1. Post #161
    September 2009
    451 Posts
    I am building a ghost train with scenic stuff you drive past.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #162
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Someone should do a redux of the steel coaster cars, you know this time they actually have wheels and a decent body shape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    September 2009
    451 Posts
    You should add
    language.Add("#coaster_cart", "Coaster Cart")

It always exist some people who get killed by a #coaster_cart like in Final Destination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    December 2009
    600 Posts
    That would be so awesome, but I don't have any designs (and I'm not very artistic and can't draw)
    Well even if you find some designs from RCT or whatever i can improvise from that. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    April 2011
    3,188 Posts
    I'm not sure what's causing it, do you have any conflicting addons?
    I doubt it, just some sweps on my game. I just reinstalled a few days ago

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Try disabling all your addons, even if they don't make sense to conflict.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,334 Posts
    You need to make it so a #coaster cart is a Coaster Cart instead. Also I think I may rip a dimensional hole trying to do what I am doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #168
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,438 Posts
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but why do my roller coaster carts randomly stop and go back the other direction sometimes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    July 2010
    63 Posts
    is there any way to connect 2 Different Tracks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #170
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    To play a multiplayer server with this addon, join me. Add me on steam. (goblineat2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,943 Posts
    I don't suppose the option to change the track type would be in the todo list would it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,612 Posts
    I don't suppose the option to change the track type would be in the todo list would it?
    You already can...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Yeah, just click on the node with a different track type selected to update it's settings. (Works with everything except elevation )

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,943 Posts
    You can change the model of the track? That's what I meant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,612 Posts
    You can change the model of the track? That's what I meant.
    The 'Model' is actually a clientside mesh, so(speaking from little mesh experience here) it wouldn't be that easy a job to change it.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    I have a system of track types, I just haven't made any yet

(Settings tab -> combo box that defaults to "Metal Track" )

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,334 Posts
    -snip- Nevermind this post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,884 Posts
    What map was it in the first video?

19. Post #179
    December 2009
    600 Posts
    Could you possibly use a static texture instead of a trail for the beams? Long coasters make me lag whilst setting them out :(

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,885 Posts
    Foohy did you want some custom model carts?
    Coaster nerd coming through-

There are about 3 different cars which I think would look pretty damn cool.
    The sit-down vekoma Battlestar Galactica ride has some pretty neat restraints and looks cool anyway
    coaster car is in this style:

with the restraints being like this, but obviously not inverted

The second car which would look "smashing" is the massive wide dive machine cars used by B&M on rides such as Oblivion, Sheikra , Griffon..
    10 per row, wow.

The last car which looks badass is the bog-standard 2 wide, 2 long car. The new vekoma trains look real damn sexy. Same restraints as the battlestar glactica one.

And as for each one, wheel sets are like this. Unless foohy plans on putting in vekoma's weird track...

Just my nerdy two cents.

Oh an foohy, if you have the time, please put in B&M track and Intamin's new weird double spine track
    B&M box spine track

Intamin double spine track
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    5,033 Posts
    The only things I can think of to make this addon better would be:
    -Ability to create a 'break' in the track so that the cart can de-rail and then continue on the same track with the same id, this way it can loop back to the beginning instead changing to a new ID.
    Why I bring this up is because I tried to loop a roller coaster which consisted of like 5 separate segments and it didn't work, but also for saving roller coasters which have jumps which lead to other segments of track. Currently, saving both segments wouldn't save the appropriate distances between them, would it? Setting up the saved tracks by loading and placing them would require trial and error to get them spaced out properly so that the carts can land in their desired location, wheras with it all being grouped together as 1 track, saving it should save the distances between separated tracks.

-A 'type' of track from the list which would be a pre-fab multi-node loop which you would spawn when placing the first node, which can then be edited afterwards. (or some way to easily create a visually appealing loop)

22. Post #182
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Perhaps actual station tracks like from RCT, although they're easy enough to make by hand.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    The only things I can think of to make this addon better would be:
    -Ability to create a 'break' in the track so that the cart can de-rail and then continue on the same track with the same id, this way it can loop back to the beginning instead changing to a new ID.
    Why I bring this up is because I tried to loop a roller coaster which consisted of like 5 separate segments and it didn't work, but also for saving roller coasters which have jumps which lead to other segments of track. Currently, saving both segments wouldn't save the appropriate distances between them, would it? Setting up the saved tracks by loading and placing them would require trial and error to get them spaced out properly so that the carts can land in their desired location, wheras with it all being grouped together as 1 track, saving it should save the distances between separated tracks.

