1. Post #41
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,804 Posts
    Garry sent me from twitter. Subscribed. So sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    79 Posts
    Indeed, excellent looking mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,891 Posts
    Holy shit. I've always wanted to build proper rollercoasters in Gmod, and now I can!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,631 Posts
    And remember! Big Jefferey always says; Drop 'em!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    November 2007
    599 Posts
    Coolest thing to be made in gmod ever.

Has so much potential too. Imagine a massive theme park server. I haven't played gmod in years but I'd play it just for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    July 2008
    8 Posts
    Would be nice if it didn't keep crashing my game every 10 minutes while I'm in the middle of building
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    August 2007
    105 Posts
    Really looking forward to trying it out!
    Tried installing it by extracting the Rollercoaster folder into the Addons folder, but in-game i'm getting huge amounts of errors when I try to select the tool:

and

Anyone else had this error or know where i'm going wrong? I've tried multiple variations of folder extractions so I doubt that's it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23 (list)

8. Post #48
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    Is there a way to make the carts not explode when they go off the rails?

9. Post #49
    September 2001
    12,411 Posts
    Really looking forward to trying it out!
    Tried installing it by extracting the Rollercoaster folder into the Addons folder, but in-game i'm getting huge amounts of errors when I try to select the tool:

and

Anyone else had this error or know where i'm going wrong? I've tried multiple variations of folder extractions so I doubt that's it...
    GMod 13 only - read the bright red text in the very fist line in the very first post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 3 (list)

10. Post #50
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,155 Posts
    Oh jeez, did this thread get tweeted or something? My dropbox public links got deactivated

11. Post #51
    August 2007
    105 Posts
    GMod 13 only - read the bright red text in the very fist line in the very first post.
    Oops, installed it in the wrong version of Gmod, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #52
    Wow! This must have really annoyed Garry to post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

13. Post #53
    November 2007
    306 Posts
    I foresee a roller coaster tycoon-esque addon/gamemode that will turn gmod 13 into the thempark nostalgia addiction we all knew as kids.

this is the greatest addon ever! no more making crappy roller coaster track with weld and phx! =D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,614 Posts
    So much win, totally downloading this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,462 Posts
    That is so fucking awesome.

Really really awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    364 Posts
    Ah. I see you kept models/sunabouzu/sonic_the_carthog.mdl in there. Definitely my finest work.

Everyone give Foohy a high five if you see him. He is a cool dude and deserves your praise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,420 Posts
    Ah. I see you kept models/sunabouzu/sonic_the_carthog.mdl in there. Definitely my finest work.

Everyone give Foohy a high five if you see him. He is a cool dude and deserves your praise.
    How could we forgot your incredible video

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

18. Post #58

March 2010
    22 Posts
    -snip-

It was conflicting with one of my addons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,244 Posts
    Holy...

Fuck my hopes for an RCT4. Rollercoasters in Source... HOLY SHIT.

I can't wait to try this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #60

September 2008
    4 Posts
    Nice mod!

Very creative,
    I would only slow down the Rollercoaster a bit,
    IMO it builds up to much speed 2 fast, But thats just my opinion ^^

After that good luck with this Mod, Looks great so far. :D

Best regards,
    Blackjacker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

21. Post #61
    January 2011
    229 Posts
    Lovely! Those good old rollercoaster tycoon times, back in gmod!

Thank you!

22. Post #62
    September 2009
    450 Posts
    You forgot garry in the Credits. He added render.ComputeLighting( pos, normal ) because you talked with him, correct me if I am wrong.

Nice job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    July 2008
    645 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    April 2009
    251 Posts
    I was so happy to see this when I jumped on, I'm gone three days and we get THIS? I'm ecstatic.
    Except, I get this right after clicking the tool:

I get this when I click it again:

I get this every time I try to use it even after restarting Gmod, changing tools or switching weapons makes the collective screen go back to normal, but alas tool still doesn't work.

Should this go on the Github page?

I really wanted to fuck around with some rails and carts. :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    228 Posts
    Just added this to my dedicated, we'll see how this goes.

Edited:

Well got it running, made a coaster, all was good, then I undid a few nodes, noticed everything was still connected, rebuilt the client side, and....well.....

Request that coasters fly off and explode instead of trying to compensate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    I was so happy to see this when I jumped on, I'm gone three days and we get THIS? I'm ecstatic.
    Except, I get this right after clicking the tool:

I get this when I click it again:

I get this every time I try to use it even after restarting Gmod, changing tools or switching weapons makes the collective screen go back to normal, but alas tool still doesn't work.

Should this go on the Github page?

I really wanted to fuck around with some rails and carts. :C
    That's really strange, lemme see what I can do. Do you have any other addons installed? I heard it sometimes doesn't play well with other ones.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,631 Posts
    Does anyone else notice that if you go too high the support structures disappear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Does anyone else notice that if you go too high the support structures disappear?
    Someone else told me this but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Does the whole support beam disappear or everything except the base/lower part?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,631 Posts
    Someone else told me this but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Does the whole support beam disappear or everything except the base/lower part?
    I can't actually see the base part, since it's covered by the cart, but to my perspective, the whole beam vanishes when you get close to it when riding.

30. Post #70
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    Oh my god! this is perfection, Just had a little play around with it and it and cant believe how simple this is to use!

Great. Just great.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    I can't actually see the base part, since it's covered by the cart, but to my perspective, the whole beam vanishes when you get close to it when riding.
    Fixed, I wasn't setting the renderbounds properly when they were first spawned, but when moving the node it fixed itself, hence I had trouble reproducing it (woops!).

32. Post #72
    June 2009
    1,766 Posts
    Hey.
    I have found a way to get the Sonic cart...

Should i post it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,420 Posts
    Hey.
    I have found a way to get the Sonic cart...

Should i post it?
    oh god no foohy run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #74
    April 2012
    98 Posts
    Maybe a stupid question, can I use this on my gm 13 server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    September 2008
    1,095 Posts
    Could you perhaps add a way to control the launch speed from the Home track like in RollerCoaster Tycoon?

Also I made spiral jumps

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    January 2011
    562 Posts
    Now all you need is a an autocomplete algorithm, a bunch of NPCs to wander around and ride it, and we'll have Roller Coaster Tycoon: Gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Pretty good work right there, I hope nobody tries to re-create the Screaming Oaks because it sure is boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    New update (which will also fix the weird issue of the tool simply not showing up in workshop)

-Really short nodes do not draw the base model.
    -Changed the "Set to previous node height" checkbox to instead be relative to the previous node height. The new node will have the height of the previous node + elevation
    -Clientside physics mesh properly stays in place now (This means clientside ragdolls etc. will properly collide with the mesh)
    -Physics mesh will not collide with other physics meshes
    -Fixed supports not updating their colors properly after generating the mesh/adding a new node
    -Renamed update_mesh to coaster_update_mesh
    -Added coaster_update_nodes to refresh the clientside list of nodes
    -Added coaster_cart_cooldown to control whether to have a cooldown for screaming and vomiting
    -Fixed misspelling of 'brakes'

40. Post #80
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    I was actually wondering, is there any chance of a monorail option for the tracks and cars? It would be pretty useful for large / scenic maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)