1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,627 Posts
    You should try posting the Lua errors mentioned, it might actually help Foohy resolve your issues.
    Good idea. This is the first error message I get when I start the map and place a node.

Code:
    Hook 'CoasterDrawTrack' Failed: [lua/autorun\coastermanager.lua:254] attempt to call method 'IsController' (a nil value)
    	unknown	lua\includes\modules\hook.lua:78
    Hook 'CoasterDrawTrackTranslucents' Failed: [lua/autorun\coastermanager.lua:263] attempt to call method 'IsController' (a nil value)
    	unknown	lua\includes\modules\hook.lua:78
    Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'Coaster_AddNode'
    I got this after cleaning the map up completely.

Code:
    [lua/weapons\gmod_tool\tab\tabs\node_creator.lua:248] attempt to call method 'GetType' (a nil value)	unknown	lua/weapons\gmod_tool\tab\tabs\node_creator.lua:248
    	unknown	(tail call):-1
    	unknown	gamemodes\sandbox\entities\weapons\gmod_tool\shared.lua:183

2. Post #202

January 2012
    10 Posts
    When I downloaded this mod the spawn menu didn't even work...
    What can I do to fix this?

3. Post #203

April 2008
    13 Posts
    When I downloaded this mod the spawn menu didn't even work...
    What can I do to fix this?
    I experienced this issue as well. Un-installing the mod fixes the problem.

4. Post #204

January 2012
    10 Posts
    I reinstalled it a few times, doesn't seem to solve this problem.
    Anything else?

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Apparently the new GMod update broke it, I'm back for only tonight, so lemme see if I can get a fix out there before I leave again.

Edited:

Bah, it seems it's out of my hands for now, a lot of other people are suffering issues from the newest update.

6. Post #206

January 2012
    10 Posts
    Too bad...
    I wanted to try this mod :(

7. Post #207
    January 2012
    23 Posts
    Aww.. was looking forward to making more rollercoasters..

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,038 Posts
    Where is the Lua God rating when you need it?

On a related note, this brings back so many memories of Roller Coaster Tycoon and the sense of nostalgic fun it had. Definately a must-have addon for roller coaster enthusiasts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,922 Posts
    That's a shame. I wish we could roll back updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    If I'm not mistaken, you can use the SVN for previous versions.

11. Post #211

August 2012
    3 Posts
    I got it working using the latest git version and changing these two files:

Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lu a change line 390 from return AngVec:Normalize():Angle() to return AngVec:GetNormal():Angle()

Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_cart\init.lua change line 780 from return AngVec:Normalize():Angle() to return AngVec:GetNormal():Angle()

Hope this works for everyone else.

Edit: One more change I forgot was
    Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_node\init.lua change line 3 from AddCSLuaFile( "mesh_beams.lua") to AddCSLuaFile( "autorun/mesh_beams.lua")

I haven't seen any more lua errors since making these changes.

Edit2: Here is a download link for the updated files. Just unzip it to your garrysmodbeta/addons folder and it should work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 5Useful x 2Friendly x 1Lua King x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    October 2011
    139 Posts

Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lu a change line 390 from return AngVec:Normalize():Angle() to return AngVec:GetNormal():Angle()

Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_cart\init.lua change line 780 from return AngVec:Normalize():Angle() to return AngVec:GetNormal():Angle()

Rollercoaster\lua\entities\coaster_node\init.lua change line 3 from AddCSLuaFile( "mesh_beams.lua") to AddCSLuaFile( "autorun/mesh_beams.lua")

Edit2: Here is a download link for the updated files. Just unzip it to your garrysmodbeta/addons folder and it should work.
    cool,thank you its realy working!

13. Post #213

January 2012
    10 Posts

It works perfectly in single player, But when I try opening a multiplayer server people simply can't join it for some reason

14. Post #214

July 2012
    12 Posts
    You need to add more stunts, loops, and npc passengers that barf and scream and throw their arms up And Den you need Epic flaming loops of deathyness.

And den, underwater tunnels and tunnels in general, then move onto the waterslide maker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #215
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    You need to add more stunts, loops, and npc passengers that barf and scream and throw their arms up And Den you need Epic flaming loops of deathyness.

And den, underwater tunnels and tunnels in general, then move onto the waterslide maker.
    And den
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #216

July 2012
    12 Posts
    And den
    No MORe ANd DEN!

Dude, where's your car?
    Where's your car, Dude?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #217

August 2012
    5 Posts
    i see errors like this

this is when i make cart in coaster

this happens when i make speedup nodes

18. Post #218

August 2012
    5 Posts
    Can you add also that where you can set custom boost and chain speed??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219

August 2012
    3 Posts
    i see errors like this

this is when i make cart in coaster

this happens when i make speedup nodes
    Try my edited version I posted up there, it should fix those errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    117 Posts

(Ignore blue text, I fixed that with the file posted above)

The yellow text appears (in part on screen) and in the console when I try to build the track mesh, everything else seems to work great. Amazing work!