-A 'type' of track from the list which would be a pre-fab multi-node loop which you would spawn when placing the first node, which can then be edited afterwards. (or some way to easily create a visually appealing loop)
    Yeah I need to make track breaks, the actual carts falling off the track was pretty last minute, and it made it easy to just use another track to hook them on to.
    If you load a saved track with the "original spawn positions" checkbox checked for both tracks it'll be in the same exact position as before, so it'd work like it did when you saved them. But then you wouldn't be able to move it.

As for the loopdy loop, that's also been suggested and on my todo list.

I haven't had the time for work on the addon lately, I've had other things on my big list of things to do besides rollercoaster, so I haven't been able to adding/fixing stuff (though I think I got most of the major problems out of the way? I haven't been getting many more bug reports besides unique cases)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,885 Posts
    A question foohy: how wide are the wheel tubes and how far apart are they?

Yeah just saying i'm not modelling anything, but I can supply you with 2d orthographic views of the carts and tracks. I didn't do graphic communication for nothing.

25. Post #185
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    No idea why I made this, But I cry every time.. So emotional :'(

Love the add on though , probably the best Gmod add on ive used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,141 Posts
    No idea why I made this, But I cry every time.. So emotional :'(

Love the add on though , probably the best Gmod add on ive used.
    That must be the most uncomfortable ride I've ever seen.

Anyways, loving this addon so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    A question foohy: how wide are the wheel tubes and how far apart are they? Might as well start modelling stuff now.
    The radius of the side beams are 4 units, and they are separated by 30 units.

28. Post #188

December 2011
    6 Posts
    Am i the only one getting that its not available on workshop? http://gyazo.com/6692dfd2f025289dc3e685d2ed8d7a38

29. Post #189
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Am i the only one getting that its not available on workshop? http://gyazo.com/6692dfd2f025289dc3e685d2ed8d7a38
    are you logged in / own GM13
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #190

December 2011
    6 Posts
    are you logged in / own GM13
    i forgot to login -.- im an idiot lol

Edited:

Steam workshop still hates me though and wont let me hit the subscribe button to any addon, its acting like its not a button and just text

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,418 Posts
    Awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,318 Posts
    Hey Foohy, great mod! I'm having some problems with jumps. The past 6 jumps I've made seem to make the cart fly backwards instead of go forwards... Any way to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,885 Posts
    oh by the way foohy i've thought of a good idea to handle placement of nodes. The nodes should be ghosted;
    the mouse X and Y should alter the X and Y of the node, with the scroll wheel altering height of the node. Possibly holding right switches the mouse moves from moving the node to altering the roll of the node?

I'm sorry bletotum but how is that a bad idea, it would make node placement a LOT easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,943 Posts
    Yea, the the cart keeps colliding with the nodes, and the track itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #195
    January 2012
    23 Posts
    Addon is broke. Is a fix possibly coming soon? I couldn't see the track, nor the cart or the points. Then I could see the cart after countless uninstall/reinstalls, and now I can't even open the spawn menu unless I remove the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,640 Posts
    Addon is broke. Is a fix possibly coming soon? I couldn't see the track, nor the cart or the points. Then I could see the cart after countless uninstall/reinstalls, and now I can't even open the spawn menu unless I remove the mod.
    I just got the "Bad Coder" achievement because I was spammed with Lua errors after I tried to make a track node.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    The addon runs fine in gm13 with no other mods running. It is your job to figure out what you have that conflicts with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    January 2012
    23 Posts
    The addon runs fine in gm13 with no other mods running. It is your job to figure out what you have that conflicts with it.
    I've already removed all my addons, as I thought something was conflicting with it. Still doesn't work, and whenever the addon is installed, the spawnlist doesn't open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    I just got the "Bad Coder" achievement because I was spammed with Lua errors after I tried to make a track node.
    You should try posting the Lua errors mentioned, it might actually help Foohy resolve your issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

40. Post #200

August 2012
    1 Posts
    [IMG][/IMG]

Roller coaster code broke and everyone too????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)