1. Post #1

April 2012
    475 Posts
    MAJOR UPDATE:
    [h2]The collaboration is complete! It will be airing Monday, August the 20th at 7:30PM EST on the TruBlu Studios main channel (The link is under my username). Thanks to everyone that participated, you all did a great job![/h2]

Explanation: The concept is fairly simple, one person creates a video and shows it to another person who creates a follow up video, who shows it to another person who creates a follow up video and so on so forth until the last person finishes it off. An example of the final product would be something like this.

Rules:
    1. The minimum and maximum time limits are 10 - 30 seconds long.
    2. You must have some level of expertise to enter.
    3. Don't make your video too complicated, or too simple.
    4. Make sure your entry carries the plot.
    5. Watermark your entry. Be creative! If you don't watermark your entry it will be done for you.
    6. No music.
    7: Make sure any sounds or dialogue you use end with your video.
    8. Render your video, using these settings: 1, 2

To insure the rules are followed I will be the middle man for all submissions.

How to Enter:
    Sorry we're closed.

This thread will be updated periodically to follow new entrants, the completion of entries, and showcase the final product.

FAQ:
    Not all these questions have actually been asked
    Q: Are custom models aloud?
    A: YES! Just incorporate it into a TF2 map, or TF2 esque map, and make sure it's available to everyone for free.

Q: How do I submit my follow up video?
    A: Send me a private message with a download link to your completed follow up video. Do not send me the .dmx file.

Q: How will I receive the video I'm supposed to follow up on?
    A: Via private message.

Q: I have a Youtube channel, how will people know my part is mine?
    A: When you send your follow up part, send me a link to your youtube channel. Your channel will be an annotation on your watermark, and listed numerically in the description.

Q: Am I aloud to use custom sounds or dialogue?
    A: Yes, just don't recreate entire scenes. Make sure it carries the plot.

Q: When is the collaboration actually start?
    A: Now!

Entrants In Order:
    A = Complete B = Incomplete C = Dropped out
    1: OneFourth A
    2: brandonsh A
    3: Uglehs A
    4: Bletotum C
    5: Zachariah A
    6: UntouchedShadow C
    7: Jojje A
    8: radiomonster A
    9: Engy A
    10: Fiefio A
    11: HWECQI A
    12: ornafulsamee C
    13: Morphen A
    14: Darkomni C
    15: Dan* A
    16: TeeRave A
    17: hornypinecone C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    5,425 Posts
    So it's essentially the SFM version of GMOD tennis?

3. Post #3
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,483 Posts
    yep

4. Post #4
    April 2010
    94 Posts
    fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

5. Post #5

April 2012
    475 Posts
    So it's essentially the SFM version of GMOD tennis?
    Not exactly. The submissions will be shorter and all be in one video. It would be more like this.

6. Post #6
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,483 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFsgucUMZvE

AAAND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFIs_80B0

i can produce something of higher quality if you want

7. Post #7
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,556 Posts
    Literally the first thing I made in SFM (and without documentation too )
    I can do better, but I've been pretty stuck for ideas lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    I'd like to be part of one in the future, though I'm busy for the next couple months.

9. Post #9
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor
    July 2010
    5,738 Posts
    Holy fucking shit what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,035 Posts
    I don't want to be first or second because I am not a good plot creator, but I can make a 10-30 second filler.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    302 Posts
    I'll go ahead and throw my corndog on the pile as well.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 29Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

April 2012
    475 Posts
    I don't want to be first or second because I am not a good plot creator, but I can make a 10-30 second filler.
    The whole collaboration is about carrying a plot. Are you able to do that? I don't mean to sound condescending, but you said yourself you're not good at creating plots.

14. Post #14
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    The whole collaboration is about carrying a plot. Are you able to do that? I don't mean to sound condescending, but you said yourself you're not good at creating plots.
    It's a round robin in video form, then.

This oughtta be good.

15. Post #15

April 2012
    475 Posts
    Updates
    - Entrants updated
    - FAQ updated

16. Post #16
    July 2009
    6,002 Posts
    Literally the first thing I made in SFM (and without documentation too )
    I can do better, but I've been pretty stuck for ideas lately.
    I could probably make a quick follow up video to this. Do we have to like reserve videos we want to make a follow up to or something? How is this all going to play out?

17. Post #17

April 2012
    475 Posts
    I could probably make a quick follow up video to this. Do we have to like reserve videos we want to make a follow up to or something? How is this all going to play out?
    Please read over the page again.

