very uncomfortable and allows waking up to be a pain the ass sometimes.
    At the same time I'm also quite dedicated when it comes to collecting limited-time things such as the Steam sale objectives, so I tried my best to make sure I could get at least 20 votes as well as a single vote every day by setting alarms and taking powernaps.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped being a dick over something you were able to do more easily than I was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,520 Posts
    I thought the gameplay in Bioshock 2 was way better but the story wasn't as good as 1. But it was still a pretty decent game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    Uh, on the contrary I am an awful sleeper. Sometimes when I wake up I have problems breathing and I have to specifically try to do it in order to be able to, it's very uncomfortable and allows waking up to be a pain the ass sometimes.
    At the same time I'm also quite dedicated when it comes to collecting limited-time things such as the Steam sale objectives, so I tried my best to make sure I could get at least 20 votes as well as a single vote every day by setting alarms and taking powernaps.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped being a dick over something you were able to do more easily than I was.
    Don't buy it, but thanks for trying the "feel sorry for me" tactic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Don't buy it, but thanks for trying the "feel sorry for me" tactic.
    It's not even a big deal, though.. I adjusted to the community vote times just fine. I don't need you to feel sorry for me. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

31. Post #71
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    I'm sure it was really horrible :((((
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    Got Civ V, Sam and Max complete, Quantum Conundrum, and the Binding of Isaac DLC.
    No regrets.
    The only thing I came into this sale hoping to get that I didn't was the Harold Lott DLC for Killing Floor, because no matter how awesome it might be to play as lodesamoney I can't really justify dropping 1.25 on a reskin.

33. Post #73
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,588 Posts
    Got Civ V, Sam and Max complete, Quantum Conundrum, and the Binding of Isaac DLC.
    No regrets.
    Is Quantum Conundrum any good? From the videos of it it seems pretty slow

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    Is Quantum Conundrum any good? From the videos of it it seems pretty slow
    I don't know yet. Just got it about 5 minutes ago, installing now.
    So "maybe some" regrets, not sure yet.

35. Post #75
    September 2009
    7,359 Posts
    Welp, bought Just Cause 2. I felt the urge to try to buy a few games in the main deals - like Serious Sam 3 - but I resisted them right up until the final moments with JC2.

And that one's not even on the main deals! vv

36. Post #76
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    I wouldn't say people were hating it, it just didn't match up to the original. Even though they did patch up plenty of gameplay mechanics and improve graphics, the story wasn't as good, and Rapture lost a lot of its shock when you'd already seen it, not to mention that it used GFWL and the Minerva's Den DLC can't be purchased through Steam.

37. Post #77
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Summer sale this year wasn't nearly as good as normal. I am sad now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. There's new community votes every 8 hours, 3 votes a day. I'm not really understanding how you had trouble getting in 1 vote a day. Surely you had at least 30 seconds of internet access per day. I don't understand how sleep schedule factors into it at all. You are awake at some point during each day right?

I can understand 20 votes being a bit difficult. I work, but luckily I had the week off, so I was always on my computer or was able to vote on my phone. I still have a hard time seeing how you had to adjust to vote once a day though.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,049 Posts
    Steam credit down to $2.20

Any suggestions?

40. Post #80
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I've bought like 30 games since steam sales started