1. Post #41
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,150 Posts
    Yeah but Dead Island wasn't that fun.
    I've spent more time on dead island than Borderlands, I got a lot out of dead island because of the action. I'm not even halfway into borderlands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,456 Posts
    Dead Island was boring as hell and more bugged than an ant hill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #43
    November 2010
    5,025 Posts
    Personally I had a great time with Borderlands. I had so many friends wanting to do COOP I had to exclude people because there was only room for 4! I don't really see how Borderlands was anymore grinding than something like Dead Island or Left 4 Dead 2, you're constantly getting cool weapons and skills so you can blow stuff up even bigger, you're never sitting in the same area killing the same monsters just to level up and go to the next area, do you people even know what grinding is? I played World of Warcraft for 7 years, that was grinding. Borderlands 2 also had hilarious writing and characters, and brilliant DLCs.

The only problem with it I ever had was Gamespy acting up and the scaling got a little weird sometimes.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,294 Posts
    This may just be me, but I never saw Borderlands as a game you should or might buy. Even with how many times it gone on sale I've never even thought about buying it.
    Probably not a bad decision if you don't have friends to play with

The entire game is basically just constant repetition of the first few hours

5. Post #45
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,716 Posts
    I've been meaning to beat Borderlands but never have because I've been wanting to do it coop, and nobody wants to play it anymore.

Edited:

Getting 4 people to play the entire game with you is very difficult because real life gets in the way.
    I'll play with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,294 Posts
    Dead Island was a lot less polished but it gave me more unique moments that kept me playing

7. Post #47
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    BL1 was boring as hell unless you got the DLC. Zombie island of Dr Zed or whatever his fucking name is + the one that was all about the red military dudes was way more entertaining than the vanilla missions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,150 Posts
    Dead Island was boring as hell and more bugged than an ant hill.
    The only thing that ticks me about Dead Island is the AI, the faceposing and the bad accents. Apart from that, smashing zombies brains out really gives me a thrill.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    My issues with borderlands were:

No replayability (same missions, same enemies in the same exact spots, classes barely differed except for their one special skill).

Enemies didn't feel fun to kill (just ran at you or strafed back and forth whille shooting 10 feet away, it felt like you were shooting at statues since they never reacted except for the same single stun animation/elemental kill animations).

No unique guns (TK's Wave makes you think you're gonna get cool guns then you never get anything like that ever again, unless it's a copypaste quest reward you will ALWAYS get- guaranteed).

No difficulty (hardest difficulty was the same dumb AI that just took longer to kill and hurt more if you fucked up, and then healed to completion 5 seconds later from regen).

The game was awesome for the first playthrough when you were taking in everything fresh but even then it was pretty boring with the grind quests (which then were the only thing you did thanks to the DLC). Who wants to grind 10,000 drops per playthrough for a single mission (out of 10+ grind missions + tiers)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #50
    This, however, will change in BL2.

You might find similar looking guns from the same manufacturer, but a tediore gun will look completely different from a vladorf gun:
    fucking oh my that's a helluva incentive to continue my tradition of using Vladof as my main
    You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    Indeed, it's a good game. It's even better with friends.

"OH GOD THE ENDING SUCKS JESUS CHRIST THE WHOLE GAME IS ASS"

No, fuck you, the ending did suck but the rest of it was fun.
    A game that has "singleplayer" mode should be enjoyable without an army of friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    April 2011
    781 Posts
    A game that has "singleplayer" mode should be enjoyable without an army of friends.
    its like Dead Island

based around 4 people and therefore works better with 4 people

13. Post #53
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,194 Posts
    It was a good game, but way too slow-paced if you were playing on your own

Looking forwards to 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    August 2009
    9,013 Posts
    does anyone else see the Goatse?

just me?
    They are on every thread man!