1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    THE FRESH PRINCE OF COMPTON
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    You're a little late to the party with those MtH remakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    BIT.TRIP Presents: the longest title ever
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    Well, I didn't have access to my computer at that time.

Edited:

I also didn't have SFM at that time (obviously)

4. Post #4
    tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor
    July 2010
    5,738 Posts
    You made 4 videos from the preset Meet The videos?
    Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,887 Posts
    I also didn't have SFM at that time (obviously)
    Editing the MTT videos are great as a first start, but please, do not share them here. Its best you to make something different, as you can learn much much more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Editing the MTT videos are great as a first start, but please, do not share them here. Its best you to make something different, as you can learn much much more.
    Pfft, you don't need to edit premade videos to learn SFM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    Pfft, you don't need to edit premade videos to learn SFM.
    This is so true. When I first got it and opened up meet the engineer, I had no idea what was going on. Had to open a new map and watch tutorials for a while before I even went to the MTT movies. Even then I only made one remake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2010
    94 Posts
    wheres whats his face when you need him :-p Please dont create a new thread if its nothing but small edits to the meet the heavy video. there are already about ten dozen of those vidoes out on youtube and while it is a great place to start, the sad thing i find with most of them is that most people dont even bother to change the camera angles or anything all they do is add hats or run in front of the camera (ill admit i did do this at first when i got it..but i did not put it on youtube)

this would have also been better in the source filmmaker video threads yes its more about videos that are less then a min long but considering you really did not do much with these videos other then a few small tweaks it really didnt need its own thread.

but this is a good note for others out there. my suggestion in starting out. is yes go ahead and play around with meet the heavy. but then start over and try to do something else. it may also be a good thought instead of posting the first video you make with the tool (temping as it may be with the direct youtube upload feature) play around with it a while. and then once you have a video that you think is pretty neat then upload that.

i spent like oh gosh 60 hours with SFM so far and i have yet to release a video yet (though about to. soon) but you gotta kinda look at the tool as a director too. think "ok does my video really bring anything to the table or is it something interesting others who like SFM would like to see?) then release it :-) if not...well maybe hold off and work on it a bit more.

the nice thing is the more you work with it the better youll get. SFM is a very powerful tool that lets you take even a simple concept and with the right presentation make something interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    BIT.TRIP Presents: the longest title ever
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    Meet The Heavy's Hat And Weapons took 2 days

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Auqr...eature=related how did this guy get so many LIKES and VIEWS? one of my videos were like that

Edited:

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80KN...eature=related how come you guys aren't hating these ones? I actully spent TIME on mine, unlike these ones

10. Post #10
    THE FRESH PRINCE OF COMPTON
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    Meet The Heavy's Hat And Weapons took 2 days

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Auqr...eature=related how did this guy get so many LIKES and VIEWS? one of my videos were like that

Edited:

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80KN...eature=related how come you guys aren't hating these ones? I actully spent TIME on mine, unlike these ones
    Lol did you just rate everyone dumb who disagreed with you?

Mods, can I see a ban here? This guy is clearly not going to be a good contributor to the community. You should just get it out of the way sooner than later.

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    94 Posts
    technically he hasnt done anything worth a ban.. yet ;-). but yeah it happens this is the internet. some idiot might make a youtube video that is completely pointless, stupid and not worth the time but 5 million people will watch it :-). if you like what you did thats good for you.. but like others are saying. MTH has already been done. i just would suggest now that you gotten that out of your system to work on something a tad more creative? start from scratch. heck even if your not good with animation you could record yourself running around in the game and then figure out how to do camera angels and all that such.. theres lots of possibilies with the toolset just gotta keep an open mind strive for something as Nintendo's CEO says ..."different" :-)