1. Post #1
    ===
    This was a waste of $1
    December 2011
    1,564 Posts
    Anaheim police have shot dead yet another man just a day after killing 24-year old Manuel Diaz. The previous day's shooting sparked a protest against police brutality that was violently broken up by authorities.
    Police say the second shooting took place on Sunday, when anti-gang crime officers spotted a stolen SUV and started chasing it. Three suspects were said to have jumped out of the SUV, with police continuing their pursuit on foot. The men reportedly opened fire at an officer, and the policeman retaliated by shooting dead one of the shooters.

However, eyewitnesses say police shot dead a man who was already handcuffed, OC Weekly reports.

Family friends told the Weekly that the victim was Joel Acevedo, a resident of Anaheim.
    Residents on the scene allegedly tried to take photos from a second floor of an apartment block, but police obscured their view with flash lights. The second alleged killing took place a few blocks away from the place where 24-year-old Manuel Diaz was gunned down by police on Saturday.

In the wake of Diaz's death, roughly 200 people gathered to protest police brutality and pelted cops with bottles.
    Police attempted to break up the crowds firing beanbag rounds and tear gas. A shocking video of the riot shows women and children amongst the panicking demonstrator, fleeing for cover.
    Footage shows a police dog slipping from an officer’s hand and taking down one of the protesters and biting his arm before being brought under control.
    “They just released the dog, and I had my baby and my stroller,” resident Susan Lopez told local television channel KCAL.
    Demonstrations have raged in Anaheim since Saturday afternoon when Diaz died of his wounds after being shot by cops.
    On Sunday enraged protesters stormed the local police station amid chants of “no justice, no peace” and "cops, pigs, murderers."
    Two officers spotted three men, one of whom was Diaz, acting suspiciously in an alleyway, the police's account of the story says. The men tried to run from police, but one of the officers gave chase and fatally shot Diaz next to an apartment complex.
    A video showing the moments right after the shooting has emerged on YouTube. The video also shows that Diaz’s head was covered in blood, raising doubts about whether the police’s actions were justified. There have also been complaints online that police did not do enough to help the wounded Diaz, who apparently was still twitching at the beginning of the video.
    Source: [RT]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb x 22Friendly x 4Winner x 2Informative x 2Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,016 Posts
    God damn america, fix your fucking police departments already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Agree Agree x 20Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Sr.
    June 2012
    570 Posts
    Hey it sounds like a good idea to throw bottles at police officers guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    119 Posts
    Scary shit, I live pretty damn close to where this all happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2008
    1,183 Posts
    The men reportedly opened fire at an officer, and the policeman retaliated by shooting dead one of the shooters.

However, eyewitnesses say police shot dead a man who was already handcuffed
    Don't jump to conclusions, we don't really know what happened yet. As for the rubber bullets and tear gas, protestors were throwing bottles at them.
    I don't see anything wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,467 Posts
    Use a real source instead of that RT shit

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-shooting.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,083 Posts
    God damn america, fix your fucking police departments already.
    California =/= All of America.

I don't doubt Police from other states suck ass too, but in California it seems like everything is corrupt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    There is a woman with a baby right next to the dog in the video. Left side, she is holding it kinda weird but you can see the legs.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,016 Posts
    California =/= All of America.

I don't doubt Police from other states suck ass too, but in California it seems like everything is corrupt.
    This has happened in several states recently, your police training isn't doing a good enough job filtering out the people who go mad with power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,083 Posts
    This has happened in several states recently, your police training isn't doing a good enough job filtering out the people who go mad with power.
    Again, I don't doubt it.

Box me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,467 Posts
    Have you even looked into the article Crimor?

Let me give you the excerpt from the OP's article.

Three suspects were said to have jumped out of the SUV, with police continuing their pursuit on foot. The men reportedly opened fire at an officer, and the policeman retaliated by shooting dead one of the shooters.
    The entire focal point of this would be this part.

However, eyewitnesses say police shot dead a man who was already handcuffed, OC Weekly reports.
    Which I have looked at and now seen that it has been retracted from the OC Weekly article. Literally striken out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #12
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts

Which I have looked at and now seen that it has been retracted from the OC Weekly article. Literally striken out.
    People will say anything to bash America's law enforcement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,620 Posts
    "filtering out the people who go mad with power"

Because there's totally a "I go mad with power" box that can be checked on the applications.

It's impossible to honestly filter it out without giving each and every officer (Parole to Prison Guard) a complete psych evaluation, which would cost the taxpayers a ton, and would keep the police from doing their jobs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    Again, I don't doubt it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_corruption

Police corruption is a significant widespread problem in several countries, such as the United States of America, Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, India and Mexico.
    The problem is also prevalent in NYC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...and_misconduct

Stop justifying this nonsense with the "its just a couple of bad apples guys!" argument. It contributes nothing but further sweeping under the rug scenarios and further corruption. With your mindset, nothing will ever get fixed and the problem will just keep growing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,083 Posts
    Americans should react to shootings the way Norwegians does it. Instead of throwing bottles at cops in a fury they should huddle together on the streets and have a Bruce Springsteen concert
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2012
    1,692 Posts
    I consider myself lucky that I haven't ever even needed to speak to police. It's bad in Cali.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,030 Posts
    People will say anything to bash America's law enforcement.
    Honestly people only do this because the only American cops who get on the news are the ones deserving to be bashed, at least as far as I've seen. I like to think for every bad cop who abuses his power there are three good ones who do what they're supposed to do, the way they're supposed to do it. But of course they don't get the attention they deserve. Good cops almost never make good news stories.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

18. Post #18
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    Honestly people only do this because the only American cops who get on the news are the ones deserving to be bashed, at least as far as I've seen. I like to think for every bad cop who abuses his power there are three good ones who do what they're supposed to do, the way they're supposed to do it. But of course they don't get the attention they deserve. Good cops almost never make good news stories.
    Only time god cops ever make the news is when they wind up dead, which, what with how much people hate cops nowadays, is far too often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    Good cops dont make good news stories because good cops are doing their jobs. You dont need to give them a pat on the back for doing what they're being payed to do.

