1. Post #1

July 2012
    1 Posts
    Over the past couple of weeks, I have thought about something. What is it? Aperture Science. I myself am a very experienced serious roleplayer with OA (Openaura).

Aperture Science is a piece of canon that has always appealed to me. So I started playing gmod, I started on darkrp, like most roleplayers. Then I ended up on a serious roleplaying server, and then I began to enjoy serious roleplaying alot more than my roleplay on Darkrp. So, I began roleplaying on OA.

I have been looking through the server lists all the time, to look for new customized OA gamemodes, but, I haven't found any. However, I would like to see an Aperture Science gamemode. I mean, it is a great idea. Wouldn't it be awesome to make up your own core and roleplay as one? Or be a security guard eating doughnuts? Or maybe even be a test subject and work until you ran out of cake? Or maybe be a scientist finding out many more facts and pills to make living as a human abit more easier? Well, this would all be awesome in my opinion, however, there is one problem. THERE ARE NO SERVERS WITH IT!!! So, I thought that if any serious roleplayers who know how to code, script and whatever are interested in making this gamemode, I would love you to try it! Now, I am not implying that I want to run a server, but I am just saying this as a suggestion to Openaura owners.

Note: I had no idea where to put this, so I put it in gamemodes section as it was what related to this topic the most. Kthxbai.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    January 2012
    821 Posts
    All you would need (Essentially) Is the maps, and a workable portal gun. Maybe a few custom maps would help.

3. Post #3
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,913 Posts
    You have the idea, make it happen.

4. Post #4

January 2012
    154 Posts
    This is similar to our Black Mesa roleplay.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1197180

We thought about doing Aperture but it would get boring doing doing the chambers. It's like playing portal over and over you know how to solve it so it's boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2009
    561 Posts
    The question is, which era are you doing it in? The 40's/50's, the 60's/70's, or the 80's (and above, before GLaDOS)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2008
    1,663 Posts
    The thing with AS roleplay is that you couldn't do any portal gun testing, but it would be pretty rad in the 70s with other devices being tested.

Mantis Men, anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)