How can I fix this?

21. Post #221
    January 2012
    23 Posts

(Ignore blue text, I fixed that with the file posted above)

The yellow text appears (in part on screen) and in the console when I try to build the track mesh, everything else seems to work great. Amazing work!

How can I fix this?
    I got the same problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222

August 2012
    5 Posts
    i have again errors when tryes to build mesh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223

July 2012
    1 Posts
    hi, i really wanted to try out this addon but i keep getting this error when i try to build the clientside mesh:

[lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:390] attempt to index a nil value
    1. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:390 (AngleAt)
    2. lua/autorun\tracktypes\cl_track_metal.lua:161 (Generate)
    3. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:368 (UpdateClientMesh)
    4. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:311 (?)
    5. lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69 (unknown)
    6. (tail call):-1 (unknown)

i dont know what any of this means but i cant make a coaster so i just really need help from someone here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #224

August 2012
    1 Posts
    workshop page is broken. i have the gm13 installed and running, but it gives me the same error: "This item does not exist. it may have been removed by the author." please tell me if i went wrong somewhere, im new to gm13 and dont have much experience with it.

25. Post #225
    June 2009
    14 Posts
    hi, i really wanted to try out this addon but i keep getting this error when i try to build the clientside mesh:

[lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:390] attempt to index a nil value
    1. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:390 (AngleAt)
    2. lua/autorun\tracktypes\cl_track_metal.lua:161 (Generate)
    3. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:368 (UpdateClientMesh)
    4. lua/entities\coaster_node\cl_init.lua:311 (?)
    5. lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69 (unknown)
    6. (tail call):-1 (unknown)

i dont know what any of this means but i cant make a coaster so i just really need help from someone here...
    I have the same problem...

26. Post #226

August 2012
    3 Posts
    I fixed the mesh generation, just had to change all the calls from NewMesh() to just Mesh(). You can get the fixed version here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Lua King Lua King x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #227

August 2012
    3 Posts
    for some reason when i try and make a cart it gets really, really laggy and it wont go on the track. any reason for this?

28. Post #228

August 2012
    5 Posts
    some error are if i load some coaster with save\load
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229

August 2012
    3 Posts
    when ever i want the change the look of the tracks they dissapear and the cart dosent go on the track it fall through

30. Post #230

August 2012
    5 Posts
    i have idea of more mesh types
    corkscrew coasters track mesh
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/u3ijubhQQJ4/0.jpg
    and track type for spinning coasters
    http://www.earlwarren.com/images/car...leposition.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

31. Post #231

August 2012
    3 Posts
    it wont work :(

32. Post #232

December 2011
    1 Posts
    Everybody look at Jagged21's last post he fixed it

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Back from vacation, coaster should be all fixed up now (Track collision is currently broken, but I'm going to wait for the next big update for that.)

Edited:

By the way, thanks Jagged for keeping it not-totally-broken while I was gone <3.

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,858 Posts
    Was going to ask where you had got to. good to see it's getting fixed though

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    605 Posts
    When I got this, it gave me no errors. Strange because everyone else was getting errors. Downloading Jagged's fix actually made this throw errors at me as soon as I equipped this tool. Hopefully you can fix the Build Client Mesh button.

Edited:

Here are the errors that get spammed:
    Code:
    [addons/rollercoaster/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/tab/tabs/node_creator.lua:293] attempt to call method 'GetCursorAimVector' (a nil value)
    	1. addons/rollercoaster/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/tab/tabs/node_creator.lua:293 (UpdateGhostNode)
    	2. addons/rollercoaster/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/tab/tabs/node_creator.lua:261 (unknown)
    	3. (tail call):-1 (unknown)
    	4. gamemodes/sandbox/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/shared.lua:183 (unknown)
    Edited:

-snip-

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    I fixed those errors already on the workshop and latest github version, currently the only problem is no mesh rendering, which was broken in the latest update.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    605 Posts
    [SUP]This had several edits. Most have been removed for cleanliness.[/SUP]
    Garry did change the NewMesh command to just Mesh, but that doesn't seem to work. It's something else in the code, possibly the cl_track_metal.lua in the track types.

Edited:

Jagged if you have another fix for this (that makes meshes) please post it.

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    It's not fixable by me, garry already fixed it in the svn version.

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    605 Posts
    It's not fixable by me, garry already fixed it in the svn version.
    This may take a while. TortoiseSVN no longer works for me. I still have a way. It's funny how I just got on the computer and you posted two minutes ago.
    Edited:
    Hooray! Garry updated GMod Beta (not SVN) and here's a bugfix he wrote:
    Garry posted:
    Fixed Meshes not building correctly

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    228 Posts
    FoohyAB, just wondering if you know why in a server the base form of the coaster without clientside render mesh really lags > 7 nodes

in a dedicated server this really starts to pile up... is there any way you can make the base form of the coaster before render something that doesn't rape the client side when it comes to render it?