Good cops dont magically justify the bad cops. It's time people realized this and stopped being apolgetic children who are afraid to admit police departments may have some flaws after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    Exactly. You don't see me spewing shit out of my mouth about Europe's problems. Because I don't live there, and I don't know what it really is like. It's a simple concept; not arguing without facts and personal experience.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,466 Posts
    Good cops almost never make good news stories.
    No shit, the media won't make a dime of money by selling happy-go-lucky fuzzy warm stories of cops doing good, the only way the media will make money is by selling headlines of "AUTHORITY FUCKS UP AS USUAL!" because they know that it sells more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,489 Posts
    Shooting someone who shoots you = police brutality

Oh okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,761 Posts
    I don't know about American police so I can't comment, but I know in England the institutional racism and corruption of the force in general is ridiculous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,359 Posts
    I don't know about American police so I can't comment, but I know in England the institutional racism and corruption of the force in general is ridiculous
    Wait, so you're telling me that America isn't the only place with law enforcement corruption? Preposterous!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts

Yellow journalism at its finest.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,382 Posts
    Police corruption in the US is not a huge social problem like it is in Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, India, and Mexico.
    EDIT: Also I just noticed the wiki doesn't cite that at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,761 Posts
    Wait, so you're telling me that America isn't the only place with law enforcement corruption? Preposterous!
    I'm just saying that a lot of people use the bad apple thing in America and I don't know how it is there, but in England it's not so much the case of a bad apple than the case of a neglected orchard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,466 Posts
    Police corruption in US is not a huge social problem like it is in Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, India, and Mexico.
    america is the only nation state that matters doofus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts
    RT posted:
    Anaheim police have shot dead yet another man just a day after killing 24-year old Manuel Diaz.
    Oh RT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,466 Posts
    What's RT, why have I never heard of it, and why does everybody hate it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    Russia Today, they're known for having a very strong Anti-West bias, borderline conspiracy theory at times. They're like the Russian equivalent of Fox News.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts

The problem is also prevalent in NYC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...and_misconduct

Stop justifying this nonsense with the "its just a couple of bad apples guys!" argument. It contributes nothing but further sweeping under the rug scenarios and further corruption. With your mindset, nothing will ever get fixed and the problem will just keep growing.
    You don't live in the United States do you? You live in Israel. Your source is weak and just talking about NYC, what about the Hayward Sherrif's department? Minneapolis PD? Bozeman PD? Hmm? If you're that quick to generalize the police force of a country with 300 million+ people, then that's just weak.

Edited:

Fair and Balanced of Russia, kindly funded by the Kremlin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    You're very dense. Theres literally THOUSANDS of police officers in America. The majority of which are good people who only do good. The occasional story we here of things like this are isolated incidents. When they do good, no one notices, but when they do bad, they're crucified. Don't try and make it out like every cop in the US is a terrible person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    You're very dense. Theres literally THOUSANDS of police officers in America. The majority of which are good people who only do good. The occasional story we here of things like this are isolated incidents. When they do good, no one notices, but when they do bad, they're crucified. Don't try and make it out like every cop in the US is a terrible person.
    Pretty much, if you listed up all the corrupt cops who've been exposed in the past ten years, you'd probably have less people than the staff of a single police department, of a single town, of a single state.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,382 Posts
    Russia Today, they're known for having a very strong Anti-West bias, borderline conspiracy theory at times. They're like the Russian equivalent of Fox News.
    And they have funding from the Kremlin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,466 Posts
    I think the point that he was trying to make was that we should be striving to stop these occasional incidents, somehow, even if they do happen once per thousands.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,083 Posts

You're putting words in my mouth. Are you fucking serious?

38. Post #38
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,433 Posts
    And they have funding from the Kremlin
    Yup, government owned, the Cold War is alive and well.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,628 Posts
    Shooting someone who shoots you = police brutality

Oh okay
    I never get it with stories like this. If the police do anything more than say "Hey stop that" to someone whos spitting, fighting and cursing, or in this case someone who was possibly shooting at them they end up getting charged with police brutality. It's a bit bullshit, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,083 Posts
    I never get it with stories like this. If the police do anything more than say "Hey stop that" to someone whos spitting, fighting and cursing, or in this case someone who was possibly shooting at them they end up getting charged with police brutality. It's a bit bullshit, I think.
    The issue isn't this though, everyone is protesting because they viewed officers shoot a handcuffed criminal.

News Story posted:
    This isn't a totalitarian country. If someone is arrested they're to be given their legal right to jury by peers, not a quick and hasty end to something that was possibly, but not likely in this case, a complete fuck up.