18. Post #18
    July 2009
    6,002 Posts
    Wow how did I miss that? I completely misread it then.

Sign me up then. An example of my work:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,035 Posts
    I can follow a plot, just don't expect me to start off as I am not a creative starter, but I can definitely continue a plot.

Edited:

TBH you should have them send you the dmx, or atleast require them to render it in a specific way in the FAQ, so not everyone has different quality.

Also when sending you the file they should send you their youtube name so you can make an annotation to each clip linking to their channel, its only fair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,517 Posts
    Also when sending you the file they should send you their youtube name so you can make an annotation to each clip linking to their channel, its only fair.
    pretty sure that's how he's gonna do it

and yeah i'm up for this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZouYNu3Z6k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUfFwnrAsnQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReADY60ep9Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGn9GM30h9s

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,035 Posts
    If your burningfajitasalt then it would be nice to have you on board.

22. Post #22
    November 2011
    298 Posts
    and
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    More than nice.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,517 Posts
    yeah it totally ain't my videos i just posted :V

yeah i'm burningfajitasalt and i'm totally up for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

April 2012
    475 Posts
    Updates
    - Entrants updated
    - FAQ updated
    - Rules updated (Please read number 4)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    378 Posts
    I'd be happy to join, but I don't know if I can make it on time. I'm on vacations, this isn't my PC and I'm not the only one using it. It depends when the deadline will be, to be honest.

27. Post #27
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts
    Are we allowed to use custom assets? Nothing huge like models or maps, just effects and sounds and junk?

28. Post #28

April 2012
    475 Posts
    Are we allowed to use custom assets? Nothing huge like models or maps, just effects and sounds and junk?
    Yes. Custom sounds or dialogue are aloud. Just don't recreate entire scenes.

29. Post #29
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    I'd love to join, do we need an amazing amount of skill or just enough to get a point across?

30. Post #30
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts
    Alright, cool! I'll see if I can scrounge together a showcase video. Most of my recent stuff is ugly, jittery, pony shipping stuff to get rid of my dumber subscribers, so I'll probably need to make something new to audition for this.

31. Post #31
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    pony shipping stuff to get rid of my dumber subscribers
    what

32. Post #32

April 2012
    475 Posts
    I'd love to join, do we need an amazing amount of skill or just enough to get a point across?
    I wouldn't say you need an amazing amount of skill. I wouldn't ask anyone to be better than I am, and I won't be too harsh on those who aren't.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    378 Posts
    Alright, I have nothing to loose. Count me in!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

34. Post #34
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,483 Posts
    Alright, I have nothing to loose. Count me in!

every fucken time that video gets me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts
    It's a simple process really. I make stuff like this.
    And my worst subscribers will pitch a hissy fit, unsub, and never be heard from again. Usually it comes with a free hilarious PM, about how mature they are in comparison to me or something.

Now, I have to go come up with a real audition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,483 Posts
    It's a simple process really. I make stuff like this.

And my worst subscribers will pitch a hissy fit, unsub, and never be heard from again. Usually it comes with a free hilarious PM, about how mature they are in comparison to me or something.

Now, I have to go come up with a real audition.
    wouldn't it be more mature to block them? or, don't make a video about ponies in the first place?

edit: also when are we gonna decide the order. I'd be fine with going first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts
    wouldn't it be more mature to block them? or, don't make a video about ponies in the first place?
    K... You might want to sit down for this... Ok, seriously. Take a seat. This is going to hit you like a lead piano, k?

This is more fun than blocking them!
    I know it's hard to believe, but just give it a minute to sink in.

This is some deep, meaningful stuff here.

Also, I do block them, these videos help to lure them out. As soon as they start preaching about how I should never breed or some shit, they get their head wrapped up in a nice roll of internet duct tape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    Watch the thread-shitting, fellas.

I would like to be a part of it, but I'm not sure if I have enough expertise to do it quickly. Still, sounds like loads-a-fun. Once we've got an order in place, when do we start?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts

I would like to be a part of it, but I'm not sure if I have enough expertise to do it quickly. Still, sounds like loads-a-fun. Once we've got an order in place, when do we start?
    Hey! I made my response as concrete as I could, specifically to keep the argument from going on!
    So... Shut up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts

its not thread shitting just someone explaining something

that being said dont make it something bigger than it is

also can you add me to the entrants?

because i'd love to be part of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)